Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OFFICIAL SOTF CHATROOM
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 10:16 PM (22,917 Views)
nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Did the password change? Faust won't work for me anymore
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We should all start calling ginge Newbie. It would be really funny. Trust me.

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just got off a VC with some of the biggest lamers ever. Wow. Seriously.

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back to being a broken record about this, but I've seen other staff have to warn some of you about this lately, so I'm saying it again.

DO NOT INSULT OTHER HANDLERS IN THE CHAT. DO NOT GOSSIP ABOUT THEM. DO NOT CRITICIZE HANDLERS OR THEIR CHARACTERS IN A NON-CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER. DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT OR HARASS OTHER MEMBERS. THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE REQUEST.

Honestly, people. This crap should be kept in private convos, not smeared all over the public chat. If you can't conduct yourselves in remotely adult-like manners, I don't see any reason why we should have a chatroom to begin with.

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That wasn't the incident that directly sparked the "Jamesrage". I specifically told the person in question that, in fact. This has been over the past two months or so. That's why I didn't mention anything specific. I totally understand where you're coming from with all of that, but... that's not what I was addressing. Please actually talk to me about stuff like this in the future before making assumptions. Thanks! :wub:

If people are criticizing characters, that's fine. If it's not constructive & it's derogatory, like it has been too frequently, that's not fine. That doesn't encourage people to improve the next time around. That scares them away. That's not cool. I'm not trying to censor anyone, I'm trying to ask adults to act like adults. That's not too much to ask, I hope. :unsure:

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Adam: Agreed 300%, except on the adults bit. Many of us may not be legal adults, but that doesn't mean we can't act maturely & respectfully towards one another.

@Dan: Dude, none of that was meant to seem rude, so if it did I apologize. I though you were speaking only in terms of what happened earlier today. My statement had little to do with that.

As for the rest: like I said, I'm not criticizing criticism. I'm calling out people on direct harassment. It's gone too far a few times in the recent past & I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

Honestly, I just want to ask people to think in terms of how they want to be treated. That's like, the golden rule you're supposed to learn as a kid. If you would be furious/heartbroken/etc to see criticism or gossip about you or your characters in the chat, refrain from doing so yourself. MSN, AIM, other chats, etc. would be better suited for that kind of thing in cases like that.

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
chatango is really lame, not gonna lie.

we should all just get on chatroulette & see if we can find each other!!!

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i'm a tumblin' & a googlin', I'll see if I can find something nicer in the event that chatzy does not un-lame itself in the foreseeable future

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For anyone using Firefox, Chatzilla is nice & easy to use. Opera also has a nice built-in IRC client~

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
firefox users can just use chatzilla. it's about a billion times less irritating

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chatzilla/

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dom
Feb 2 2011, 04:27 PM
Problem is not everyone uses Firefox. An external client would be the best bet, although that wouldn't help the issues on SLR's end.
no, everyone does things my way &they are stupid otherwise

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SLR has been about ten times as reliable as anything we've tried so far, unless someone found a magical fairy solution while I was gone

besides, STATS STATS STATS :wub:

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My only problem with the backup chat is, can it be accessed with clients other than Mibbit if it's hosted there? I'm not really sure how that works, but Mibbit's never been really friendly with me, so that'd suck if I had to use it exclusively. Maybe I'm in the minority tho

Also, Chatzy was awesome, but obv. not an option anymore :c

I also wanna point out that (& maybe this is just me again) after how burned we were by editthis, I think it's pretty cool that we're in a network run by a smaller group that'll actually tell us what's going on when something's up (like with the bot attacks awhile ago). If we can find a genuinely better option, that'd be awesome, but SLR has been pretty cool to us so far.

nope
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
cool, thumbs up on a mibbit chat then~ if we ever do move, i still don't see any point/reason to atm. but i've also only been back for a few weeks, so if it's gotten really bad lately i probably sound like an ass right now c:

& eh, chatzy doesn't really do a whole lot special to warrant paying the fees. they were decent as a free service

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply