Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Board Mafia - Game Thread
Topic Started: Aug 11 2009, 01:03 PM (13,313 Views)
TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Pigeon Army
Aug 26 2009, 04:02 AM
I don't find lurking in and of itself indicative of a diseased criminal mind, but if you've got more stuff other than that, hit me, and we'll see what sticks in my mind.

Lurking always hurts the town, even if it's a pro-town role doing it. We went over the reasons for this in the last game. To Recap:

• lurkers don't vote
  • a pro-town lurker (with no night action) can't contribute to the defense of the town for the above stated reason
  • if there are enough lurkers it can be made impossible for town to lynch mafia AT ALL
  • scum might lurk to evade suspicion
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vote Count:

Anderson (9) : Yossarian, Vole, Moth, TDS, Face, Greg, D/N, Dropbear, Adam
KillerVole (3): Pigeon, Geno, Blast
R-S-Lee (2): Zetta, Kaze

Not voting (7): Wheeler, Mimi, Sunny, Solo, Arch, Carol, R-S-Lee

22 alive, 12 to lynch.

20 minutes until deadline folks.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Once again, there was a lot of arguing and fingerpointing amongst the board members, but after mistakenly lynching Yossarian the previous day, it seems nobody can muster enough support for the a lynch to happen today.

So, with little progress having been made, the board goes off to snatch what little sleep they can in another night of terror...

Night 2 begins until the 31st at 20:00 GMT. Get your night actions in.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yet another reminder post. I'm still owed a number of night actions, and if a particular person doesn't send me in something again tonight, they're getting modkilled. You should know who you are.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That night, the one known as Moth was busy, lying awake trying to figure out some end. So intent was his concentration that he did not notice when his computer's monitor rattle slightly, as if something were inside of it. Nor either did he notice when a hand emerged from the screen, quickly followed by a shaven head and a muscular body, in defiance of common sense and simple physics.

Moth did however notice when the the person let out a huge roar.

"All RIGHT! I've had ENOUGH of this crap! It's time to dispense some justice: Cyco style!"

Moth, looking rather panicked, which was an altogether reasonable response to the appearance of a death threat making Cyco, attempted to protest.

"But wait! I'm not a killer, I'm, well, KillerV-."

Cyco, ignoring the protest, sprung forward, caving a hole in Moth's ribs with one hell of a dropkick. The loose-cannon smiled in satisfaction, but this soon fell from his face as closer investigation revealed that Moth was in fact KillerVole.

"Aw man," Cyco muttered. "I need a drink."

At the same time, in another location, Wheeler had just finished a conversation with a friend. Getting ready for bed, he heard a tell-tale mewling, and sighing, went to check on his kittens. Sure enough, they were awake, and needed some looking after. As per usual.

Wheeler was just finishing this duty up when he heard the front door bang open. Frowning he went to investigate, only to spin around when he heard a downstairs window shattering. Wheeler crept cautiously towards the door, and felt fear grip him as he saw a mysterious figure standing there.

"This place was my idea, MINE!" the figure snarled, hurling a knife at Wheeler, who beat a hasty retreat into the next room. However, as he entered, somebody vaulted through the open window.

"No glass is a match for the GODDAMN Deagles of the GODDAMN Joemamma Kenobi!" the person crowed, striking a fanciful pose as he did so. Wheeler dived for cover in the meantime, just in time to avoid a hail of gunfire from the pair of deagles, woefully inaccurate due to the considerable difficulty of dual-wielding such weapons.

The figure appeared in the doorway and gave Joemamma an indignant glare.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" the figure demanded. "You're disrupting my plan!"

"Oh HELL naw!" Joemamma replied. "No crazy bitches are stealing the GODDAMN Joemamma Kenobis kill!"

As if to prove this point, Joemamma opened fire on Wheeler again, hitting him in the chest more by luck then judgement, and killing him right there. Joemamma turned his deagles towards the figure, but they threw another pair of knives with pin-point accuracy, knocking both guns off target before the figure escaped.

"Nobody throws knives at the GODDAMN Joemamma Kenobi and gets away with it!" Joemamma cried, shaking both fists in the air, before accidentally setting one of his guns off and blowing a hole through his afro.

It had been a chaotic, bloody night...

DEAD

Killer_Moth - KillerVole, Townie
Wheeler - faceinabook, Mason

Alive
Yoss
Adam
TDS
face
Mimi
Sunny
Solo
Arch
Vole
D/N
Geno
Dropbear
Carol
R-S-Lee
ZeM
Anderson
Kaze
Blast
Pigeon
Greg

Dead
Zehkiel-Grim as Yossarian. Townie. Day 1
banthesun as Super Llama. Townie. Night 1
Zabriel as Ragged Druid. Miller. Night 1
Killer_Moth as KillerVole. Townie. Night 2
Wheeler as faceinabook. Mason. Night 2

20 alive makes it 11 to lynch, deadline on the 7th of September, as always at 20:00 GMT.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
I never seem to have any luck in these games. Town, Avenge my Death!!!
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Would do, If I had any idea what was going on. :/
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh man. We lucked out there, big time. The misguided vigilante strike was not a good thing at all. If the killers hadn't targeted the same person, we'd be down even more.

I've been forced to rethink my accusations of the previous day. True, I still think Anderson is probably mafia, and Pigeon too maybe, but they weren't the ones who lead to yesterday's lack of a kill. I think we need to turn our attention to the people who are lurking. Specifically, we know that one person who was on the edge of getting modkilled didn't. That means someone has probably been lurking fairly intentionally. My suspicions point towards CJanosi right now, but I can't be sure.

In other news, the thought of Cyco coming out of my computer screen and killing me is... very disconcerting.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KillerVole
Sep 1 2009, 04:35 PM
I think we need to turn our attention to the people who are lurking. Specifically, we know that one person who was on the edge of getting modkilled didn't.

Actually that was a misguided threat. Multiple PMs hitting my inbox at once equalled me missing somebody's submission of night action.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, OK. I'll rethink things. It still means that people are lurking heavily. As we saw yesterday, that was bad. Even if the town hits an innocent, it gets information. As of now, all we can base our suspicion off of with any certainty is Day 1's vote, which wasn't exactly conclusive, since almost everyone bandwagoned. My current suspicions are most strongly leveled at Arch and CJanosi.

That said, I'm still very curious about one thing that Anderson never cleared up. Yoss said he saw Anderson checking this thread repeatedly in the "Online Users" Section, yet he didn't respond to the suspicions leveled at him until that was brought up. He never explained what was up with that. Instead, he and Pigeon threw accusations my way. I'd really like to hear Anderson's explanation for Yoss' claim. For those of you who don't know, Online Users shows exactly who is online, and what they're viewing. The only way Anderson could have "accidentally" turned up on this list is if he had this exact thread set as his homepage. This excuse:
Anderson

Partially blame that on the fact that my system is in the annoying habit of dropping me in here without asking (and without me noticing), explaining the random log-ons onto the site...they happen every time I do a system restart.

just doesn't fly. The logons Yoss mentioned were not to "this site". They were to this thread. Until I get a better explanation, or some sort of evidence to the contrary, I'm going to, once again, VOTE: Anderson. Right now, he's the only person we have compelling evidence on. We can deal with the lurkers later, but for now, let's focus on getting some answers from the person who's showed every sign of having something to hide.
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: I just noticed that Wheeler was a mason. Using that info, I've deduced the Solomir and Pigeon are not masons, as they both voted for him back on Day 1. This doesn't prove anything, but it is something to consider in light of their previous actions. Most of Wheeler's supporters were with me on Anderson, and it seems slightly odd that one of his primary detractors was the one who ground he lynch to a halt. I strongly suspect that Anderson and Pigeon are allied mafia.

FOS=Pigeon Army and Solomir
V7:
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have a good reason to not be posting >.>

Vole makes a good point with Anderson, but there is also the chance that he is just a townie who feels that his lack of a power role gives him very little to contribute to the discussion (he'd be wrong with that by the way. Townies are every bit as useful as power roles)

We have quite a few lurkers as of now, so it may be beneficial to the town to lynch lurkers right now, unless we get a bead on someone more suspicious. Anderson hasn't really contributed much so far, so....

Vote: Anderson
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Well, it doesn't help that my vote last round seems to have counted for nothing (I did vote but my vote wasn't tallied, so I'm assuming that I'm a hapless victim of some kind).

In related news, I'm going to vote for PigeonArmy based on some of the arguments that went on during the last day. If this vote doesn't get counted, I'll be going on the irritated assumption that I have no vote.

Vote: PigeonArmy
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*facepalm*

Again, mod mistake. Clearly I took all the votes for you as reasoning to not in fact tally your own up there.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Sunny Delighted
Member Avatar
your mom wanted to make sure that her clothes didn’t steal the spotlight from her new haircut so she went with this feather fringed semi-transparent catsuit w/modesty pleather panels in a simple, understated black.
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry I haven't been much help you guys. I'm totally down with the lynch all lurkers policy. (A bit hypocritical on my part, but eh) But as much as I want to go with the Anderson vote, I'm going to VOTE: Pigeon Army for making up a reason to vote for someone else when we were trying to get Anderson lynched. But as far as lurking goes, Anderson did a have a valid point that CJ and Arch have posted less than he has. So FOS: Arch, Carol, and Anderson . But I'll switch my vote if the Anderson wagon gain more momentum.
The Fallen Everdreamers

Quote:

Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"

Quote:

SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes

Quote:

mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots

The New Doomed Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply