Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Questions Game; because it's harder to play with circles
Topic Started: Jul 19 2009, 11:14 PM (8,763 Views)
Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
So it was Ricky's idea to play the Circle Game with our characters, but since that's just in chat, I figured it be better to have a version that anyone can join in and will get archived for anybody else's perusal.

Instructions:
1) Read the question asked in the most recent post.
2) Pick one of your characters and answer that question. Put the question in quote tags so we can see what the question is.
3) Ask a new question for the next person to answer. Questions can be random and silly, or be deeper and more probing. (Don't flood the thread with silly questions though)

Of course, we don't need to put limits. You can of course answer as many questions as you want with as many characters as you want. If you're gonna answer with more than one character, clearly label which answer belongs to which character. And if you want to answer more questions (say a question asked 4 posts ago), quote all the questions you're answering with your answers under it, so we can follow which answers go with which questions. You must answer the most recent question (so nobody's question is ever totally ignored).

So let's get this ball rolling:

Where would you go in the city to relax and unwind?
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Solomir
Jul 19 2009, 10:14 PM
Where would you go in the city to relax and unwind?

Jennifer Perez: I'd just walk around. Probably the mall, maybe the Cinema, but really just around. For me, it's the movement that helps. I think most clearly when I'm going somewhere.

Aaron Hughes: I would prefer to remain in my own residence. No where in the city is anywhere near as relaxing as the comfort of home.

Everett Taylor: For me it's Bayview, hands down. School is where I can learn things, and where I can really show myself that I'm good at something. I just wish more people took it seriously.

Question:
What is your secret dream?
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
KillerVole
Jul 20 2009, 02:12 PM
Solomir,Jul 19 2009
10:14 PM

Question:
What is your secret dream?

Sapphire McLeod: I think most people had worked this one out already: I’d like to be a full time jewellery designer, creating top fashion for Paris and Milan. That would be perfect for me. Oh, and I’d like to meet a nice person as well, someone who I could relate to.
...is that ok?

Ben Powell: My secret dream, eh? That’s a toughie, I think I change that almost everyday… I’d like to get to collage first off, maybe somewhere in science or maths. Maybe be a teacher? I dunno. I’d like to travel the world one day as well, you know, see the sights.

Question:
What is your favourite food and why?
B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CorruptDropbear
Jul 20 2009, 12:57 AM
Question:
What is your favourite food and why?

Liam "Brook" Brooks: I know it's important to eat your veggies and all, being a gardening nut... but you know what? When it comes down to it, there's nothing as mouthwarming or as heatedly satisfying as a microwave burrito. Sure, it probably cuts my lifespan by a few days, but who could possibly think about that when they're eating a damned burrito!?!? On the healthy side, raw brocolli and ranch dressing are a close second.

Ivan Kuznetsov: Aunt Vera makes rabbit stew from time to time, a favorite of her's and my mom's back home. I've found it tastes pretty good as well, but I refuse to let her use any of my rabbits. She'll have to buy the meat herself.

Felicia Carmichael: When the orcs are bashing down the door and your battleaxe just isn't enough, never fear! The ever-diving pepperoni pizza never fails to bring down the mighty pain of the italian chef-gods! No, seriously though, pizza's pretty kickass. I mean, there's hardly a situation where it isn't appropriate.... okay, maybe funerals. And dentist appoinments. And bar-mitzvahs. But you get the point, right? Pizza. Preferably with some cola, pepsi OR coke works, I ain't picky.

Craig Hoyle: I try to hold back on the food intake, but man, I've got a guilty pleasure just like everybody else.... I LOVE frozen chocolate. I know that's really specific in terms of preparation, but it tastes better the colder it gets. Milk chocolate for me by the way, I only eat dark if I get really, REALLY desperate. White chocolate is okay too.

Question: Somebody at the 'Superpower Bank' has just written you a blank check of sorts... you can have any superpower you want. What would it be?
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"MK Kilmarnock"

Question: Somebody at the 'Superpower Bank' has just written you a blank check of sorts... you can have any superpower you want. What would it be?

Dominic Hoffman: Ha, I'd just get something awesome, like super strength or some crap. That'd be pretty awesome, being able to just grab a camper van one handed and throw it miles, or playing baseball and getting every shot out of the park.

Courtney Bradley: I'd get a power that'd actually be useful in everyday life, y'know? There's no point in having flight, or heat vision or anything, cause there's no reason they'd ever be necessary, well, besides heat vision cooking food faster, but that's never really needed, plus it'd be hard to time it just right so it wasn't burnt. So, really, I'd probably go for underwater breathing, or regeneration, that would be useful. Although, to be honest, regeneration would make your hair grow back every time it was cut, wouldn't it... In actuality, I really couldn't decide.

Kathy Goldman: Shitting Fire.

Question:
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Brock Mason: Super-brains. It'd be nice to be the clever one for a change.

Jessie Anderson: Healing hands, just like Jesus is supposed to have had. Being able to help people in more ways than emotionally would be amazing.

Winston Parry: Invulnerability, because then, people could attack me as much as they wanted and I wouldn't need to worry about it.

Bounce: I would keep such a 'cheque' blank until the time something occured which would necessitate a superpower.

Rosa Fiametta: Manipulating affections... not making people fall in love or anything like that, just... making them... care more.

Quote:

Question: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Brock Mason: Oh gee, I dunno, maybe being able to read?

Jessie Anderson: Uhm... nope, don't think I would. Everything is just fine with me. Pass the ability to change on to somebody who needs it.

Winston Parry: Being a little taller would be nice... not huge, but I feel kind of tiny sometimes.

Bounce: Athleticism. I am not particularly fit. It is something I wouldn't mind changing.

Rosa: ... private.

If you were 'interested' in somebody, how would you go aobut approaching them?
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

If you were 'interested' in somebody, how would you go aobut approaching them?

Maria: Well, I guess I'd try and wait until the right time, then just come out and say it. That how I did it with Zach, I mean that's how I WOULD'VE if he hadn't beat me to i-do you smell barbecue?

Duncan: Uh...hahahahahaha...<_<

Sebastian: You spelled 'about' wrong.

Petrushka: Uh...I guess I would try and get him to notice me and approach me themself, and if that did not work I would try approach him myself.

How deep into the geek culture would you say you are, if at all?
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

How deep into the geek culture would you say you are, if at all?

Ivan: Unless chess counts as a foot through the front door, not very far into geek culture at all. Nothing against them, but... it's not very interesting to me.

Brook: Probably not too far. Cross-country guys like me like to consider ourselves geeks in our own little way, much like theater people or tech crew people for that matter. No, I generally stick to my own interests... gardening, running and such.

Felicia: Oh hell, the bottom of the deep-frier! Sheesh, MMO's, FPS's, casual gaming, IRC's, you name it, I do it! My specialties happen to be the newer online stuff... conquer an MMO within a three-month substriction and head out of dodge!

Craig: Well, uuh... a little? I read and wanna draw comic books, if that says anything. I wanna write them, too, but... yeah, I'm just a lot better at drawing them. Here, let me show you this superhero I came up with. Kind of a parody of Squirrel-Girl, only it's hard to parody something like Squirrel-Girl when... well, what do you know about Squirrel-Girl? Okay, so she's in the Marvel universe, right? And supposedly, she's able to beat Dr. Doom, Deadpool and Wolverine. Anyway, there was this one time when she...

Question: The world is going to blow up tomorrow. What do you do today?
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Sunny Delighted
Member Avatar
your mom wanted to make sure that her clothes didn’t steal the spotlight from her new haircut so she went with this feather fringed semi-transparent catsuit w/modesty pleather panels in a simple, understated black.
[ *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Jul 22 2009, 08:16 PM
Question: The world is going to blow up tomorrow. What do you do today?

Samya: Hmm . . . eats lots of pizza, for starters. I'd probably have the ultimate Disney movie marathon at my house with my family. I guess I'd try to call my father. Then I'd drink my granny's stash of Crown Royal that she doesn't know I know about. :D

Scott: I'd draw until my hands fell off, then score some drug that would kill me. And try to get laid. Oh yeah, all of this is going on as far away from "home" as possible.

What would your idea boyfriend/girlfriend be like?
The Fallen Everdreamers

Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"

Quote:

SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes

Quote:

mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots

The New Doomed Kids

Spoiler: click to toggle

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll take another turn at this.

Sunny D33
Jul 22 2009, 09:07 PM
What would your idea boyfriend/girlfriend be like?

Jennifer Perez: My ideal boyfriend would be someone kind and mature, who didn't get worked up about little things. Someone who never fought with people, and was always willing to listen and be supportive. Someone who truly cared. In other words, probably nobody at Bayview.

Aaron Hughes: My ideal girlfriend would be someone who loved me for who I am: a talented and imaginative individual who doesn't fit in with the idiocy that is typical high school "society". She would have to be someone intelligent, funny, gentle, involved in similar interests as myself, beautiful, loyal, and honest.

Everett Taylor: I, er, don't exactly want a girlfriend right now. I simply don't have time for one.

What is your most prized possession?
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Tythanin
Member Avatar
Time to Spare
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What would your idea boyfriend/girlfriend be like?

Melissa Li: Huh? Boyfriend? I haven't really had the chance to think about that...I'm not really sure. Someone kind and nice, I guess...He'd have to like classical music, though. I'd like it if he was smart too. He doesn't have to be a genius or anything, but above average at least. Preferably not a jock either...I don't really like sports. A little spontaneity would be nice too. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

Violetta "Jane" Lindsberg: Already got mine!

Markham Connor: Hmm...Everyone says that it's what's inside that matters, but it's what's on the outside that makes you want to take a look in the first place, right? I'd like it if my girlfriend was pretty...I like that girl next door look. The wallflower looking ones...they look a lot more appealing than the girls that lather their makeup on or something. Personality-wise, I think I'd prefer the quiet intellectual. Great minds think alike.

Quote:

Question: What is your most prized possession?

Melissa Li: That's easy. My piano. I have a lot of memories associated with it. Most of them are good.

Violetta "Jane" Lindsberg: I dunno. I can't really call any of my possessions 'prized' cause chances are I'll lose 'em sometime in my life. If I had to choose one though, it'd have to be my horror movie collection. Pretty lame, I know.

Markham Connor: A copy of my father's graduate thesis. Did you know that my dad and mom first met when he was submitting it for review? It's like a match made in heaven for psychology geeks.

If you had to live in a foreign country for a year, what country would it be?
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

Danorum
Member Avatar
Using <3 as a punctuation mark since 2012 <3
[ * ]
Quote:

If you had to live in a foreign country for a year, what country would it be?

Vivien: Canada. I just wanna go back home.

What do you like most about yourself?
<3

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ivan: I'm happy with the shape I'm in, the dedication I put into my training, and the close relationship I have with my brother. I can't ask for anything more without feeling guilty.

Craig: Well, I'm glad that I'm getting really good at being more open to people, not being as shy as I used to. Well, I'm still shy, but it's all about breaking through that ice, yeah?

Brook: I'm happy with having a stable job, especially since it's looking like it's gonna lead to a healthy career in agriculture! What's not to love?

Felicia: What do I like most about myself... huh. Well, uuuuh.... hm. Eeeeerrr.... hold on, let me get this one last... okay, got that sunuva... thinking he could hide behind... oh! Right. The thing I like most about myself is my imagination, so I can avoid boring the hell out of myself!

Next Question: You get to place yourself in the fantasy setting of your choosing, whether it be a book, movie, video game, whatever. What is it and why?
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

TheLeakyFaucet
Member Avatar
Why hallo thar
[ *  * ]
Chad Klitou: I've always wanted to be in a horror movie. Not because I'm some kind of sadist who wants to see people get hurt or anything, but I've always wanted to see how long I'd last in a slasher flick. It's kind of weird, but something about running for your life kind of appeals to me.

Laverne Falciander: A fantasy would only distract me from my goals. I'm perfectly happy in the world I am right now.

Hera Alosso: I really don't know. I always thought the world in the Matrix was pretty badass though, so I'd probably end up going with that.

C.J Wong: Gotham City. No question.

What's your favorite pastime?
V4

The new batch....

Posted Image

Chad Klitou: Location Unknown
Hera Alosso: Location Unknown
Laverne Falciander: Location Unknown
Dory Stoeber: Location Unknown

LOLWUT?

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What's your favorite pastime?

Lucy Ashmore: Relaxing in my garden on a warm summer evening with a good book, and a tall glass of cold lemonade.

If you could get rid of three people in the world, who would they be?
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply