Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
A Warning I want to issue...
Topic Started: Oct 28 2006, 06:30 PM (804 Views)
Sephy
Member Avatar
High priestess of all things Gackt.
[ * ]
Oh, well it seems less fair since it means a handler with one or two characters is more likely to lose an important character, whereas a handler who's got 1 good character and 4 others that they post 1 sentance with once a week to keep them 'active' is more likely to stay in the game.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not... really.

OLD SYSTEM:

Group 1
1. Adam Dodd
2. Hawley Faust
3. Madelaine Shirohara
4. Amanda Jones
5. Marcus Roddy
6. David Jackson

Rolling 2 six-sided die could get you a combination like 1-6, in which David would be the rolled character.

NEW SYSTEM:

1. LadyMakaze
.....1 - Mitch Gunther
.....2 - Matthias Kovalenko
.....3 - Carmen Somerset
.....4 - Cathalie Meguro
.....5 - An Linh Tuan

2. Sephy
.....1 - Satoru Kamui

3. Aphrodite
.....1 - Corey Edwards
.....2 - Lee-Ann Collier
.....3 - Annabelle Bucchanon

The first roll would determine which handler would be chosen. Let's pretend it's a 3. Therefore, one of Aphrodite's character's is chosen to die. The second roll would determine which character would be rolled -- let's say 1. Corey would be chosen to die.

While I can see why you say it's unfair to handlers with only one or two characters, the fact is that you all have an equal chance of getting rolled. Those with less characters DO have a bigger chance of losing one of their important characters, but you know, that's why we have swap cards and contests. The other way penalized people with several characters who, for the most part, tend to contribute a bit more to the site anyway (I'm not saying you don't roleplay, DON'T take it like that. I'm saying that three characters do more than one).

There's no "fair" way to do it without punishing anybody for having too many or too few characters. This way, though, we don't run the risk of multiple characters being controlled by the same handler being rolled in the same roll (i.e. Riser's two).

Don't take that to mean that we're going to put up with "padding", though. One-liner posts once a week won't be considered active either. To be active, you have to actually be posting something worthwhile. Some of you should be making a note of what I just said. Nobody's going to get punished for "short" posts, but one-liners don't constitute activity.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nealosi
Member Avatar
Level 80
[ *  *  * ]
Well played, Megami. I think that was a much needed explaination. I like the system. I think it encourages good roleplaying personally, and diverse roleplaying.

Let the games begin!
I eat alone in a desert with skulls for my pets,
I rate the days 1 to 10 with lead cigarettes.

v4

Jeremy Ressler
Catherine Cowie
Haaziq Muhammad Sayf
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sephy
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Quote:

Don't take that to mean that we're going to put up with "padding", though. One-liner posts once a week won't be considered active either. To be active, you have to actually be posting something worthwhile. Some of you should be making a note of what I just said. Nobody's going to get punished for "short" posts, but one-liners don't constitute activity.

Ah, that was mainly what I was worried about, i'm fine if people wanna have 5 characters that they can handle, but someone having 4 cardboard cut-outs simply to protect thier flaghsip would've been vastly unfair.

ps- sorry if I seem to be acting a total anal-retentive bitch about everything, but I think it's better to get things sorted out now then people don't understand and the complaints flood in mid-way through the game, ne?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amen to that, my Gacktastic sister. ^^

Glad I cleared that up for everyone. Every so often it slips my mind that you all don't know everything I know and can't travel into the mind of Meg (and believe me, it's quite scary in there. Lots of cobwebs. :P)
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sephy
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Lets all travel into the mind of meg! *gets spaceship and shrink ray*
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pass. Pass? Pass, you guys? Pass?

Yeah, we're gonna pass.
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic