Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SotF: The Magazine; No fucking srsly.
Topic Started: Nov 4 2007, 12:41 AM (2,563 Views)
laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seeing as how SotF's all about the teen culture and such with the hippin' and the hoppin' and all that Bill Cosby gibberish...

The Inspiration!

Anyone wanna "contribute?" Looking for interviews, "stuff to wear on a desert island" and such. Mainly just for kicks, but wth.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wrong section. This'd be "Roleplaying Discussion".
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rly? I'd thought this'd fit in AU RP since it'd involve live-style interviews with the players. Kinda like "As The Island Turns" or something.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That works as an RP. The way you worded it earlier implied a discussion.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

RePeate
Member Avatar
GOD AMONG MEN, REAPER OF... GAHHH!! HAND CRAMP!!
[ *  *  * ]
Haha wicked laz, true cool right there...

It's a niche market, but I'd buy a copy.
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
<HR WIDTH ="30%" ALIGN=left>
<font color=green>Currently In-Game: Evan Angler, Gabe McCallum
<font color=red>Currently Deceased: Alex Steele, Monique St.Claire
<font color=white>On Standby:
<font color=red> <I>Oh, so I see the floor is here...</I>
</body>

Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow... this is acctually a fun idea... Holy S***!

Lol, I loved the way you drew the Plastic Hammer Award!

Just give us some questions so we can interveiw our charecters.
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

Posted Image

baby_g
Member Avatar
god it's been a lovely day
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
thats pretty rad ^_^
It's so nice

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
God... That's a very good idea! Maybe we might not sell it, per se, but it's still possible.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, the problem is that being as about in tune with pop culture as Eduardo is :lol: I can't think up any questions. @.=.@

I have found a list of celebrity interviews here in case you'd like to browse them yourself. (:

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heh, good idea here LaZ, let me know if I can help out... (though not drawing, lol)
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I think me and Cyco have the ball rolling with a Damien interview.

SAMPLER!

Care to expound on your plans if you'd gotten your hands on him [Marvin and Franco, the guy who killed him]?
Ooooh, at this point I'd have had all sorts of ideas for Marvin... Mostly bringing his brute force back upon him. I admit I'm not really that strong, but that hardly matters when you've got a baseball bat ringed with barbed wire.

As for Franco...if I remember correctly, there was a large meat grinder with an open top in that factory. If it hadn't collapsed I would've tried to get him up there and then make him fall in. Heh...Franco fries.
[giggles]

Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Franco fries..... we could sell those....
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

Posted Image

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here we go then. Since it was Laz's idea, we decided to start with a few questions geared towards v2's arguably most unbalanced freakshow, Damien Carter-Madison.

B06: Damien Carter-Madison
A fan favourite and big player in the second installment of SOTF, bagging five kills and coming in 6th out of 118 students. Impressive, especially taking into account both his insertion straight from the beginning and the designation of a gag weapon. We at SOTF caught up with this fictional character (yeah, we're that good) and asked him a few questions.

What were your thoughts upon finding that you'd been selected for the program? Additionally, why would you say it was that you decided to play?

Well~

I guess I was like, OH MY GOD! when I first woke up...and it didn't help that Marvin was near me at the time. When I decided to play...hmm...that'd be when I realized that I wasn't just alone...but also because I was...free. Liberated of those "obligations" I had to fulfill back home.

Speaking of Marvin Hendrick, are you still at all sore about his humiliating you in front of the entire SOTF audience?

Well...not anymore. But I AM disappointed that I didn't get to kill him myself...even more so with the guy who killed him.

What do you think you would have done if you had gotten your hands on Marvin? Or Franco for that matter?

Ooooh, at this point I'd have had all sorts of ideas for Marvin... Mostly bringing his brute force back upon him. I admit I'm not really that strong, but that hardly matters when you've got a baseball bat ringed with barbed wire.

As for Franco...if I remember correctly, there was a large meat grinder with an open top in that factory. If it hadn't collapsed I would've tried to get him up there and then make him fall in. Heh...Franco fries.
(giggles)

What did you think of the weather on the island? How did you cope?

Hard to tell, really...I was indoors or under something when it rained. Next thing I remember is curbstomping Elias. When it was clearer though...it felt like everything else was, including my own body. Especially when it got all glowy after the rain stopped.

Would you say the killing got easier?

(chuckles) Not so much "easier" as it really felt more "natural." The later ones weren't so fun though, especially that Dodd kid. If I were an inch taller I'd have planted a magnum in his neck and just shut him up for good right then and there.

Oh, Garry Dodd. Would you say he was your toughest opponent? If not, then who?

I'd have to say Franco...he did a lot of nasty things back at that...(shudders)...party, and it was really thrilling to try to get him. I could've taken that blonde at the end if she wasn't so lucky with her aim.

Supposing you had won, what would you have done next?

(smiles) I'd have killed my mom. Then Reneé. Or both at the same time, doesn't matter what the order was.

How unsettling. Your Sailor Damien persona has been firmly established in American pop culture since the events of the program; what are your feelings on this? What were you thinking when you first donned the infamous garb?

(evil-Stewart) Don't...ever...mention...that...again. They made me wear that skirt for the photo shoot, got it?

Duely noted. No doubt you kept an ear open for the announcements. Anyone you would have liked to square-off against? Avoid? Allied yourself with? Were you surprised at the actions of anyone you knew?

Hmmm...(sighs)...I would've loved to have finished Franco off myself. It was surprising in a re~ally bad way when he started to kill my tormentors himself...but I really wanted to fight Reneé in the end.

What would you say was your worst experience on the island? Any instances (besides of course your death) where you thought it was all over?

Worst experience...that had to be before I met my friend...while I was down in that sewer. I guess when you've been buried by everything that happened, the only things you can do is die or try to dig your way back up.

Friend? Could you elaborate?

Oh him? He's a nice guy, really...I'd say I wouldn't have survived those first few days without him. It's funny because he started calling me a couple weeks before that fateful party...and when I saw him for the first time, he kinda reminded me of Danya.

...Moving on, then. About your handler, LaZardo: how is your relationship with him?

I fucking swear...the next time he puts me in that skirt again, I'll kill him worse than I would Nicole.

There you have it, an inside. beyond-the-grave look at one of v2's driving forces. Coming soon, we'll catch up with Sera Wingfield! Rob Adams and Matt Drew! Franco Sebberts! Andi Ayala and Pete Rosenthal! Seth Mattlock! Garry Dodd! Buttered toast! All depends on who's got nothing else to do!

(If anyone else wants to get a personalized interview rolling, just gimme a shout/add me on msn and get in character. Or collab with someone else, it's a great way to kill time!)
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard

Chase
Member Avatar
is only doing this 'cause you're a mod!
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, Seth... boxers or briefs?
"Boxers are great on their feet, but in terms of ground fighting...oh, wait, you mean underwear don't ya? Boxers."
Oh, that was a joke, right? HAHAHA. Okay, next question. What would you consider your memorable moment, the one that made you really stand out?
"Considering that stupid ass handler only had me in two scenes, I'd have to say the part where I got to kick the shit out of Walter. I don't care what the readers think, *I* won that fight!"
What do you think about other players' popularity in comparison to yours? Do you think it undeserved?
"Eh, I was never really given a chance to be fleshed out as a character, so it's only fair that I'm not as popular as I could've been. I was told when I took this job that I'd be given a much bigger part than I got in the end, though. Last time I hire THAT agent..."
And your handler working on script, did he have an idea that was edited out, so to say?
"Not at first, no. In fact, the editing wasn't even supposed to happen at first. It was all going well until the part where the hotel becomes a danger zone, then all the writing and filming just got bogged down. We were lucky if we got one scene done in a week. Eventually we just had to move on. Add that to Walter suddenly deciding to quit and you have a potentially engaging storyline reduced to a few rushed-together parts that felt very half assed. I would definitely work with Walter again, though."
Who else did you want to work with during your time on V2?
"Jon Michaels, definitely. It was also a pity I didn't get to act with Bryan and Mariavel as much as I could have, though again all that was in the original script. Walter and I both wanted to get a scene with Wilson, or at least Melvin, but it fell through. Really, there was a lot of solid talent on the cast that got fucked over in the writing phase. For example, that Kapustiak kid. Was supposed to be a big name, but ended up shot in the back of the head like a nobody. Some of the new guys for v3 would've been fun to work with too."
"In retrospect, I also would've liked to be in a couple of scenes with Ricky Callahan. Would've been interesting."
No doubt about that. Who wouldn't you have liked to work with?
"Damien Carter-FUCKING-Madison, for one. God that kid was annoying! Especially when we had to shoot those hallucination scenes with his "friend", and the fact that his handler seemed to verbally jack off to him whenever he got the chance. Garry Dodd, too. I know I wouldn't have had the patience for him. As an actor, I like realism in the parts I work with, makes it easier to connect with the characters, and he was kind of ridiculous. There's also Paris Persphone or whatever it was, he just rubbed me the wrong way."
Any romantic interests for you planned that also didn't pan out?
"The writers toyed with pairing me up with Mariavel, but both of us made a point to shoot that down ASAP. Otherwise there wasn't really anyone."
Are you a lot like the character you portrayed or did your handler throw you a curveball?
"A bit of both. You see, in the 'Pregame' series Seth was written by an entirely different handler, who portrayed me very differently. It was a bit more stereotypical, I thought, and very similar to another of that handler's characters from the past game. Then when that fell apart I got approached by my new handler with the idea of signing onto v2. I thought I'd be closer to the type of character I was in Pregame, but this guy wanted to take me in a new direction, partly as an experiment and partly because he saw potential. I thought, 'eh, what the hell? Better than being the stereotypical tough guy' and agreed. The biggest curveball was my death scene; that whole part was practically improvised with how quickly it was added to the script."
*whispered* "Don't tell Felix, but I was only supposed to fire twice. The other shots were because I thought he was an asshole." *laughs*
Alright! And for the last question: what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"Hmm....I've only ever really had vanilla. Don't eat ice cream much. That Paul Smith guy's been trying to get me to try mango flavored ice cream. I...don't think that's ice cream, wouldn't be surprised if it were a sick prank."
Risen from the dead.

Bukowski
Member Avatar
I Suck At Writing to Justify Doing It for Free
[ *  *  * ]
Walter Smith is arguably one of the best portrayed villains of v2, and SOTF‘s third rapist (officially). He is especially well known for being a pre-made murderer, whistling the Good, the Bad, and the ugly, and needless to say a very hard character to do justice. So to say the least I knew my work would be cut out for me when I decided to interview him.

And with all that said and done: this is the Smith interview.

So, Walter, for being one of the most explicit villains, you didn't get to last as long as a lot of people would've liked. Any particular feelings on that?

"It was all my doing, actually. Everything was going fine until the part where the hotel becomes a danger zone, then all the shooting and writing just got bogged down. We were lucky if we got one scene done in an entire week of filming. Not only that, but I was never really happy with the fact that the Walter character was essentially little more than a symbol for Jack Bexley's "bad side", and thus all work to flesh him out was done on the fly when Jack's actor decided to not take part in the project. The last straw was the rape scene with Mariavel. I was NOT told about that until we were already filming it! Not only that, her acting was so realistic that it turned into a moral crisis for me; I actually had to talk the writers into changing the scene to Seth intervening at the last second. After my fight scene with Seth and some time to think it over, I decided to quit the project. That's why my last scene was so hastily slapped together."

As a character who despite incorporating many clichés managed to become successful, is there any personality trait and shtick that you hate seeing in other characters?

"The whole "just born bad" thing is a cliché I always hate, it almost made me turn the role down until I realized that it might be my chance to prove a character like Walter can work if written and acted right. I never like things to be so completely black and white like that, it's uninteresting and unrealistic. Another gripe I had was how "token" all the gay characters were, it was like that was the only reason they had to exist. In all honesty, a lot of the clichés I saw in other characters are ones I particularly dislike, v2 was EXTREMELY cliché, but it was mainly a difference between the ones that pulled it off well and the ones that didn't.

Interesting, so any advice for handlers to make even the most cliché characters well done?

"In all honesty, I'm not sure. I don't even know how my handler pulled it off. Hell, far as I know he's just as stumped as I am. It's all in the writing, I suppose. Try to be careful not to make the cliché too overriding, perhaps add your own twist to it. I'll need to think about this question some more.

On the lighter side, word on the street is that with all the recent SOTF characters returning, you might be coming back for v3. Any truth in that?

"My character died, so that's not exactly possible. He might show up in some flashbacks or something, but it's not like I can pull a Burton Harris or something. I might play an NPC role in Pregame or something like that; in fact, I WAS offered a character concept to play for v3 that I'm currently reading over. All in all, Walter's not coming back, but I might act in a different role."

On the topic of v3, any particular character who you think might you might pass the torch over in terms of "Cold Blooded Villain".

"Jackson Engel looks like a promising character, and from what I've seen of the kid they've got playing him he might just pull it off. If Blood Boy ever appears I'll have my eye on him, too. As I said, I might reprise a villain role for v3, too. Maybe Clive, but that seems to be more poor writing than anything else."

You seem to mention writing a lot and some of the criticism that v2 had was that it didn't really have the whole "Big time Writers" that v1 had, do you think any of the new writers recruited for v3 could fill in the spots left behind by the v1 RPer's who couldn't move to the new site?

"It's possible. I haven't seen a lot of them work. A lot of them are definitely good enough for it, though."

Well l, to steer things back on the topic of you, Mariavel. Any chemistry?

"We got along pretty well, for the most part. She didn't think her acting during the rape scene would disturb me as much as it did, and was actually one of the ones that tried to persuade me not to quit. I'd like to work with her again sometime, just not in that kind of role."
[bowel, Walter, it was great speaking with you and because I am running out of questions, I have to cut this interview short: any closing statements?[/b]

"Yeah, actually. For one, there is absolutely no truth to the urban legend that Jin Li-Jen's actor was really injured during our fight scene-that was just good acting at work. Also, I'm undergoing talks with my handler to make a cameo appearance in a flashback for a character in another of his productions; fans of my work in v2 should keep their eyes out. It was good talking to you, sir."

Good words, from a good man.

"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” - Charlie Murphy

v7
Ace Beats: Varsity Blues - Wale
C.C. Mac: I Do - Cardi B

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply