Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Fade Into You
Topic Started: Mar 1 2008, 02:45 PM (3,032 Views)
RePeate
Member Avatar
GOD AMONG MEN, REAPER OF... GAHHH!! HAND CRAMP!!
[ *  *  * ]
((Continued from Fuck the Game))

Evan made sure to follow in Neil's footsteps, not because he was scared of getting lost and being alone, but because if someone were to go in first, it damn well wasn't going to be him. As bravado as Evan tried to portray himself, the truth of the matter was that he was far too vain to shed his sense of self-preservation. There were times when he'd openly refer to himself as "God's gift to the world". His friends found it unamusing, and it was the likely reason Evan couldn't get along with just anybody. It took a strong person to deal with his mighty ego.

His thoughts turned to his friends, and he wondered what they were up to at this very moment. He wondered if Gabe had found Kara and Steve already (as he had no doubt he'd go off and be the first to find them). He wondered if they were hurt, or scared, how undoubtedly Kara would be freaking out about the whole situation. He thought of Viki, and how much he'd enjoyed their single night of Lazer Tag together. He wondered what his parents were doing at home; if they were scared shitless at his disappearance. In a way he felt guilty for undoubtedly causing them such grief. His relationship with his parents had visibly been pretty shallow, but deep down he loved them more than anybody.

His mind was distracted at the appearance of Nadine; a student Evan knew quite well from school, but didn't particularly care for much. Evan was the type of guy to make snap judgements based on first impressions, and to him Nadine seemed to be pretty ordinary, if not a bit too ordinary for his tastes. But then, he didn't REALLY know her. He moved over beside Neil, attempting to overhear what the two might have been talking about. As he did so, he spotted yet another camera mounted in the corner of the room, it's lights silently flickering to show it was recording their every move. "Hold on guys, let me take care of this one" he said, more so out of affirmation that he wasn't about to make any sudden threatening movements for the sake of their new companion. He reached up and grabbed the camera mounting with both hands and tugged hard. It came off with a jostle, taking some pieces of paint from the walls with it. He then turned to the others and said "What do we want to do with this?".

He held the camera in his hands. It was about the size of a grapefruit, and he could hear the lens auto-correcting from the movement. No doubt these things were pretty expensive, what with being wireless and pretty decently automated. He stared into the lens, wondering if somewhere one of Danya's associates was looking back at him. Maybe this was being broadcast on the internet or something, he didn't know. For all he knew, the world could be watching him right back. His natural vanity got the better of him, and he adjusted his hair and smiled into the camera, turning his face every so gently to the right (to show his good side). He then threw the camera hard to the ground. It didn't break, unsurprisingly. Danya must have picked something he knew would survive any harsh weather or unconmitted collateral damage caused by students. Still, Evan grabbed the heaviest thing he could find (which happened to be a nearby fire log), and proceeded to smash the camera. "Sorry about that guys... another one down, right?"
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
<HR WIDTH ="30%" ALIGN=left>
<font color=green>Currently In-Game: Evan Angler, Gabe McCallum
<font color=red>Currently Deceased: Alex Steele, Monique St.Claire
<font color=white>On Standby:
<font color=red> <I>Oh, so I see the floor is here...</I>
</body>
Offline Profile Goto Top

RePeate
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Finally, some tail in this damned sausagefest....

"Hi Nadine... I'm Evan. I think we had math together", Evan said, extending a hand out of instinct. He knew formalities were trivial in their present situation, but decided to be courteous anyways. Hopefully he could shake his reputation as an asshole long enough to get off this island in one piece. "Uh, welcome aboard... I guess" he said, somewhat at a lack of where to take things conversationally. "So, uh, guys... we need a plan. I think we should rest here a bit, maybe eat something and then move on. A place like this is prime for people wandering around."

He unslung his bag and let it fall to the ground. He unzipped it and pulled out what seemed to be a bag of trail mix, or some such thing, and a bottle of water and began to snack. It wasn't until he'd eaten the first handful of dried nuts and fruit that he realized just how hungry he was. What's it been? A day since I've eaten anything? Jesus... this game... I can barely function. Speaking of which...

"Hey guys, I'm going around back to take a leak. Don't leave without me", he said, laughing slightly. In all honesty, he felt Neil was probably too keen to have his little team together to leave without Evan anyway. Evan left his pack inside, and popped around back, where he promptly undid his fly and relieved himself on the side of the cottage. He sighed loudly in relief. It had been a while since he'd last gone to the bathroom. In fact, he hadn't done so since arriving on the island. He finished up, gave it a few quick shakes, and zipped back up.

Wow, I hadn't realized what a pleasant day it is...
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
</body>
Offline Profile Goto Top

RePeate
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Evan wandered back inside the cottage after hearing Ric's fitful screaming, but saw that Neil was already talking to him and so decided it was likely nothing. He strode into what used to be a quaint little kitchen, and pulled one of the chairs out from the kitchen table to grab a seat. I wish i had a cold one right now... that'd hit the spot. He tilted his chair back in the fashion he normally would, allowing himself to balance on two chair legs while kicking his feet up on the table. His arms felt a bit tired, so he casually slid them into his pockets. And that's when he felt it. A tiny plastic ball, waded up in the corner of his pocket, tucked away so well that it wasn't likely to be found by anyone frisking him. His attitude immediately perked up a bit, as he remembered just what that little bundle was. A smile creased his face.

He planted his feet firmly back on the ground, and pulled the wad out of his pants just to make sure. He wasn't wrong. "Yes!" he said, triumphantly to himself. What he held in his hand was a small rock a cocaine, carefully wrapped in celophane. Finally, something goes my way! He placed the ball on the table and slowly unwrapped it, making sure nobody could see what he was doing. Thankfully Neil was in the bedroom talking to Ric, and Nadine didn't seem to be anywhere within his field of vision, so he began breaking the small rock apart with his finger. Oh yes, God I needed this! The small piece of coke broke easily in his fingers into loose power. There were more chunks than Evan generally felt comfortable snorting up his nose, but now was not the time to be picky. Time was of the essence. Placing one finger against his nose to pich his nostral shut, he quietly and smootly inhaled the small line he'd laid out for himself.

Oh this IS a good day.... he thought to himself, smiling, as he wrapped the rest back up and put it back into his pockets. He then proceeded to lean back in his chair and wait for the drug to take effect, a huge grin plastered across his face.
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
</body>
Offline Profile Goto Top

RePeate
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Seeing everyone run off was a bit unsettling for Evan. What the? I turn my back for one second... Did something scare them? "Hello?!" he shouted in the empty cottage, one would expect because he'd wanted to know if anyone was still there, but for him it was to reassure himself nobody else had come after them. "Anybody here? No? OK!" he shouted again, starting to feel the buzz from the drugs kicking in.

I guess that's the end of that.... now I can probably have some luck finding Gabe and the others...

He picked up his pack and made for the door, closing it behind him (really out of habit than a survival decision).

((Evan Continued in You Can Run...))
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
</body>
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Small Cottage · Next Topic »
Locked Topic