Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OFFICIAL SOTF CHATROOM
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 10:16 PM (23,594 Views)
Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Honestly James, I do agree with you but there has to be a line drawn. This goes for everyone, be it admins, mods, members, newbies, people who haven't joined but keep reading "She Bop" due to their love of hardcore internet lesbian rape:

The SOTF Chatroom is a place to discuss SOTF with fellow members. It has since become a place to just shoot the shit with other members. The thing is, these applications from people are part of SOTF and should be discussed as such. After speaking to a couple people about the incident today that sparked Jamesrage, I actually have to say I agree with the person who did the bashing.

It has become quite clear that new members are NOT taking the time to read over the guidelines and checklists that the admins and staff team have compiled and worked hard on to help people into the approval process. Yes I understand it is hard to make a new character, I was a newbie once too. The thing is, if you are showing blatant disregard for the things that are being so overly stressed for V4 that is seriously no longer funny, prepare to be denied and talked about (possibly in a negative way).

I think what you all have to remember is that if your character or character concept is being talked about whether it is in a negative form or positive form, I think you all need to develop some thicker skin. This is the internet. Shit will be talked. I cannot count how many times when the chat first started that I'd join the chat and find that someone was chirping John Rizzolo. You know what I did? I didn't bitch at the person. I didn't start driving my whaaaaaambulance all the way to the board. I looked at their comments and thought, "Are they right? Am I really making this mistake?" Guess what? Most of the time I really was, and I'd like to think that because of these bashing comments, I was able to turn John around and make him pretty entertaining.

It all gets back to my opinion on the matter. Start reading the fucking guidelines or get some thicker skin.

**This rant, while endorsing discussion of characters whether it be negative or positive, DOES NOT endorse bashing of handlers directly. Any out of line comments directed towards your fellow members will be dealt with in a way that makes puppies cry blood.**
Is in...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Firstly:
Quote:

Please actually talk to me about stuff like this in the future before making assumptions.

I made no assumptions. Like I said, I talked to people about it and decided to formulate my own opinion on what I've noticed. So to quote you: "Please talk to me before you make assumptions about my assumptions." Kthx.

Secondly: I used Jamesrage thinking you'd understand I was making a Chatzy reference to your "Raaaaage" quote-thing you do.

Thirdly: I do have to ask you though. Why can't people be harsh to others who are showing blatant disregard for all of the help that is offered to them before they even post. I don't know if you think the same way I do, but this RP is an intermediate to advanced (and I'd put it way closer to advanced) level of role-playing. In fact after I'm done here, I'm making a sticky that clearly states this fact. I look at these profiles that people have clearly done no research by reading the stickies, looking at approved profiles, PMing mods, admins, other members for advice, and it makes me wonder why we as staff members should even review them? I believe it to be a little disrespectful (as well as lazy) that people can't take the extra 15-20mins to do some background reading.

We have enough problems with getting everything else done since we are already behind that we, and I mean everyone not just staffers, should expect that people do their research. These problems would ALL be avoided.

Take a university class for example. Now I know most of the members are not that age yet, but this is just for example's sake. University (College for you Yanks) is an advanced level of academia. If you submit a paper that clearly doesn't follow the guidelines you are not going to reviewed or talked about lightly. There will be glaring comments and reviews.

That is like this role-play. Submissions that show blatant ignorance for the hard work by the community that makes SOTF the strong, emotional, intense roleplay should expect to receive that kind of attitude in return.

I for one am tired of having to baby-people along on this site due to their own personal laziness.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a sticky to write and a staff forum post make.

Wheeler...Awaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Is in...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply