Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (17,590 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And the Post-game evaluation is like a final conclusion after they're dead/won.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I just got the same thing, but reading the report as to why it was blocked it seems like somebody might have just fiddled with a bit of code, because there's literally one report of malicious software or w/e.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just a note, guys. The post game evaluation isn't an overview of the character, it's Danya's last little insulting comment on the character.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a standing reservation on all of my characters.

Right now, that means Bobby Jacks, Maxie Dasai, and Dacey Ashcroft, as the others are all done.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guys, if you've completed an evaluation, please remember to remove the asterix from the student concerned on the character page. If you don't, book-keeping will get a right headache, and I'm pretty sure it's no mean task as things stand.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://sotf.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_of_the_Fittest_Wiki

Use this one.

I'm tired of this whole 'Wait until we hear from the editthis' guy shtick. At this point, it's pretty obvious we've got everything we're going to GET back, so whilst it sucks, we need to get moving to make sure we don't fall behind so far as v4 goes.

There's a far bit of v4 stuff on here already. Let's get it going in an official capapcity. Hopefully with everyone giving a hand, we can get it up to date and then start working on what was lost and maintaining the thing.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are they even on the unapproved characters page yet?

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This seems to need bumping as it was quite a while ago I stated this.

Guys, don't evaluate my characters, please. If it's already done, I'm not going to get anybody to take things down, but it's something that I like to do myself. I know I'm waaaaaay out of date on actually doing it for say, v3... but it's still my preference.

Thanks.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, but only if they're, like you said, not an active member.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think it's just a matter of revamping 'VIP' to just be a hitlist of important personnel that aren't students.

- I'd like to retain the 'Terrorists' page though, or at least give them their own section on the aforementioned page, as there are a lot of them and it's a lot easier to organise by which version they appeared in.

- I don't really want to completely regulate what people can put into their handler pages. It's a personal thing on a wiki that's absolutely full of templates. So long as we say 'Make sure you include what characters you handle on your page' then I don't see the necessity of putting in tight restrictions on what can go on there.

Quote:

Alternatively, if we could sort handlers by versions they were active in &/or list characters they handled with them, that might be pretty cool. Even that sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort for how little use it'd have tho.

This sounds better than what we have at current and doesn't require CONSTANT book-keeping in the way that the layout we have right now does.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That template sounds like a decent compromise.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Limisios
Sep 24 2011, 04:43 AM
I have a very small suggestion for the wiki once V5 starts. What if we were to create a wiki banner to go above the character page of anyone in V5 who is currently alive? It wouldn't take much work as we'd only need to design the banner page then put a small snippet of code at the top of every character page and remove it when they are killed. I think that this would make it that much easier for users to get that essential piece of information just that little bit quicker.

Any thoughts?
That just sounds like additional book-keeping to me. It's not like it's hard at current to find if somebody is alive.

Quote:

But anyone can write it I think.

Correct.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes but it would do the exact same thing that all the other listings of the character being dead already do. There are already at least three things that need to be updated when a character dies anyway, and that's without even factoring the updates for the killer. It just strikes me as unnecessary.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh very nice. I like to see that. The terrorists page definitely needed some scrubbing up.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deleted it and blocked that editor for 10 years.

No, seriously.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply