Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Black Math
Topic Started: Sep 17 2008, 04:33 PM (2,644 Views)
Solitair
Member Avatar
Where modesty's ill manners, 'tis but fit that impudence and malice pass for wit.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Margaret Tweedy continued from Complicated Questions))

It was all too ironic, really. These two girls, who existed solely to be kicked around by the world they know, would find out that they had a lot in common if they were to sit down and talk. But neither of them were inclined to open up to others, not when they'd been disappointed so many times before.

Margaret's 'Kill the Bitch' Cross-Country Tour made its next stop at the island barracks, and was forced to duck into one of the nearby buildings when Laeil started to raise her voice. It wasn't until she was safely inside that she noticed she'd stepped in the giant patch of gore that decorated the ground outside the barracks.

"Ew," she said as she scraped blood off her boots and onto a nearby crate. She noticed the occasional scrap of skin or bit of bone come off her sole. Christ, she hated it here.

Once finished, she stayed inside, listening to Laeil vent an ungodly amount of steam. She'd never really crossed paths with this girl before, and it was surprising to hear words that could have practically come from her own mouth shouted at the top of this girl's lungs.

She had to know more. Oh, sure, she could get killed by this girl and end up just a footnote in the program's progress, but was it really that much worse than the best case scenario? Her mind made up, Margaret stood up and walked out of the barracks with her musket firmly in hand, ready for a possible attack.

"Hey!" she yelled. "What you said just now... Do you really mean it?"
WickedIcon: i just launched a baby wearing a denim jacket and a bowler hat across a hospital, through a window, killing several patients, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, and finally coming to rest on the body of a presumably dead clown
WickedIcon: this is the best dollar i've spent in several years

chitoryu12I have yet to find gay sex that involves the men punching each other. I must not be on the internet enough

Turning Pages: Read some books along with me, why don't you?

V4:
Spoiler: click to toggle

V5:
Arthur Wells: The Artist ... ... ... ... ?
Rose Matheson: The Sprinter ... ?
Ilya Volkov: The Wrestler ... ... ... ... !
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
Where modesty's ill manners, 'tis but fit that impudence and malice pass for wit.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Margaret turned and saw a small, thin girl wearing... nothing, with tangled blond hair and glassy gray eyes. She's almost as ugly as I am, Margaret noted sardonically.

"No reason... You just made me realize something..." She walked over to the nearest wall, still keeping an eye on the other girl, then leaned against it, clearly exhausted. "I don't care anymore. I try and try to make my life not a piece of shit, and all they say is "No. Stay in the dirt. There's no room for you above the surface, you redneck bitch."

She chuckled nervously; the island was beginning to get to her. The days of waiting on the island, listening to the endless names paraded in front of her ears... She couldn't stand it anymore. "Why am I always the bad guy?" she shrieked. "My family never did anything wrong, but everyone treats us like shit! Why stop with us, Danya? Why not take California, put every one of those self-righteous, cappuccino-sipping cocksuckers here, too?"

By now tears were flowing freely from Margaret's eyes. Danya had won. Her spirit was broken, her tough front destroyed forever. By God, he would pay for this. He'd pay if she had to give her life in exchange for his...

"All this time I thought I was the only one..." Margaret looked at the girl with a sad smile on her face. She wiped her eyes dry with her sleeve and stood back up. "Everyone else deserves this place. But not us. Never us. We've had enough shit thrown at us to last a lifetime without HIS fucking game!" She swung the butt of the musket back into the barrack wall with a loud bang.
WickedIcon: i just launched a baby wearing a denim jacket and a bowler hat across a hospital, through a window, killing several patients, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, and finally coming to rest on the body of a presumably dead clown

chitoryu12I have yet to find gay sex that involves the men punching each other. I must not be on the internet enough

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Margaret nodded, doing her best to put on a stoic face for her new companion. "Alright," she said, and walked into the barracks. As bad as her situation was, Margaret had to admit that she was undamaged, for now. This girl had clearly been through much more action than she had, and had far worse luck.

"So," she asked the gray-eyed girl after getting out of the rain. "We're killing. Who's on your list?"

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Margaret gave the new kid a passing glance before nodding. "If it's okay with her," she told him. "I'd love to see Melina dead, too." Unlike Laeil, Margaret didn't care who killed her archenemy as long as it was somebody. And she got to watch.

"Which Angels are you talking about?" she asked the boy. "Are they really a serious threat, or just dangerous as a group?"

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Margaret nodded and took in Laeil's description of the so-called 'Angels'. She learned both that Laeil must have encountered them before, and that Melina was not only a witch, she was as mad as a hatter.

"I'd recommend taking him up on his offer," she advised Laeil. "And mine, too. If Melina's got a group, you need one of your own to take her down."

She collected her things and walked back to the building's entrance. "Either way, we should get moving soon. It's almost dawn. Melina could be anywhere right now, and the longer we wait, the more weapons she and her friends could collect."

As she waited for Laeil's answer, she regarded the boy suspiciously. His appearance was a bit too convenient for her tastes. For all she knew, he could plan on betraying his allies as soon as he got a good enough weapon. It's what she would do, or so she was beginning to think. Then again, Laeil herself wasn't too keen on making friends. "Probably best if we split up again after the fact, too. We won't really need each other then, unless you can suggest anyone else to hunt."

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solitair
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Margaret gave Morgan a curt nod and walked out the barracks door, never breaking eye contact with him as she did so. Once out, she paused and began to take out her musket and its accessories.

She knew enough about how to load the thing to make a decent attempt at it herself. She took the flask of gunpowder and poured about a tablespoon's worth into the barrel of the gun, then tamped it down with her ramrod. Finally, she dropped the ball into the chamber, hearing land on the compressed powder with a satisfying little thud. Now she was ready to fight for her life.

It didn't matter to her who killed Melina, really, just as long as someone did it. If Laeil wanted dibs, that was fine with Margaret. But if Laeil should fail, she wanted the next shot.

((Margaret Tweedy continued in A Moment's Hesitation/The Pedestrian))

V4:

V5:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Barracks · Next Topic »
Locked Topic