Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project: Wiki
Topic Started: Jan 21 2007, 09:55 AM (18,010 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adding in game terms like "player" and "player hunter" could be good, along with an entry for rolls and pregame.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd almost suggest spinning Endgame off into its own page (or having an extra page for it too, a la rolls). A few reasons for this: 1. it might be useful to discuss the changing mechanics that come with Endgame, 2. it might be worth cataloging the exceptions (Endgame is usually but not always four--V4 and sorta V2 had five), 3. it could be worth listing Endgamers somewhere (something that was suggested during the slimming of the old MVP page but never implemented largely 'cause nobody got around to it).
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Part of the reason I'd like a terms page is so we wouldn't have to have so many individual pages like that one floating around (or we could at least add a link to the Game Mechanics category on the front page), but having Endgame in its own spot could be good. I think we should also update the "Vital Information" section so that it's up to date and not an in-character thing from Danya Sr. circa V2.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quick PSA for those of you who might like to upload images to the wiki: lately Wikia has been having tantrums and giving me a "file type identification error" when attempting to upload .png images so if you're going to try and put a picture on there save it as .jpg instead.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you're browsing the wiki and the color scheme suddenly changes, don't panic. I just found the theme manager in the admin dashboard and will probably be periodically messing around with it.

Feedback on how the current theme looks, how easy it is to read on, etc. would be appreciated.
Characters

Others

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fantastic as I thought I was losing my mind when things started changing on me (been all over the wiki this morning).

I like the new theme, but I'm partial to darker backgrounds with lighter text, myself. :D
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I've settled on two darker skins to try out. As far as I can tell, there's no option to allow users to customize which skin they use so there can only be one standard skin for the whole of the wiki.

Here are samples of the skins I've decided to try. The top one is current skin. The main downside to skins with darker backgrounds that I've found is that source code highlighting doesn't show up as well in the editor, but once a base skin is settled on, the exact colors can be fiddled with.

There's also an option to upload pictures for custom backgrounds, but I haven't messed with that any. If you have some kind of image that you really, really want to try as a background on the wiki, put it in here or something. (Joke/meme/whatever submissions will be ignored, Kermit.)
Characters

Others

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I vote #2, personally.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
#2 is easier on the eyes, imo! They both look alright though.

Posted Image

I◄◄

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That bottom one is a nostalgia blast for the old site theme. I love it.
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Catche Jagger
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I vote for #2 as well
V7 Characters

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Switched to Skin #2 to test drive that for a bit since all the responses I got were in favor of it over #1. Let me know what you think.
Characters

Others

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So in a bit of a surprising development for me, I've been working on some wiki stuff tonight and I've been getting absolutely destroyed with eyestrain - I'm thinking it might be the classic blue site background. Which sucks because I like it.

Anyone else having this issue?

---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm a Cactus
Jan 9 2018, 10:40 PM
So in a bit of a surprising development for me, I've been working on some wiki stuff tonight and I've been getting absolutely destroyed with eyestrain - I'm thinking it might be the classic blue site background. Which sucks because I like it.

Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't personally noticed that, but I haven't spent an extended time on the wiki at once since changing the skin. I could potentially up the contrast between the background and the text, or mute the background shade if it's the problem.
Characters

Others

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Give it a few days - might just be because I can't stop staring at computer screens all day and all night. See if anyone else is thinkin' it.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply