Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (18,212 Views)
Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
I have a very small suggestion for the wiki once V5 starts. What if we were to create a wiki banner to go above the character page of anyone in V5 who is currently alive? It wouldn't take much work as we'd only need to design the banner page then put a small snippet of code at the top of every character page and remove it when they are killed. I think that this would make it that much easier for users to get that essential piece of information just that little bit quicker.

Any thoughts?
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Namira
Sep 24 2011, 10:59 AM

That just sounds like additional book-keeping to me. It's not like it's hard at current to find if somebody is alive.
It wouldn't really be additional book-keeping. You see, the banner would be made in a template page on the wiki, to add it to the top of the character's page, you only have to insert it using the template menu or write in a small line of preset code. (That could be already written into the character page template.)

When the character dies, all that you'd have to do is remove the line of code. As people already have to fill in the information for who killed a character and what not, it would be easy for them to simply remove it while they are there.

If you're concerns are that the code may be a bit of a problem to locate without removing anything else, don't worry because in formatting mode the box is represented as a green jigsaw piece, meaning that it would be easy to find and delete from the page.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Mar 5 2012, 05:13 AM
Hey, everyone!

A few months ago, I made two pages for the wiki but did not post them, for reasons that I will explain shortly. What I'm wondering now is, do we want them?

Basically, I made a page that compares student numbers across all the RPed versions of SOTF. It lets you track who was, say, B017 in each version. (Andrew Lipson, Eric Silvstedt, Owen Fontaine, and Timothy Skula) It's mostly just a fun trivia thing.

I did the same for final rankings. It'd let you see, for example, who died in 25th place each game. (Jill Gatling, Andi Ayala, Rick Holeman, and Meredith Hemmings)

So... these pages sounded fun, were cool for me to work through, and are full of interesting stuff. My worry is that putting them up would be bad for the game community. The student numbers one isn't such a huge deal, I mean, it's pretty impossible to choose what number you end up with.

The one that has me worried is the placings chart. I know some handlers take placing really seriously. I don't, but I really do not want to encourage stalling for higher placings (something I have seen in the past), a large fixation on rank, any of that jazz. I can't say for sure if it would happen, but it's a worry.

So, basically, I'm turning this one over to the community. I've made these pages purely for my own curiosity, but I realize other folks may be interested too. Is this something SOTF cares about or wants on the wiki? Are we concerned enough about possible drawbacks to keep it off? Let me know.

(Also, I'd recommend against anyone wasting their time duplicating these charts. I have them saved and done, and if you're really curious, whether we add them or not, drop me a PM and I'll ship 'em to you and spare you a very tedious couple hours.)

Thanks for listening. :)
I definitely think this is a good idea. As long as we have someone to keep them updated, I cannot see how they would do any harm. I think that it's a great idea and i'd love to see it implemented in the wiki. :)
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply