Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,585 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We're going to have to add v5 characters once it comes up, along with v2 and v1 people.

Personally, I'm of the "customization" camp. I believe most handlers see their handler pages as "their own little place", and would like to have some leeway with what they write on it. I myself enjoy my page. But! I agree that they need "basic" information that is readily accessible (such as characters they wrote). After reading this thread, I admittedly updated my handler page like... a few minutes ago, so it reflected more about me as a writer/handler on SOTF than things you really don't care about such as my sleeping habits (I probably didn't do a good job, though. Maybe later I'll work on it some more). But! I like the template idea. After all, the point of the pages is to give information about handlers, after all. As much as I like the Bad Romance in Dom's page, for example, once you get down to it it doesn't tell us anything about him other than he likes Bad Romance. No offense, Dom. It would be nice to have an idea of what role they play in SOTF in an easy spot, you know? Like, who they wrote, whether they are a handler or a mod, and so on.

Overall, I agree with the idea of important stuff being in there, along with the silliness. It is a wiki page, after all, and it needs important stuff. But at the same time a lot of handlers like that individuality. Templates fix this quite wonderfully, as they can reduce clutter within seconds. And at the same time we can still have fun with whatever silliness we put in there. How does that sound?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Usually they're final comments from Danya and such, in a similar vein to the profile's "conclusion" segment. Not sure how it'd work now that Danya's dead, though. Maybe Greynolds or another terrorist, then? But anyone can write it I think.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Er, can someone explain this?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply