Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OFFICIAL SOTF CHATROOM
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 10:16 PM (22,969 Views)
I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Try it again, TDS.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright. Let's be straight up, here, guys.

James is right. It's not nice to criticise the characters of other people, especially wide open and in chat. We've all done it, we're all guilty of it, and I'm not just talking about all the times people rip on Alexia Morgan or whatever. There's been a ton of times that someone'll be bashing a character, be it Trish, be it JR, be it whomever, and then the handler comes into chat and it's awkward. We should try and avoid being total pricks and assholes to other people about their characters, and even moreso, the handlers themselves.

That being said...

Dan is also 100% correct. People need to grow a thicker skin. The fact of the matter is that we're an online Internet roleplaying group. We're a fairly large one. There are going to be people who have opinions about other people's characters that aren't favourable. Sometimes it's harsh, sometimes it's constructive, and sometimes people aren't going to be all that happy with what other people are saying. Fact is, though, that not everyone's going to agree on what they think a good character is! We as handlers need to grow a thicker skin, and just let shit roll off our backs if someone doesn't like our characters. Yeah, if someone says something that say, directly rips on someone's writing style - yeah, for sure...mods should get involved. But say just because Dan really, really can't stand Adam Dodd the character for reason X or reason Y...that's his opinion, and he's entitled to it.

We aren't going to police you guys in the chat. At least, I don't expect it of the mods, unless something serious goes on, and even then...

Fact is, people are going to talk shit about characters, whether we like it or not. We can say - please try to refrain from it, but we can't police it. Let's all try and act mature in the chat, and lets all try and grow a bit of a thicker skin. Fact is, we're NOT all adults here, so to expect everyone to act like one is a little too much. But asking everyone to act mature - that'd be awesometacular.

If you can't handle a little criticism, and you can't handle being civil in the chat most of the time, then you should probably just stay out of there to begin with; it makes it easier for everyone.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Definitely glitched out for me but has seemed to reappear after a moment or two.

I'm on my phone app though, so ... *shrug*
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply