Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (18,227 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The homepage and a few other pages will load if you go through the link on the board's index, but edits will not go through. Best to hold off like Naft said.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wiki's back up, all is well.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wikia seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties for at least Rattlesnake and myself. On both the Main and Mini SOTF wikis, loading is extremely slow, trying to publish edits leads to an error page, and the most recent edits made are not listed, though the changes look like they've gone through.

EDIT: Things appear to have gone back to normal for now.
Edited by backslash, Jul 2 2014, 11:52 PM.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since this was brought up in chat a few days ago: how would people who frequent the wiki feel about changing up the BKA/BDA entries so that each version has its own page instead of the one big page with versions 2 through 5? Also the possibility of adding a section that notes what each winner of BKA received to better keep track of weapons.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I imagine the blurb at the top of the front page will be edited accordingly once V5's endgame starts and ends, and when V6 pregame starts.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Nov 3 2014, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I suspect we'll do some restructuring. I'm personally thinking it might even be good to trim some of the V1-4 recap, because at this point everyone in the community knows it and there's so much it could be unwieldy or obnoxious spoilery for everyone not in the community.

As to BKA/BDA, I always like detail but am a bit unsure about splitting pages; we have a lot of pages already and this list isn't too bad at present. Appropriate header tweaking might be able to streamline the menu so as to have more obvious version-by-version directory on a single page.
The current page does have the contents listing at the top so that you can jump to a certain month/version already, if that's the kind of thing you mean. Not sure what other formatting changes could be made to streamline it more.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just a heads-up, wikia's having problems right now so no edits can be made. I can't find any info on how long it's supposed to be locked, but I'll keep checking back.
Edited by backslash, Nov 13 2014, 10:34 AM.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything's back to normal now.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So there's a pretty significant difference in the purposes of the Location pages on the Main and Mini wikis. Main's pages display a list of bodies in the area and the days that each area was an active Danger Zone, while Mini's show a list of threads that occurred in the area.

Basically, I'm asking opinions on whether people think it would be a good idea to add the relevant info to the pages that don't have them (i.e. adding threads to the pages on Main) for the sake of thoroughness and utility, if you think they should be left alone, or if you don't care. A bit of feedback from anyone who regularly views the wikis while games are in-progress would be appreciated.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I wasn't planning on removing anything that's already on the pages, just maybe adding in the relevant info that's lacking. At this point I'm thinking adding bodies (and maybe notable changes/damages to the area?) to Mini would be most useful since a lot can get lost in the shuffle of quicker games, and then maybe threads to the pages on Main.

The V1 and V2 Locations pages lack both as of right now, so if anyone more familiar with those versions than me wants to give them a shot be my guest, but I can get around to them eventually. They'll just be lower down on the list than V3-V5 since they'll take more time and digging through old threads.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikumo
Sep 9 2015, 12:16 AM
V1 Wiki has the deaths by location thing in the death order page, jsyk.
So it does, thanks for pointing that out. I'll probably move them to the Locations page eventually just to make everything uniform, though.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alrighty, as of now Versions 3-5 have fully updated Locations pages. V1 and 2 are going to take a bit longer, since their Locations and Death Order (in the case of V1) are going to take some significant rearranging to match the rest. So if you're hanging around on those pages for whatever reason and notice things disappearing or being moved, don't be alarmed and please don't undo those changes.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All versions on the Main and Mini wikis now have fully updated locations!
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CondorTalon
Sep 22 2016, 10:18 PM
In the death orders, sometimes the phrasing used for suicides is "Suicide by _______", while other times it's "____ed themself".

I feel like a bit of cleanup for consistency would be good there.
This is probably just down to different editors putting different things down, if we can get a consensus on what sounds best to most people it'd be pretty easy to change.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is anyone else able to access the wiki right now? I'm unable to get it or other wikia sites to load, but I'm having other internet issues at the moment so I'm unsure if it's on my end or theirs.

fucking swear to god if changing from wikia to ~fandom~ fucked everything up I am going to fight somebody
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply