Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The mystery of Death; signup
Topic Started: Nov 3 2008, 04:47 PM (775 Views)
Le Blue Dude
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
After an interesting exercise in my french class (An AARPG in french, fun non?) I had an idea for a offsides RP.

You, and the other characters, are all in a small village that's fairly cut off from outside contact. And someone's just been murdered. Each of you will have incomplete information on the others, and all of you will be woven together. I would like three to five applicants before starting, and I would like you all to PM me your character(s). I'm going to limit either two unrelated characters, or one faimly per person, then I'll disperse the information to each of you. I'll also arbitrarily link people together in various relationships with other people based off of their characters. Finaly the game will start. One of you will be the murderer. The goal of the others is to find out whom, the goal of the murderer is to not be found out before the path out of the village clears.

The setting's fairly simple: You're all in a small village in the canadian rockies, fairly close to Mount Columbia The road's already been blocked for a week from an avalanche, and at this point in winter the entire town is in the perpetual shadow of the mountain. Tensions are rising when the first murder occurs. Victoria Windson, a 20 year old, unmarried woman who was a teacher at the local high-school was found dead. Cause of death as of the start of the game is unknown, however as the local police investigate more details will become known. Now the local police are investigating, along with the assistance of an outsider who was trapped here who claims (And has ID to back it up) to be a ranking general investigator for the region's central police beureu named Clarence Goldstein. Basically a higher level of police then the local cops (Who mostly give tickets and make sure that the local restaurants are not stolen). This man starts digging, and no one wants their secretes revealed. Further the question of why he was here in the first place remains a blank.

You, and the other characters, decide to solve it before "Inspector Goldstein" does... to keep him from causing too much trouble. We're going to be working with a 'shortly prior to WW2' setting, so no computers, though telephones and telegraphs are fairly common.

(Edited as of 5:27 PM November 3rd for minor spelling error)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Huh... that sounds very interesting. Alright, you can count me in.

- Expect a pair of characters tomorrow, although I may squeeze one in today.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
REMOTE TERMINAL ACCESS ONLY
[ *  * ]
Neat, I'm in. You should have my charry in your inbox 'fore the hour turns.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Mark Tavarian - A rotting corpse at the Sea Cliffs

Le Blue Dude
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Awesome! That's two! One to three more then (More then five and things will likely get unwieldy)

Neuphim
Member Avatar
MIA
[ *  * ]
I'll join. It sounds like it'd kick ass.

I'll send in the character tomorrow.
Posted Image

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds good... count me in, soon I'll PM my char to you...

EDIT: Character PM'd. I'm ready to go...
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awrriight! We've got our numbers. Let's get those bios written guys! :)
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Le Blue Dude
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Superb. Anyway here's some further setting information for your assistance.
Name of town: Buckworth
Approx pop of town 6,000 people (children and adults)
Local library name: The Ernister Buckworth memorial Library
Highschool/gradschool: Buckworth Middle (public). A typical, small combined highschool and junior high, there's nothing particularly special about it. The school colors are, due to a much protested decision by the principal, purple and yellow. Approximatly 900 students. Virgina Windson taught here.
Religious boarding schools for all grades:
Elementry/preschools 1: Joseph Elementry: The north side combined elementry and preschool. Approx 800 students
Private religious school:
Saint Andrew's boarding school for boys and Saint Helga's boarding school for girls (Religious, private): serves mostly people from the smaller towns which don't have their own highschool. The two schools share some facilities, but, on paper are seperate instatutions with several teachers drawing wages from both. The girl's school's colors are green and white, the boy's school's colors are black and red. These are on the outskirts of town, and are, officialy speaking, on unanexed state land as opposed to in the town's land, still they're within 3 miles of the town, and they can still get to town, but can't get away. The two schools serve a wide range of student ages. The school is larger in total student headcount then the public highschool, but smaller per grade. approx 1,200 students (not counted as part of the city for census reasons (Including this school city pop reaches about 8,0000)
Main Industry: Iron mining, though the mines are much less full then they used to be. The Buickworth faimly owns the mines.
Secondary Industry: Logging and Sawmill.
Important locations:
Knoxworth's General store: The local pharmacy and gas station. Center of town in the only place that could be called 'downtown'
Buckworth city hall: Center of the town
The Buckworth mannor: To the north of town, once magestic these days it mostly looks worn.
Jame's: The local bar
Laura's inn: The local bed and breakfast, it's an open secret that some of Laura's maids acept cash.
The Bistro: The local fancy dining restarunt. Often used by the locals to make up after a fight when dating.
Han's Grocery: Self explanitory
More later, outta time right now

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Guess I jumped the gun a bit. :blink: Sory about that. I'll resend my cahracter after I make some light adjustments to setting. I think I'll wait until I find out more, just so I don't make any more mistakes.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well it doesn't look as though LBD is frequenting the forum any more, which is a bit of a shame (hasn't signed on for almost a fortnight)

Alrighty. I think this scenario is too fun to pass up. If you still care to take part, then PM your proposed characters to me (hopefully you saved the messages from when you sent them to LBD :o ) and I'll see if I can't get this running.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Darkling Perhaps
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Here here, your inbox will be a message more full from me shortly.
Hungry?
Posted Image
I brought leftovers...

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
'Kay, I guess this has dawdled enough. I'm giving it another day and then I'm going to set about getting the ball rolling. I'll keep sign-ups open for a reasonable interval after the whole thing starts, but once things start heating up they'll close, as I don't want somebody just showing up at the last minute to save the day or anything like that.

Be patient, and it won't be long before this murder mystery gets underway.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just a note here, as I'm sending information to all participants.

I don't want to sound overbearing, but I'm forbidding you to speak with each other or to outside parties about a couple of subjects. First off, you cannot tell anybody that you are/are not the killer, OOC. You'll know if you are, and know if you're not, but nobody else should know without their character finding out through proper investigation. Similarly, if you tell somebody not involved, well, who's to say they won't sign-up before the RP closes to new participants? Furthermore, ANYTHING in your PM's that I don't make public when I get the info thread up is to be known by you and you only. It's important that people don't find out various things ;)

So yeah, sorry to get all Rules Nazi on you there, but it's important to the health and overall fun of the RP.

Edit: Also, I know the names in the relationships won't make any sense to you yet. It's because they're other people's characters.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Deleted User
Deleted User

Can't wait for this, sorry if I sound impatient but when do you think it'll start?
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply