Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Dreaded First Roll; Who's up to die first?
Topic Started: Nov 7 2006, 09:52 PM (1,549 Views)
Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, you read that right. You see, we staffers overlooked something. No rolls were set to take place until December. Why's that a problem? That means that all the kills this month would have been voluntary. That's all fine and dandy, but we've got a whopping 80 characters on the roster. Therefore, in a collaborative meeting tonight, all four staffers decided that some rolls were in order.

Five rolls were done tonight. Who were the unlucky fools to get rolled?

The first on the list of the soon-to-be deceased was ZigZaggerty's Debrah Dollop. Another twin bites the dust, it seems. The second to sign their death sentence was LaZardo's Marvin Hendrick. Third on death row was my own Whitney Acosta. Fourth to be mowed down was Strawberry Prince's Marimar Perez. Finally, the fifth and final character that'll next be starring in a zombie flick was Endless Helix's Ernest Decarteret.

Absolutely can't lose that character yet? Don't fret, folks. At this point in time, everyone still has their swap card. If you're real nice, somebody else might even use their hero card and sacrifice their own character for yours. If you'll be swapping one character for another, let us know here. Otherwise, you'll have three real-life days to post here linking to the thread in which your rolled character will die. Let us know if you need an extension, otherwise one won't be granted.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why did I see that coming? Must be bad luck after being "screwed over" three-for-three in the weapons selections. XD;;;

I will have Roland Kelly's biography (which FYI I swear on the Bible I carry in my backpack for its study class in college have been working on for days preceding just in case) up in due time. After which I will probably use my swap card barring belated approval.

Note that I said PROBABLY, given that Marv's in a rather volatile situation himself. I'll make the final decision soon.

EDIT 5 Seconds Later:
Once I make the decision I will need about a week to get the death on. :D Timezones are a bitch, especially when the times I am least constrained by time are times when nobody else is around, reducing my RPs to about a pose or two a DAY. ):

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chase
Member Avatar
is only doing this 'cause you're a mod!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Characters can only be switched with ones that are already on the roster. No dice.
Risen from the dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

La Skellette!
Unregistered

I'm swapping Caitlin Evans for Debrah Dollop.

Because I'm generally nice...
Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No dice? Fine. Can I still get that week though? And do I really have to use my Swap Card as soon as the roll is made?

Offline Profile Goto Top

Chase
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not a week. Sooner rather than later, because you're going to have to plan the death of one of your characters.

So, you can either kill off Marvin or pick one to swap him with that has already been on the roster since the time of the roll. Or, if someone's nice, they'll swap one of their characters for you.

But like I said, a week's too long.
Risen from the dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm feeling the love here folks, so I'll use my hero card (strwberry prince... You had BETTER thank me for this.) to swich Preston Grey (who was going to die anyway) for Marimar Perez (cause she's awesome!!!) :D :D :D :D :D
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovebirdjo
Member Avatar
Chainmail and butterfly kisses.
[ *  *  * ]
*sings* I need a hero!!!

At the egotistical thought that I can probably earn another card along the way, I'm sacrificing Joshua Moore to save one Whitney Acosta from an excruciating death. Sorry guys, don't ask about his death rights. Someone has them already. ^^;

Anyhoo, <3s to everyone and much lurve.
Posted Image

G007 ~ Sierra Manning | >> // >> // > But I Might Die Tonight < | Pepper Spray
Quote:

12:56 am Mimi: ....do rodents often eat panties in Australia?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's a few things I want to make clear to everyone while we're doing this, just so there are no misunderstandings on down the line. Misunderstandings, as you all know, aren't good. ;)

First thing I want everyone to know is this: time extensions for character deaths will NOT be granted every time, so don't make it a habit. It's for situations like "I fell down a flight of stairs and can't get out of bed", not for "You know, I'm just not feeling motivated enough to do it right now." Asking for an extension every once in a while is okay, but if the staff notice that you're doing it every time you get rolled and essentially prolonging your character deaths for as long as possible, you'll stop being granted them. Also, being granted an extension means that we want the death finished on the date that you told us it'd be finished by. If it's not, collar explosion for you. ^___^

That's not us being mean, that's us ensuring that the game isn't prolonged like last time for various reasons, and people prolonging deaths was one of those reasons. Like I said, extensions sometimes are just fine, we all understand all too well that real-life situations arise that take priority.

Anyway, second thing that I wanted to make sure everyone understood is that your swap card and hero card can only be used once. If Maka swapped Carmen for Whitney, she wouldn't get another hero card. Likewise, if Ziggy swapped John for Debrah, he wouldn't get another swap card. HOWEVER. Swap and hero cards (especially the former) will be common prizes for our monthly "Best Death" contests, so if you've already used yours up, by all means, go after the win and write up an amazing death for your character. It'll pay off.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up for anybody who might've been wondering.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fine then. ): Roland Kelly will make his debut soon as Marvin's replacement, as it were. Here's to what could've been. XD

Offline Profile Goto Top

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
I'm going to to swap out Ernest for Gregory. Finally, he'll be reuniting with his aliens...

So for caps. Gregory Moyer must DIE!
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Friends? What are Friends?

This is the link to where Preston will inevitaby meet his doom. It may take a bit of time to get it up, as 3 of my 4 charecters are in the scene, but it;ll be up by tonight. He SHOULD be dead by tomorow night.
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chase
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
And on a completely different note...

I'm a Girl!

Ahem... y'all knew me as Lien or Ebonydear on the old site. I HAVE NO PENIS.
Risen from the dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
See? See?? It's hard!
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Goto Top

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
uh... And... now for something completely different....

*Flashes to an image of little fuzzy bunnies. Which are hopping throught the pleasantly pastel grass. Everything is pretty and fluffy and lovely and dubby. *

We now return to our usual programming
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic