Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,573 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am only here to clarify.

This:

Quote:

However, the railing could only take so much force of friendship and broke, and David fell.

bolded part refers to the 'hug' (ie the shove) given by Cassidy. In other words, my post states that without the shove by Cassidy that David would not have fallen.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...now that the important things had been said, my opinion:

As long content is formatted as to per established rules, I am fine with putting everything on the wiki (because like MW I come from a Star Wars Wiki when it comes to personal experience with fan wikis, but anyway).

A wiki is not a measure of status, or a measure of worth, or even relevance. We don't have to pay money by the byte to keep it running, and it isn't like we can actually clutter it because we know how to properly use hyperlinks. There is no 'real estate', this is a webpage and I expect people here to know how the internet words.

A wiki's primary purpose is to offer a source of information on a given topic. A wiki that fails to deliver information a user might seek fails it's actual purpose.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you may have read about the sotf dictionary in the discord. Here is the draft, write something if you want to contribute. You know, like a wiki, but before the wiki.

draft

Survival of the Fittest is a play-by-post role play. While it's mechanics may seem familiar to you, the community has developed many terms over the years. These are relatively unique to this game, and might confuse casual readers. This site is a list of terms used by the SotF community and it's staff, here to help you pick up the language.

Endgame:

Essentially, the finale round of SotF. When the cast of students has been reduced to four, these four remaining students enter Endgame. Endgame is a specific phase of the game where activity rules change, and the handlers of the four final characters have to sort out who wins Survival of the Fittest.

Handler:

A Handler is a real person who is actively writing one or more characters in Pregame or the main game. All Handlers are members of the forum, but not all forum members are handlers. For a list of former and active handlers, follow this link.

Version:

Each version is an iteration of the game. In other words, the plot spanning from the conception of a particular high school's class of students to the conclusion of the winner's epilogue constitutes a Version. One might also call it a 'season' of SotF.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply