Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Everyones a Critic v2
Topic Started: Nov 13 2007, 11:08 PM (2,373 Views)
Bukowski
Member Avatar
I Suck At Writing to Justify Doing It for Free
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I was around the good ol' v1 board and I was reading through this thread and I liked it a lot. So, for v3 pre-game, -much like spontaneity- I'm taking it back, anyways post up and tell me the characters you want critiqued, for me personally I'd like them to have at least a memory or a thread under there belts, but others are probably fine just basing it on the profile.

Well, now that the crappy introduction is done we can all get started and get help with the creative process :D .

"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” - Charlie Murphy

v7
Ace Beats: Varsity Blues - Wale
C.C. Mac: I Do - Cardi B
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: Good idea, Bu. I've been thinking about making a topic like this for a while now.))

I've been asking around now, but I really need the opinions of the members of V3: Does the profile for Madison Conner look ready for V3? I just need someone to skim through it, not do a huge, detailed editing process (unless, god forbid, you don't mind doing that). Thanks all! ^.^
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Slack: Talked-critiqued with you earlier on AIM.

@Ace: I think she's got a nicely complex history...although the Madison-with-ominous-feelings-and-a-domineering-mother seems a bit too familiar. But that's just me. I remember she had a thread going...I'll look into that. I'd also like to know why Samantha killed herself unless it's something that'll be revealed during the actual game.

Anyone wanna have a go at reviewing mine?

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@LaZ: Well I guess I'll go for Boxer, cuz that's the mind frame I'm in atm ;)

Well he comes across as... dense really, naive at least. His relationship with EtV I would like to see a little more of. He seems as if he has something against those not in the 'main crowd' so to speak; refering to the way he was convinced quite quickly by Hardy that Ric was the culprit of the baseball incident, then was completely adament in declaring Ric guilty, despite denials. Still, I like how he's shaping up, I believe it will be interesting seeing him on the island itself as regards to alliances and such. :)
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Bukowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Any of my characters: Blood Boy, Evelyn, and Paul. But, I'd prefer it if neither Laz nor Meg did it (since I already got their criticisms), but yeah, it'd be very much appreciated.

"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” - Charlie Murphy

v7

Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If anyone want's to critique Serenity or what they've seen of Melina(her bio'll be up soon) then that would be appreciated.
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

Posted Image

Shiola
Member Avatar
IDDQD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm pretty much with Chad on this one, i'd like it if any of my guys could be critiqued (Will Sigurbjornsson, Jason Foley, Gabriel Theobalt, Karl Van Buren.)
V7:
Erika P. Stieglitz
Tyrell K. Lahti
Caroline S. Ford
Otis D. Bradley

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The only thing I can say about Melina so far (since her bio's not yet posted though there is a story) is that she seems too much like BR!Mitsuko. o____O Then again, she hasn't gotten her chance in actual Pregame RP yet, so. =p

@Cyco: Yeah, been meaning to get to Boxer's strange relationship with EdTV. It's actually supposed to be something in "Memories," actually. :lol:

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@ Chad

Blood Boy: He seems to me rather sinister (like I told you the other day) and more than a little crazy. But not in a conventional sense, he appears to have his own unique brand of insanity. Of course, there is an argument to suggest he's a lot more sane than everybody else is in some ways. His reasoning is a little like a demented rubber ball;you never know where it will end up next.

Paul Smith: Paul has an interesting personality, perhaps a little more insight into why he acts quite so crazy would be nice, but you've qualified a lot of it well, so that doesn't matter too much IMO. The hints of pyromania are also a nice touch.

@LaZ: LMAO, you know I'm not Cyco right? XD

If anybody wants to take a shot at mine I'm all ears.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Laz: WTF are you talking about? I'm not even part of this conversation!
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard

Chase
Member Avatar
is only doing this 'cause you're a mod!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Multiple critiques on Braden, if anyone cares to.
Risen from the dead.

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, this isn't so much as a critique, but more as an idea that I need everyone's opinion on. I think Dominica is too cliche, so I've been taking some time out to think about her. I have an idea for her that I believe is very original, that no one has thought of before. It may sound strange, but hear me out....

Have any of you heard of The Most Dangerous Game?

A classic short story, in my opinion.

In my mind right now, I'm going to make Dominica into a new-age General Zaroff. Basically, Dominica is not going to be a powerplayer who kills anything that moves. No. Too cliche. Nothing interesting in that. That's been done to death over and over again. No, Dominica is much smarter. In her mind, SOTF is nothing more than the best hunting season she will ever participate in, because the prey she hunts down can actually fight back. She's not just going to gun down anyone in her path (although if someone tries to shoot at her, most likely she's going to fire back. Common Knowledge FTW!). She's only going to waste her bullets hunting down all the players she believe is worth their weight in gold. Ones that have racked up a large body count. If you actually think about it, she's a powerplayer hunteress.

Good idea? Bad idea? PM me if you have any comments. I know there's some kinks I need to work out, and I'll find answers to them as I go on. Until then, I'll just be putting the idea out there for everyone.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That actually sounds interesting. Good luck with it.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Bukowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Joshua Goodman, por favor.

v7

ZigZaggerty
Member Avatar
SOTF whore, courtesy of Slacker :).
[ *  * ]
If anyone doesn't mind, I'd love someone to critique my characters.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V3 Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply