Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,569 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If people are going to want to hit the rankings, they'll try to do it (hopefully legitimately) regardless of whether or not the charts are in place. It's not like it's something we go out of our way to celebrate on the rest of the boards anyway, so a one page reference on the wiki is hardly going to glamourise the hell out of it. Course no loss if we don't put it up either, so I'm happy either way.

First one endorse though; can't see the harm in it.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's been adding profiles to the wiki; you're stars.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My opinion is that SOTF is about SOTF. Pregame informs characters in the main game, so it's relevant in that regard, but supporting characters from there and meanwhile events don't really have much of any direct influence on the island themselves and therefore are supplementary material, so they don't really need to have as much attention on the wiki or on tvtropes. A character's uncle might be really important to them and be mentioned frequently in their story, but you wouldn't give the uncle his own page, after all.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pregame is important because it lets people develop their characters and can often have events that become important to scenes on the island. (Two people have a fight in pregame -> two people have a bigger fight on the island, for example)

Meanwhile exists as far as I know more or less because people wanted it.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not giving pregame/meanwhile only characters full profile pages and huge coverage on tvtropes is not the same thing as removing all mention of these things. It's instead avoiding pulling focus from the main action which is what the site's actually about and where the majority of the effort lies, by giving these things an appropriate proportion of wiki real estate.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whether or not people care about Meanwhile and Pregame isn’t the topic at hand here, and the fact that both sections have been perfectly active through V6 pretty much justifies that people do actually care about them.

The topic at hand here is that these are not the main focus of our roleplay. Our wikis and the tropes page are for summarising the characters who are regularly maintained and worked on through the game, which requires a fairly large amount of effort, and that’s why they get whole pages. Meanwhile characters, who by comparison do not require constant activity, get to be part of a smaller page to reflect that they are a smaller part of the overall version. They still get to be on the wiki and there’s nothing stopping their profiles being linked, they’re just there in a smaller capacity.

Once again, SOTF is about SOTF.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To clarify, we asked that meanwhile only students undergo the same critique process as on-island characters specifically to avoid people putting in things that wouldn't fly in other profiles, so the precedent is already in place.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply