Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
So what to do as a new member?
Topic Started: Dec 2 2008, 12:40 AM (1,221 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

It looks like V3 might be wrapping up, so I don't think I can really just grab an inactive character this late into the game, but I'm unsure how long it will take until V4 starts. But I'm all really confused. Can anyone help...inform me on what's going on?
Goto Top

dinah_shore
Member Avatar
Lesbians!
[ *  *  * ]
I'll bite. V3 is actually about midway through, and we just had a round of adoptions for inactive characters. I'm not sure if there will be another, but in the meantime you can go to "Other Roleplaying" and play one of the mini games. Or you could try your hand at Facemaker! or just write random shit in "Fun and Games". If you're so inclined, the Artist Alley is not restricted to SOTF-related art.

You pretty much have free reign of non-rp boards.

------------------------------------♥------------------------------------
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To add to that, I encourage you to check out the "Official SOTF Chatroom" thread pinned in general discussion and come join us on Chatzy. It's a great way to meet other members of the forum, socialize, discuss the game, and get any questions you might have answered.

And welcome to SOTF!
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off
Offline Profile Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Does anyone know how long V3 has left to go? Because right now, I really need to role-play SOMETHING SoTF related.......
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, let's see...there's currently 71 students left, including 6 still-living rolled students, with anywhere from 5-10 students rolled twice a month. That's anywhere from 3 to 6 and a half months right there, plus once we start getting to the end the rolls will probably come less often to let handlers right better ends for their characters.

So...yeah, it'll be a while.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, we could just go with Llama's logic...

Then again, V2 took months to finish when it was down to six people so I don't think we should counts the days just yet Llama.

Trust me though, at some certain point (maybe when it's down to the last 25 characters), Pregame's will pop up and that'll keep you interested until the next game. Trust me, I had to go through the exact same thing you guys did. XD
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shadow of the Sun
Make your enemies by choice, not by accident
[ * ]
I am, myself, close friends with a fellow newbie (I got her into it, even though she hasn't posted *gives her a kick*), and I'm talking to her about our character dynamic.

I'd say trying the Chatzy, or seeing if you can start up an AIM chatroom (another forum I go on occasionally has one) to find some people you're comfortable talking with, and chat with them about the next game.

I've already got some hi-jinks planned for the pregame as long as my character concept (I'm trying to think of more, honest) is approved.
She is the dark one, the enemy and lover, without whom my very existence would be pathetic and vulgar! Our relationship is complex and perhaps eternal. We met once in the garden at the beginning of the world and, unaware of our twin destinies, we matched stares across a dry fountain. And I recall her smiling at me before she devoured the lawn and trees with a translucent blue flame and tore flagstones from the path and hurled them into the sky, screaming my sins.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's just as well for me that it'll be a few months. I just got back to college you see. And my motherboard has died. So lucky me.
Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
Shit, sorry to hear that :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Good news. Apparently my laptop has a power-button lock switch. No I don't know why Gateway would have such a device.
Goto Top

C.K. Dexter Haven
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Thanks for this thread! I'm new here and kind of derpy, so this is really helpful.
Edited by C.K. Dexter Haven, Jan 28 2012, 06:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What have you done?! You've created a time paradox!
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
C.K. Dexter Haven
Jan 28 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for this thread! I'm new here and kind of derpy, so this is really helpful.
Hey C.K,

This thread is outdated - Might be better to introduce yourself: Here. You'll get some good help from people there. Like the staff with the colored names.

The New Handler's Guide, tells you exactly what you need to know as a new member on SOTF.

Also: Go ahead and check The Mini SOTF Site. It's aimed at new sotf writers, although registrations are only open for Second Chances RP (For previously deceased characters - not new ones). I help around there.

While you're at it, you can get acquainted with some of the other handlers of SOTF here on The Chat.

V5 Pregame has started so you can actually register a character already.

Most of all... Enjoy yourself!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Please take note of the last post date before bringing up an old topic. Locking this.

Psych gives very good information though, welcome to the site.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic