Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
v4 Concepts Relapse; Spam and I'll eat you
Topic Started: Aug 22 2008, 02:22 AM (33,555 Views)
Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
choic
Aug 23 2008, 01:31 AM
RaggedDruid
Aug 23 2008, 01:22 AM
I ought to do a character blog for Carson. He has his DS with him; it wouldn't be too insane for him to have the DS Web Browser and for there to be a weak wi-fi hotspot nearby.

I don't really think it would work on the island too well, Danya & his happy terrorist gang seem like they have their bases covered pretty well. I'm pretty sure there's zero cell & wi-fi service on the island

edit: also, I just realized something else. If I remember correctly Opera for the DS was released late in the summer in 07, right? & the game is taking place early in the summer of 07 I think. So there wouldn't be internet access from the DS anyway

Yeah, he basically said it all.
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mandy Rin
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
laZardo
Aug 22 2008, 10:24 PM
On a less Troy McCann-ish note, about the only tough-tried-and-thorough tough guy character I can think of for v4 is a neo-Nazi skinhead.

Because SotF needs moar racists.

Don't you be stealing my idea now...
V4 Alive
Jessica Lee

V3 Dead
G70 - Amanda Redder (shot in the chest)

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Crash
Aug 23 2008, 01:04 PM
choic
Aug 23 2008, 01:31 AM
RaggedDruid
Aug 23 2008, 01:22 AM
I ought to do a character blog for Carson. He has his DS with him; it wouldn't be too insane for him to have the DS Web Browser and for there to be a weak wi-fi hotspot nearby.

I don't really think it would work on the island too well, Danya & his happy terrorist gang seem like they have their bases covered pretty well. I'm pretty sure there's zero cell & wi-fi service on the island

edit: also, I just realized something else. If I remember correctly Opera for the DS was released late in the summer in 07, right? & the game is taking place early in the summer of 07 I think. So there wouldn't be internet access from the DS anyway

Yeah, he basically said it all.

May '07, so late Spring or early Summer.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heh. None of my characters are either me or people I know, not even based. I've never really seen the attraction to that, although I don't hate on the inserts, just saying it's not something I'd personally do.

Quote:

For the record, I never knew the Blazn Azn or the Finnisher or any of those other psychos. I just think it'd be interesting to develop normal characters with curiously similiarly-sounding names to those psychos and might share a couple of their habits but NOT their personalities (even after a significant amount of ingame break-in.)

He wasn't suggesting anything like that, I don't know where that came from. Also, I agree in that it's somewhat tasteless. To be honest LaZ it strikes me as unescessary.

Quote:

I be...uh...middle-age school, beyotch. Don't be dissin 'cuz I ain't one-a them V3 noobs ain't been broken in yet.

Pfft, there's plently of v3-ites who have been around for quite a while. Ciel, Aaron, Trish, Mimi and myself, par exemple.

@Solitair: I'd totally read that.

@People in general, including self: Let's nuuudge this back on topic now shall we?

I'm toying with adding pacifism to the rich guy character, like, real, honest to good stuff. Probably happened before, but to the point where he might get attacked and have it be something huge even for him to throw a punch. (I sense Pregame scene)
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lexi
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I have an idea for a girl who lies to someone about being pregnant with their child so that they will protect her, yet she uses him to look after her while she goes around manipulating him so that they will take out stronger players while she picks off weaker players. It gives a slant on the whole murderous couple thing as they actually have a "motive" to protect their child. It fufills the pregnant teen slot anyway.

(Also woo first post!)

Crash
Member Avatar
Power Bottom
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really like that idea, Lexi.
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off

El Duque
Member Avatar
I Suck At Writing to Justify Doing It for Free
[ *  *  * ]
Well, if I can pull it off, the main concept that I'm kind of looking forward to v4 is a bit different than my standard character: he's quiet. A kid whose father was a starving artist and who was homeschooled most of his life and this year is his first time, well meeting kids his age, socializing, and all that stuff. He'd be a bit of an agoraphobe, not neccessarilly Alice Jones' potential awkwardness, but fairly awkward and overall just be kind of a blank slate for me to develop.

"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” - Charlie Murphy

v7
Ace Beats: Varsity Blues - Wale
C.C. Mac: I Do - Cardi B

Shiola
Member Avatar
IDDQD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shall post Alex Rasputin's rough profile?

Y/N?
V7:
Erika P. Stieglitz
Tyrell K. Lahti
Caroline S. Ford
Henry A. Sparks

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No.

Mainly because - it's still v3.

We should ALL be focusing on V3 still, and not V4.

---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Y

I might be picking up a new webcam at Staples tomorrow, so Jackson's video blog is looking more likely

edit: aww, poo

Shiola
Member Avatar
IDDQD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
d0ddi0slave
Aug 24 2008, 10:01 PM
No.

Mainly because - it's still v3.

We should ALL be focusing on V3 still, and not V4.

I'm really just writing it in between posts - it's fairly disjointed.
V7:
Erika P. Stieglitz
Tyrell K. Lahti
Caroline S. Ford
Henry A. Sparks

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
THY DUNGEONMAN

YOU ARE THY DUNGEONMAN!

"Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a SCROLL. Behind ye scroll is a FLASK. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTH and DENNIS."

Y
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Shiola
Member Avatar
IDDQD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's a bit disjointed because more or less it's a "concept sketch" of the character, and because i've been writing it in between posts on different days. friendly critique would be appreciated.

*see below*
V7:
Erika P. Stieglitz
Tyrell K. Lahti
Caroline S. Ford
Henry A. Sparks

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seems pretty Sue-ish to me, Waffle. The bio seems to revolve around all these incidents instead of the actual character. That's the major problem. The minor problems are 1) the assailants all seem to lack any motivation past getting the guy injured for the sake of the bio, 2) Alex's reactions are ludicrous, 3) there isn't really much information about the actual guy.

The whole thing doesn't say much for his parents, either, who you'd think would be a little more protective of their son after being shot and stabbed and whatnot.

I'd suggest lessening the amount of incidents because it just seems overly contrived.
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard

Shiola
Member Avatar
IDDQD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you.
V7:
Erika P. Stieglitz
Tyrell K. Lahti
Caroline S. Ford
Henry A. Sparks

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pre-Game Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply