Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,627 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so to anyone who hasn't been checking the wikia as of late, it's gotten pretty much up to date in terms of the pages. We have only a few more v3 profiles to make up to standard, and v4 characters are staying up to date thanks to tireless page creators. The content, however, is long gone, so that is something that will need to be worked on by anyone willing. Yes, that's right. We need people to write Mid-Game Evaluations for every single v3 character, followed by Danya-esque comments in the Post-Game evaluations. We can be Danyas. Just for one day.

There have been plenty of amazing people who have gone through all the v3 profiles and updated the kills and deaths, and we have plenty of people to thank for that. Names escape me at this point in time, so if you happen upon anybody who does do that, give them a pat on the back. Although I would personally like to thank JamesRenard and Rattlesnake for tireless nights spent over the keyboard making v3 and v4 Wikia pages. To you, I send...a hug (Remember, I'm a lowly newb, not a mod or anything :D ).

On another note, Little Boy, we like you, so we've started uploading your art of characters to the wikia, for use in the profiles. Any editors can feel free to add those pictures to the profiles.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so maybe we should also work on adding some non-little artwork to the wiki as well as his adorable (<3) sketches?

I've already added the three sketches of selphie's characters to their respective pages.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So I'm working on doing the evaluations for the characters who are dead already, so far I've completed Petrushka, Everett, and Keith. I'll be working on the rest of the deaths in order in my free time.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so there's a guy on the wiki claiming to be a friend of Adam's who wants the page for Andrew Ponikarovsky removed, on the basis that Adam used his name for the character without his permission. He may be a troll, but he has actually changed all instances of the name Andrew in the article to "Joe".

What's the go-ahead?

EDIT: also, for some reason, my typing and c+ping of the word "Pant-ur-esc-u" is somehow off, which is put in inverted commas and with hyphons cause every appearance otherwise changes it to Ponikarovsky. Seriously.

O_o
Edited by Brackie, Oct 25 2010, 09:32 PM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In a similar vein to the above message, let me clarify something that seems to cause some confusion:

The character's assigned weapon counts as a collected weapon, and if it's given to someone else, it's counts as a collected weapon as well. I'm seeing far too many blank spaces where there should be a person's assigned weapon, so I'm saying it for real: ADD IT IF IT'S NOT THERE, PLEASE.

Okay, that, and I'm thinking that if anyone who isn't busy would like to work on getting v3 evaluations up to date, that would be great as well. I've already done 5 of them, but if we don't do them soon or now, they're gonna fall behind with the massive amount of v2 pages and the large amount of v1 pages that still even need their thread count on them.

So that's my word on the subject for the day.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd like to do Aston, Jacob, and Brendan on my own. However, I would like to see someone else's view on Clio, so she's open to editing I guess.

Can we also reserve characters in past versions who's handlers have long gone? Cause if so, I'd love to do a few of the v3 ones.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so all the peeps who died on the first day now have completed evals, sans quotes.

Onto day 2 I suppose X.X

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, seriously, some general help around the wiki would be greatly appreciated. Some of the students don't even have their weapon listed on their page, and even more lack thread lists.

I've been going around and adding both pre-game threads and memory threads to all the profiles, but if people could also take care of their own profiles and the profiles of anyone else they RP with, just generally looking after them and making sure that they, at the very least, have their allies/enemies up to date, I'd seriously appreciate it.

I'm down to my hands and knees here begging for some help, really.
Edited by Brackie, Dec 22 2010, 10:31 PM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
FINALLY.

Every male student in v4 now has their thread lists up to date. I may have glossed over one or two, so if you see a thread missing from a page, then add it instead of complaining directly to me, mkay?

I've also started on v3 character thread lists and such, and as such I request to reserve some characters for me to do evaluations for:

• Andy McCann
  • Shameeca Mitchell
  • James Martinek
  • Ivan Roeghamills (or however you spell it)
  • Arthur Williams
  • Shane Rafferty
  • Amanda Redder
  • Lilah Morgan
  • Anna Vaan
  • Heath Trennoby
  • Lauren Howard
  • Raven Lawrence
  • Margaret Tweedy
  • Kimmy Redmond
  • Eris Marquis
  • ...if nobody objects, Trish McCarrol and Lulu Altaire.
I know there's some guys who want to do their own character's evals, but I've actually read through all of these characters stories, most of them I could write by memory. I'd love to get back into the kick of writing Mid-Game and Post-Game Evaluations for the ones who don't have them yet, and v3 is a good startup for getting back into v4. If anyone has any objections to the above characters, say so here.

Next post or so I'll have a complete list of incomplete evaluations that need working on (only the dead guys for v4 though)

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, every v4 character now has an up-to-date thread list. Can we try to keep it that way?

And it would be great if people could start working on evaluations as well for the dead peeps. Really, there's not much to read, a lot of the already dead characters were only in the game for about 2 threads, so you'd only have to take about 15-30 minutes out of your day, possibly only about 10 minutes more for those with longer threads. It's not a big ask, and you can even just do one thread of their journey and then come back to it later.

If anyone does need to know who exactly to write one up for if they haven't got one in mind, I'll have a list of people up tomorrow or so.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is vastly relevant to all your interests.

I've heard of various problems concerning the "continuity" of locations, such as where bodies are and their damage. This list is supposed to remedy that, so if your character is dead and not on this location list, could you add it?

Also, any known damage to a location would be good too.

Thanks!
Edited by Brackie, Mar 16 2011, 03:21 AM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm on this like a gypsy on a crowded street.

Didn't know something like this actually existed. Transplanting pages and evaluations as we speak :D

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We also have a lot of pages from v1-3 which need completion. I know it doesn't seem that important compared to v4 at least, but I think if we don't tackle them early, they're never going to get done. They might not have as much priority as v4 evaluations, but I really think they need a tiny bit of attention.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply