Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Werewolf II!; Come and Play
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 03:04 PM (1,384 Views)
Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
REMOTE TERMINAL ACCESS ONLY
[ *  * ]
Hello and welcome to Werewolf: a game of deceit, death, and murder most foul! It's a load of fun, real easy, and anyone can play! Some of you may even recognize it and know the rules, and all the better in this amazing game! Read on for more!

Rules
Basically the whole point of the game is suspicion. Each person is given a random role and each role's abilities, and from there anything can happen.

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.

There's a day phase that happens from dawn till dusk in game time. This period lasts 72 hours RL. During this time all the players try to decide who the werewolves (bad guys) are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text in the forum. Whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. You vote by posting some fuzz about your character (your profile/yourself) and the suspicions you’re under.

The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk till dawn game time. This phase lasts 24 hours RL. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrator (me). This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrator who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again. This continues until either all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

Roles
Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Gets the one vote a day as described. Your point is to survive and correctly point out the wolves.

Seer: Your job after nightfall is to PM the Narrator to look into the heart of the game. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Also gets one vote a day. Your point of the game is to help the villagers win.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and there will be a tie breaker. Your point of the game is to kill off enough people to win.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Also gets one vote. You also help the villagers

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Each night you PM the narrator with who you want to protect from the werewolves. Same voting as other human players. Likewise helps villagers.

Other Info
Each time you just have to put *points to (name of vote)*, but being artistic won't be burdensome as long as the above syntax is included.

You don't create a character, you're playing as an in-game version of your z10 profile so the name will just be your screenname.

Every 'morning' I will post a description of who was mobbed, were-killed, etc. the previous day. I do think of myself as a good writer, so I'll try to give every death justice within my own creative freedoms. Feel free to give me advice, ideas, or actual deaths if you want.

The pace is usually pretty quick, so feel free to just drop a quick post when you don't have the time to type and edit it for style later.

I can’t really do anything about inactivity, so anyone who doesn’t post after two in-game days (or a week) will be killed.

Yes, people can lie, make false quotes, pm lies, and do whatever it takes to win. The whole fun is never knowing the truth, so if you're a werewolf you can vote like a villager. It may not be counted actually, but it's always good to mess with other people. Villagers may lie about being the seer to other villagers to gain a mental immunity, trusts can form and be disbanded. Basically it's the crowd's choice to what happens next.

This game WILL be starting Monday the 24th, or the morning of Day 1! Feel free to join below.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Mark Tavarian - A rotting corpse at the Sea Cliffs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
I wouldst join thine game. Or something.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

Tythanin
Member Avatar
Time to Spare
[ *  *  * ]
MAFIA TWO YOU SAY?!

I'm in. Hopefully I won't be the only person to die this time :V
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

Neuphim
Member Avatar
MIA
[ *  * ]
Ok, this time I'll really do something.
Posted Image

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
As I said in the other topic, I'm in.

Also, I have a suggestion: Maybe we should add another Werewolf to the roster. Personally, I was sure, we had 2 Werewolves during the first game, so I was kinda surprised, that we ended last one that quick. Both Werewolves should know each other, to protect themselves through the day, and they should decide who they should kill. The game would be a bit more complex, and killing one of the Werewolves wouldn't end the game after first day. What do you think?
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I had actually planned two the first game, but when I got around to posting out roles I went against my better judgement. But yeah, I'll definately do two, and since It's been only a little over an hour and I have four people hopefully this game will surge more than the last.

Also I still don't get the Mafia reference... :huh: Ah, always simpler than I figured. I assumed there was a pun or thinly veiled movie reference hidden in my introduction, but I couldn't figure it out. I'm not much of a mafia-in-the-media fan... But thanks, landlocked.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Saw the first one, and it caught my interest though unfortunately I arrived a wee bit too late in order to join.

Anyhow, I'm in.
Quote Post Goto Top

Pigeon Army
Member Avatar
is the Soul Machine.
[ *  *  * ]
IN BEFORE THE DEADLINE!
THE LIVING - V4
G087 - Rachel Gettys / Tambourine / The Groundskeeper's Hut / Babysitter: Ciel
B027 - Dustin Royal / Yatagan / Residential Area / Babysitter: Hollyquin
B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala / Astra 400 (9mm) [x3 magazines (8 round capacity)] / The Tunnels / Babysitter: Inky

THE DECEASED - V4
B097 - Max Neill / The Lighthouse

Posted Image

PIGE AND ARCH - SALES MASTERS!!!

landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
A lot of times the game's called "Mafia", it works exactly the same, but all the characters have different names. A lot of times people add weird new characters, too, like, somebody told me about one character called the Prostitute who can choose to sleep with somebody, although it has to be a different person round to round, and if she sleeps with somebody that has a power, she gets to use it instead for that round. Or something along those lines. But it'd probably be kind of confusing to start making up new characters now.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

Mysterious Od Guy
I'm Mysterious. And Od. Very, Very Od.
[ * ]
Sure, I'll try again.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageClick my eggs!

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oi. Bad news. I was going to start today, but it turns out I'm losing my internet services for at least a week. I'm going to try and stay active on the boards thanks to my friend Matt's computer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to host the games quite yet because all the info is on this one. I apologize and if my situation changes I'll definately let you guys know.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Looks like this is back and running! The game starts this Monday, but here's the opening post. If you still want to join go ahead, because I'll give out positions monday night. You can even post your 'character's' intro if you'd like, but no voting yet!

The stories drifted in slowly at first. Whispered breaths from travellers and drunk's tall tales. In a village but a few miles from here the countryside was ravished by a werewolf. The beast acted as a man at day, but came to terrorize and eat the villagers at night. Other villagers scoffed, no way there were beasts like that. It wasn't untill cattle started showing up mutilated, horribly disfigured and teared to pieces did anyone suspect the threat had come to them.

It started on people in the old tavern, the screaming echoing out through the landscape one night. Most ivllagers stayed in their homes, too terrified or suspicious to leave. As the sun came all the travellers and the barkeep himself were found dead, the bloodshed covering the room and all their faces open in half screams. The threat was real.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
You said it wasn't too late to join? If I still have time, I'd like to throw my name in here to join. Couldn't let you guys have all the fun now :D
Posted Image

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Alright Everyone, it's the beginning of Day 1! Feel free to vote, lie, and murder like every American! (lol) Anyway Night 1 will begin Thursday morning, so get those votes in! And remember, you don't have to be voting to post. Characterization and removal of blame can happen naturally. Also if you want to change your mind about a vote just vote a second time. I'll make sure only to count the most recent come Thursday. Happy Hunting!
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
((Heh... I guess I'll have to start again, because no one else wants to do it :P))

Yossarian had a very simple life: Make money on selling shoes, and lose them all in a local inn. Good deal, except form the time, when he had to run away from local tax collector.

On that night, he was spending time (and money) in 'Under the Dead Rat' inn. After 5th mug of his favorite ale, his world finally started to spin around. Yoss was happy again.

The whole inn was talking about Werewolves at that time. Apparently, they killed some traveler, and now everyone were accusing one another of being some fuzzy Wolf-men

-pfft... yea right... i told them, not to smoke that strange weed from that Druid last time... But nooooo... you just absolutely HAD to do it... and here's the result... Werewolves... sure... also Dwarfs, Vampires, and other shit...

-Actually, they're right. You have some Werewolves in your village...

-Wh're you? *hick*

-Me... I'm just a ghost of a milkman, who was killed in some other village exactly one year ago.

-Milkman? Great... now i have some mirag.... something...

-No... you're perfectly sane... except from being drunk. I only show myself to total retards, or drunk people, to stir in their head, and make them believe, that there IS a Werewolf near him... got it? There are Werewolves here! There are Werewolves here! There are Werewolves here! There are Werewolves here! There are Werewo...

-Hkay... I get it. Just leave me alone...

-As you wish...

The phantom disappeared.

Yoss tried to hear what other were talking about (probably only to show that stupid milkman, that he's interested, so he could get rid of him once and for all). When he least expect this, some local whore mentioned his name:

-And maybe it's that drunkard Yoss?

-scuse me? What did you said, you dirty whore? - Yoss stood up, and tried to go the group... he had small problems with it, but he could make it. Looks like, he didn't drank enough - I'm a Werewolf? Bah... do you have any sligh... small proof? Werewolf eats meat. I have my favorite cow steak everyday, with my usual drinks everyday in the inn. I have my meat. Why should I eat more? I'm stuffed anyway... But tell you what... I think I know, who's the guy... I'm a shoemaker. Werewolves don't wear shoes, aye? And there's only one guy, who didn't bought any single pair at my store...

He pointed the finger toward one of the customers

-That one... Qaz... that was his name? Never mind... Anyway, HE might be the one, we're looking for!
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply