Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
In Loving Memory of Jerred Guillen; Please read, this is important.
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 07:57 AM (8,253 Views)
I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh man.

What do I say to this? What CAN you say to this?

I woke up this morning to my alarm for work, and noticed that my Blackberry was going absolutely bananas. I took a look at my emails and read a PM that promised Important News, and I was absolutely unprepared for what I read.

I'll be honest. As close as Dan was with Arch, I was not. I did consider him a friend, and he was a damn solid guy, the kind of guy that you'd know would have your back if shit got heavy. Like was said, he was funny, he was responsible, and he was a really awesome and valuable member of these forums. To be frank, I probably know his sister better than I knew him, and in my opinion, it's a shame that I'll never be able to at this point.

There still doesn't seem to be any words that can properly describe the emotions that this tragic event brings up, and I can't figure out how to properly describe how I'm feeling. I'll be honest. I cried on the way to work this morning. Not for me, but for Jerred. For Theresa, and for their family.

The world's lost a really solid guy, and in the end, it still doesn't make any sense to me, and it probably never will.

To Theresa, and the rest of Jerred's family, I hope that none of you blame yourselves, and that you are able to find the strength and the solidarity to persevere through what I'm sure will be a very difficult time. Like Dan, if you ever need anything that I can possibly provide, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Not really sure how to end this, except to say that Jerred, I hope you rest in peace, and that you know that everyone here will always remember you with positive thoughts, warm feelings, and a place in our hearts for all time.

You will never be forgotten.

With love,

-Adam Dodd
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pickle Jello
Member Avatar
The worst RPer EVAR
[ * ]
Much like everyone else here, I don't know what to say. I've never really knew him and he probably never really knew me, but I'm at a loss for words. I didn't expect this to happen at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know what to say. When I read the title, I really hoped I were wrong with my assumptions, but then came the confirmation. I grabbed my head in disbelief, and I started to cry.

God damn it. I'm torn apart right now. I was talking with him just yesterday, and now... I cannot really expressed how sad I'm feeling right now.

Jerred - I don't need to tell this, because everyone knows it - You were awesome. One of the most funny, cool and kind person on this board. I never RPed with you, but I always really wanted. You were awesome in every single aspect, on SOTF, and outside of it as well. We'll always miss you, buddy...

Tre - Hang on! We're all with you, and with your family. When I had a really hard time in my life, the SOTF board was always there to support me mentally. It helped me, and I hope our support will help you as well in this time of great sorrow. Believe me, if I could, I would fly over the sea just to help in whatever I could help with.

Rest in Peace Jerred. We will never forget you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is incredibly shocking and saddening. I'm just not sure what to say, but it's always hard when something like this happens.. Although I never really spoke to Jerred, I always enjoyed reading what he wrote on the board and the roleplay. I give my best wishes to his family and Theresa. :( he'll definitely be missed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just to add a little something to what I already said...

I don't know how people knew that when Mimi came up with the whole idea of the triplets, there wasn't anything concrete about them. Jer, Mimi and I sat down for like three, four hours straight, and came up with Ily, Frankie and Rosa together. Jer and Mim are the only two people I've ever made characters with, and that's an experience I enjoyed with him that I'll never forget.

Rosa's just as much Jer's baby as she is mine, and I hope that in the future, I can do him proud.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This may be seriously fucking short, but I'm not in a typing mood right now.

I was actually one of the first people to read the announcement, but I've been so fucking "Oh God, I just don't know what to say" that I've been putting it off, well, fuck it.

To talk to, Jerred was one of the nicest damn guys on the forum, and in terms of writing, I looked up to him.

Urgh, It pisses me off that I can't express just how... I just don't know.

RIP, man. We'll fucking miss you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So I wanted to do this when I was sure I wasn't going to cry, but reading through this thread and just thinking about all the great that came along with Jerred, I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Jer was one of the most amazing friends anyone could ask for. He's was always right on top of it when you needed to complain about anything and would cheer you up right away. Y'know, reading how many other people never got a chance to truly talk to him, I'm honored that I actually got that and was able to be as close as I was with him. He and Tre were without a doubt two of my closest friends here and he was was a ray of light that just lifted your spirits.

Tre, I know you and you're family are devasted, but I want to thank you for being such an amazing friend. And never, EVER feel like you or anyone else is responsible for anything, because I know for a fact that you were one of the greatest big sisters ever. I love you<3.

And love you forever too, Gerber.

Posted Image

I◄◄
Offline Profile Goto Top

dinah_shore
Member Avatar
Lesbians!
[ *  *  * ]
I wish you could have seen what we loved about you.

I hope with all my heart that you are at peace.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pigeon Army
Member Avatar
is the Soul Machine.
[ *  *  * ]
As for all of us, this comes as a shock. And as for all of us, I'm positive that my words cannot do justice to the memory of perhaps one of the best people ever to grace the boards of this fair site. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to try.

I joined the site around the same time as Jerred in the middle of last year. Since that time, he has become instrumental in this site's continued appeal for myself. He was a humble, friendly, ebullient guy who wasn't afraid to step in when things got out of hand or contribute when things got ridiculously zany, as they often did. He was a fantastic writer, a witty man, and, moreover, a damn good friend. My thoughts, and everyone else's, are with his family at this time.

This may seem short, especially in comparison to some of the eloquent and powerful comments written by the likes of Dan and the other Adam. But regardless of whether I write one paragraph or one hundred, the message is still going to be the same. Jer was a top writer, a fantastic bloke, and a great friend.

Peace out, my fellow Sales Master. You show them what we're all about, and acquire Heaven in a hostile takeover.

Adam Goodall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jerred Guillen, you will be in our hearts.

Rest in Peace.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Polibyss
Member Avatar
Water Type
[ *  * ]
I don't really know if I could even be considered a member of SotF anymore, but I feel like I have to say something... the problem is, I don't know what to say. I still can't believe what's happening...

I didn't know him that well, but he was a nice guy and easily one of the best writers I've ever met. I wish the best to his family and friends.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure what to say. I'm mostly familiar with the times when people I barely know, like family friends, pass away. Those times, I really aren't close enough to the people to give more than a somber bow as consolation. I've never really experienced someone that I personally know and have talked to on multiple occasions passing on before, and now there's even less to say. I'm just kinda sitting here in dead shock.

I wasn't someone that talked to Jerred frequently or personally. There was always friendly banter, interesting discussion, and fun little games going on in chat and skype, and I got to know Jerred from there. He was a good person: compassionate, honest, funny, and understanding. He was an excellent writer, an excellent moderator, and an all around excellent member of this community.

He will be missed. By all of us. May we keep Jerred and his family in our prayers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
Where modesty's ill manners, 'tis but fit that impudence and malice pass for wit.
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm trying to remember all of the good times I had with Jerred, talking with him in Chatzy and on Skype and such.

But I can't. I wish I'd gotten to know him better.

I hope he's alright, wherever he is now.

Bradley Armstrong
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Woah. Just... woah.

I can't think of anything to say. He was a great part of this forum, and he will be missed greatly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's so rare that you meet someone as genuinely friendly, funny, talented and intelligent as Jerred Guillen. He brought something to this site that can only be described as DetectiveArcher, and goddamn it was something this place needed bad. Now it's something this place can't have again, and that's a loss that will be felt incredibly hard. We were so fucking privileged to have him as a part of this family. So fucking privileged...

Arch, people like you are never forgotten. Thank you so much for being you. Goodnight, sweet prince.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic