Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Answer; **CONTENT WARNING**
Topic Started: Feb 5 2009, 06:39 PM (9,908 Views)
Solitair
Member Avatar
Where modesty's ill manners, 'tis but fit that impudence and malice pass for wit.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Quincy Archer continued from Running of the Fallen))

One kill.

That's right. Lyn only got one kill announced, her idiot cousin. Maybe she got more during that other time, maybe not. But Quincy apparently pulled the number two out of nowhere. And normally he remembered the announcements so well.

Time got lost in the jungle, as it was wont to do. Quincy didn't even think time mattered in his little world anymore. He couldn't see the sun, or any clouds for that matter, just a uniform field of gray filling the spaces in between the trees. He tried not to think about where the light was coming from, if it was there at all.

The first time he saw a break in the trees, he cautiously walked up to it, but stopped short a fair distance away from the actual clearing when it became clear what he was walking towards. Stretching into the fog was a gaping pit, cut into the land as if someone had taken a giant hole-puncher to the island. He edged toward the edge of the forest and looked down, seeing a rocky cliff face stretching down into a black void, a few pebbles coming loose and falling into the depths.

He checked his map. Field of Flowers. Permanent Danger Zone. Right. He didn't know what would happen if he jumped over the edge. Would he fall until his collar exploded? Would some sort of Lovecraftian beast reach up and grab him? Or were there spikes down there, just beyond his sight? He didn't know, and didn't want to find out. Instead, he walked around the edge of the pit, trying to remember which places hadn't been removed from play yet.

Before he could check his map, he heard footsteps coming from the fog. He began walking through the woods, following the sound of the footsteps, occasionally skirting around other pits in the landscape. Eventually he came to an area that hadn't been erased yet; the Airfield.

Quincy could see what he assumed were wrecked planes scattered around the field. They didn't look much like planes, though; they had too much flesh for that. It was hard to tell what they were or how they'd looked before, since they'd been heavily damaged in the crash. He walked up to one, getting his shoes wet with rotten gore, and peered into the wreckage to see what he could identify. Ruptured organs, fractured bones, torn skin; Quincy couldn't see much more than that, though, since he realized how horrible the things smelled and felt a strong urge to vomit.

He sprinted away, soles clanging against the strip of grating in the middle of the field, and tripped on the disemboweled corpse of Keiji Tanaka, releasing a trickle of bile from his empty stomach. As he retched on the ground, he heard a door click shut. Seconds later, he recovered enough to look around. He saw a small tower in front of him, caked with rust and riddled with small holes. The door had several large gashes in it, some of them deep enough to cut through it completely in a few places. Quincy sighed and turned the knob, stepping into the building and slamming the door behind him.
WickedIcon: i just launched a baby wearing a denim jacket and a bowler hat across a hospital, through a window, killing several patients, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, and finally coming to rest on the body of a presumably dead clown
WickedIcon: this is the best dollar i've spent in several years

chitoryu12I have yet to find gay sex that involves the men punching each other. I must not be on the internet enough

Turning Pages: Read some books along with me, why don't you?

V4:
Spoiler: click to toggle

V5:
Arthur Wells: The Artist ... ... ... ... ?
Rose Matheson: The Sprinter ... ?
Ilya Volkov: The Wrestler ... ... ... ... !
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: Doing a scene with Landlocked here, so same thing as Sol said. Please leave our characters to their scenes))
IC:
((John continued from Running of the Fallen))

The skin on his leg had turned a shade of pink resembling a bad sunburn. John knew the burn would eventually blister up and be fine, but that didn't stop him from wincing when the muscle would flex as he walked. It wasn't anything debilitating and on top of that he was more worried about his face. Velvet had proven a worthy foe and probably should have beat him if not for her one mistake. John wandered into the airfield. He'd passed through the area before on his way to other places, on top it being the place where Velvet originally attacked him. Besides the seaside cliffs area this was his favourite place on the island. The wreckage and deterioration that fill the area was soothing in a weird way. It was strange knowing that this island was a host to instruments of death before their class had been dropped here.

John wandered over to one of the two hangers. He saw a couple of old uniforms hanging up. Nice camo gear. Looking down at his guitar hero champion t-shirt and now burned pants, he realized it'd be nice to change clothes. Unfortunately only the pants fit. Tossing away the burned pants, John continued exploring the area. His new pair of pants were feeling great.

"Perks of being in the army I guess."

John thought about entering the control tower again, but thought better of it. The incident with Shameeca had opened his eyes to how trapt you could get in there.

Instead he wandered over to one of the downed aircraft, climbing up on one of the wings and sitting down with his back up against the plane's body. He pulled out the tire iron which still had dried blood on it. Velvet's, Emma's, Cara's. Smiling as he remembered Cara's death John closed his eyes and let himself get absorbed by how relaxing the quiet was.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
((Emma Babineaux continued from Hand Up, Guns Out))

((Minor godmodding that occurs during this fight is all approved by me and Dan.))

Emma wasn't entirely sure how long she ran, though she was vaguely aware of the echo of loudspeakers as she did. The wind rushing in her ears drowned most of what Danya was saying out, however, and consequently, she only caught a few names, none of which she recognized. She might have beat herself up over this normally, but Emma couldn't think through the sheer panic and adrenaline flooding her mind. She was focused on only one thing: run away as far as possible.

Maybe, had she been able to have calmed herself down somewhat, Emma would have paid more attention to where she was going and kept Andrea's words in mind - far from trying to get to the northern coast, Emma was simply running until her legs gave way, paying no attention to where she ended up. Given her strict volleyball training, she wasn't worn out for quite a while, and when she finally came to a stop, she panted and leaned over, completely lost in the jungle.

Fortunately, there seemed to be a clearing just a few feet away - perhaps she had gotten lucky again and wound up at the northern coast?

Stepping past the treeline, Emma was disappointed to discover that she was completely off, and had ended up in the airfield, just next to a downed plane. Andrea's advice suddenly came back to her - they had to meet her at the northern coast.

...No. She couldn't give up hope already, could she? Placing her sword on the ground next to her, Emma fumbled through her pack, searching for her map. Maybe the coast wasn't far from here? She could just backtrack a bit and things would turn out fine...

Perhaps she would have been a bit more careful with her weapon had she taken the time to really look at her surroundings and realize exactly who was sitting on that very plane.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John had almost fallen asleep on the wing of the plane. It was after all a wonderful morning. He was finally getting credit for his work. He had a new pair pants. Life on the island was going well. Sure his leg was sore from the burn. Sure his mouth was still tender from the blows Velvet had delivered, but he was alive and in great condition. Untouchable. That was word he was looking for. Sitting there on the wing of a fallen aircraft, Johnathan Rizzolo was untouchable. John was so wrapped up in his own egotistical thinking that he failed to notice the girl stroll into the airfield until she was nearly to the aircraft he was sitting on. She hadn't noticed him yet, or at all for that matter. John couldn't make out who it was right away because her head was turned rummaging through the bag, but when she turned her forwards, even with her nose down John was able to recognize who it was.

Thank you.

It was taking every single ounce of restraint in his body to not jump off the wing of the airplane and rip Emma's throat apart.

No Johnny. You know that is too good for her.Enjoy it. Revenge can't be taken in haste.

John quickly checked his pistol to make sure that it was loaded and the safety was off. He put his tire iron into one of the pockets of his new pants and readied himself. So much was going through his head. This was absolutely perfect. The one person who had betrayed him the most on this island. Even that bitch Maxie did not compare to the hatred John felt for this girl. John would make sure that what Cara Scholte went through would feeling like playing with a box full of kitten in comparison to what Emma would get. After everything they'd been through since they'd first met. John remembered that before the class trip he'd considered asking this bitch out. Thank god he never did. She was spineless, weak and undeserving.

Slowly John climbed off the airplane, leaving his pack in the seat of the cockpit. He slowly crept behind her. His hands were shaking with anticipation. This would be everything he wanted it to be. She was his and only his now. He was there. His shadow cast over her in the sunlight of the dawn. He saw her body tense up, and before she could turn around, he placed the silenced muzzle into her back and stood her up. He then took his right hand wrapped it on her neck and shoulder area and grabbed her chin.

"Hello Emma," He breathed into her ear, "Did you miss me?"
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Emma continued to frantically dig through her pack, but the map was nowhere to be found. Could it have fallen out of the pack while she ran? Maybe it wasn't zippered up properly. Did she even need it? The northern coast was close to here, right? She must have been running north. But then, she hadn't checked her map much at all the past few days, how would she know? She could be halfway to- what was that noise?

Emma's eyes shot upwards towards the plane. No one was there... but what was that sitting on the wing? It could've been a daypack, but then, it could've been a rock or something, it was a little far... Emma strained her eyes to get a closer look. If someone was here, she could find an ally, someone that still had their map, and backtrack to the northern coast. Everything would be fine. Things were looking up. Yes.

As a shadow passed over her body, her limbs froze. Okay. Okay, someone was here.

Calm down. You've been lucky so far with making allies... Who's to say this is any different? Just... just don't make any sudden movements, don't surprise them, you'll be FINE...

The person behind her, however, was definitely not ally.

As she felt the cold barrel of what must have been a gun pressed against her back and an arm reach around her body, Emma's stomach plummeted, a sensation Emma was familiar with when John Rizzolo was around. It was amazing that, even in such a frightening context, even after he had beaten her over the head, that same flutter of attraction still registered with her when he spoke.

Whatever attraction she felt was fleeting, however, due to sheer panic once again flooding her system. Emma wanted to bolt right then and there, to run and not stop this time, but the gun being held to her back told her otherwise. So instead, she stood completely still as John hissed into her ear, so close she could feel his breath on her neck. Even in the heat of the jungle, a chill ran down her spine. She didn't know how to respond. Would answering him defuse the situation, or just make things worse somehow? How could this happen now?! It wasn't supposed to be like this, they were about to escape, it was nearly over...

"John... J-John, please..."
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John's heart was beating a mile a minute. The fear in her eyes and the expression on her face. It was all so perfect. John kept the gun places against her back. Breathing heavily with anticipation he removed his right arm and placed his head next to her other ear.

"John please what? JOHN PLEASE WHAT?" He yelled at her smiling ear to ear.

He used his arm to turn her around, switching the gun to his right hand and keeping it pointed at her.

"I asked you a question Emma," John said flatly, "ANSWER ME!"

It was purely adrenaline now as the John swung the gun and struck Emma back down to the ground.

"PLEASE WHAT!!!" John yelled as he quickly jumped on top of the girl. John looked at the gun which had a small red smear on it.

"This is too good for you. You know that? It is way too good for you. You don't deserve a fucking bullet. It'd be a waste of ammo on you. Do you have any idea how much I've wanted this you miserable cunt? To think, I actually used to think you were a pretty awesome chick Emma. I really thought I could count on your help here and what did you do," John moved his head so that his nose was touching hers, "YOU BETRAYED ME!"

John slapped her with his left hand before looking at the gun in his right hand again.

"Yeah...," John tried to calm his breathing down and focus, "You aren't even worth this."

John tossed the gun over to where Emma had laid down her sword. He knew what he was going to do. Reaching down his pant leg, John pulled out the tire iron.

"I think you two have met before haven't you?" John whispered.

It was time to make Emma know just how wrong she was. Just how bad she had betrayed him.

"You know, I told myself during one of my jungle walks that I wasn't going to do that same thing twice, but seeing as Mr. Danya and his men liked it so much the first time, I think we'll go with some classic John." John said, the grin returning as he thought back to being in this exact same situation with Cara Scholte.

John, who had pinned Emma's arms to her body with his legs, slid himself back slightly so that his ass was on her knees and that her arms were now free. He grabbed her left hand and examined it. John placed the end of the tire iron over her middle finger. The look of fear in her eyes was wonderful.

"Actually," He said as he released her hand, "Let's start on this side."

John grabbed her right hand, her serving hand, and placed the end of the tire iron over her middle finger.

"No more volleyball..." He said coldly.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The whispering turned to shouts, and Emma gave an involuntary jerk of shock. John had clearly lost the little remaining sanity he had left the last time to two of them had seen each other. He turned Emma around, his face inches from hers, the features she had admired so much now distorted with rage and with layers of dirt and filth, turned into something twisted, inhuman. As he screamed, shaking her, tears began to stream down Emma's face. How could she possibly reason with him?

"PLEASE, JOHN! PLEASE DON'T HURT M-"

SMACK

Something hard struck her across the skull, the pain and sheer force knocking her to ground as tiny white lights danced in front of her eyes... Something wet and slippery was running down her forehead and out of her mouth... The old bruise John had given her throbbed... Suddenly, John was on top of her. Dazed, her mind unable to process what was happening through the blinding pain in her head, Emma was only vaguely aware of what he was saying to her.

"It is way too... deserve a fucking bullet... miserable... used to think..."

No... this couldn't be the end... she... she had been doing so well, she had allies, she was going to escape... they were all saved...

"J-John... we're going to escape..." she groaned, the tears not stopping, but her words were drowned out by John's screaming, his face right in hers again.

"YOU BETRAYED ME!"

She began to sob. "Y-YOU KILLED SOMEO-"

Another blow struck her across the face. As her head was jerked to the side by the force of it, she felt another trickle of blood spill from her mouth. Through her tears and the throbbing pain behind her eyes, Emma was just able to make out John taking something out from his pant leg.

"I think you two have met before haven't you?"

He grabbed her arm, forcing her hand into his and placed the tire iron over her finger.

"No more volleyball..."

"NOO!"

The scream came somewhere from deep within Emma, a place that had barely stirred the past eleven days. But now, with no one left to rely on, Emma's survival instinct had finally kicked in, and a sudden surge of adrenaline overtook her. She refused to let this end this way.

Thrashing under John's weight, Emma was able to wrench her hand out of John's grip. His balance thrown off as she continued to flail wildly in an attempt to escape, Emma was able to free one of her legs from underneath John's body, and without a second thought, she reared it back and drove the hardest kick she could muster into his groin, screaming the whole time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
Where modesty's ill manners, 'tis but fit that impudence and malice pass for wit.
[ *  *  *  * ]
The interior of the control tower was dank and stuffy. Water dripped from the ceiling and onto eviscerated couch in the middle of the room. Something had torn the cushions and fabric to ribbons, slashing them to bits and pulling out the springs before splintering the wooden framework. Where the walls weren't smeared with reddish-brown shit they showed metal plates covering the walls like patchwork, most of them only partially fastened to the walls due to their screws rusting to nothing. In the center of the room there stood a narrow staircase with grated, rusty steps, worn with pockmarks in the railing and framework.

As he looked at the inside of the tower, he began to hear loud voices coming from outside the tower. In a panic, he turned around and tried to leave, but he discovered that while his back was turned, the door had been welded shut. That was fine, he rationalized. They couldn't get him if the door was broken. With no other alternative, he began climbing the stairs, his fear giving way to curiosity. Soon after his head emerged into the room at the top, he heard a sharp creak, and felt the stairs give way underneath him. Luckily, he reached out and grabbed the top step before he could fall. With a bit of effort, he manages to climb back up to the top, scraping himself a bit on the remains of the staircase.

A wooden chair was the only unblemished feature in the top chamber. Whatever had destroyed the couch had also apparently gotten to the control console, turning it into a mess of broken metal and severed wires. The window had a massive hole in it, but no glass fragments decorated the floor; something had been thrown out of the tower, apparently. He pulled the chair along the floor, dragging it along with his sword, and peered over the console to watch the two figures in the airfield below.

He saw a hulking shadow with knotted skin, the same one he saw in the jungle, he realized, looming over a gross exaggeration of the female form; her waist was almost as think as one of her arms, while her breasts flopped over her body like water balloons. He caught their conversation and finally managed to place the two of them. John Rizzolo, baseball player and Guitar Hero wizard. Emma Babineaux, wannabe model.

Quincy remembered Emma, how proud she was of her body, his horrified reaction to walking in on her posing nude on the art club. And now ol' Rizzo had snapped and decided to take out his rage on Emma. Quincy found himself wishing that Riz would ruin that body she took such great care of, ripping and tearing it to shreds. He realized it was petty - Emma had barely ever said two words to him - but he'd long since ceased to care.

He realized he was laughing rather loudly as he watched Emma struggle against her assailant. He calmed himself down a bit, but still chuckled to himself. The monsters couldn't get to him; the door and stairs were broken, after all. He was free to observe the chaos below with nothing stopping him.

"Do you like what you see?" asked a voice that sounded vaguely familiar.

"Oh yes," Quincy chuckled. "God, yes!"
WickedIcon: i just launched a baby wearing a denim jacket and a bowler hat across a hospital, through a window, killing several patients, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, and finally coming to rest on the body of a presumably dead clown

chitoryu12I have yet to find gay sex that involves the men punching each other. I must not be on the internet enough

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And everything was going so well...

The voice of Dwight from Sin City ran through John's head as he felt Emma's foot pop free. One minute he was giving his revenge, the next, a foot was crashing into his testicles at a breakneck, or in this case, ball-busting speed.

A hybrid of a scream and growl of pain came from John as the sensation of pain rushed through his body. He fell to the side, gasping for air, dropping the tire iron to place both hands on his crotch.

"Da..damn i-i-it!" He roared in pain. He could see his gun lying a few feet away and knew he had to get to it. If Emma recovered in time to stop him, he was fucked.

Muscling up every ounce of adrenaline he could, John began to shuffle his body towards the gun, grunting in pain at every move.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Though she could only dimly make out her surroundings through the haze of blood and tears in her eyes, John's scream of pain told her that her kick had hit him, and she heard a thump as the tire iron fell to the ground. The weight on top of her began to shift - John must have been getting up.

Confidence and adrenaline fueled by her successful attack, her vision began to come back to her, though the pain did not subside, and blood still poured from her mouth. As she spat some of it out, she felt what must have been a chipped piece of tooth leave her mouth as well.

Turning her head, Emma realized the reason John had gotten up - he was heading for the gun he had thrown away. The adrenaline pumped harder. If he got his hands on that gun again, she was as good as dead. Still a bit too dazed to stand up, Emma aimed another kick towards John's legs as he shuffled towards the weapon, hoping that the pain from her previous kick would leave him vulnerable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Even through the pain, John's smile had returned. He was mere inches away from the gun. He could see it gleaming in the sunlight, begging him to be used. It didn't matter anymore if Emma was unworthy of being shot. He had to stop her now.

John felt his fingertips touch the steel, but they were never able to do anything past that, for an audible pop filled the surrounding area.

"ARGHGH!!" John screamed in pain.

Emma had kicked out at him once again, and her blow had struck his kneecap, popping it out then back into place within a second. John had had this happen to him once before in the past and while the pain would subside and he'd be able to walk fine, the pain was excruciating right now.

More curses flowed from John's mouth and he grabbed his knee.

"I'll kill you...I'll fucking kill you.."
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The popping sound Emma heard as she kicked John's knee was sickening, but at the same time, oddly satisfying. She recalled the time something similar had happened to her during a volleyball game - she had tripped while diving for a spike and landed oddly on her leg, popping her kneecap. The pain had been awful, but it didn't take her very long to recover from. She could only hope that John had been hurt worse.

This, unfortunately, didn't seem to be the case.

"I'll kill you...I'll fucking kill you.."

If there had been any hope for getting out of this encounter unscathed before, it was certainly gone now. The almost primal anger in John's voice seemed to completely snap her out of her daze - Emma knew now that the only way to escape with her life was to incapacitate him somehow. She couldn't die now. She had to find Andrea again. Wiping some of the blood from her face, Emma finally attempted to stand, hoping she could tackle John to the ground while the pain from her kicks still lasted.

Unfortunately, the massive bruises on her head dictated otherwise. Emma's dizziness returned to her as she lifted her body, and her tackle turned into a stumble as she toppled over once again.

Screaming, she reached her arms out towards John's legs, hoping to drag him down with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John tried to put weight on his leg, but it was still no dice. He'd have to win this battle on one leg. He turned back to face Emma and was met by her diving frantically towards him. Her shoulder planted itself into his already throbbing knee causing John to cinematically faceplant into the dirt beneath him.

How am I losing?

John rolled onto his back grabbing his knee. He had to fight through it, he had to win this one. John saw that Emma was in the midst of getting up from her tackle. Uttering a snarl, John rolled over and used his good leg to push off the ground and spring towards Emma.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Emma smiled with wild satisfaction as she watched John fall flat on his face. Maybe she stood a chance in this fight after all. She began stumbling upwards again, still a bit dizzy but able to keep her balance better this time, and looked wildly around for where the weapons had landed. She had to get a hold of one of them before he did.

There. A glint in the sunlight.

Before Emma could lunge to grab either the gun or her sword, however, John was back up and tackling her. She moved as quickly as she could towards the pistol lying on the ground, but it was too late - the two of them both collapsed on the ground together again.

This time, however, John hadn't landed completely on top of her, and she had just enough room to stretch her arm a bit further. She felt her hand brush against the cool metal, but couldn't quite get a hold of it. As John began to scramble on top of her again, she attempted to kick and flail a bit more, though she was quickly becoming worn out and didn't fight quite as hard this time.

HAVE TO GET THE GUN.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
His lunge had worked, or at least it kind of worked. He had enough of his body weight on her to prevent a big movement, but he did not have full control. He had to get his leg over her again, but his knee was not letting him get the leverage. John made an attempt for Emma's throat with his hand, but her flailing arms prevented that.

He was stuck in a position that he could really mount no offense. Frantically John glanced up and down for something he could do, then he saw it. Emma had left her ribs exposed. John reared his elbow back in preparation to deliver a blow to her side, but as he was bringing the elbow forward, Emma's flailing and struggling arms got the better of him again, as he was struck in the nose by her hand. His body slipped to the side and off of Emma's body as John's eyes watered from the blow.

Everything was a blur due to the tears. He started swinging wildly, hoping to make contact with something, anything.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Emma could feel John move on top of her again, and began to panic, struggling to swing her arms around harder through the growing fatigue. No... no, he couldn't get back on top, she had to keep him off, keep him away from her she had to get herhandsonthegunitcan'tendthiswayITCAN'TENDTHISWAYGETTHEFUCKOFF!!

SMACK. Miraculously, Emma had managed to score another hit, right across John's face this time. She felt the weight shift off of her once again as John fell back to the ground. Finally free, Emma was able to scuttle just a few more inches forward, and at long last felt her fingers curl around the cool, inviting metal of John's gun.

"STOP-"

Another SMACK. John was going down swinging, and he managed to strike a blow on her side. Slightly winded but still with a firm grip on the pistol, Emma swung it around and pointed it directly at John's face, both of them still laying on the ground.

"STOP!" She screamed, hoping he would listen this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John felt one of his blows connect and excitement grew. Maybe he'd landed that blow he'd needed to land this whole time. He quickly wiped the water from his eyes gaining his clear vision back. However the vision was not what he had expected. He was staring down the barrel of his own gun. She'd managed to somehow grab it, and for the first time since he'd been dropped on to this island, John truly felt defeated. Emma was still yelling for him to stop, and left with no choice, John obliged. This was it, she was going to kill him. He'd been defeated.

"Well make it quick Emma. You win," John said cooly, "This is what you wanted isn't it? You wanted me dead, well hurry up and just do it."

John stared straight into her eyes just waiting for her to pull the trigger and eliminate him.

"Come on Emma, you can do it. Feel it. You want this to happen," He paused for a second, "DO IT!"
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Emma watched as John finally froze, her knuckles white as she held onto the pistol for dear life, never taking her aim off of him.

Was... was it over? Had she really won?

"This is what you wanted isn't it? You wanted me dead, well hurry up and just do it."

She had.

Emma could only gape at John. ...Dead? Was that how she would have to end this? She stared into John's eyes, and the look he gave her told her the answer. Yes, if she didn't kill him now, she wasn't going to make it out of this. She continued to hold the gun, her arms beginning to shake slightly.

She would kill him. She'd do it. It was the only way. Yes. She stumbled back to her feet again, keeping the gun trained on John. He was on the ground below her, completely helpless. All she had to do was pull the trigger. How hard was that? Pull, boom, leave. She'd do it. Yes, this was easy. He attacked her, she had to do it. She was dead otherwise. Her arms shook harder. She took a few steps back towards her sword. Wouldn't want him grabbing that. No. She picked it up with one arm, the gun still aimed straight at him. Now you're completely armed. He's defenseless. Just pull the trigger. Do it. You have no choice. You can do it, Emma...

"Come on Emma, you can do it. Feel it. You want this to happen... DO IT!"

Yes, yes, she would do it. He had even asked her. She'd do it... right... right now. Pull the trigger and.. and kill him... she would kill this boy... the same one she had admired and... no... no, don't think about that now, he attacked you, Emma! Do it now, pull the trigger, just do it and GODDAMMIT, the TEARS, why couldn't she stop CRYING and he was looking her right in the eyes and this was INSANE, she was practically being FORCED to KILL the boy she had a crush on, the boy she...

"GODDAMMIT!" Emma finally screamed, keeping the gun on John despite the tears now flowing heavily down her face, mixing with the blood and causing streaks of red to fall from her cheeks and chin. She had to do this. But... but... but MURDER?

"THIS IS INSANE! YOU'VE TURNED INTO A MURDERER, JOHN, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU'VE KILLED! AND... AND NOW I HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING?! OUR FAMILIES ARE WATCHING US JOHN! WHAT MUST THEY THINK OF YOU?! AND OF... AND OF..."

What would Maman say?

"WHAT THE FUCK MUST THEY THINK?!"

---

“Shit… no…”

“Emma. Please watch your mouth.”

Startled, Emma glanced back to see her mother standing behind her, watching over her shoulder. She suppressed a small groan of frustration before apologizing and returning to her knitting. Before she could correct the error she had just made, however, her mother interrupted again.

“What are you knitting?”

Sighing and removing the headphones she was wearing from her ears, Emma turned to face her mother.

“A beanie cap, I’m going to give to a friend of mine after the field… trip…”

She trailed off after seeing the look on her mother’s face. Emma was often compared to her mother in terms of appearance, and not without reason – they had the same hair color, similar-shaped eyes, the same small, pixie-like noses. To the casual observer, the biggest difference between the two would probably be their lips – Clarice Babineaux’s lips were much fuller than her daughter’s. Now, however, they were pressed together into a thin line, as if fighting to hold something back. Emma was accustomed to getting into arguments or debates with her mother, but even when she did, she knew that as soon as her mother made this face, all bets were off. She was about to release a storm on her. Emma did not say a word.

Clarice continued anyway.

“I’ve been talking to your father,” she said shortly.

“…That’s, um. Good? What… what did you talk about?” Emma asked quietly, choosing her words carefully so as not to sound sarcastic.

“You,” Clarice responded. Her lips remained pressed together, still holding back the oncoming rage.

“…Um. Okay… What did you sa-”

The storm came.

“You’ve been posing NAKED at the University, Emma? For money? FOR ALMOST A YEAR? And you were going to let me know about this, WHEN?”

Emma dropped her knitting on the living room floor. Not knowing whether to feel angry at her father for finally succumbing to her mother’s nagging questions, terrified of her mother’s rapidly increasing anger, or worried that she was about to lose the only link she currently had to Bridget, Emma settled on being completely shocked.

“How could you do this? WHAT, may I ask, made you think it was a good idea to do this without asking my permission first? Without TELLING ME ANYTHING? It’s…”

“…I needed the money, Maman-”

“It’s DISHONEST! It’s SHAMEFUL! I can’t believe-”

“Shameful…?” At this, Emma began to speak up. Out of all of the things she was feeling now, shame was definitely not one of them. “What have I got to be ashamed of? Are you saying I shouldn’t be proud of my body?”

“DON’T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!” Clarice shrieked, raising her voice twice as much as Emma had raised her own. “I am APPALLED that you would do something so… so… and just DECIDE that I DIDN’T NEED TO KNOW.”

“I needed the money for next year! Come on, Papa’s an art teacher, he knows it’s fine!”

“Oh, it’s always the SAME with you and your father! I’M the bad guy, I’M just the nag, aren’t I? I can’t BELIEVE you…”

“Maman, it’s not-”

“I’M NOT FINISHED.”

Emma became quiet.

“…I can not BELIEVE that you would do something like this and still expect me to let you live ALONE in a different country! I don’t know what I was-” her voice became somewhat indistinct after she said this; Emma couldn’t hear anything she was saying through the blood boiling behind her face.

No. No. She was sick of the nagging, sick of her mother underestimating her, sick of her raining on her parade. She would not take this away from her. She couldn’t. Emma would talk to her father. She’d talk to Bridget’s family. She’d run away, take a cab, call up her grandparents, this couldn’t happen, no, no, no, no, NO.

“…wouldn’t let you on that field trip, either, if we hadn’t already paid-”

NO.

“SHUT UP!” Emma screamed, stamping her foot.

Quickly, she scooped up her knitting needles, the striped beanie cap she had been knitting for tomorrow still attached to them, and lobbed them straight at her mother’s face. Clarice shrieked as one poked her in the eye, the other smacking hard against her cheek before falling at her feet. Rubbing her irritated eye, Clarice watched with the other as her daughter stomped her way out of the room, up the stairs and out of sight, heading for her room. From upstairs, she could hear Emma yelling one final time.

“FUCK YOU!”

SLAM

Then silence.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John watched in silence as Emma stood there, the gun shaking above him. The absolute raw emotion she was going through was amazing even with a gun barrel aimed at his head. Emma began screaming and crying about killing.

Come on...just fucking do it already.

Suddenly Emma said something that flicked a switch in John's head.

"OUR FAMILIES ARE WATCHING US JOHN! WHAT MUST THEY THINK OF YOU?!"

Everything came rushing back. The nightmare he'd had at the very control tower overlooking them. There he was again, walking along. The corpses of what was now 6 people lay on the ground. Five of these corpses had long blonde hair, one had a wavy brown hair.

What the hell is this?

John's vision was filled with the scene once again as he made his way to the corpses. Once again he felt that feeling of fear in his stomach. As he got closer, he could see that the faces were blurry.

W-Who the hell?

John was over top of the corpses now.

One for every person I've killed...

As he came to this realization, the faces became crystal clear, and John let out a scream in this vision. He was horrified. The corpses were each a member of his family. Katie, Kelly, Lisa, his mom, his grandmother and his step dad Shaun. They were all dead.

John snapped out of this vision, breathing heavily and staring right at Emma with fear in his eyes. He hadn't understood what it meant before, but Emma was right. His family, the family he loved so much, they would have been able to see him do all those horrible things. He had killed that part of him to play the game and now he realized what he'd done.

"Em...I-I didn't..." For the first time in a while John was lost for words. His family's faces rushed past him again and he felt a trickle of something wet from his eyes.

John Rizzolo was crying.

"Emma, I...My God...what the hell did I do? I didn't mean to, I didn't understand...I-I.." His voice trailed off as he realized she was still staring at him, gun pointed at his head.

"Do it Emma. I'm as good as dead. I've lost everyone, I can't go home. What the hell do they think of me!" He yelled.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Emma continued to cry as she held the gun up, now sobbing audibly. This game had ruined them. It had twisted their morals, turned her crush into a monster, a killer, and he didn't have any regret about it, he didn't care, he would have killed her, too if she didn't... was John crying?

He was. Was it possible that he regretted what he had done? ...No. No, he had just tried to kill her, people didn't just snap back like that... but he was crying, he was looking her straight in the eyes, she... she had to do it, she had to if she wanted to survive, she... she could escape the island, they both could, if there really was any shred of humanity left in him...

"J-John... John, don't... No... you can't be... I have to do this!" Emma yelled frantically between sobs.

But wouldn't that make her just as bad as him?

"Do it Emma. I'm as good as dead. I've lost everyone, I can't go home. What the hell do they think of me!"

Finally, Emma lowered the gun, consumed with grief. Here she was, about to murder someone in cold blood. And admitting to it. Someone who truly regretted what he had done - she no longer doubted it. Even if he hadn't shown that he still had some bit of decency left, Emma could never bring herself to kill John, the boy she-

"No. No, I'm sorry. I'm s-sorry John," she sniffled. "B-but there's still hope. I just saw Andrea V-Vanlandingham. She's alive, John. Her collars g-gone."

The tears began to ease somewhat, and Emma began to feel confidence behind what she was saying to him. "Listen. L-listen... we could escape. We don't have to be a part of this... this sick... this game. ...M-maybe your family won't forgive you, but... but you don't have to d-die. No one else does. Just... just come with me."

She took a step towards him, weapons still in hand but lowered.

Please don't let it be a lie.

Please.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John saw her lower the gun and a feeling of relief swept over him. Maybe he wasn't going to die after all. But he deserved it. Emma spoke again to him, tears flowing from her as well. He listened to every word she said, excitement coming over him.

"She, she really had her collar off? But how?" John placed his hands over his face. Everything that had just happened, all the thoughts and images, and Emma standing here in the sunlight, it was overwhelming for him.

John heard her step towards him as she spoke again. Assuring him that they could escape. They could get off the island if he went with her.

"I don't know...I mean, I-I've done terrible fucking things Emma, and now people know that. What if they look at me and shoot me for that? Emma you're the only person right now that," John paused before continuing, "That well...is my friend out here."

He looked up at her face. Despite the injuries he had inflicted to her, he could see once again her beauty that had captivated him before they'd been thrown on the island. Despite his best efforts not to show it, his face was showing the guilt he was feeling about causing the damage.

"Em..I'm sorry for what I did to you. I really am. If you believe that we can get out of here, then I trust you. I have faith in you. My family may never forgive my actions, but I'll have my life, and I'll have you there with me."

John extended his hand out to her, hoping she'd take it so they could fuck this game.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
For what felt like the first time in ages, the flicker of a smile crossed Emma's face. It wasn't a lie. She really had gotten through to him. They really were going to escape. She had truly won, and this time, it was on her own terms, not Danya's.

"I..." Emma stuttered, partially due to the now fading tears and partially due to shock. "I don't know how she did it," she said breathlessly, "but I saw it. She had a laptop, I don't know. S-she was about to tell us, but we were attacked, we were going t-to meet up..."

Another smile began to form as John continued.

"Emma you're the only person right now that... That well...is my friend out here."

At this, she could no longer keep the smile off of her face. As John apologized and extended his hand, Emma had a brief moment of hesitation.

Apology or not, John had killed people. He would have killed her. Did this really make up for it? Once again, Emma looked into John's eyes. They were the only two bright spots on a face covered in dirt, blood, sweat, and stubble. The island had been hell on him, and Emma was sure that she must have looked just as bad. But when she saw his eyes, she could tell that the person who had just extended his hand to her was not the same one that had killed those students. This was the John she had known from school. This was the John she... she had fallen in love with.

There, I said it.

All doubts aside, Emma placed her sword in her other hand, awkwardly holding both weapons, and gently held John's hand in her own. As she looked into his eyes, she couldn't help herself. She drew herself closer to him, and kissed him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John had gotten to his feet as Emma placed her hands in his. There was a brief moment of complete silence before John felt his head pulled towards hers. Next thing he knew his lips were lock passionately with hers. Not even the blood, sweat and tears from both of them could bring them off of this high. Her lips were still as soft as John has always they'd be despite the abuse of the island.

After a few minutes, John pulled away from their kiss just to look at the girl. The girl that had promised him a way out. John stared into Emma's eyes, he couldn't help but break into a smile. She was all he'd need from this point on.

"I've wanted that to happen for a long time. As cheesey as that sounds," John chuckled a bit, "You're such an awesome person, and..well...just thank you."

He stopped himself again to admire her eyes, they were just captivating.

"Em, I just have to say it one more time though....I'm sorry."

With that John moved his face back in and placed his lips onto hers.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
As their lips met, everything else suddenly faded. Emma forgot about the dirt, the bad breath. She stopped caring about the heat, about getting lost. She could no longer feel the throbbing pain in her head, the bruise on her side. All she felt was the warmth of their lips together. It was far from Emma's first kiss, but, perhaps because it felt like a reward for days of fighting for her life, it might have been her best one. The kiss broke. The looked at each other. John was smiling, too.

"I've wanted that to happen for a long time. As cheesey as that sounds. You're such an awesome person, and..well...just thank you."

"I-I've wanted this for a long time, too," she admitted, heart fluttering just a bit. Her grin grew wider, here to stay, she hoped. "Thank you, John. Thanks... thanks for... for proving that there's a way to beat this game."

"Em, I just have to say it one more time though....I'm sorry."

This time, the smile didn't fade.

"I... it's... all right. It'll be all right, John," she whispered as his face came closer to hers again. Before she knew it, they were engaged in another kiss.

It was more passionate this time. His tongue moved freely inside her mouth, and she felt herself get a bit hot in the face. As she got more and more caught up in the moment, pressing herself even closer into John's body, she felt the weapons drop from her hand. The kiss continued, and Emma didn't care when it would stop, she didn't care about anything anymore, all she felt was John, all she fel-
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John felt her body lurch and pulled away from the kiss. The look in his eyes had changed from one of compassion to complete hatred.

"Yeah, it will be all right...for me." He said coldly as he thrust the rest of the sword blade into Emma's torso.

She had been so wrapped up in their kiss that John had been able to coax the sword out of her hand and into his without her noticing. His plan had come full circle. He watched with joy as Emma's expression went to complete shock and terror.

"Oh what? You really think I bought your bullshit?," he said as he wiped his mouth, "You really think I'd believe that Andrea is still alive? She was announced as dead you stupid bitch, how can someone who is dead save us?"

John pushed her to the ground with his free hand, drawing the sword back out of her, her blood smeared against the shining steel of the blade.

"There is no escape Emma. I don't care what my family thinks anymore. They'll be happy that I'll be the one coming home. They'll be happy that J.R. is back. No one will second guess what I've done. They'll all chalk it up to the mental distress of the game. You though...you were stupid enough to believe me. You were stupid enough to think that I actually cared about you."

John reached down for the pistol, its cool steel felt right at home in his fingers.

"Pity though. Now that I think about it. I probably could have gotten more out of you before I grabbed your sword here. Oh well. Heat of the moment I guess you could say. The mind just does what it wants to."

John looked down at her one last time.

"Say hi to Cara for me, she was stupid enough to believe me too."

John squeezed trigger, but nothing happened.

"The fuck?...Oh, I'm sorry, silly me. Forgetting things left and right it would seem."

He flicked the safety off.

"Bang."

This time the gun did fire.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Recommended Listening: Metal Heart by Cat Power))

Pain was all Emma felt. She suddenly lurched backwards as she felt her own sword pierce her body. Still perfectly sharp from disuse, it easily pierced through her shirt, skin, muscle. A trickle of blood oozed from the corner of her mouth, no longer smiling. As she stared into John's eyes again, she realized the John that had given her his hand was long gone.

"Yeah, it will be all right...for me."

Emma tried to respond, tried to find words for just how crushed she was.

"J-John... you..." she coughed. The trickle suddenly became a stream. Blood poured down her chin and through the wound in her stomach, the pain seeming to double every second.

"Oh what? You really think I bought your bullshit?,"

No... no it couldn't end this way... it had been true... they were so close to escaping... she had to tell him, she had to speak but the only sound that came from her mouth was a wet gurgle as more blood escaped from it. Unable to find the energy to cry, she let out a low whimper as John continued to talk, his voice fading in and out as Emma continued to lose blood.

It was made clearer, however, when he pushed her over, forcibly pulling the sword from her stomach. She could feel the edges of the blade tear against her skin even further as it exited. Emma finally let out a scream.

"You were stupid enough to believe me. You were stupid enough to think that I actually cared about you."

She wanted to protest. She wanted to kick him again. She wanted to scream, to keep screaming and not stop until all the blood had left her body. The look in his eyes... it was genuine, it had to have been it...

She coughed again. Another burst of blood emerged from deep within her, splashing onto her face.

He's right, you know, Emma thought hazily, You really didn't pay attention during this game. You trusted people you had just met with your life. You kissed a guy that had already attacked you once before. You let him convince you to betray Maxie...

Emma gave another involuntary lurch of pain as she thought of Maxie. This must be karma. She never did find Maxie and apologize, did she. Was she still alive, even? Got to pay more attention to those announcements...

She was vaguely aware of John speaking over her, but his voice had become a series of indistinct noises. The flow of blood was slowing, and the corners of her vision were beginning to fade into white. She didn't even protest as John leaned down over her and pressed the barrel of the gun to her temple.

You knew this was coming, Emma. Take responsibility for your actions.

When the gun clicked, she didn't flinch, but she did let out a small whimper. It was out of ammo... she would have to wait to succumb to blood loss. She'd have to spend her last moments in agony.

John clicked back the safety. Perhaps she wouldn't have to wait quite that long.

BANG

---

The Babineaux household had stayed silent. Clarice Babineaux sat in her living room, alone on the couch, eyes fixed on the television screen. She had watched for days as her daughter struggled to preserve her life, not moving even during the few days when the live feed had gone down. She hadn’t answered the phone when Bridget’s family had called. She had barely slept, preferring to stay with the television at all times. She simply sat, staring and twirling the black and white striped beanie Emma had thrown at her in her hands. It was still unfinished, after all, and Emma would want to give it to her friend when she got back.

Alex, Clarice’s husband, on the other hand had chosen to ignore the problem entirely. At first, he kept teaching at Southridge University as if nothing had happened at all. When he was approached by Bridget asking about Emma and the rest of Southridge’s senior class, however, he decided to take a few days off. Spend some time with his wife. Go out. Have a nice dinner. But Clarice wouldn’t go out. She wouldn’t leave the living room. She would barely talk to him.

It wasn’t until eleven days after the broadcast had started that he heard her speak for what felt like the first time in ages.

“Emma… Alex! Emma!”

Alex rushed into the room. Silently, husband and wife watched as their daughter fought a tall blond boy called John, as the two of them embraced, as Emma suddenly collapsed and was shot in the head, and as bright red letters scrolled across the bottom of the screen.

G49. EMMA BABINEAUX – DECEASED

They continued to stare at the screen long after, Clarice continuing to absently twirl the beanie cap Emma had knitted for a friend on the field trip. She didn’t move. She didn’t speak. She showed no reaction at all until she looked down and realized the two letters her daughter had knitted into the stripe at the bottom of the cap.

J. R.

At long last, the tears came.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
The smile on Quincy's face quickly turned to a grimace when he saw John falter in his attack. "...what?" he choked, barely able to speak, seething with rage. This can't happen. John was a monster! Monsters weren't supposed to feel regret! Emma was a whore! Whores weren't supposed to go unpunished!

"You're disappointed?" the voice asked. Who was talking to him?

"Damn right I'm disappointed," Quincy replied, turning away from the window so he wouldn't have to hear another fucking friendship speech. He whipped his head right back when he heard the words "her collar's gone." He didn't know what to say. He thought he'd seen everything the program could throw at him, and now this?

"I... I can get out?" he asked, face glued to the glass. He started to feel tears slide down his face. Would he be able to escape this place and return to a semblance of normalcy at last?

"Interesting," the voice said. Quincy felt a hand fall gently on his shoulder. He looked up and saw a man in a tweed business suit, his head obscured by shadow. He gave off an air of class, confidence, and oddly, serenity, looking extremely out of place in the twisted nightmare surrounding them. "But where will you go, once you've been set free?"

Quincy thought, and realized that the first stop on his return might be his last. The nation saw him shoot Hannah without any regret, and the nation also saw him break down and scream to the heavens. His mother probably wouldn't watch the show, but word would get to her, yes it would. And in the end, he'd merely be trading one prison for another, a mental institution, where doctors would observe him around the clock, keeping him in stark white surroundings with the rest of society's shit. Not even death was an option; suicide watch would see to that.

And if they managed to cure him, what then? Where would he go after that? His mother might drag him back down to California, possibly to smother him with love, making up for years of treating him as an afterthought, but more likely volunteering to protect the rest of the world from her mad sun.

Quincy was sure that she'd bought herself some breast implants a month ago. It would go nice with her collagen injections.

If only the doctors could realize that trying to cure him was an exercise in futility, because the instant he was exposed to his mother or the syphilitic anus of America, the whole cycle would start over again. And it wasn't like there would be anywhere else in the country that would welcome the insane limey boy, was there?

In the country...

"Dad!" Quincy cried, jerking himself back into awareness, then turning away from the fucking fucking FUCKING things swapping spit on the ground. Yes, yes! The sooner he could get away from them and back into his father's care, the better. They would be able to make up, get away from it all, start over together. Didn't his dad used to say that nothing was impossible, so long as you work for it?

"I believe he said some other things, too," the man in the business suit replied in a sultry tone. "Do you remember the conversation you had when you last saw one another?"

Quincy could barely recall that his father was the person who told him about his mother's plans to take him to America. He winced, remembering how he'd bawled his eyes out at the news. His dad had done his best to comfort him, and eventually calmed him down long enough to tell him...

"...god damn it."

It was an insipid twist worthy of a second-rate Greek tragedy. Of course his father would be disgusted by the way he'd turned out, even before he was kidnapped.

"I don't care what my family thinks anymore," Quincy heard Riz say faintly. "They'll be happy that I'll be the one coming home. They'll be happy that J.R. is back. No one will second guess what I've done. They'll all chalk it up to the mental distress of the game."

Quincy shook his head. Poor bastard didn't know a thing. He thought he could do as he pleased here, as if this was his own personal violent urge fulfillment fantasy, and still walk it off and go back to playing Guitar Hero? People didn't forgive that easily. Riz's parents would see every second of torture he inflicted on that girl and burn it into their minds forever, and no matter how much recovery time they had, they would never fully trust their son again.

"I think you get the idea," the suited man said to him. "But there is one thing you haven't considered."

But he was beginning to. He forced himself off of the chair and control panel, looking around the room for the place where he dropped his sword. Finally, he found it, and as he reached down to pick it up, he heard a loud bang. The punishment he wished on the whore had come to pass, but somehow it didn't matter as much to him.

"I knew you had it in you, John!" Quincy shouted, loud enough for the behemoth outside to hear him. He set his sword down on the console and picked up the chair with both hands. Mustering all the strength he could managed, he hurled it at the center of the window, and witnessed an explosion of glass.

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was over. John had fulfilled his desire to eliminate Emma. It was almost as if everything made sense. This was the way it was supposed to be. She was punished for her lies, deceit and betrayal. Riz took a minute to catch his breath and reflect the situation. He knew he needed to be better than he was. He needed to be a better fighter. Twice now he'd been mere seconds away from death and twice now he got lucky. Two vital mistakes by his opponents had allowed him to keep his life. If he was to win especially against the people as well armed as him, he'd have to fight smarter and start playing to his own strengths. John made his way back over to the downed aircraft and retrieved his pack. It was then he heard someone shout his name, followed by the sound of breaking glass.

What the hell?

He recognized the voice, that much was for sure. As John looked up to the control tower, he could see the form of Quincy Archer. There was no point in shooting up at him or rushing up the tower, even if Quincy was unarmed there was no advantage to be had.

"So Quince, how'd you like the show?," John inquired as he grabbed his pack from the cockpit seat, "Personally I felt my performance a bit cheesy, but that is what Danya wants. Ratings rating and more ratings."
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
{{continued from The Hardest Button to Button}}

Laeil was in pain.

Some time after having escaped the showers, her stumbling attempts at running had turned into stumbling attempts at walking. Her head had stopped spinning for the most part, though keeping upright had become a concious effort. Her gun (which she hadn't reloaded yet) shoved back into it's usual place in the front of her jeans, her free hand pressed against the gash in her side, the bleeding having finally slowed, and in fact almost stopped entirely, as had the wounds opened and reopened on her face.

Laeil hadn't had the chance to see her reflection in a while, but if she had she would've been met with a horrific sight. All the way down to her knees, the front of her was splattered with blood. Some of it was her's, but most of it belonged to her latest kill. The bruises gained from the beating her victim had given her beforehand were beginning to show, and her face underneath the blood was a mess of black, blue and purple. As bad as she looked, though, Rick Holeman, the marine wannabe that had attacked her, certainly looked a lot worse.

"You chose to kill your classmates. I chose to kill people like you."

Was it really so horrible that she wanted to survive? Wanted to live badly enough that she would take other's lives away from them? Granted, she had done a few rather unsavory things, had some violent motivations. But there was no doubt in her mind that the ones who suffered the most of her wrath were the ones who really did deserve to die. And the rest? Well, they were all obstacles that she had to overcome in order to succeed. Kill or die. That was it. There was no third option, no matter how much some people wanted it.

Laeil winced as she did...well, SOMETHING her body didn't like, as it responded with a jolt of pain along her side. Her mind was in a haze, and with nothing to focus on, she wound up focusing on the pain, which just seemed to make it hurt even more. The earlier Lyn, the Lyn from the beginning of the game, probably would've broken down and cried from the beating she'd taken. She wouldn't be surprised if it had even given her a concussion. It sure as hell seemed that way. All she wanted to do was just lay down and rest. In fact, why the hell was she still going? She must've gotten away from Rick's would-be rescuer by now.

Just as she thought that, a tall tower came into view through the trees. The lookout tower? Wasn't it a dangerzone? Before she knew it, though, she had walked right out of the treeline. Not hearing any beeping, she continued on her way, making it to the tower. It seemed like as good a place as any to get some rest. As she walked over to the front door, however, her legs finally gave out from under her, the bruised and bloodied girl falling to her knees.

It was then that she started to notice other people around her. A boy and a girl in the distance, the girl saying something about someone running around with no collar. No collar...? Was it true? Had someone actually beaten the system? Could she do the same for the rest of them? That train of thought, however, was derailed when the boy suddenly shot and stabbed the girl, followed by a chair crashing through a window at the top of the control tower. As the boy turned to see what had happened, Laeil finally realized who he was.

"Shit..." She'd just gotten into a fight with him yesterday, and already, less then a day later, here they were again, only this time she was far less capable of putting up a fight.

"Gotta...shoot him before he...gotta...shoot him first..." Dropping the sword to the ground with a loud clatter, she fumbled around in her pocket for the speedloader once again. It took a few moments for her to pop open the chamber to the revolver and load the ammunition.

"Gotta...shoot first..." She was clearly out of it. Along with the injuries and the possible concussion, she was utterly exhausted. The simplest tasks became such a great chore to accomplish. She held up the gun in Riz's direction, her aim wavering greatly as she struggled to point the gun right at him before firing. Unfortunately, she had made so much noise already that it was hard not to notice her.

"Gotta...shoot first..."
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There was the faintest click from somewhere to his left. John turned to once again see Laeil Burbank stumbling towards him with her gun waving wildly. It was almost shocking how much worse for wear she looked. It was like a zombie was walking towards him. The limping, the expression of pain, the blood covered clothes. He didn't even have time to think. Completely abandoning all thoughts of Quincy Archer, John grabbed the pack, slung it over his shoulder and jumped off the wing of the plane. He landed next to where his tire iron and the now bloody sword lay. Quickly scooping them up, he ran behind the plane out of Laeil's firing sight.

Fuck. Now what?

John thought as he looked around frantically. Laeil's voice was growing slowly louder in an almost trance like chant. The answer came in the open door of the hanger he had swapped his pants out in. It was a risk to bolt for it, but it was his only option. The jungle was too far away to not get hit. This was his only chance. Quickly he pocketed the tire iron, and gripped the sword tightly. He took one last deep breath and took off.

He didn't even bother to look or fire in her direction, all he was concerned about was getting to that door. The hangers had enough cover and hiding places to ambush her, but he needed to get there first. The door was close now, and he knew there would be bullets chasing him. Going for absolute broke, John left his feet and dove for the open door, and slid into the hanger.

He crashed into a box or two, but at least he hadn't been shot. John looked around in the hanger for a place to hide and wait to see if she followed him. He saw another pile of crates a couple feet away, and ducked behind them. There was a small enough hole between them to watch the entrance. Keeping his hand on his pocket with the tire iron, John readied himself. This bitch had got the better of him their first meeting, but not this time...not this time.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laeil watched as Riz jumped off the plane he was on, going to hide behind it. Her chance for a shot lost, she, after some effort, got to her feet, grabbing the sword with her off-hand before stumbling towards him.

"Gotta shoot first..." That one thought was the only thing running through her mind at the moment. Just a bit closer and she'd have her shot.

Suddenly, Riz bolted from the plane to a nearby hanger. Laeil squeezed the trigger, but the shot came a half-second too late and hit nothing but air. Looking towards the hanger, she mentally cursed herself, following after him. Failing to suspect a trap, she walked past the stack of crates Riz was hiding behind, eyes scanning the room in search of him.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There it was. His perfect opening. Her back was turned, she didn't see him. The question became how bad did John want to make this on her. This was the bitch who'd burned his leg and tried to fuck his shit up in the jungle. He looked at his pistol then back to Laeil. Even the sword seemed to screaming for him to use it.

In time...

It was back to the tire iron. He quietly slipped it out of his pocket. Gently placing his pack, gun and sword down, John crept out from behind the crates. This was beyond easy. He reared his hand back and brought the iron forward aiming for the back of the girl's head.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
*whack!*

Laeil felt something collide with the back of her head. Next thing she knew, the ground was getting closer and closer...

She didn't stay conscious long enough feel herself hitting the ground, though. As she collapsed, the gun fell out of her hand, sliding across the hanger floor, and her sword landed on the tip of it's blade, standing upright for a brief moment before falling to the ground as well.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: From this point on, any god modding by myself to Laeil or Llama to Riz has been approved))

It had worked. The blow connected and knocked the girl out. It was a strange relief for John that he hadn't had to fight with her. He was actually sick of the fights with everyone. It was physically exhausting and was starting to take a toll. His knee despite being able to run, was still throbbing. His jaw and nose were still stinging. It just was not a feeling he enjoyed.

"I'll be right back."

John walked back to the crates and gathered his gun, sword and pack. The temptation to blow Laeil's brains all over the floor was tempting, but this was a girl who'd damaged him. She had tried to light him on fire. Big fucking mistake.

Scooping up the falchion John made his way back over to the girl. So many things he could so, and he had all the time he wanted. That Archer prick wouldn't dare come down here, or he'd get a bullet in the teeth. It was just John, Laeil and nice little supply of tools.

John kicked the girl in the ribs and turned her on to her back. He placed the tire iron and falchion on the ground next to the girl, and quickly removed her gladius and gun from the area. He then got into the mount position that was becoming oh so familiar to him, pinning her legs together.

"You and I are going to have some fun. Just a barrel of fucking fun." He snarled at her as he slapped her face.

"A ton..of..fucking..fun."
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
At first, there was nothing. Blackness. A sort of sleep without dreams.

And then she felt a sharp pain. She couldn't tell where it was coming from, though. Soon, though, she began to get her bearings, just in time to feel a slap across the face.

"Fuck...Anthony what are you..."

Wait a minute.

Laeil's eyes opened, spotting Riz standing right over her, malicious intent in his eyes.

Fuck.

The first thing she did was try to get up, as quickly as she could, only to find that Riz had already taken care of that, pinning her legs to the ground. As she realized that it was pointless, she tried the next idea that came to mind: throwing a punch as hard as she could at Riz's face.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quincy just smiled as John finally noticed him, but then he caught the glance of a familiar figure lurking on the edge of the jungle. A beaten and bloody Lyn Burbank crept up on Riz shakily, her chanting adding to the image that Quincy was witnessing a zombie attack.

Riz heard Lyn just as well as Quincy did, and beat a hasty retreat towards one of the hangars. Quincy peered out the window, careful enough not to cut himself on the jagged class, and watched Lyn follow him. Everything after that was left to his imagination, but from the sound of things, Riz had the clear advantage, and he would exploit it mercilessly. "I don't know how your family will accept you if you act like a torturer, John," he said, knowing Riz couldn't hear him.

As gratuitous as Riz's torture was, though, Quincy found no evidence that anything could stop him. The man had a gun, and rarely has a sword ever beaten a gun in SOTF history. At this stage in the game, everyone had guns but him, and he'd be a fool to challenge the other players in combat. Add to it the subpar reward offered for surviving the whole ordeal, and Quincy came up with no motivation to win the fight.

This left him only one other option.

Quincy picked up his sword and examined the edge. It was sharp enough, he concluded, especially given that it was Nate's sword originally. He held it up to his head and breathed deep, then sliced a horizontal line on his forehead skin. He winced in pain and felt a trickle of blood running down his face. He dabbed his finger in the cut and smiled, then began to apply it to a nearby wall.

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laeil had regained consciousness and began struggling, but John knew better since his fight with Emma. The punch came straight up at his head and nearly made contact, but instead he was able to dodge it.

"There will be none of that." He said flatly as grabbed her arm and pinned it under his knee.

I need to restrain her. I want her awake for this.

John frantically looked around for something to use to keep her hands bound. He thought to his belt, but realized he'd tossed it with his pants when he grabbed these new ones.

"Ow."

Something sharp had poked him in the leg while the girl was struggling. His eyes shot down to her pockets where he saw a length of garroting wire sticking out of the pocket.

"That'll do." He said smiling at the girl.

Slowly he ran his hand down Laeil's leg until he reached the pocket. Being careful despite her struggling John was able to get the wire out without slicing himself open.

"I'd hold still if I were you. Wouldn't want to cut your wrists now."

He slipped her hands from out under his knees and turned the girl over on to her stomach. He then grabbed each of her wrists, bringing them to her back and quickly wrapped the wire around them. He twisted the wire like it was a shoelace and pulled the ends to tighten it around Laeil's wrists, cutting his own hands in the process.

"Worth it." He said calmly when he saw the blood.

He rolled the girl back over after looping the wire a couple more times to ensure it was tight.

"So now what do we do with you? I missed a chance with Emma, but you, maybe you'll do. Or wait, you're a dyke aren't you? Never felt the pleasures of a man?" As he said pleasures John grinded himself on her a little bit.

"What do you think? Do you want to know what its like?" He whispered to the girl.

Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Her attempt to deck Riz one failed, the boy grabbing hold of her arm. She wasn't ready to give up, though, struggling with all her might, until he pulled the piece of wire she had picked up from the storehouse and rolled her over. Suddenly, a sharp, burning pain was felt on her wrists as Riz bound her hands, the razor-thin wire digging into her skin.

"I'd hold still if I were you. Wouldn't want to cut your wrists now."

She stopped struggling. He was right. As tight as the wire was, she could easily slice her wrists open and bleed out if she moved too much.

"So now what do we do with you? I missed a chance with Emma, but you, maybe you'll do. Or wait, you're a dyke aren't you? Never felt the pleasures of a man?"

"Wait, what?" What did that have to do with anyth-

"W-what the fuck?" She felt something rubbing against her at that moment, and when she looked down she found it was Riz himself, grinding against her. It was utterly disgusting, and filled Laeil with a mixed sense of anger and revulsion.

"What do you think? Do you want to know what its like?"

"You sick fuck. I swear to God, first chance I get I'm gonna cut it right the fuck off." She spat at Riz, her voice bitter and venomous.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh ho, violent little cunt aren't you." John said smirking at her.

It was true that he could have her in any way he wanted right now, but there was so much time at hand. So much they could do to lead up to it.

"You know though. I'm sitting here thinking to myself that I forgot my manners," He said as he ran his hands up the side of Laeil's torso, "We've got to pre-heat the oven don't we? I mean really, its just never good unless you're REALLY ready to go and wanting it more then anything."

John looked at the tire iron and picked it up.

"This good enough for you," John whispered, "Will this get you going? It's probably as cold as you are after all."

John ran the tire iron, still wet from the fresh blood from hitting Laeil moments earlier, down her cheek and then down the center of her chest stopping before the top line of her jeans. This was fun, this was fucking fun.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Of course. It's only expected when I have to put up with an insufferable dick like you." Laeil retorted.

She gritted her teeth as Riz's hands slid along her sides, lifting up her bloodstained shirt to show the malnourished body underneath. Oh, this fucker was gonna pay. He was gonna pay HARD. He had made the mistake of not simply killing her, like Rick had tried to do. Sooner or later, he was gonna slip up, and she'd be right there to pay him back tenfold.

"I killed a marine, you know? That Rick Holeman, guy? I cut him up into little pieces. It was the kind of thing you'd usually see in slasher movies." She continued. "But that's gonna look tame compared to what I'll do to you."

She shivered as she felt the cold steel against her face and down her chest and stomach, leaving a bloody streak across. She tried her best to keep the same bitter, hate-filled glare she had kept up so far. It wasn't wise to show any weakness at this point.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh you killed Holeman? Well done," John said sarcastically, "Well here's the thing. I've killed 7 people and all of them were better than you will ever be."

John looked her over again as she threatened him.

"You're going to cut me up? Chop me into little Riz bits? I don't think you know what the hell I'm capable of." John growled at her, the grin wiped off his face.

He tucked the tire iron into Laeil's waist band before picking up the falchion. He ran the blade along the ground all the way up until it was next to her head.

"You want to fuck with me? Threaten me? Big fucking mistake. You're nothing but a little dyke, bound up like the dog you are. I could do whatever I want to you..."

John faded his voice as he looked into her eyes. Her big, hatred filled eyes. Now it was clear what he'd do. He knew how to teach this bitch a lesson.

"You know something," He said as he leaned his head forward, grabbing Laeil's chin with his free hand and turning her face towards his own, "You have really pretty eyes."
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
7 people? Bullshit, the announcements said he had only killed two people, and she was there to see one of them. Then there was that other girl just now. As if he could've killed 4 other people between then and-

Her expression changed.

Fuck. She'd forgotten about the announcements where Danya didn't list the killers. He could've killed a HUNDRED people and, except for any witnesses left alive, no one would ever know.

"You want to fuck with me? Threaten me? Big fucking mistake. You're nothing but a little dyke, bound up like the dog you are. I could do whatever I want to you..."

Reality began to sink in as she felt the falchion's blade pressed against her skin. This wasn't just some rookie. She had stumbled onto one of the bigger killers on the island, a big fish, with an (alleged) kill count to rival even Bobby Jacks himself. Those mistakes she was hoping for, he'd probably already made them in the past, and wasn't very likely to make them now.

"You know something, you have really pretty eyes."

It was odd hearing someone complementing her eyes, even a complement holding such sinister intentions as his likely did. They were definitely among the least good-looking parts of her. As she looked into Riz's eyes, her tough front began to falter, and fear began to take hold.

"S-so what?" She said, fearing what might happen next.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Really...pretty...fucking...eyes." John hissed.

He would go through with everything he threatened, he'd show her what she'd been missing, but first there was business to attend to. This girl had such a bloodlust, and it would be satisfied.

"So what you ask? So I think that such pretty eyes shouldn't have to bear witness to what I'm going to do with you."

John brought the tip of the sword of the sword up to Laeil's face.

"You brought this on yourself."

He slowly traced a circle around Laeil's left eye with the tip of the sword, the smile he'd had moments before returning to his face.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
"So what you ask? So I think that such pretty eyes shouldn't have to bear witness to what I'm going to do with you."

No. He really WAS going to...

Oh, God no, oh, God no, oh, God no, oh God no oh God no oh God no ohGodnoohGodnoohGodnoohGodnoohGodnoohGodnononononononononono-nononononononononoNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

This wasn't like with Rick.

This wasn't like with Rick at all.

This was much

MUCH worse.

Laeil felt a sting as the tip of Riz's blade traced around her eye, leaving a small cut as it went. The front was gone, the expression of hatred changed to one of fear and desperation.

"No..."
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"No..."

John smiled like a maniac at this expression of fear. He'd broken her. Just like Emma, just like Cara, he'd broken this girl. There wasn't a tough feisty Laeil anymore. This was the raw scared Laeil. A Laeil that feared every move he made. This is what he wanted.

John paused the cut and moved his head down to her ear so that his mouth was nearly in it.

"Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes." He hissed.

He placed the blade of the falchion on the top eyelid of Laeil's already bloodstained left eye and began cutting into the skin, blood flowing onto the blade and on to his left hand which was holding her head still.

"Yesss..."
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
OhGodnonottheeyenottheeye

Laeil's vision on her left side began to turn red from the blood pooling around it, making it harder and harder to see.

nottheeyenottheeyenottheeyenottheeye

She felt like she was going to throw up. The pain wasn't nearly as bad as the fact that he was cutting into her FUCKING EYE. Her breathing was ragged as her body tensed, and she let out a tiny, pained whimper.

NOTTHEFUCKINGEYE
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John heard the sickening slice noise die as jammed the blade behind Laeils eyeball and continued to hack away, bringing the blade beneath the eyeball, finally seeing the steel emerge once again from the pool of warm blood now flowing down onto his hands, her face and the floor of the hangar.

John used the blade in a scooping method, and even though it was the blade's doing, he could still feel the pop as Laeil's eye came out of the socket. He quickly placed the eye into his free hand and dropped the falchion to the floor to admire what he'd just done. Taking the eye between his thumb and pointer he waved it in front of Laeil, taunting her.

"Look at yourself...seriously, I wish you could see this. Oh wait, you can! Ahahahaha!" He roared with laughter at the girl.

"Isn't it just as beautiful as I said it was?" John asked the girl.

No response.

"Well, no point in keeping it around if you don't like it Laeil."

John's smile and laughter turned into a stone cold expression as he let the eye roll into the palm of his hand. He place the eye in front of Laeil's face and with one swift motion, crushed it in his hand.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laeil could feel the blade slipping under her eye, the feeling of nausea getting worse. She couldn't help but struggle now, her body squirming as she tried to get away from Riz's blade, the wire cutting into her wrists, though Riz's grip was too great to do anything.

Suddenly, her sight on her left side began to move forward independently of her right side. No, he's... Her vision moved enough so that she could see the side of her face, and her own pained expression.

"Look at yourself...seriously, I wish you could see this. Oh wait, you can! Ahahahaha!"

Oh my God put it backputitbackputitback

"Well, no point in keeping it around if you don't like it Laeil."

No...

She could start to feel pressure on her eye...

NO!

And then she saw nothing.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was a strange feeling when he crushed the eye. A lot squishier then he'd ever imagined it would be. The blood and puss gushed between his fingers mixed with the "meaty" part of eye.

"There, now its gone." John said as he wiped his hand on Laeil's shirt.

"What still no reaction from you? Good lord, either you're the toughest little dyke this world has ever seen, or you're just that fucking stupid," John took a breath before continuing, "How about we loosen your lips?"

John brought the falchion back up and ran the tip across Laeil's lips.

"Or maybe we'll give you that wonderful nose job everyone seems to want to get nowadays. I heard it is all the rage!"

After running the side of the sword down the bridge of her nose, John saw the opening he needed.

"Or I know...how about I go for some symmetry. You'll have to remind though, symmetry is making both sides look like the other isn't it?...Ah hell if it is, that is how I remember it, and I really could care less about your answer. Yeah, I think we'll go for some symmetry."

John took the tip of the blade of cut into the skin beneath Laeil's other eye.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's gone. It's really gone. She'll never see anything out of that side again.

This was worst than pain. Her mind was reeling in a panic.

OhGodhedidithereallydidohGodwhy

But then Riz started looking for his next target.

"How about we loosen your lips?"

Nojuststopitpleasejuststopit

"Or maybe we'll give you that wonderful nose job everyone seems to want to get nowadays. I heard it is all the rage!"

PleasefortheloveofGodjuststopit

"Or I know...how about I go for some symmetry?"

She couldn't take it anymore. As the blade cut into the flesh just below her eye, the tears began to roll down her face, the saltiness stinging the empty socket on her left side. Was this how Anthony felt? That look of pained terror on his face as she unleashed all those years of pent-up anger on him came to mind as she looked up at Riz's sadistic expression.

"No more..." She said, her voice weak. "Please, for the love of God, no more..."
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He was just about to apply full on pressure to the blade to full on begin the removal process on the other eye when Laeil's voice finally came.

"Please, for the love of God, no more..."

"No more? Well okay since you asked so nicely. Plus I've actually got a better idea you know, that I'd like you to see." John whispered into the girl's ear.

John once again put down the falchion and began looking around.

"Where are you, where are you...Aha." John reached down Laeil's body and retrieved the tire iron.

He twirled it around it front of her face, smiling as he did so. He once again got nose to nose with the girl brandishing the tire iron.

"I told you I'd use this, and I'm a man of my word. I'll make this quick for you."

John rose to his feet and looked down at the girl. It was the first time he got a full circle look at the carnage he'd inflicted here. The vision was disturbing on many levels. John's arm fell to his side. He was done here and he knew it. She'd die here anyways, bleeding and bound. No one would save her.

"Forget what I said, you aren't even worth finishing. You can stay here and rot." John snarled at the girl as he packed up his weaponry.

As he walked for the exit, a small gleam on sunlight reflected off something in Laeil's fallen pack. It was a bottle, but there was something in the bottle that stood out. A rag.

A molotov...

John turned back to the girl laying on the ground remembering the burn on his leg. Why shouldn't she be burnt too? Quickly he strode over to her pack and picked out the molotov, before walking back over to Laeil herself. He quickly found the lighter she'd been using.

John paused before lighting it as he surveyed his surroundings. It was just now that he realized the hanger was absolutely filled with wooden crates and boxed. This must have been the supply hangar. A sick grin formed on his face. He pulled the rag from out of the bottle and walked over a bunch of crates and boxes and began to spread the gasoline in the bottle over as many as he could. He then took the lighter and lit the fuel, watching in awe the flames quickly spread across the wood and cardboard.

He walked back to Laeil as the flames began to rage behind him.

"Well, like they say my dear. Revenge is a bitch."

He spat on the girl before quickly escaping through the door.

Once he was outside he turned back and looked at the fire raging and the girl on the floor. It was then that he realized he should have grabbed her weapons.

"Oh well." He shrugged.

John then jogged over to the control tower.

"Hey Archer, I'm taking off. I'd run if I were you though my friend. I may or may not have just set this place on fire. See you soon buddy!" John called out in a mocking sing-song fashion.

He would have waited for Quincy Archer to show his face and blast it to hell, but he was tired and exhausted from the events so far, and it wasn't even noon yet. He needed a place to rest and maybe catch some sleep.

((John Rizzolo continued in Kotov Syndrome))

((OOC: Burning down the hangar was approved by Dodd))
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Laeil laid on the ground, defeated, as Riz withdrew the sword from her other eye, sparing it. The blood from the ruined eye pooled in the eye socket before finally running down her face, mixing with the tears, and almost making it look like she was crying blood on her left side.

Why won't it stop? Please, make the bleeding stop...

As Riz pulled the tire iron back out, mocking her with it, a multitude of possibilities ran through Laeil's head of what he'd do with it; none of them good.

"I told you I'd use this, and I'm a man of my word. I'll make this quick for you."

"No...please, just stop it! I'm begging you, no more!" She said urgently. Only a few minutes ago had she been struggling and hurling insults, and now she was cowering and sobbing, begging for her life in a panic. "I don't want to die..."

Riz deciding that he was finally done with her was like a godsend. As he made his way out of the hangar, she rolled over onto her side. She had already been utterly exhausted when she had come here, and this did absolutely nothing to help that. Her hands being bound behind her back made it a lot harder to get up, but it didn't stop her from trying, though her efforts didn't amount to much except flailing helplessly. She had to get her hands free somehow, then she had to stop the bleeding...somehow, and then-

Wait, why did she smell smoke?

Laeil looked back towards the hangar entrance to find the crates in the front burning, the crates and boxes being shielded by the rain and covered in decades worth of dust causing the fire to spread quickly. And in the midst of it all, Riz walked back up to taunt her one last time.

"Well, like they say my dear. Revenge is a bitch."

A wad of spit struck her on the side of her face, mixing in with the blood, as Riz ran outside, leaving Laeil to deal with the flames as panic took hold. She began to struggle once again against her bonds, the wire digging further into her wrists, drawing blood. She rolled onto her stomach, trying her hardest to pull herself up onto her knees, muscles protesting as she strained as hard as she could before collapsing back to the ground.

"It's getting pretty hot in here, isn't it?

"It's too hot..." The fire had spread, getting closer and closer as it raged out of control, the building starting to fill with smoke.

"What did I say, huh? Looks like karma came back and hit you pretty hard, huh?

Is this what it was? Karma? She had done horrible things to a lot of people on the island. Was this her payment for it all? Getting beaten to a bloody pulp, losing an eye, and now burning alive?

"Somebody help..."

"Who? By now, all the nice guys are either dead, or you managed to fuck them over so that there'd be no chance of them helping. Though seeing you desperately calling for help even though it won't do any good is amusing, too.

"Oh God, somebody help..."

"I'll see you in hell, Lyn." The voice gave one last taunt of it's own before falling silent, leaving Laeil all alone, with nothing but the raging fire for company.

No. It can't end like this.

I don't want to die.

I don't want to die, especially not like this.

Please...

somebody...

anybody...

please...

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!!"
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There's no home for you here boy, go away
There's no home for you here

Robert Green sat in the waiting room of the Highland Psychiatric Hospital. The atmosphere in the place was oppressive, though not everyone around him seemed to feel the same way. There were a significant number of drained and concerned people there, to be sure, but here and there he caught a trace of boredom, the look of apathy that indicated someone who would rather be elsewhere. They didn't care about the people they came to see, not anymore.

But Rob still cared. Izzy was only a recent arrival; fatigue had not yet set in for him. There was still hope in his heart that she'd snap out of her depression and come back to him.

I'd like to think that all of this constant interaction
Is just the kind of make you drive yourself away
Each simple gesture done by me is counteracted
And leaves me standing here with nothing else to say

It began ten days ago, when Rob noticed that she hadn't shown up for work. It was quite a serious time for her to disappear, too; an important presentation was just around the corner, and the responsibility of handling it fell squarely upon the two of them. But he wasn't concerned just yet. She had a tendency to take things into her own hands when she felt it necessary, and besides, their work was nearly finished. He could handle his own material himself.

The next day, Izzy still hadn't shown up, and Rob was beginning to worry. She'd almost never taken two consecutive days off from work, so intense was her dedication to the job. He finished his preparations, and sent her an email reminding her about the presentation. Normally she wouldn't need it, but Rob felt that it was necessary for him to take the precaution.

Completely baffled by a backward indication
That an inspired word will come across your tongue
Hands moving upward to propel the situation
Have simply halted
And now the conversation's done

The third day she missed work was the day of the presentation. Her absence caught Rob off guard, but he managed to cover things up, and though his audience seemed somewhat confused, they seemed receptive enough. His boss congratulated him and expressed his concerns about Izzy, asking Rob to check up on her after work. He agreed and walked over to her house.

"Hello, Izzy? It's Rob! What's going on? You haven't been going to work! Hello?" He called her when he reached her door, but there was no response. Then he remembered that she'd given him a copy of their apartment key. He peered in, seeing her lavishly furnished living room as it usually was, only with no lights on. He flicked the switch beside the door, but nothing happened. Weird.

"Izzy?" he called, still getting nothing in the way of an answer. He began searching the place, finding nothing in the way of human presence until he came to her bedroom. "Izzy!" He found her wrapped in her comforter, eyes closed and shivering, her skin pale and haggard. She didn't notice him come in. "Izzy, come on! You missed the presentation! Wake up!" He shook her shoulders, but aside from her eyes snapping open, nothing happened.

He waved his hand in front of her eyes. Nothing happened.

He pinched her on the cheek. Nothing happened.

After a moment's hesitation, he reached under the covers and groped her breast. Nothing happened.

"Oh God," he gasped, realizing that something was very wrong. Then he noticed that the television was still on. It showed a static camera angle, displaying grainy footage of an abandoned building. Rob saw someone lying on the floor, unmoving. At the same time, he realized why that person wasn't moving, and that Izzy was the only person he found in the apartment.

That's right. He'd forgotten about the latest round of abductions. Her son Quincy must have been a victim. Rob and Quincy had never gotten along; the boy had flat out rejected any sort of kindness from him. Unlike Izzy, he spoke in a distinct accent and used British slang, usually 'twat' or 'bollocks', and spent most of his time sequestered in his room or jogging. Izzy still liked him, but he very blatantly did not return the compliment, ignoring or snapping at her like he did to Rob. But Izzy still defended him whenever Rob complained too hard. And now he was gone. No wonder Izzy broke down.

I'm only waiting for the proper time to tell you
That it's impossible to get along with you
It's hard to look you in the face when we are talking
So it helps to have a mirror in the room

He took her to the hospital shortly afterwards. Everyone at the firm was very sad to hear the news, but their language rubbed him the wrong way. Most of what they said was about Izzy's productivity and how they were deeply sorry to lose it. But that was understandable. They'd never know Izzy for anything else, not the way she laughs when she hears a joke, not her playful barbs, not the way she moves in bed, nothing.

Every day from then on, he visited her in the hospital. The doctors said that she had been severely unresponsive, to the point that they had to feed her intravenously. The last time he visited, the doctors said that she'd begun to notice her surroundings, looking at her room, though she still couldn't take care of herself or speak.

I've not been really looking forward to the performance
But there's my cue and there's a question on your face
Fortunately I have come across an answer
Which is go away
And do not leave a trace

"Mr. Green?"

Rob looked up at the receptionist. "Yes?"

"The doctor will see you now."

-----

Quincy heard Riz call back to him. He also heard Lyn's screams of agony. He turned to Riz's retreating figure and hollered. "They'll never take you back, John! You've done unforgivable things! What parents would want you now?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He staggered, feeling blood drip from his chin, and turned back to his message, painting one last character with his thumb. After taking a few steps back, he admired his message with increasingly blurry eyes.

SO LONG, SUCKERS
TRY AND CATCH ME NOW!

Yes, that'd do nicely. Though it was unclear if anyone would actually read it or if it would just burn with the hangar, Quincy needed to write this for his own sake, not any of theirs. As he inscribed it, he came to the conclusion that he'd lived his life pretty poorly. Yes, he should have given his mother and what's-his-name a chance. Yes, he should have moved on after Warren betrayed him. Yes, he shouldn't have treated everyone else like shite. But it was too little, too late. Now all he could think of was escape.

Waking up for breakfast
Burning matches
Talking quickly
Breaking baubles
Throwing garbage
Drinking soda
Looking happy
Taking pictures
So completely stupid
Just go away

As he admitted this truth, he noticed that the room around him shifted. The rust covering the doors shrunk and faded, the fog outside the window dissipated, and he could no longer sense the presence of the suited man. He stood at the top of a normal, dusty control tower, with only a shattered window indicating anything unusual. Yes, this was as it should be.

He hobbled over to his sword, gingerly gripping it in weakened fingers. Yes, soon he'd have the opportunity to start over. He didn't know where, but neither did anyone else. He'd prefer just about anything else to staying here.

One quick motion and it was all over. Quincy collapsed to the floor, bleeding profusely from his throat. He could feel an icy numbness invading his body, hear a soft gurgling from his involuntary attempts to breathe. In his last moments, he still found the strength to smile.

-----

By now, most of the throng that I enjoyed having on Sound and Fury have quit reading in disgust. Those that remain are either trolls or those concerned about my well-being. Mostly the former. I'd like to thank the latter for caring, but they can stop now. It won't work on me.

Had a discussion with the people of the SOTF chat. I told them what I'd been working on, in the vain hope that they'd be able to provide some instinct. Sadly, all but one of them are retards who can't be bothered to spell correctly and only talk about their favorite slash pairings. If there was a machine that let me rape people over the internet, I would drain the batteries with that chat room alone.

Only one person actually bothered with manners, and while he couldn't supply me with any more facts, we had a nice conversation. It's nice to have someone to talk to, for once. When confronted with my findings, he seemed indifferent, unconcerned that the entire contest doesn't make sense. Stop worrying and enjoy life, he told me, and maybe he's right. Maybe I have been taking this too seriously, but it still irritates me, and human beings don't let go of their pet issues so easily.

Everything about SOTF irritates me. Not just the physics and 'storylines', but the fandom itself: their character worship, their misspelled gossip, their abominable fan fiction, but most of all, I hate the roleplayers, people who replicate the game on forums for their own sick amusement.

Yeah, I'm talking about you cunts, especially you, Aaron! What's next, a reenactment of the Rwanda genocide? An Auschwitz RP, perhaps? Fuck all of you. You make me sick and I want you to die.

I've had enough. I'll post again whenever I feel like it.

-----

QUINCY ARCHER - DECEASED

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
((Continued from Cause and Effect))

The sun was already beginning to make its slow descent, dipping low and threatening to sink below the horizon. The shadows grew long, stretching their grasping hands across the ground. Eddie began to quicken his pace. He didn't want to be walking around the jungle by the time it got dark. Night had always made the boy uncomfortable. That time when men couldn’t sleep for thoughts of their mortality. Those were hours that weighed a person’s soul and always found them wanting. He shivered to his bones as he made his way through the low hanging foliage. Best to hurry.

Neither he nor Nicole had said anything since back at the mess hall and it was starting to make him worry. He cleared his throat, attempting to break unsettling quiet. “Uhm…a-about…about back, you know, b-back there,” he didn’t look at her as the worlds haltingly tumbled from his lips. “I, uh…I don’t kn-know if it m-matters, b-but…it wasn’t…. It wasn’t what I thought it’d be.” He wasn’t quite sure what he’d expected, but what had happened wasn’t it. “And…it might r-really matter, but…I’m sorry.” The rifle and daypack slung over his shoulder, Eddie stuffed his hands into his pockets, not sure what else to say. “I’m so sorry.”

Eddie frowned at the distance. For some reason, it looked like the forest was warping. “D-do you see that, t-too?” Moving towards the direction of the disturbance, the dark haired boy wrinkled his nose. “Does it smell like something’s burning to you?” He quickened his pace to a slow jog, his curiosity piqued. The shadows danced and whirled, flickering through the trees as the eavesdropper rushed closer to the source of the anomaly . Moving through the brush, the dark haired boy slammed to a halt, as he stepped foot onto the airfield.

One of the hangars was ablaze, smoke pouring into the bright orange sky. Wide eyed at the destruction, Eddie could only utter a quiet “holy shit,” as he stared in slack jawed fascination. “D-do you s-s-see this?!” Not bothering to think about how stupid the question was, he took a few steps, edging closer to the fire. Even at his respectful distance, the heat from the flames was still enough to make the skin on his face and arms smart. “I wonder why anyone would bother to set that place on-” his question was simultaneously cut short and answered as a scream for help emanated from the burning hangar.

“Oh my God! There’s someone in there!”
Maybe the night seems so dark because the day is much too bright.

v3 Characters-
Petra Elizabeth Andrews, Morgan Green, Edward Sullivan

v4 Characters-
Ilario Fiametta III, Roy Archer, Riley Flynn, Olexia Kovacs
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OOC: Continued from Cause and Effect. GMing approved by Arch, and is kept minor, only employed to help the flow of the RP.
IC:

Nicole and Ed had walked in silence ever since they left the mess hall, despite any attempts she made at conversation. Any words she formed froze in her throat as she looked at him, and remembered the blood spatter, the noise, the smell. It still made her shudder even thinking about it, but it wasn't a mental image she could forget. It seemed like Ed couldn't forget either, as he was likewise unable to say anything, and the few times they made eye contact they quickly looked away from each other. Was she afraid of him? Well, maybe a little, but she tried to convince herself that she wasn't.

Does he think I hate him or something? Does he hate me? Why would he?

The day crawled on as they walked, each apparently starting to lose track of time as morning turned into afternoon, and afternoon slowly beginning to become evening. They occasionally stopped to eat and drink, only for more failed attempts at conversation to be made. That oppressive air of awkwardness just refused to leave, as omnipresent as the sounds of wildlife, or gunshots, or screams, and as stifling as the collar each bore around their neck. There was something odd about Ed that made her want to get to know him, find out why he was the way he was, but just like in school she felt herself being rebuffed whenever she thought of the possibility. What was going on in his mind now that he'd killed Wade? What was going on in hers, now that she'd seen it happen?

No real point mulling over it, is there? It happened, there's nothing you can do about it.

Slowly, but steadily, the sun was beginning to set when Ed finally snapped her out of her own thoughts with his words. Slowing down, she cast a slightly weary glance to him, listening as he tried to speak. It took him a little while, but he finally stammered out an apology to her for killing Wade. Not sure what to make of it, she raised an eyebrow at him for a second, but not so much out of flippance as just due to not knowing why he was saying such things to her.

Why is he apologising to me, of all people? I didn't ask for any apology, and it's not like I'm the one he shot.

"Eddie..." she started, her British accent sounding out for the first time in hours, before stopping for a second out of sheer lack of anything to say. After a few seconds, though, she continued. "Eddie, you really...really don't have to, y'know, apologise to me. I mean, yeah, it was h-horrible to see, but I can take it. Wade was p-p-playing the game, Eddie, it's not like he would've left you a choice. In the end, he didn't, far as I could see." she stopped for a second, trying to catch her breath, the memory making her hand and the gun she held shake for an instant. "I know you're sorry, Eddie. I'm sorry it had to happen. Just...just have to remember it's Danya's-"

Nicole was cut off by Eddie asking if she'd seen the jungle appearing to warp as he had. Figuring it a trick of the heat, she had just passed it off until he brought it up. It did seem odd, now that she thought about it, but then he asked if she picked up a burning smell and started to jog slowly. "Yeah, I smell it too. Wait, you don't know what's happening over there!" she said, quickening her own pace to catch up with him.

Just what the hell is going on? Is somebody hurt? Why would there be...

Nicole broke through the treeline a matter of miliseconds after Eddie did, gasping as she beheld the burning hangar. She could feel the heat of the flames even from this distance, almost entranced by the sight of fire and smoke, the smell and feeling of sheer heat. She barely heard Eddie as he started to ask her his question, only to be equally alarmed when a female voice screamed for help.

"Oh my God, someone's in there!" he shouted, causing Nicole to fight down a snarky comment about his gift for stating the obvious, her heart nearly jumping into her throat and racing at a breakneck pace.

"We can't just stand here," she said. "Whoever it is, we have to help them!"

"Right!" Ed turned towards the burning hangar and started to run, but the gears were already moving in Nicole's mind. There was a lot of smoke coming from that hangar, it'd be suicide to just rush in.

"Ed, wait!" she cried out, setting down her pack and opening it. This seemed to get his attention, as he stopped and looked to her.

"What?"

"Take off your shirt, Ed." she told him, taking out two water bottles and setting them to the ground before taking off her own and putting it on the ground as well. She didn't care who got their rocks off to the sight of her bra-enclosed breasts right now, things were too important.

"What?!"

"Don't ask questions, just give it to me!" She was respectful enough to look away as he actually complied with her request, only noticing he'd done so when she felt the fabric touch her hand. Nodding, she placed both shirts next to each other as she opened each water bottle. "This is a trick the Belgians and Canadians used in the First World War," she explained to Ed as she poured water all over her shirt, then his. "They survived the first gas attacks by urinating on shirts and towels and using those as masks. There's no time to take a piss, so water will do. Take your shirt and wrap it around the lower half of your face. Don't worry, I've got a few spares."

I hope this works, if it doesn't we're both dead, but there's a life to save and no time to worry about gas mask theory!

Firmly tying her own shirt around her mouth and nose as she'd instructed Ed to do, she ignored the discomfort of it hampering her breathing. After all, it'd save their lives when they ran in there and most of the air was smoke. However, as she straightened herself up and was ready to go, she noticed that Ed seemed rather...distracted.

"Stop staring at my tits and follow me!" she shouted, more out of urgency than irritation, picking up her pack and running with speed even she didn't know she possessed. Soon enough, especially with the improvised gas mask on her face, she was gasping for air, her legs straining and her lungs burning in her chest. She was no athlete, she didn't have the speed of the track team or the sheer physical force of the football team and wrestlers, but there was somebody trapped in that hangar and nobody else around who could save them, and nothing, not even how far away they were from the hangar (which was really quite a good distance) was going to stop her from getting to them. Eventually, she reached the entrance of the hangar, stopping and trying to catch her breath. Looking behind her, she saw that Ed was there, so even though he wouldn't see it under the shirt she gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay, Ed, just keep your head down and we should be fine. We're going to need to do this quickly, these will help but there's only so long we'll be protected from the smoke. You ready?" Dropping the pack, she didn't give him a chance to respond, crouching low and running inside the hangar, not even taking a second to think about how foolish it was to run inside a burning building. The smoke had its effect immediately, even though she was crouching, making her cough and impairing her vision. Her eyes felt like they were burning in the smoke even as she ducked low, and she had to squint to see while she moved swiftly through the burning hangar, sweat starting to run down her body from the earlier physical exertion and the sheer unrelenting heat of the flames.

"Hello? Whoever it is, we know you're in here! It's going to be alright, we're here to help you! Hello? Are you okay?!" she called out to whoever was inside with Eddie and herself, hoping that they'd show signs of responsiveness by calling back. Regardless, she searched through the hangar until she vaguely saw a humanoid figure in the smoke. They were barely moving, but they appeared to be alive. "Hey, Ed! I think I found them! You're stronger than I am, I'll need your help carrying them out!" she said to the boy, waving him over once she actually saw him and then running over to the figure.

Oh god...

Nicole didn't know Lyn Burbank, but she knew of her, especially when the rumour that the girl was a lesbian had spread. She didn't approve of outing people, it all seemed so cruel, but she'd never had a chance to talk to her. Now here they were, one trapped in a burning building and the other trying to get them out. "Stay calm, Lyn, you're gonna be okay! ED, GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME! I'll get the legs, you take the other end!" Grasping Lyn's legs, Nicole waited for Ed to make his way over and take hold of the girl's upper half, trying but failing to stifle the coughing that racked her body from the smoke. They had to get the girl out, and quickly. As soon as the girl was lifted up, Nicole would start moving towards the entrance. "We've got you, Lyn, just don't panic!"

Maybe I should take that advice...
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
Eddie was already moving, the scorching heat of the flames hitting him like a physical blow, when Nicole called out. Whirling back to the redhead, the warmth at his back an ever present reminder of the danger the trapped young woman was in. He kept his legs tensed, ready to spring back towards the burning building as soon as she’d spoken her piece. This wasn’t something he was going to let happen, if he could help it. Too many people had died while he was around. He wouldn’t stand by and let another of his fellow students die.

“What?”

“Take off your shirt, Ed.” Nicole was already setting aside water bottles as she instructed him to disrobe. The request caught him off guard, bringing his thoughts of heroics to a grinding halt. Blinking quickly he tried to work his mouth, finding it much more difficult than it should have been. He really hadn’t expected her to say anything like that. The heat of fire took a back seat to the warmth in his face as she began to peel off her own top.

“What?!” he managed finally, forcing through the unexpected haze that clouded his thoughts. My, the base of his skull perked up again, but Nicole is very good looking, isn’t she?

“Don’t ask questions, just give it to me!” The edge of authority in her voice had him moving with new energy, hurriedly discarding his pack and rifle, before tugging at the edges of his shirt. Struggling with the shirt, he managed to tug it over his head as the redhead explained the need for the stripping. Watching as she watered down the clothes, Eddie couldn’t believe he was talking to the same person he’d been with all day. Nicole was usually very forward, but this new force of personality was different. The dark haired boy realized, as she thrust the wet fabric back into his hands, that he found her kind of scary…and entirely amazing.

She was strong. She didn’t hesitate at all in her actions and she was quick of her feet. If she hadn’t taken charge and stopped him, he’d probably collapse from smoke inhalation and wind up dead next to the person inside. His stomach worked into knots and his heart pounded in his chest as he nodded to his extraordinary partner. Tying the fabric across his mouth and nose, he found his eyes drifting to her amply proportioned chest. The undergarment was black and, from the sheen, silk. Eddie hadn’t put much thought into what Nicole might have been wearing, but the truth was rather…stimulating. In an odd turn of thought, he realized that he’d seen much more of the female body in the past few days than in the whole of his previous life.

“Stop staring at my tits and follow me!” The curt order tore him from his thoughts like a slap in the face. His whole body burned, not at all from the fire. “Eh! Ah, I-I-I wasn’t, I swear!” he fumbled in protest, following after her. He’d always been a terrible liar. He regretted saying anything. Wishing he saved his breath, Eddie struggled to keep up his pace, the heat seeming to draw the wind from his lungs. He slid to a halt behind Nicole, panting harshly in an attempt to regain some of his quickly evaporating strength. She turned and nodded to him.

"Okay, Ed, just keep your head down and we should be fine. We're going to need to do this quickly, these will help but there's only so long we'll be protected from the smoke. You ready?" He nodded back, answering shakily to the affirmative. The amazing young woman darted inside, Eddie following on top of her heels. The fire struck like a hammer blow, nearly driving the dark haired boy to his knees as he searched through the oppressive smoke and heat.

Tongues of flame licked at the walls and crept across the floor, eagerly searching for their next meal to wolf down. Hurrying to find the trapped student, Eddie was floored as a gout of flame flared sharply next to him. Scrabbling away from the grasping fire, he fought back to his one knee. Nicole’s call for help drove him to his feet in flash, his eyes hurriedly scanning through the thick black clouds for her. Quickly finding her, he hustled over as she called for him again. “I’m here, I’m here!” Taking a grip under the young woman’s arms, he grunted as they made their way to the door as quickly as possible.

Sweat beaded on his forehead and ran down his back before quickly boiling away as the duo and their cargo exited the burning building. Deciding that they were a safe enough distance they carefully settled the girl down, giving Eddie his first good look at the unfortunate student. “L-L-Lyn!”

v3 Characters-

v4 Characters-
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's too hot...

The fire were getting more intense by the second, and the heat was unbearable. Even though the flames hadn't touched her yet, it still felt like she was being burned alive. The smoke was heavy and stifling, and it was hard to see anything. Coughing violently for a few moments, she tried once again to pull herself to her knees, straining with all her might.

"NnnnnnnnnnnngggGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAHH!"

She fell forward once again, hitting her head against the ground as she collapsed. Her vision in her remaining eye was starting to get blurry, and she could tell she was losing too much blood. Her body was already at it's limit, and her attempts to push past that were proving to be futile. It hurt. Everything hurt, far more than she could bare.

Finally, her body seemed to just give up, rolling onto its side. She was so tired. She wished she could just close her eyes and fall asleep, and everything would go away. All her problems, all her pain would just vanish into the ether, and she wouldn't feel anything anymore. But she knew she couldn't do that. She had to stay awake, had to stay conscious, had to find a way out of here quickly.

Her body seemed to have already made up it's mind, though. Her eyelid was getting too heavy to keep open, and everything started to fade into the background. The sounds and sights were getting further away, and soon she couldn't even feel her own body anymore. The pain faded away, leaving a disturbing numbness in it's place.

This was it. No one was coming to save her, and there was no way she could get out on her own. She was destined to become just another name on the announcements, another kill for Riz to brag about. She would die, and in the end, no one would care, outside of maybe a handful of complete strangers who'd for some reason or another been rooting for her.

No...I don't want to die here.

I don't want to die...

so...

scared...

"Hello?"

As sudden as a bullet from a gun, Laeil snapped back to attention as she heard a voice nearby.

Whoever it is, we know you're in here! It's going to be alright, we're here to help you! Hello? Are you okay?!

"I-I'm over he-!" She started, interrupted by another coughing fit. Someone actually came to help her. It was a miracle among miracles. As she looked around to find the source of the voice, she was soon approached by not one, but TWO figures.

"Stay calm, Lyn, you're gonna be okay! ED, GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!

“I’m here, I’m here!”

"I'll get the legs, you take the other end!"

She was too disoriented to make out who her saviors were, though apparently at least one of them knew her name. She felt one of them (the girl, she thought), lifting up her legs, while the other one picked her up from the other side. She winced as the wire around her wrists cut into her skin again, but she certainly wasn't about to complain about THAT at the moment.

As she was finally carried outside, Laeil breathed a sigh of relief - or rather, she started to, but was struck with another coughing fit, her chest starting to hurt. Finally, the two of them set her down on the ground befo-

Wait, did that girl call him...

“L-L-Lyn!”

"Eddie?"
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Moving quickly but carefully, they managed to carry Lyn out without any real trouble, gently setting her down upon her back. Ed seemed to recognise her, the two addressing each other by name as Nicole moved over to her pack and extracted the first aid kit and a water bottle, taking the gun from her pocket and placing it on the ground. Gesturing at Ed to tell the man to take his place at Lyn's other side, she sat herself down at the girl's left, near the head. Taking this chance to finally get a look at the damage, Nicole couldn't help but grimace, her face paling a bit at the sight. It was a wonder the smaller girl was even alive with how much had been done to her.

Who the fuck could've done this?! This is sick...

Looking at the injured girl, it soon became apparent to Nicole that it wasn't as much a question of where the damage was as it was a question of where the damage wasn't. Lyn was covered in bruises and cuts, and there was blood everywhere, so much that the smell of the gore alone made her gag until she took the shirt-mask off of her face and tossed it to the side. The sudden onrush of fresh air was a relief, but she didn't have any time to savour it, as Lyn was still losing an alarming amount of blood.

Looking at the girl's face again, she visibly blanched yet another time as she finally noticed that Lyn's left eye was gone. The entire area around the eye was a sickening black and purplish colour, and there was a pulpy mess around the socket to go with all the blood, making it look like salsa was seeping out of where the eye used to be.

The pictures in the books really didn't do it justice. Ick.

What was left of the eyelid had turned massive and hideous, almost making the left side of the girl's face look monstrous. Taking a deep breath, she tried to force herself to appear strong, even though there was such an incredible amount of gore and the poor girl was bleeding to death right in front of her.

Right, gotta act...c'mon, what did all those books and lessons say? Fuck! Gotta remember, there's no time! I'm...I'm not letting Lyn die!

"Okay," she said, her hands still shaking as she opened the water bottle and first aid kit. Nodding to Eddie again, she composed herself enough to say something, her voice hard-edged from the urgency of the situation and her own attempts to remain calm. She was speaking almost too quickly to take into account whatever the boy said in response, lest her nerves cause her to scream and run away.

"Ed, don't look at the eye, focus on something else. I don't care what, just keep yourself from getting sick, okay?! I need your help here, she's going into shock and we'll have to treat both that and the bleeding!

Keep her still, elevate her legs but make sure she lays flat on her back, can you do that? I should be able to keep track of her pulse, and she was just talking, but I want you to be ready to monitor her breathing and airways if needed. You know how to do that? Put your head on her chest, count the breaths for about fifteen seconds or so, do that every minute! Other than that, just keep her still and her legs elevated."

She drew a breath, then her attention was turned to Lyn. "Lyn," she said, taking on a tone like one she'd use while speaking to a small child. "Lyn, hon, stay with me, you're going to be alright. Just try to stay perfectly still, okay? I'll...have to move your head to irrigate the blood and treat the wound, but you need to move as little as possible since you're going into shock. Can you do that?"

Okay, Nikki, so far so good. Come on, what would mum and dad do?! They're the trained professionals, not you. Dad's a surgeon, he deals with stuff like this all the time...too bad he isn't here right now, you can't let them down!

"Lift your head up a little and turn your head VERY slightly towards me, okay Lyn? You've been talking, that's good. Keep talking, I don't care what you talk about, just say whatever comes to mind, it'll keep your mind off of things and help with the breathing. Tell me about your home life or something, your hobbies?" she said, moving her right arm to cradle Lyn's head and turn it a bit towards her to irrigate the blood and keep it from pooling.

Moving her hand forward and using mostly the forearm and crook of her arm to support Lyn's head, her fingers found a spot on Lyn's neck her pulse could be taken from. An ungodly amount of blood was surging from the empty socket, falling to the ground right before Nicole's legs as she picked up the opened water bottle, holding Lyn's head gently but firmly.

Here goes nothing.

"Lyn, this is probably going to be extremely painful, but I need to do this to k-keep the blood from pooling. Stay strong, okay? Ed! Get ready, I'll need you to hold her as still as you can! You can't let her move around, got it?" Nicole didn't even wait to hear a reply, up-ending the bottle slightly to pour its contents down towards the side of Lyn's face to wash the blood away and help the irrigation. Blood and water rushed down the side of Lyn's face, soaking into the asphalt as Nicole tried to help keep the girl still and stopped pouring after a few seconds.

Nicole felt a pang of sympathy for Lyn, but after a short period poured the water again. Holding the head sideways as it was would probably irrigate the blood in and of itself, but the water helped, and Nicole's nerves were acting up too much for her to do anything other than what seemed like a good idea at the moment combined with what she remembered from OEC books and the like.

She repeated the process a few more times, each time only barely being able to keep Lyn still with Eddie's help, before concluding that she needed to wrap up the wound. It would be too dangerous to let Lyn lose any more blood, the irrigated blood already starting to pool onto the asphalt to the point where it was soaking into Nicole's pants. She'd been carefully monitoring Lyn's pulse the whole time, and there was no denying that it was weakening.

Now for the hard part...

"Ed, I dunno if she'll be able to hold her head up like that, can you support her head while I wrap these bandages? Lyn, you're almost done, you're gonna make it. Just keep talking to me and Eddie, okay?"

Nicole couldn't wait for Ed's reply. As soon as she let go of Lyn's head for Ed to hold it up along with her legs, she was reaching for the first aid kit, fetching almost the entire supply of gauze and bandages. Forcing herself not to look away from the mutilated eye socket, she was eventually able to find the lacrimal sac, from which most of the blood was coming from. Risking putting a little pressure on the area, Nicole started applying gauze there to stem the bleeding, soon getting blood all over her hands as she placed gauze down there and then started applying to the rest of the socket, though being careful to put almost no pressure down except at the lacrimal sac due to the presence of nerves in the area. The sheer amount of gauze, accurately described as "a metric fuckton", started to slow down the bleeding, though it was all over Nicole's hands and a lot of the gauze was damp with blood. Once the socket and lacrimal sack were gauzed-up, Nicole wasted no time in starting to apply the bandages and medical tape, starting to wrap up the socket and afflicted area while whispering reassuring comments to Lyn, no longer having to deal with the thrashing and screaming but just bandaging up the wound.

Heh, I never thought I'd pull this off so well. I just might save her after all.

Before too long, the bandages were applied and taped off, causing Nicole to back up with a sigh of relief as she wiped the sweat off of her brow. There was a lot of bandaging applied to Lyn's head, almost in the shape/pattern of an eye patch, but it looked like the girl might just make it.

Thank the gods...first time I've ever needed to save someone's life, and it looks like I didn't fuck it up.

"Alright," she said. "Thanks for the help, Ed, let's just lay her down straight. Check her breathing, I'll get her pulse. It looks like you're gonna make it, Lyn! Just need to keep still for a while and keep the legs elevated, until we're sure the shock has gone away." After she said as much, and Laeil was laid supine on the ground, Nicole brought her hands to the girl's neck one last time. The pulse was weak, but it was there. She'd done it. For the first time in however long the ordeal had taken, she allowed herself to relax, sitting back with a grin. Not even the sheer heat radiating from the fire they'd carried Laeil out of was ruining her mood.

"Heh...I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off, to be honest."
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Running into Eddie again was among the last things Laeil would have expected. The last time they'd been in the same place, she'd decked him hard in the face in a rage, pointed a gun at his face, and then basically told him that if she saw him again, she'd kill him. How ironic it was, then, that the next time they met, he'd help pull her from a burning fire. Judging from his reaction after putting her down, though, he probably hadn't seen who it was he'd been rescuing. If he knew beforehand, she wouldn't be surprised if he'd just decided to let her burn. She stared up at Eddie, wondering what his reaction would be to risking his life to save someone who had treated him like shit.

Suddenly, Nicole started giving out orders to Eddie. Elevate her legs, count the number of breathes; things like that. The world was slowly fading in and out as they moved her, and she barely noticed as the two of them frantically worked to stop the bleeding.

As the girl (who Laeil recognized as Nicole Husher, one of the student council members) started giving instructions to her now, she nodded in understanding. Talk about something...like what? Her hobbies?

"W-well, I don't really have a lot of hobbies..." She started, her voice weak and hardly audible. "I read a lot of comic books...I don't actually own them, I took them from my cousin, bu-"

Nicole warned her that what she was going to do something that would likely hurt. A lot. Bracing herself, she felt the cold water run down her face, and when it hit the empty socket it hurt like a bitch. She found herself convulsing, her body tensing in pain, and let out a hiss, followed by a weak whimper. She tried to continue talking, something else about comic books, but there was something else. Something she had to tell Eddie while she still could. Something she had to know.

"Ed...you...you saved me...you risked your life to save me...bu-NNNNNRRGAAH!" Another rush of water, and another jolt of pain, interrupted her. She took a few sharp, rapid breaths before continuing. "But...you didn't know it was me, did you? Would...would you have done anything if you knew it was me?" Another rush of water, another cry of pain. "I killed Jimmy...and then I treated you like shit...when all you wanted to do was help...

"I guess it's just karma that things turned out like this..." If one listened close enough, one could make out a faint slur in her speech, getting gradually worse. "I killed Anthony...I just stabbed him-NNNNNNGGGH...over and over again...he cried and begged for mercy, but I just wouldn't give it to him...I felt horrible about it right afterwards, but when I was cutting him up I...I enjoyed it. It felt good. I had real power for the first time in my life. I wanted to make everyone pay, even people that hadn't done anything. I...I wanted to hate everyone, everything, and destroy everything I hated.

"Everyone I've ever known, all they've ever done is kick me around. My family wants nothing to do with me, and now that I've killed their son, I won't even be welcome in their home anymore. I had nowhere to go, nobody who'd care if I get hurt or die in the long run. I'm lower than scum, some kind of mistake nobody wants to deal with. But...I still want to live. I want to live so badly. How pathetic is that?" She let out a half-hearted laugh. "If I kept being the psycho the terrorists probably want me to be, maybe I could outlive everyone, and in the meantime I could take out all my aggressions on everyone around me."

Nicole began to apply the gauze to the empty socket. It didn't hurt as bad as her efforts before, but it was still painful.

"But then you and Jimmy had to fuck everything up. You had to help me, be nice to me when no one else did, and suddenly I didn't know what to do anymore. You two were the first since..." She suddenly remembered Maggie. Her incessant talkativeness, her odd taste in music, that motherly concern she'd always shown her. Her smile; that warm and comforting smile. No matter how horrible things got, that smile just seemed to make everything alright. It made life worth living. "...since her, to make me feel like not everything had to be hated. That there were people willing to help me if I needed it."

Her remaining eye began to tear up as she continued. "And I just took that and threw it back in your face, just like I did her." Thinking back on it, Maggie's betrayal had to be accidental. She was just way too kindhearted to do something so malicious on purpose. But she had just pushed her aside, the most important person in her life. "God, I'm so fucked up. I'm so used to people kicking me around that when someone comes along and honestly wants to give me help, I don't have anything to give back but bitterness." She started to sob weakly as Nicole finished bandaging the eye socket. "I just want to go home...I don't care about revenge anymore...I tried playing the monster, but in the end I just ran into a bigger monster and he ate me alive...I don't care...I just want to see Maggie again...seeing everything I've done, she'll probably be scared shitless and want nothing to do with me, but I don't care..."

She looked back up at Eddie. "I'm sorry...Christ, I'm so sorry..."
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
His mouth hung open, behind his impromptu mask. Eyes locked onto the bloody mess that covered Lyn’s face, even as he took the spot Nicole gestured to. For a long moment, he didn’t feel anything at all. He couldn’t register the amount of damage that had been done to the slim young woman. His rational mind wouldn’t accept what he was seeing. Blood flooded down her face, large cakes of the stuff already drying on her cheek and chin. Her left eye had been cut out, the flesh around the empty socket a dark, sickly purple. A pulpy, nearly clear, mess was smeared around the edges of the eye socket, like the ground up remains of an apple core.

Eddie felt his stomach roll and rise into his throat, threatening to spill the meager meal he’d had earlier across the ground. It wasn’t the horrible sight, or the sickly sweet stench of blood and meat that turned his guts. Not really. Looking away from the gruesome sight, Eddie thought it the raw savagery of the assault that got to him. Lyn been beaten and bruised, viciously carved up, bound and left to die in a fire. What kind of monster could do something like that? Looking back at her ruined eye, he felt his insides rebel once more. Apparently, the image helped to turn his stomach quite a bit. He took off the wet shit and set it to one side. If he did throw up, he didn't want it to get on his only shirt.

“Lyn…oh Christ,” he breathed quietly, unable to raise his voice. “Who…who d-did this to you?” The sound of Nicole shouting his name snapped him back to his senses. He must have looked rather green, judging from the redhead’s quick tone and instructions to avoid looking at the wound any more. He nodded quickly, holding his hand over his mouth. He forced himself to remain calm. Nicole said she needed his help and, by God, he was going to do whatever she needed him to.

“Elevate her legs?” Quickly repositioning himself, the dark haired boy hastily took Lyn’s thin legs by the ankle and lifted them from the ground. “L-like this? Is this right?” A quick grunt to the affirmative gave him a boost in confidence. He could do this. Nothing to it. Now, he just had to make sure that Lyn was breathing regularly. “Y-yeah. I c-can d-do that. I c-can do this.”

His arms wobbled imperceptibly as he leaned forward, pressing his hear to Lyn’s chest. Alright, fifteen seconds. One-thousand one, one-thousand two, one-thousand three…. After the fifteen count was up, he raised his head, informing Nicole as to the number of inhalations, hoping it was good news. Nicole nodded before setting her mind on her own tasks. She spoke soothingly, like Lyn was a child, trying to explain what was about to happen. Eddie didn’t pay much attention, instead focusing intently on his own job.

“Ed!” Nicole’s voice made him pay attention. “Get ready, I'll need you to hold her as still as you can! You can't let her move around, got it?"

He blinked quickly back at the redhead. “I…I don’t understand. Wh-why would she-" Nicole didn’t wait for him to finish, dousing the bloody socket with bottled water. Lyn’s went rigid before flailing sharply, inadvertently slamming a kick into Eddie’s chest. The eavesdropper struggled, trying to keep the injured girl from moving too much. "Ohshitohshitohshitohshit!"

His stomach surged into his throat at the slight girl’s reaction. Nicole nodded, indicating she was going to have to do it again. Swallowing hard and gritting his teeth, Eddie nodded back. Each time, he expected the process to get easier. It didn’t. Eventually, he decided it would be best not to look, screwing his eyes shut and trying to ignore the screams and groans.

He forced his dark eyes back open when Nicole expressed her inability to support Lyn’s head and wrap up the injury, leaving it to him to elevate both the girl’s head and legs. “Y-yeah, ok-kay. No p-problem.” She didn’t seem to hear him, moving quickly away as he strained to hold up both ends of Lyn’s body. Waiting for Nicole to return with the necessary tools, Eddie whispered carefully, hoping to ease the injured girl’s uncertainty and fear. “L-Lyn. It’s m-me, Eddie. Y-you’re gonna be ok-kay. Y-you’ll b-be fine, I p-promise.” How much he really believed his own words, he couldn’t say.

The thin girl blearily asked Eddie if he’d have done anything had he known it was her trapped in the inferno. His eyes flew open, his grip tightening on her legs. “Of c-course I w-would! Lyn, I d-don’t b-blame you, for what you d-did….” Lyn didn’t seem to care for his reaction. Maybe it was the loss of blood or fear of death, but the slim young woman began to confess her crimes, laying out her sins in all their terrible glory. He clamped his eyes shut, again, not wanting to hear the awful things. “No, it’s not your f-fault. It’s just the game. No-none of this is your fault, Lyn.”

Nicole returned, going to work with careful authority, quickly applying gauze to the wound. Her hands quickly turned a dark shade of red. Blood still showed through the gauze, but a judicial application of medical tape and bandages helped to cover up the dark stains. Nicole’s sure fingered work was amazing to behold and her quite reassurance sounded like God’s own truth. For the first time, Eddie allowed himself the small glimmer of hope that Lyn really would survive the wound.

"Alright, thanks for the help, Ed,” the voice almost made him jump. Luckily for Lyn, he suppressed the urge, instead quickly averting his gaze to the gauze covering the hastily patched wound. With a quick nod, he carefully laid the thin, wounded girl’s head down, to rest on the ground. He pressed his ear against her chest, as he’d been told, and counted to fifteen again. Mentally listing off in the numbers in cadence, he hoped and prayed that the girl’s ragged breathing wouldn’t suddenly cut off, as he listened.

He offered a meek smile to Nicole. The student-turned-field-medic rested on her haunches, wiping the small beads of sweat away from her brow. The glow and crackle of the fire silhouetted her impressive body, the fire seeming to be emanating from her, like an aura. The thin sheen of sweat on her body glinted in the flickering light, her skin radiating a stunning alabaster glow. Her hands covered in blood, she looked like some forgotten angel of the battlefield, her body wreathed in flames.

“Y-you’re amazing….” He whispered, held almost in awe by the woman’s forcefulness and competence.

She gave a small chuckle. "Heh...I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off, to be honest."

He gave another timid smile. “N-no way. Th-that was amazing.” He turned his focus back to Lyn, carefully stroking her hair. “S-see, you’re ok, Lyn. You’re gonna b-be alright.” Her remaining eye began to water, she wept as she renounced her thirst for revenge. She sobbingly apologized as he held her. Eddie’s own vision blurred as tears dripped down his cheeks. Sniffling, he rubbed the back of his fist against his eyes, holding Lyn’s head in one arm. During the impromptu operation, he’d managed to keep his fear and frustration, his terror and anger, under control. Now that the danger had, apparently, passed the floodgates came crashing down. He couldn't believe that Lyn was apologizing. Couldn't she see that it was his fault? He'd even offered his life up for his part in screwing up her plans. He wasn't worth crying over.

“You...you're wrong. Lyn…I’m so sorry. I’m so goddamned sorry. N-none of this was you f-fault at all. If-if-if I ha-hadn’t f-fucked up…if you hadn’t w-w-wasted your time h-helping me, you wouldn’t b-be like this. I d-didn’t help you at all. This is all m-my f-fault.” He sniffled again, casting his tear streaked gaze back to Nicole. “You s-see? It’s n-not j-just W-Wade. I c-can’t do anything right! I’m sneaky and a c-coward! I’m c-completely w-worthless! I’m the o-one who deserved this, not anyone else!”

v3 Characters-

v4 Characters-
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Though the bleeding had apparently been stopped, the pain was still excruciating. Any attempt at facial movement was like knives being jammed under her skin. Laeil tried not to move as she listened to Eddie putting the blame on himself and the game. But no, it was her fault. She was the one that allowed herself to turn into this. She was the one that had to act like a total bitch, and then go and fuck with the wrong person. Same old pushover. How was he ever going to deal with Wade if he kept this up?

Still...

"Thank you..." She said, smiling weakly, sincerely. When was the last time she'd smiled like that? She couldn't remember. Laeil...no, Lyn. That persona, she'd taken it up as a motivator. A reminder that even a reviled nobody like her could make something of herself; could stand up against all the hardships she faced. Instead, it had turned her into a monster, who's only thought was revenge, and everyone else was either an obstacle in her way, or a tool she could use to achieve her goals. As she cast it aside, she felt strangely liberated.

"The guy that did this..." Lyn said, remembering that Eddie had asked who did all this. "It was Rizzolo...he said he'd killed seven people...he must've...killed some when Danya wasn't listing killers..."

It took a moment to notice, but she finally realized that the pain was starting to fade, and she was feeling more and more tired. It was to be expected; she'd been awake for a day and a half now, getting into two fights, and now this. It was hard to keep her remaining eye open.

"So tired...I'm just going to...get some rest..." That was all she needed. Just some rest. It'd probably be hard to move around for a while, but she'd manage. There was just about 20 or 30 people left. She was so close to the end. Things would surely get harder from here on out, but she'd worry about that when the time came.

"I'll be fine...in the morning..."

As she began to drift off, she had no idea that things had gone horribly wrong. Nicole had done her absolute best, to be sure, but the sad reality was that Lyn had simply lost too much blood. As she closed her eyes, Lyn went into cardiac arrest, and try as Eddie and Nicole might, they wouldn't be able to restart her heart.

Completely unaware of her fate, Lyn Burbank breathed her last breath, and quietly faded away.

G53: Lyn Burbank - DECEASED

Lyn made her way through the hallways of Southridge. She passed by classrooms, open textbooks and various pieces of homework lying on the desks, the whiteboards imparting various pieces of knowledges, like the quadratic equation, important names from the French Revolution, and various tips on how to write an effective persuasive essay. She passed by lockers, some of them open, revealing the personal contents within. She passed by a window overlooking the parking lot, various cars belonging to faculty and students alike parked outside.

The problem? There was nobody there. Try as she might, she could not find a single living soul in the building. She checked classrooms, bathrooms, even the faculty offices, and she did it several times over, but it was as if every single person at the school had just vanished where they were. She continued to look, getting more and more desperate, more panicked. She had to find someone; ANYONE. She had begun to feel a sort of intense, soul-crushing loneliness; like she was the only person in the world.

As Lyn rounded the corner, entering one of the hallways from the cafeteria, she spotted a figure in the distance. It was...

No, it couldn't be.

...could it?

She approached the figure. Slowly at first, but soon she began to pick up the pace, moving from a slow walk to a hurried walk, to rapid jog, to all out sprinting. The hallway seemed to stretch for far longer than it should, and it seemed like she was running for an eternity; but eventually, she reached the end, she was absolutely certain of who the figure was. It was-

"AAH!"

Just as she closes the last of the distance between them, she stepped on a loose shoelace, falling hard onto the tile floor.

"Ow...fuck..."

Her head was throbbing where she'd hit it against the floor. She started to get back up, getting up onto her hands and knees, when she felt a hand resting against her head, gently stroking where she'd hit the ground.

"Are you okay? You should really be more careful, you know?"

She looked up at the figure, kneeling down in front of her. It was really her, wasn't it? She reached up and touched her hand. It felt warm. It felt real.

In an instant Lyn dove towards the figure, embracing her tightly. "Maggie..." She said, on the verge of tears. "I...I never thought I'd see you again.

"It's okay." Maggie said, with the same comforting voice she'd come to know and love. "I'm right here."

"All the things I did, all the things I said...I'm so sorry..."

"It's o-"

"I don't care if you feel the same way about me. I don't care if you EVER feel the same way about me."

"It's oka-"

"I just want to be near you. That's all I want. I can't live without yo-"

Lyn was stopped midsentence as Maggie put her arms around Lyn, returning the embrace. She finally took a good look at Maggie's face. She wore a soft smile, and a look of complete understanding. Nothing more was said. Nothing more NEEDED to be said.

Finally, the tears came; but they were tears of joy, not sadness. She held onto Maggie tightly, as if loosening her grip would cause her to disappear forever. She'd never felt happier in all her life then she did at that moment. In fact, happiness was all she felt now. She knew that there were horrible things that had happened to her in the past, but she couldn't remember what they were. Soon, she couldn't even remember that the horrible things had even happened. And soon after that, she couldn't even fathom the concept of horrible things.

Just her and Maggie. That's all there was. That's all that mattered.

"Come on." Maggie finally said. "Let's go home."
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Offline Profile Goto Top

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
A hand closed around Eddie’s neck, cutting off his air supply. He couldn’t manage but short, quiet gasps through the gentle sobs that rocked his shoulders. With an effort of will, Eddie brought his weeping to an end and forced the rock forming in his throat back down into his chest. The mass of anger, guilt and sorrow settled uncomfortably in his core, aching in his heart and his bones. Clenching his free hand into a fist and gnawing at his lower lip, Eddie cursed himself.

You know this was your fault. If you had followed Lyn, instead of letting her go off on her own, this might not have happened. If he hadn't been such a coward, if he'd really cared, he could have gone after her. He could have saved her. He shook his head. No. No, that wasn't right, was it? It was a comforting lie he’d begun building. The truth of the matter was that if Eddie had been with her, he’d be just as bad off as Lyn. Maybe worse.

The meek, unimpressive young man simply wasn’t equipped to deal with any sort of threat. He’d been with Jimmy, when danger had struck, and the situation took no less dire a turn. He’d been watching Jodene, too, when she was brutalized alongside the others. And now Lyn was following the trend. Eddie wiped at his eyes with the back of his fist as a gust of wind brought the flames of the burning hangar to roaring new life. It seemed that no matter what the boy did, nothing would help any of the people he wanted to protect.

He listened carefully as Lyn explained about Rizzolo and his rather impressive kill count. Eddie shook his head, his teeth clenched. He couldn’t believe what was happening. Wade was dead, but another monster had risen to take his place. What had happened to his classmates? Where did these monsters with human faces come from? Such things were supposed to be relegated to horror movies and children’s closets. Terrors like this should have only been found in nightmares that left their dreamer in a cold sweat. Eddie knew this, and still had trouble staring at the cold truth of the situation. His classmates were far worse than any monster he had feared as a child. Lacking fang or claw, they made up for their weaknesses with coldhearted bloodshed and complete insanity.

Lyn mumbled about being tired, her words already beginning to slur together as if she’d had a few too many drinks. Eddie wasn’t as well versed in medical treatment as Nicole, but he was no idiot, either. The broken girl’s request for sleep was both out of the question and a bad sign. “No!” Eddie spat, quickly raising her legs a little higher, “No, Lyn you can’t go to sleep.” Nicole was already moving, snagging up a bony wrist to check its pulse. “Lyn, listen to me, you can’t go to sleep. Sleep is bad.”

"I'll be fine...in the morning..." Lyn’s eyes slid close. Eddie quickly leaned down to listen for a heartbeat. The weak thudding was erratic now, sounding off at odd intervals. He told Nicole so. The redhead planted a hand on his shoulder and shoved him away, before hurriedly going to work on Lyn. Eddie watched as Nicole counted out three compressions before breathing into her patient’s mouth. A few lungfuls of air and it was back to compressions. Eddie watched and chewed at his nails.

Nicole checked for a pulse. Readjusting her grip she frantically searched the wrist before moving to Lyn’s neck. The compressions and breathing came faster, now. More frantic, more terrified, more desperate. With each renewed effort, Eddie became more and more assured. Letting Lyn’s legs down, he gingerly lifted her arm. Carefully, he searched for the major vein that the detectives in his books always checked on corpses. He couldn’t feel anything beneath the delicate, pale skin. He wasn’t shocked or terrified. He’d been expecting that. Instead, he felt tired.

He lowered her arm to the ground. Lyn’s was still warm. “She’s dead, isn’t she?” Nicole didn’t answer, still determinedly performing her ritual, tears streaking down her cheeks. As the redhead moved to begin compressions once more, Eddie dropped a hand on her shoulder. “Nicole,” he said in the most comforting voice he could manage, "She's dead."

v3 Characters-

v4 Characters-
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Alexis Machina continued from Demon Days)

Lex found herself pumped with new motivation after the events that had taken place at the hospital. The hefty weight of the shotgun in her hands gave her a new sense of security that she hadn't felt before, and with the remainder of the group from the showers disposed of she felt a sick sense of satisfaction. A few hours ago the fact that she'd predicted their decimation correctly had bothered her. Now...it made her confident.

The unusual spring placed in her step kept her going as she walked briskly down the trail, the cool night atmosphere giving way to the first cracks of sunlight that crept over the horizon. Dawn was coming, and as if on cue the trail broke into a big open clearing - a deadly combination that was sure to blow her cover. She ducked, scanning her surroundings intently and discovering that she'd happened across the Airfield.

In the distance she spotted two figures crouched over a body. She couldn't make them out from this far away, but fortunately for her they had their backs to her. She planned on taking advantage of that. Lex made her way along the treeline until the back of the only remaining hangar was closest to her, and after making sure that the others weren't looking she broke away from the foliage, jogging as quickly as she could to take cover behind the building.

Fortunately, her maneuver seemed successful. She took cover behind the building, her eyes carefully peeking out every few seconds as she waited for an opportunity to jump the two.
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off
Offline Profile Goto Top

DetectiveArcher
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Obvious
[ *  *  * ]
Nicole didn't want to stop, her continuous compressions becoming more and more frantic. Eddie didn't blame her. Maybe she thought that, with enough effort, enough determination or desire, she could bring Lyn back. She knew she couldn't, just as Eddie did, but it didn't stop her from trying. After several minutes of coaxing, Eddie finally convinced the sniffling young woman to bring her hopeless ritual to an end. He watched as she slowly drew away from the corpse, her hands moving from Lyn's deathly still chest.

Nicole curled up, quietly sniffing as she tried to force herself to stop crying. Her watery gaze drifted down to her hands. It had almost worked. She’d almost brought Lyn back. It should have worked. Eddie watched as the girl wrestled with the reality of the situation. He didn’t say anything, instead leaving her to her thoughts. She would need time to think about things on her own. Moving to gather his own belongings, Eddie cast a short glance back at Nicole. She looked so much smaller, now.

Nicole couldn’t draw her gaze from her hands. She’d done everything right, hadn’t she? Everything had been done just the way it should have, but it hadn’t made any difference. Exhaustion suddenly slammed into her with the force of a freight train. She’d been running on empty for so long, she’d forgotten what it felt like to be anything but weary and afraid. Crossing her arms across her knees, she hunched over, allowing her head rest on her forearms. She just wanted some sort of respite. She needed a break.

By the time Eddie organized his things, he found Nicole had fallen fast asleep. She should have looked cute while she slept. She didn't. She looked tired, even as she took her rest. Anxious, even in sleep. How depressing. Pulling his attention away from the redhead, Eddie set about wringing the water from the white shirt he’d used as a smoke mask. With a quick twist, the garment released what little moisture still remained. It was a bit damp, but Eddie still found his work to be satisfactory.

Placing the shirt to one side, he began emptying his day pack, setting the food, ammunition and medical supplies aside, into a neat pile. Balling up the slightly damp garment, he placed it inside the empty bag, before folding the pack around the mass. He hefted the small wad, testing its firmness in his hands. It would do. In her sleep, Nicole made a distressed noise. Bad dreams seemed to be the order of the day.

Moving to Nicole's side, Eddie knelt down. Moving carefully, he slowly worked his hands beneath her knees and across her shoulders. Deliberately keeping steady, to keep her from waking, he slowly lifted the lightly dozing girl away from the corpse and all of its unpleasantness. She wasn't as heavy as he'd expected. Finding a suitable spot, near the edge of the clearing, Eddie gingerly lowered the girl onto his makeshift shirt-pillow. He wished he had something to act as a blanket.

Eddie returned to his equipment, sitting roughly on the ground. Examining his rifle, he heaved a heavy sigh, his gaze drifting to the body next to him. "Lyn, what happened? How does it always seem to turn out like this?" The girl with the ruined eye had nothing to say. "I can't help but feel,” Eddie continued, undeterred, “like this is my fault. It's egotistical, I know. Kinda selfish to think that so many lives might have depended on me. But maybe…. For some reason, I just can't shake the feeling that, if we never met, you'd still be alive. You and Jimmy. Maybe some of the others, too." While he spoke, he checked the rifle and ammunition, making sure everything was as it should be.

"You know, I wish I could bury you, or something, but I don't have a shovel. You at least deserve a shroud, like those people back in the jungle, but I'm running out of clothes." To prove his point, he tugged at the front of his wifebeater, frowning as he did so. He never liked the term “wifebeater.” It seemed needlessly coarse.

And so, Eddie spent his time thinking, talking to a dead girl, and watching over Nicole. It wasn't long before she began to stir. At least, it didn't seem that long to Eddie. Of course, it might have been hours. He wasn't quite sure anymore. Time had a funny way of getting away from him.

As the redhead woke, he called out to her. "Hey, you ok?" Another stupid question. He seemed to be asking a lot of those lately. He chalked it up to engaging in more social interaction than normal. For a moment, he thought about how fucked up that was, but only for a moment. He decided it was best not to dwell on the issue. It was too depressing.

"Uhm...w-we should g-get g-going." Piling all of his supplies into Nicole's bag, Eddie got to his feet. Pack slung over his shoulder and rifle in hand, he offered to help the redhead to her feet. For a long moment she simply stared at the boy’s extended hand. The moment passed as she accepted the aid and allowed Eddie to pull her to her feet. She checked the waist of her pants, feeling the reassuring presence of the two pistols there.

“S-so, where d-do you think we should g-go?” Eddie was looking away from her again. She wondered if it was for the same reasons as before. “Do you really think it matters?” she answered, in a voice she barely recognized as her own. Without waiting for a response, she led the way into the jungle. Maybe she was being unduly harsh, or distant, but she was entitled to that for a little while, wasn’t she?

Eddie couldn't wait to leave. There was nothing left here. In fact, for some reason, he felt profoundly ill at ease. Tension filled the muscles in his shoulders and back. The airfield was definitely not a good place to be. Looking back at Lyn, he felt profound sense of guilt, leaving the girl in such a place. He tried to convince himself that the broken thing in the dirt wasn't Lyn Burbank. It didn't help much.

With Nicole leading the way, the two disappeared into the jungle.

((Eddie Sullivan and Nicole Husher continued elsewhere))

v3 Characters-

v4 Characters-
Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Adam Reeves continued from Moment of Clarity))

Reeves emerged at the airfield just in time to witness a jiggling mass that could only have been a heavily armed and curiously bipedal hippopotamus dart across his field of vision.

Alexis Machina. I was just thinking about you, babe. It seemed to Adam that the Fates were just raining good fortune down upon him today. His path was set in stone by some Higher Power and he took no issue with that. All that was left to do now was enjoy the home stretch. As the girl moved, he followed a parallel path through the trees, drawing the pistol from his waistband en route. Finally she stopped and he began a much slower, muted approach. The gelatinous girl peered tensely around the edge of the hangar, peering perilously at some prey. Adam mimicked her behavior several yards away. Finally she relaxed, her quarry seeming to have escaped. Adam smiled. He would have better luck.

"Hey there, sweetcheeks!" He realized the comedic effect his jack-in-the-box appearance from the underbrush probably held. He chuckled inwardly at it. He was anxious to see Lex's reaction. But to his slight dismay, his whole purpose was to prevent reaction; he'd have to find his entertainment in whatever the corpse chose to preserve. He leveled the pistol, and fired.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lex hid for a moment, making sure to keep out of sight so the two didn't catch wind of her presence. She didn't even risk peeking out for fear of being caught. Every muscle in her body ached in anticipation. Killing had evolved from being a hinderance to a necessity, and finally, in the twisted remains of her sanity, a pass-time. She couldn't wait to see the paralyzed fear and agony embedded into the pair's face.

She couldn't wait another second.

Pumping the shotgun, Lex burst around the corner and raised it towards the now empty airfield. The faint outline of Eddie and Nicole disappearing into the jungle greeted her vision.

"...Fuck," she muttered grievedly. "God damnit."

"Hey there, sweetcheeks!"

A low baritone broke the silence, followed by the piercing sound of a pistol-round being fired, which quickly soared a few feet wide of her and into the outer wall of the hangar. Lex took a quick glance over her shoulder and noticed Adam Reeves on the outer edge of the treeline, his gun aimed towards her and a stupidly playful smirk on his face.

Without hesitation, Lex sprinted around the corner as fast as her hobbly legs would take her and took cover inside the hangar. The shotgun she'd taken from Noah would have no use at such a distance, so her only hope was to let Adam come to her.

"It had to be fucking Reeves, didn't it? The only fucker left that's bigger than me."

Her own adrenaline and fear kicking in, Lex did her best to keep her breathing shallow and quiet as she ducked against the inner wall of the hangar.
v4 Characters:

v3 Characters:

Deceased:

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off
Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Fucker!"

Adam was both amazed and angered at how he could have missed so wide a target. It seemed that he had again put too much faith in his aim. Or maybe the fat whore was simply so gargantuan that she had her own gravitational field that sent his bullet astray. Either way, he'd have to get a little more up-close-and-personal with this one. Not so bad a consolation prize, he thought.

He suppressed a laugh as he watched the girl's not-quite-graceful twirl around the side of the hangar. He started his own trudge through the thinning underbrush.

"Hey, thunderthighs, looks like you've lost some weight. No luck tracking down any Twinkies, huh?"

He began to slink against the side of the hangar as stealthily as possible, following Lex's apparent path.

"Or maybe it's all that corpse-fucking you've been doing. Just out of curiosity, who was better, Lancer or the Noah kid? What about that Lang chick? She was a fox, wasn't she?"

Reeves was disappointed to not see the fat cow stampeding towards him already. Maybe she was too busy casting a spell with her Wiccan Magicks.

Adam pivoted around the corner to face the edge of the hangar's gaping entrance. There were fresh indentations in the mud leading in. There was a gust of wind at the back of his head as the wind changed as if to confirm his suspicion and justify his elation. He had her. He inched slowly towards the door, making as little sound as possible (though his weight caused wet slaps against the ground despite his best efforts). He raised the Mauser, swung in through the hangar's entrance, braced himself, and let his beste Freunde of a German semi-automatic work its magic.

Bullets clattered against wood and metal and concrete, but there was no satisfying flash of red or the screams he had so looked forward to. With a scowl, he began to retreat back behind the safety of the hangar's wall. But at that moment, the Fates betrayed him. His eyes were suddenly stung by a black fire. He let in a shocked gasp and filled his lungs with the dark plumes as well. The smoke caught him in its grip and left him choking and sputtering in the hangar's open mouth.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hey, thunderthighs, looks like you've lost some weight. No luck tracking down any Twinkies, huh?"

Lex heaved slightly louder as Reeves taunted her, but the better part of her ego told her not to cave in to his provocation. Fortunately for her, Noah had already used the same recycled tactic. She didn't fall for it the first time, and she most certainly wouldn't fall for it the second. She was no fool.

"Or maybe it's all that corpse-fucking you've been doing. Just out of curiousity, who was better, Lancer or the Noah kid? What about that Lang chick? She was a fox, wasn't she?"

In an attempt to throw Adam off, however, Lex decided that his second taunt was worth responding to.

"Dawn was pretty good," she groaned with faux lust. "I made Johnny watch."

Reeves went silent.

Lex's blood raced as she stifled her breathing, her mind racing with anticipation as she awaited his imminent attack. It couldn't be long now. As silent as possible and with her back against the wall, Lex slid downwards until her rump hit the ground, the Remington pointed towards the open shaft of the hangar.

Unfortunately for her, just as she was getting prepared, Reeves seized his opportunity to attack. Without nay warning and in a completely panic she pulled her head down between her knees. Fortunately for her it seemed that his attacks had been rather blind, because as the sounds of gunfire died down and the click of an empty chamber rang out against the stale air, Lex looked back up to notice that all the bullets had soared clean over her head.

Choking sounds rang out in the night, and combined with the sound of Reeves' weapon emptying, Lex knew that this was her one and only chance. Without hesitation she propelled herself off the ground, slipping out of the hangar with her already-pumped shotgun raised in front of her as she fired a buckshot towards Adam's midsection.
v4 Characters:

v3 Characters:

Deceased:

Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The deep scream that erupted from the shocked boy's mouth and echoed through the spacious hangar was enough to leave even his own pained ears ringing. The pain roared from an area that was familiar with being pained, from kicks from little girls in the playground years ago to cheap shots received from more malicious combatants more recently in his life. But this was far, far more intense, as if all of these blows had come out of their encore all at once. His hands shot town to the impacted region as he doubled over. Instead of the comforting gesture of intact jeans, he found a swamp of gore and a forceful spurt from just below it.

Lex's aim had faltered slightly, but had done more than enough damage. Adam Reeves had received the choirboy's tonsure. His genitals were no more.

Adam's fogging eyes rolled up to meet Lex's in some semblance of a glare. His lips moved to say something. Before the words could be forced out, the eyes instead rolled backwards and took the rest of the boy with them. He collapsed heavily onto the concrete floor and began to squirm in a quickly flooding pool of his own blood.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lex quickly pumped the shotgun a second time after delivering the first blow, but before she squeezed the trigger she realized her first blow had connected exactly how she'd hoped. Well, maybe not exactly, but it definitely got the job done. Adam's hulking form swayed and rocked in the moonlight, and eventually the titan collapsed backwards onto the ground.

A playful smile danced across Lex's lips as she approached the boy, immediately making sure to kick the handgun far out of his reach. She had no use for it, after all. Her eyes flashed around the area for a moment, catching faint glimpses of the billowing smoke and dying fire that had engulfed the hangar on the opposite end of the runway. The beacon that had given Adam away was like a glorious sign of her victory.

She took a deep, cleansing breath of the poisonous fumes and watched for a few moments as Reeves moaned and squirmed around on the ground like a helpless child.

"What was that you were saying about Twinkies...?" she piped up eventually, her eyes downcasting themselves towards Adam's decimated genitalia before a haunting, booming laugh burst out of her larynx. None of her kills yet had been this satisfying.

After her laughter died out and receded into a high pitched sigh, Lex made a point to stomp down on Adam's chest, crushing her shoe down against him with all the force she could muster. She raised the shotgun in front of her, directing it into Reeves' petrified face.

"Dawn was good...but I'm gonna have so much fun with you."

Her sneer burning its way into Adam's mind, she depressed the trigger of the Remington.
v4 Characters:

v3 Characters:

Deceased:

Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reeves could almost hear the smile in her step as Lex approached where he lay, even through the fog of his pain (was it a fog really? No, fogs were soft, calm, not as painful and engulfing as this. A storm, maybe. But storms had eyes, didn't they? This storm had no eye or point of weakness. Just the opposite, actually; it had a point of far more intensity that radiated out to the rest of him. There were no descriptors to describe this pain, it was just

P
A
I
N

). He reached weakly for his comrade the gun. He knew he had no chance of survival, fuck, he wasn't sure survival was what he wanted with his particular injury, but he was going to take this bitch down with him if it was the last thing he-

There was the clatter of metal off to his right.

"What was that you were saying about Twinkies...?" And then a horrible, disgusting laugh.

you whore you fucking whore you'll pay you'll fucking die you rancid piece of shit you

A new surge of pain erupted in his chest heralded by a sickening inward crack. All thought, malicious and otherwise, was replaced with pain and anger. A red-gloved hand came weakly up from his right. We would fucking kill her. He would drag her down with him. There was still a chance.

Two black orbs filled his vision to accompany the already present black dots dancing around his eyeballs. Pain was replaced with panic. Behind the almost solid sockets begging to eject, erupt, discharge, ejaculate, emit, expel, vomit flaming meteors into his brains, he saw a smirk. It was the image of his very own Reaper.

"Dawn was good... but I'm gonna have so much fun with you."

our father who art in heaven hallowed by the name thy kingdom come thy will be d

B84 ADAM REEVES: DECEASED. 9 STUDENTS REMAINING.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adam's head exploded, showering Lex's twisted face with specks of blood and brain matter that rained upwards from the heavy force of the shotgun blast. The grey massed stained cerebral fluid all over her face, but she didn't seem to mind. The spoils of victory, she surmised.

Her gaze unfaltering, she let the shotgun hang loosely forward from its sling as she casually brushed her hair out of her face, taking only a small fraction of the brain matter away with it. The tainted girl's next move was to make her way towards Adam's Mauser. She didn't have any use for it, but she wasn't one to let it lie around for somebody else to use against her.

Without much thought she approached the burning wreckage of the former second hangar and gingerly tossed the pistol inside, making sure to get away as fast as possible incase the bullets reacted to the flames. Either way, nobody would be making use of that gun again.

Her job finished, Lex retreated from the airfield and headed back into the jungle, her smeared and stained smile never leaving her face.

(Alexis Machina continued elsewhere)
v4 Characters:

v3 Characters:

Deceased:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Airfield · Next Topic »
Locked Topic