Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Fade Into You
Topic Started: Mar 1 2008, 02:45 PM (3,055 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Ric continued from Fuck the Game)

Ric felt very much like a spare part, albeit one which was hanging off the edge of whatever machine he cared to add to the metaphor. He was slow compared to the rest of the group, merely meandering through the jungle, just barely keeping in sight of the others. Eventually, he caught up, which he was relieved at, only to see a girl talking with Neil, which he was not.

Ric didn't know why, but tears irritated him. The reason for this seemingly inexplicable dislike was in fact, a rather selfish one, by all accounts - he didn't believe anybody else deserved tears. Few, he felt, had life quite as bad as he did. On the other hand, this was SOTF, and people were dying, so perhaps he should allow some sympathy for her...

Entering the room, Ric looked at Evan, then Nigel - whom he had barely even met properly, then wheeled and narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"I'm going to 'bed'," he said shortly, walking through the front room and into a likely looking seprate room before collapsing onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. So what if everybody thought he was weird or antisocial? It was the truth.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Urgh... Just shut up... please...

"I can't handle this," Ric said aloud to himself softly. Every sound set his nerves on full alert, and he couldn't relax for even a second. Despite the fact he was in a seperate room to the others, he could still hear them loud and clear, and for some reason, that didn't sit well with him. The fact was, Ric was an antisocial person, very much so, he didn't like being around people, especially in this kind of situation.

Riic shuddered, he could imagine right now... just as they had concealed their planning from Danya with the journal, even now they could be silently plotting to kill him. Neil, Nadine, Evan, Nigel... it was just a trick! He had to get out, had to-

Hello again. It was the same voice as before, just as annoying, even more intrusive, if that was even possible, which Ric couldn't believe was true. How could you get more intrusive than the inside of your own head? His reply, needless to say, was emphatic.

Oh FUCK off! There was a suggestion of a snigger, which irritated Ric more, and the voice, when it spoke again, was decidedly smug.

I'd tell you that talking to yourself was the first sign of madness, but it would be like telling a blind person looking into the sun was bad for your vision...

Terrific, not only am I hearing voices in my head, but they seem hell-bent on pissing me off more than I actually am. Tch... If I wasn't crazy before, then you're most certainly sending me on my way to become insane. If being in SOTF wasn't enough, Ric had to contend with an incredibly irritating voice which, according to itself, was actually a past version of Ric. He paused to contemplate this for a moment: no wonder people thought he was crazy... it was true.

...No gratitude? That's what I get for helping you Ric. Not a word of thanks, a complete lack of appreciation... Ric heard that with no small degree of incredulity.

What have I got to thank you for!? Making this whole ordeal even more difficult than it already is!? The Spaniard, as Ric had come to think of him (stemming from his initial introduction as 'Super Spaniard' Ric), sounded somewhat affronted when he replied.

How about allowing you to retrain any vestiges of sanity you had left? Believe it or not, you were about to throw a fit. The pressure's getting to you Ric. What's your choice? You can take the voice in your head and the attendant irritation - since you don't appear to like my company very much, or you can go completely mad. Your choice.

Ric thought for a very brief moment on this.

Spaniard?

Yup? The Spaniard sounded intruiged, as if he had not entirely expected Ric to make a reply so quickly.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Ric roared, then cut himself off, eyes springing open wide. Had he just...? Had he just shouted that out loud? How the hell was he going to explain that kind of outburst!?
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ric's mind had been running at a thousand miles per hour - desperately attempting to come up with some kind of rational explaination for his outburst, but none of them were favourable. Strangely enough, he didn't particularly want Neil, or indeed any of the others finding out that he was embroiled in a blazing argument with a voice in his head.

Now look at what you've done! Ric told the Spaniard in an accusatory fashion, before silently cursing. Not only was he hearing voices, but he was acknowledging them and blaming them for things he was doing.

Excuse me? If you hadn't decided to get all mouthy then you wouldn't have got yourself in this situation in the first place. And for your information, I don't appreciate being referred to as 'The Spaniard' make it... Juan.

My brother? Screw you. I know that technically you're a part of me, but so help me, if you keep dragging those memories up I'm going to kick your ass.

Right, because that really makes sense, doesn't it? Besides, it's my job to bring up uncomfortable memories, stops you going mad...

If you have a real job up there in my head I'm firing you right now.

Ha... we'll discuss terms of my 'employment' later Ric, you have to deal with Neil first.

Ric blinked, then focused, realising that Neil was indeed standing before him, and had directed a quesiton at him. Ric knew that he had to lie, at least for the time being. He doubted that Neil would responde positively to the news that one of his group was becoming severely unhinged...

"Sorry," Ric said softly. "I'm so tired, I think I started hallucinating. Either that or it was some kind of nightmare. Sorry man, won't happen again, I just need to catch a few, then I'll be fine," Ric harboured a hope that 'Juan' had been brought about by a lack of sleep and sheer fatigue.

I should be so lucky.

Shut up.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ric didn't know why he reacted the way that he did to Nadine's taunts and subsequent departure, but the derision in her voice made him boil over with anger, and he literally leapt from the bed and sprinted after her as fast as his legs would carry him. It didn't matter that they had very little chance of succeeding - they had to try, at least, otherwise, as Nadine had said, they might as well just lay down and die...

This isn't a good idea. Juan interjected as Ric burst from the doors of the cottage and took off after Nadine.

Well, if you're right, I'll buy you a drink.

.... That makes no sense. How can you buy me a drink when I'm a part of your mind?

I've decided I have a 'brain bar'

Say what now?

My head, my rules. Ric concluded, a tough smugly at having finally got one up on the persistant voice in his head.

(Ric continued (or rather, ended) in: Misery's end)
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Small Cottage · Next Topic »
Locked Topic