Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,563 Views)
Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll grab Vera Lang for starters, prolly more once I've done a bit more perusing.

Edit: Finished. I know what I'm doing the rest of the week.
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bored Rattlesnake + Free time + lack of much reading in v3 = Finished profiles!

Well, not yet, but I'm doing Kimmy Redmond ATM.

Edit: Not that way. Seriously.
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimmy's 100% complete (bar any trivia I'm unaware of), but a lot of these v3 kids are pretty bad with their mysterious deaths and whatnot... :/
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shameeca Mitchell under construction, because who can resist the toothbrushdildoshiv?
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, the wiki's still borked. Is there some possible restoration in the pipeline, or should we just go back to work rebuilding it?
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hooray!

*Busts out in wiki-fu*
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just FYI, Wiki in general seems to be a bit wonky right now, so don't be alarmed if pages fail to load when you try to edit them. No idea exactly what's going on, but it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My personal inclination is to keep the handler pages as they are. I don't think there's any one correct way to do them, or rather, any one correct vision for what they should be like. It's all very subjective and personal, so for the sake of illustration, Outfoxd probably has the page that's best aligned with what I want to see. He presents his characters/versions and also some of his own personality, which I think is important. Basically, emphasizing handlers as people with their own style and personality and quirks that don't compress well into bullet points. Basically, I'd rather have "This is Outfoxd. He is a classy black man who handled X, Y, and Z" than "Outfoxd handled X, Y, and Z. Fun fact, he is a classy black man." Just as long as it does say that he handled X, Y, and Z.

Also as far as putting all that on editor profiles, editor profiles just aren't very fun. Handler profiles are cool and highly visible and whatnot.

For handled by, I think that's a great idea.

Comments, the explanation isn't really that clear on what they look like when they're done. I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to comment on a certain character will go ahead anyway, as format can be copy/pasted and whatnot, and it's probably more of an interest barrier than formatting barrier. If they appear at the bottom of the page, then they're probably redundant, and if it's a separate page like the talk page, I think that's much more easily ignored and also somewhat inconvenient. I'd need to look into them more to take a real decisive position though.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the general rule should be basically, if you can't tell exactly what characters a given person handled when in, say, five seconds, there needs to be an edit for clarification. That's all you really need on the reference side, and it doesn't have to be templated so much as just "make sure you have this." I'll admit I don't know exactly what we'd do with any current essayish/unclear pages, but one idea might just be to throw down a topic and say, "Hey, if you're one of these people, either make your handler page more concise, get someone to do it for you, or we'll throw a template full of into at the top in X days." It's far from perfect, but that's just an idea.

Also something I missed, as for the handlers page (as opposed to the handlers' pages), I don't really have much of an interest in what we do with it. If we keep it in its current incarnation, though, we should probably just trash the active/inactive thing and just group everyone together. Or we could try listing handlers by version, which would make a rather long page. I don't feel like we should delete in entirely, but it is something that's minimally useful.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll do my own characters at least, and I'll do some more work once I finish this Morrowind mod (note, of course, that "finish" and "Morrowind" don't go very well together).
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why did I not think of using the Wayback Machine >.<
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just throwing in that we only have about 45 complete v4 student pages. I suppose I'm guilty of not having mine completely done (2 out of 3 at least), but I'll be finishing up the third presently and not being able to finish v4 wiki work before v5 isn't a good thing.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think they would be neat to see. Do they have other stuff, like weapons/killcounts or anything else? It would be fun to go through the chart and go, oh hey, B055 has never received a joke weapon or G0whatever has always had at least 3 kills or something.

I also think the ranking chart concerns are a valid but that in practice, it'll be almost entirely harmless. We already rank killcounts and celebrate rank milestones and whatnot, and making already-available stats more accessible shouldn't hurt.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While we're doing quick little notes, there are some student pages that still have a horizontal rule between designated number and weapon. That should be three dashes (four makes the hr) so if you come across that, it would be good to fix it.
VeeFive

V4

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Precedence has people fooling around with collars being credited for the kills, intentional or not.
VeeFive

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply