Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SotF Diplomacy!
Topic Started: Feb 24 2009, 06:37 PM (2,173 Views)
Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
I'mma keep this short and sweet for now.

Diplomacy is one of the most badass board games in existence. Rules can be found here. An internet community like this is a great way to play what is often a rather long and involved game at a much more relaxed pace.

I will need 7 players. Indicate your interest below. If you have questions about how a play-by-post Diplomacy game will work, about the rules, or about anything else pertaining to the game, I'll be happy to answer!

1) Solo
2) Land
3) GM
4) Arch
5) Poly
6) Neal
7) Doc?

LET'S GO!
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why must you make us do so much work and make more posts?

I'm in, as I already said in chat.
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
This is a brief and witty post to the effect of "I'm interested".
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

GameMaker
Member Avatar
Error: This Title Is Too Smexy To Display
[ *  * ]
(Landlocked's post is neither witty or brief, for he stole the idea from me... even though he posted it before me. ;_;)

But yeah, huzzah, huzzah, I'm interested and I'm oh so witty
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
This sounds kind of interesting. I'll give it a shot.
Maybe the night seems so dark because the day is much too bright.

v3 Characters-
Petra Elizabeth Andrews, Morgan Green, Edward Sullivan

v4 Characters-
Ilario Fiametta III, Roy Archer, Riley Flynn, Olexia Kovacs

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  *  * ]
poly is interested.
V7

Nealosi
Member Avatar
Level 80
[ *  *  * ]
Count me in if you have the room. I'm a fan of the board game, the problem is finding people who will stick around for many hours and not go crazy.
I eat alone in a desert with skulls for my pets,
I rate the days 1 to 10 with lead cigarettes.

v4

Jeremy Ressler
Catherine Cowie
Haaziq Muhammad Sayf

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
6 people confirmed, and I believe Doc Posty mentioned earlier in the chat that he'd like a spot. He's tentatively got it, but if it turns out he doesn't want it and someone else wants to step in the empty place, that's all swell!

Once the seventh spot is confirmed I'll be telling everyone their nation assignments.

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
REMOTE TERMINAL ACCESS ONLY
[ *  * ]
You can consider me an alt, if you'd like.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Mark Tavarian - A rotting corpse at the Sea Cliffs

Doctor Post
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I'd still like to join if I can =D
Unmask your heart. Show us your smile.

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Why certainly, Doc! You are now #7. Dark, apologies, but you'll have to go onto a reserve list of some sort. Anyway, country assignments are decided:

1) Solo - Russia
2) Land - Italy
3) GM - Germany
4) Arch - England
5) Poly - France
6) Neal - Turkey
7) Doc - Austria-Hungary

Map and specific rules will be up definitely by the end of the week. Until then, start getting paranoid!

Doctor Post
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Jonny
Feb 25 2009, 03:29 PM
7) Doc - Austria-Hungary

Posted Image

Huzzah!Posted Image

Unmask your heart. Show us your smile.

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Here is the map of Europe (and a bit of Asia and Africa) as it stands in Spring 1901:

Posted Image

However, something tells me that this layout will change very soon for some reason! How will this happen, you say? Glad you asked. It allows me to explain the mechanics of how the game will work.

1) You are going to plot with the six other countries about what to do. This should probably be done in some sort of private channel, for example in PMs on this board or in IM form. Obviously some of what you say to others in these PMs and IMs will be true, and some will be hateful, malicious lies. Learn how to use both well.
2) If at all possible, please also add me to the recipients list for the plotting PMs you send. This isn't required, and I understand any decision to send the PM only to its direct recipient, but I'm very much keen on watching all the plotting unfold from the best vantage point. And I promise not to discuss any information I receive, even with the people who sent or received it.
3) You'll be sending orders via PMs to me. Imagine I was the Kingdom of Iberia, with an army in Spain, an army in Portugal, and a fleet in the Mid-Atlantic. A plan to convoy the Portuguese army into the tactically vital French territory of Gascony with support from the Spanish army would be sent via a PM formatted like so:

A Por-Gas
A Spa S Por-Gas
F Mid C Por-Gas

The order is pretty irrelevant, but I would like people to stick that format so I don't get confused.
4) I'll be operating under a schedule of one week per turn to start off, with deadlines being 000 Sunday on American Eastern time. If people feel like the game is moving too fast or slow as a result, the schedule can be adjusted accordingly.
5) If you're unsure about whether a move is legal and/or will actually accomplish anything, please err on the side of caution and ask me. Note that this does not mean I'll be giving you strategic advice, only telling you whether moves are doing what you think they're doing. For example: simply ordering two armies to move into an enemy-controlled territory is doing it wrong.
6) Sadly, the map I found did not have icons available, and I'm on a rather terrible MSPaint substitute, so armies and fleets are being represented by colored letters. If anyone find them too annoying/difficult to read, I can see about remedying that in future updates.
7) Whether or not you want to RP as the actual leaders of the countries is, in general, up to you guys. I'll be providing some "in-character" GM Posts, but there is no standard anybody's being held to.

That's all there is to it. Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them. First GM Post should be up very soon. First deadline for orders is 000 (midnight) Sunday, March 8. Please PM your orders to me by then!

Good luck, and stay ruthless!

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
What's that, you say?

Less than 24 hours until orders are due???

Yes, it's true! Within the next 21 and a half hours, I need orders from everybody. Some of you have already sent orders, so don't you worry. But those of you who have not... please get them in! Promptly, and such. I would hate to have to deal with the hassle of late orders on the very first move.

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY
A Bud-Rum
A Vie-Bud
F Tri H

TURKEY
A Con-Bul
A Smy-Con
F Ank-Bla (Bounce with F Sev)

ENGLAND
F Edi-Nth
F Lon-Eng
A Lpl H

ITALY
A Ven H
A Rom-Tus
F Nap-Ion

GERMANY
F Kie-Den
A Ber-Kie
A Mun-Ruh

RUSSIA
F Sev-Bla (Bounce with F Ank)
F StP-Bot
A Mos-StP
A War-Ukr

FRANCE
A Mar-Spa
A Par-Bur
F Bre-Mid

Feel free to use this thread to gasp in horror at these startling developments. Next orders are due 000 Monday, March 16th.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply