Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Fade Into You
Topic Started: Mar 1 2008, 02:45 PM (3,003 Views)
LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
((Continued from The Legend of the Flower of Woe))

Nadine made well sure that the meadow was well behind her before she finally took a moment to rest, crouching against the old fence, as a cover of sorts while she got her bearings.

That kid...what was he thinking? Was he on some kind of high, or was he just simply delusional? Well in any case, he didn't really matter right now. If he died? So what. He wasn't worth her time. She didn't need to hang around an instable kid...

...What wouldn't she do for a weapon like that though.

She remembered listening to the announcements as that Mister Danya person's voice came on... Well, Galen's name wasn't among the ones killed, so she supposed that was good enough for now at least. Quite a few people dead already... people were sure getting into the game rather quickly.

...If her name was EVER to come up on the announcements, it WON'T be in the list of the dead, Nadine assured herself of that.

Where was she now? That was the most important thing. Well it appeared to be a cottage... and it LOOKED empty, but appearances can be deceiving, yes?

Well, Nadine didn't WANT to be alone. She wanted someone beside her at all times... preferably someone with a good weapon and without ANY sort of homicidal intent whatsoever. If Galen had gotten his hands on a good weapon, wherever he was right now, that would be just ideal. Of course, Nadine would have to find him first...

It was a bit of a struggle to climb over the old, rotting fence, and she frowned slightly as her sundress was snagged slightly. Was there a back door? Approaching the cottage to the front seemed a bit well...indiscreet to her.

Well, no backdoor... but there was window left open. Looking through it, she crawled into the frame and climbed into the room...which appeared to be a bedroom of sorts.

...Nadine hoped the plumbing here worked, though it was probably too much to hope for.

Just as she went over to rest on the bed, sitting on it, she heard voices...and the sound of footfalls coming inside.

.... Ooh. Other people. Maybe they had some good weapons on them? Then again, Nadine personally hoped that they weren't playing... she crept carefully to the door that lead from the bedroom to the living room where she'd heard a voice, and poked her head outside.

"Um...hello? Am I intruding? ...One of the windows in the back was open."
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Alive: Julie Mikan(at the Marsh), Alice Jones(at the Jailhouse)

Dead: Luke Rowan, Nadine Willowbrook, Galen Neilson

v4: Mina "Yulin" Bathory, Gwynnes "Gwyn" Whitaker
Offline Profile Goto Top

LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
At Neil’s question, Nadine immediately shook her head, and in the moment that followed she stared at him as she stayed partially hidden behind the door, as though using it as some sort of protection. The look she gave him was of fear and vulnerability as she watched his every move, as though ready to run if he came any closer.

“No! I’d never kill anyone….never,” There were tears in her eyes as she said this, and she even drew back, looking rather affronted that the other boy could suggest such a thing, that this harmless-looking and petite girl that was Nadine could ever be capable of such an act.

She continued to stare in fear as two more boys made their way into the room, cringing abit as the camera was thrown to the ground and smashed to bits. “What…what are you doing? You’re not going to kill me are you? I don’t have anything! …I swear. My boyfriend’s missing, everyone’s dying, and I don’t know what to do! Just please don’t kill me…”

Her face turned away to press against the palm of her hand, tears flowing from her eyes as they shut tight. Her narrow shoulders shuddered a bit as she started sobbing, the picture of utter helplessness.

…By God and all that is holy, she had BETTER win an Oscar for this…
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Offline Profile Goto Top

LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
Nadine appeared to cringe slightly, as though in fear or in apprehension as Neil suddenly approached her, though he still maintained a distance a bit. She looked at him with a certain wariness and nervousness in her eyes, as though she wanted to trust him, but was too afraid of what he might do.

Surprise came for her though as she blinked at the notebook being handed to her. Her eyes widened as the read the words, and she stared at him, as though not knowing what to make of this.

"I-" She covered her mouth, her mannerisms indicating that she realized why exactly they were writing in a notebook instead of making their statements audible. Nadine appeared to deliberate somewhat, hesitating, before she slowly nodded, then smiled at him. She looked relieved, and somewhat reassured.

"Um...I don't think we've met...I'm Nadine Willowbrook. Your name is...?"

She quickly wrote a number of words of her own, and passed the notebook back to him.

Can we do it? Can we really escape? She looked to him, eyes wide with hope.

Inside? She was laughing in derison.

Were these people stupid? Hasn't that been done and tried in the last two games several times with all instances ending with misery and failure?

Ridiculous....you can't win a game if you don't play.

Still...she'd rather much hang around these people than a bunch of killers, anyways...
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Offline Profile Goto Top

LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
Nadine looked towards Neil, frowning in confusion at the name of the band, then shook her head. "No, sorry, I don't..." She smiled a bit apologetically, she hadn't heard of the band at all before now. She looked towards the notebook, raising her eyebrows. Well, they seemed rather hopeful about escaping....

But we'll see... She thought to herself mildly.

Casually, out of curiousity it seemed, she began flipping over the previous pages of the notebook without asking, reading exactly what has been said amongst the group before now. All of it. Her lips twisted slightly, it was an interesting read, really. It was little surprise why they wanted it hid away from Danya.

Wonder what would happen if it were to be revealed to the cameras, or read aloud? Nadine milled over the possibility as she thought. Could it be that certain people....would get killed? This notebook could be just about another card she would have to play carefully.

She didn't give back the notebook, though she seemed complacent enough to hand it towards anyone who asked for it. Looking towards Evan, she smiled a bit. "Yes, we were in the same math class, I think." She took the hand shyly. "And a plan would be nice, I think."

Nadine looked back towards Neil, who seemed to be the leader of the group...for whatever reason. "...By the way, I'm looking for my boyfriend, Galen...have you...seen him anywhere yet? I really need to find him..."

Another thought came to her. "...By the way. What weapons do you guys have on you?"
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Offline Profile Goto Top

LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
Sticks, huh? Nadine frowned slightly. That's all? How could she expect ANY of these guys to be helpful if NONE of them had any DECENT weapons on them? Useless. Absolutely useless.

Of course she was even more put off when that guy on the bed started seizuring...well actually it seemed more like he was having a nightmare. Nadine cringed slightly. Did he have to shout like that? It would alert the entire island of their presence! ....And was it just her, or was Evan....

She couldn't believe this.

...But then again, it tended to happen sooner or later didn't it? That was her plan...find a group, wait until its usefulness runs out, and run out on them. But not before causing a bit of damage along the way. This group just managed to lose its usefulness quicker than most. Though it did last a bit longer than the one at the flower field. Nadine smiled a bit, looking towards the notebook in her hand.

Looking at Neil, standing there simply as he requested over and over again, she tilted her head to the side, and didn't return the notebook. One hand was in her pocket. She backed away towards the door, shrugging her shoulders a bit. Evan was high, Ric was half asleep....Neil was the one she had to worry about.

She began to laugh. "...You guys really are fools you know that? Do you really think it's possible to go through with this silly group or anything? And what you guys are planning.... Hah, if you had a plan at all, it wouldn't work. To be honest? I suggest you three just lie down and die somewhere."

And with that, Nadine turned tail and bolted towards the door, dashing out into the yard of the cottage, notebook in hand.

'We're going to escape?' DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH.

((Continued at The Sea Cliffs))
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Small Cottage · Next Topic »
Locked Topic