Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you do? I'm Mary Sue!; Oh yes.
Topic Started: Oct 27 2006, 08:41 AM (1,105 Views)
Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice touch at the end there, Meg.

I tested all three characters at once (great idea, Cyco!) and it got kinda jumbled but I can safely say that no one got even as high as 20. I think you should be able to subtract a couple points if they are below average intelligence. That'd help mine for sure. :D
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
Here's what my char's got.

Ernest 18-> Expected this.
Gregory 2-> 0_o
Harry 11->0_0 eh.... I don't get it... I'd have expected much higher...
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Huh. Whitney only got a 15. I was aiming for about a 25 to tell ya the truth, simply to show people that it's okay to have SOME qualities. The only thing that saves Whitney from being an all-out Sue, guys, is that I cover my ass with her. She's drop dead gorgeous, and she EARNS it. She's athletic, she exercizes, she gets up early, etc. That's how you avoid Suedom. Sues are perfect by nature. People are not. ^^.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Shula
Member Avatar
Queen of the Pirates
[ *  * ]
Heh....Adrian got a negative 1... Well, zero, for the "would you want to be friends with this type of person" one...but that's just because he needs a hug. =P
Posted Image

lovebirdjo
Member Avatar
Chainmail and butterfly kisses.
[ *  *  * ]
Just wondering on this question if this means naturally fair-skinned people?

*Is your character exceptionally pale despite spending much of their time outside, or exceptionally dark despite spending a vast amount of time inside? [+1 point]

Annabelle gets freckles. Does that count?

EDIT:

Lee-Ann: 10---- I actually expected a little higher than this, but okies.

Annabelle: 6 or 7 with tanning question.---- Sooooooooooooo much lower than what I had thought she'd be. After the changes in her profile to make her more rounded and believable, I think it helped.
Posted Image

G007 ~ Sierra Manning | >> // >> // > But I Might Die Tonight < | Pepper Spray
Quote:

12:56 am Mimi: ....do rodents often eat panties in Australia?

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's more along the lines of "Zack has very dark, bronzed skin, despite being of caucasian ethnicity and rarely ever stepping outside of the sanctity of his bedroom," or, "Catherine is pale as a sheet. She swims, runs track and field, and spends a lot of her time doing extracurriculars outside, but her skin remains alabaster in color." Redheads may not tan, but having several friends who are redheads, they at least get darker (or get more freckles. ^^).
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
I figured Albinism counted for that...
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Like I said, it's okay to have some "Sue-like" characteristics in your characters. The fact is that people who try to make such over-the-top, tragically flawed characters create Anti-Sues, and those can be just as bad, if not worse, than a Mary Sue. Instead of constantly drawing attention to the fact that they're perfect and wonderful and everybody loves them, an Anti-Sue is constantly trying to draw attention from their negative qualities -- bullies pick on them, no one likes them, they're just as angsty as a Mary Sue even if they've got nothing to be angsting about. My Tanesha character is a bit of an Anti-Sue in that regard, but I do try to write so that it conveys the message that Tanesha doesn't have it bad, she just thinks she does.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The MaSTeRS (Mary-Sue/Marty Stu Test Rating System)
On the Chopping Block: Damien Carter-Madison

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section I: What's in a Name?

*Is your character named after you? (This includes first, middle, or last names, nicknames, aliases, or chat names)? [+10 points]
Of course not.

*Is the character's name an unusual spelling of a more common word or name? (e.g. Kai'lee, Jessyka, etc.)? [+10 points]
Nope. That's the fruit of trying to "normalize" his name.

*Is your character's name a noun or adjective not normally used as a name? (e.g. Storm, Rock, etc.) [+5 points]
Damien -sounds- like Demon, but that's becoming more of a coincidence. No.

*Does your character's name have unneccessary hyphens, apostrophes, or other punctuation? (e.g. Donovan-Jacob, Ju'lee, etc.) [+4 points]
My real-life last name is actually hyphenated, so I wouldn't consider his name "unnecessarily" punctuated.

*Does the character have more than one first, middle, or last name without reason? [+3 points]
I count a hyphenated last name as one. So, no.

*Does the character have a name you really, really like? [+1 point] Yes. I'm sorry.
. Is it Raven? [+3 points]No.
. Is it a variation of Raven or another dark-sounding name? [+1 point] Damien is pretty dark, and I chose it for the reason outlined below. I'll agree for now.
. Is it Hunter? [+1 point] No, though in a previous failed fandom incarnation he was supposed to turn into one of those cool reptiles.

(I'm not really sure if the above question should be here or not as... we DO have characters with names the handler really likes, but "Raven", "Hunter" and the like aren't, and have never been used to my knowledge. What do you think?

I like the name Damien because it IS dark, though his nominal similarity to the character of the same first name and last initial from a certain BR fanfiction is still purely coincidential.)

*Does your character's name describe his or her personality? (e.g. Alma means kind, Curtis means courteous, etc.) [+1 point]
Damien sounds like "demon", but it is in fact the French form of Damian, which comes from the Greek word meaning "to tame." (found here) This recent revelation, while unexpected, has currently led me to say yes to the question though he is expected to change his personality so something far from...tame.

*Does your character have a nickname or pseudonym? [+1 point] Yes.
. Is it a "dangerous" nickname? (e.g. Stone Cold, Dagger, etc.) [+3 points] Dame Carter is more derogatory than dangerous. Fuck no.

*Is your character's name foreign, even though your character isn't? [+1 point] No. Andrade - his middle name - is Filipino, but he is partially of Filipino blood.
. Is it an Asian name? [+2 points] Damien might sound vaguely Chinese...if it weren't FRENCH. And I don't consider Andrade as Asian, as most Filipino names these days are of Spanish origin, like that one. Furthermore, I'm assuming that by "Asian" you mean CJK names, of which F names are clearly not.

*Does the character have a name or nickname that corresponds to a mythological/literary/historical/etc. figure (e.g. Venus, Faustus, Bonaparte)? [+1 point] This question is trapping in that even the most ordinary names (Francis, for instance) have been attached to many great historical figures over time (Bacon, Drake, Saint of Assisi, to name a few). I think you might be referring to the more unique, exotic names, in either case I will have to say no to both.

*Does your character share the same first or last name with a character from the series Battle Royale? [+2 points] He shares both his first name AND last initial with the Kazuo doppelganger from 72 Hours, does that count? Wait, I just said that was coincidence. No.

*Does your character share the same first or last name (common names such as Andrew or Jones do not count, we're talking Jamie Amy or Shirohara) with a character from SOTF Version 1? [+1 point] No. =p

Running Total: 4

Section II: Beauty is Only Skin Deep

*Is your character highly attractive? [+3 points] (if it is mentioned that your character has to work hard to maintain their physical beauty, only add 1 point) No. You sick pedophile. :lol:

*Are one or more characters attracted to him or her? [+1 point] Nope. Why would they be?
. Even though they are involved with someone else? [+2 points] (only add 1 point if said character isn't seriously committed to their relationship) No...
. In defiance of sexual orientation? [+4 points] I wish.

*Is an otherwise chaste or stoic character immediately attracted to your character? [+3 points] No...

(Once again, I'm not sure if the two above questions should be included in the test or not. It sort of depends on circumstance, you know? You can't really control whether or not another handler's character is crushing on yours, only whether or not one of your characters is crushing on said character. Input?

That second one could actually make the other character a Mary Stu. I'd look into it if I were you.)

*Does your character have an unusual eye color, or otherwise exceptional eyes? [+3 points] Damien's is just a plain brown. No.
. Are these eyes a color that does not occur in nature? [+1 point] 9_9;
. [Add only 1 point overall if said character obtains this unusual color via the use of contacts.]

*Does your character have eyes that somehow reflect deep sorrow, a tragic experience, etc.? (Regina's longing gray eyes always seemed to portray a sort of deep sorrow and resentment because of her horrific past) [+4 points] They used to when the torment started. As he got used to it, they just...became normal again. So, no.

*Does your character have unusual or exceptional hair without reason? (obviously, dye jobs and styling don't count) [+3 points] I'm guessing he just let his hair grow out like that because he didn't care. I'll get back to that.

*Is your character fashionable beyond their years (for example, you don't generally see a student wearing business suits or ballgowns to class) [+2 points] Nope...

(This question might be nullified if the character goes to a school that requires uniforms, unless they've modified their uniforms to look fashionable "beyond their years," which is unlikely. Can I subtract points for my character designed as to NOT look fashionable? This is, of course, different from the question about physical unattraction as defined below, though physical attractiveness could compromise the unfashionable clothing.)

*Does your character dress in a manner that you find particularly sexy, attractive, or cool? [+1 point] No.
. Even though it's illogical for said character to dress this way (dressing in designer clothes while all their siblings can afford is hand-me-downs is a good example; or dressing in miniskirts on school campus even though it's against the rulebook) [+3 points]

*Is your character ever described as "thin enough to be anorexic", where it is intended as a compliment? [+1 point] No.

*Is your character unusually slim and svelte without having to exercise or diet to keep the weight off? [+2 points] Slim, but certainly not svelte. No.

*Is your character unusually muscular and ripped without having to work to gain that type of body? [+2 points] I don't see a ripped Damien, do you?

*Does your character have a "natural hourglass figure" that requires no upkeep? [+1 point] My character's a guy, you queer. XD No.

*Is your character unusually developed for his or her age? (for example, your 13 year old girl is of average height and weight but bears D cup breasts) [+2 points] He's almost as tall as his peers, but puberty works different ways for different people. No.

(Can I subtract points if my character at least looks UNDERdeveloped for his age?)

*Does your character have any markings or piercings that a person under 18 years of age should not have? [+1 point] Nope.
. Do they have a tattoo? [+1 point] He wishes, but no.
. Was it professionally done without their parents signing for it? [+1 point] N/A

*Is your character exceptionally pale despite spending much of their time outside, or exceptionally dark despite spending a vast amount of time inside? [+1 point] Damien is exceptionally pale for spending much of his time inside. So, no.

*Is your character much older (read: several years, not just a year or so) than the rest of his/her classmates? [+1 point] No, quite the opposite. See bio and below comment.
. Is it because of a tragic occurance in his/her life that resulted in them missing out on a year or more of school? [+2 points] N/A

(Can I subtract points if my character is YOUNGER than the rest of his classmates?)

*Does your character look or act much older than the average high school student? [+2 points] Nope.

[Subtract 3 points if your character is overweight for the full duration of the story. Having been overweight but losing it prior or being "busty" doesn't count.]

[Subtract 3 points if your character has any stand-out physical features that would make them unusually unattractive, such as bad acne or a very large nose.] Whoowoo! Bad hair days pay off!

[Subtract 2 points if your character is very smug, arrogant, conceited, or vain about their looks.]

Running Total: 1

Section III: Don't Give Me Your Life Story!

*Does your character have an identical twin? [+5 points] Nope. Only one of my characters even has siblings of the moment.

(I considered putting "that is roleplayed by you" here because... I'll use Ziggy and Lien as an example. Their Debrah/Deliah girls are twins, but they obviously aren't going to be used for the same things since they aren't roleplayed by the same handlers.)

*Is your character of above average intelligence? [+1 point] Yes. Fuck.
. Is he/she a genius? [+1 point] In certain subjects, yes.
. Without having to study? [+1 point] Actually, he does, just not very much. But that's more than nothing.

(I'd like to have reworded that question about genius as academic genius almost never comes into play in a fight for survival in the not-so-great outdoors.)

*Is your character related to royalty, nobility, high-ranking government officials, etc.? [+4 points] Sometimes I think Nicole is the Filipina equivalent of Jack Thompson. But she still hasn't even matched his prominence. No.

*Is your character rich or well-to-do? [+1 point] Nope.

*Is your character the last surviving member of their family after some horrible and tragic accident occured? [+4 points] I was thinking that Damien could get into a rather minor car accident (i.e. walkawayable) after the party at Franco's house, just to strike back at people who might compare him to Kazuo. Either way, I'd say no.

*Does your character have amnesia? [+4 points] No...
. [Subtract 3 points if your character never remembers anything of what he or she has forgotten.]

*Does your character have an angsty past? ("Daddy touched me when I was little," is a prime example; as is "I killed someone.")[+1 point] Pretty much, yes, but see following question for commentary.
. Does he/she angst about it during the story? [+2 points] If you mean on the island, yes.

*Does your character's behavior stem from their tragic past? [+1 point] If you consider frequent beatings by classmates equivalent to sexual abuse and first-hand/second-hand death, yes. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in this case and the question before.

*Was your character an illegitimate child? [+1 point] No...

*Was your character ever kidnapped/abducted? [+1 point] ...and no...

*Was your character abandoned by their parents? [+1 point] Damien's father died a loving member of the family. No.

*Did your character ever (willingly or forcibly) sell his or her self? [+1 point] While he might be old enough for that sort of thing to be documented in some...documentary, he did not and very likely will not.

*Was your character born or raised in extreme poverty? [+1 point] Pfft no. XD

*Did your character run away from home? (for more than just a few days) [+1 point] Nah...

*Did your character ever suffer emotional or physical abuse? [+2 points] Yes, he did.

(At the hands of who? And would that matter?)

*Did your character ever suffer sexual abuse? [+2 points] I want him to, at which point I'll change my answer from the current no.
. Was it rape? [+1 point] N/A
. Was it incest (father/daughter, brother/sister, etc.)? [+1 point] N/A

*Has your character had numerous sexual partners? [+2 points if under 16 years of age, +1 point if 16 or older] No...
. Without anything bad ever happening? (STDs, pregnancy) [+1 point] N/A
. Despite their lack of safety? (read: if your female character is not on birth control and/or using condoms, she's likely to wind up pregnant. If your male character refuses to wear a condom, he might easily contract an STD. Fact of life.) [+1 point] N/A

*Does your character feel guilty about something that happened in the past? [+1 point] Not really. Other kids in his position might, but...
. Even when there's overwhelming evidence that it wasn't their fault? [+2 points] It was really their fault. No.

*Prior to the SOTF program, had your character ever committed a serious crime or felony that they would usually go to jail for (murder, rape, etc.) [+1 point] No, but Damien wishes he did.
. And did they mysteriously manage to get away with the crime? [+2 points] That too.

*Is your character, or should they be, classified as insane prior to the events of SOTF? [+2 points] Prior, no.
. But are still allowed to attend a normal high school despite this? [+3 points] N/A

(Good use of an SOTF-specific question.)

*Does your character consider their beauty/talent/skill/etc. a curse? [+3 points] FUCK yes. Well, he does consider his mathematical genius a curse now.

*Does your character carry a deep, dark secret with them that no one else knows? [+1 point] His special treasures definitely qualify as such.
. Will it affect their actions over the course of the game? [+1 point] Not when he does not have access to them, though. It might affect his mother's demeanor if and when she finds them.

[Subtract 2 points if your character is a protagonist but ever/will ever freely, willingly, and knowingly (read: in cold blood, NOT via accident) kill one of their fellow classmates.]

[Subtract 1 point if your character harbors a crush on a fellow classmate whom they have no hope of ever dating.]

[Subtract 3 points if your character harbors a deep hatred and resentment of another character because they are jealous of him or her.] Yes, of Marvin and Reneé. I'd make that 3 for each but that would be too egotistical on my part.

Running Total: 10

Section IV: It's Not Just About Looks!

*Is your character unusually accomplished for his/her age? [+2 points] He doesn't have that many (if any) achievements apart from an immaculate 4.0 GPA. That would actually make him under-accomplished.

(And can I subtract points for that?)

*Is your character fluent in more than 2 languages? [+1 point] Nope. He understands English and whatever Tagalog his mom inserts into her rants.
. More than 4 languages? [+2 points] No.

*Has your character travelled extensively? [+1 point] His travel life is comparable to that of an Afghan woman under the Taliban. XD

*Does your character collect things you consider intellectual or cultured? [+1 points] I doubt the "non-lethal mementos" that he collects could be counted as either intellectual or cultured, let alone his "little book of horrors".

*Is your character consistently radical and ill-behaved without repercussions? [+1 point] Of course not! You think maybe you could read that from his bio?

*Does your character ever easily learn a difficult skill (like becoming an expert martial artist in a matter of weeks or mastering the guitar in three days)? [+3 points] Probably not. His earliest..."sketches" were fairly crude.

*Does your character have an amazing singing voice? [+1 point] A man can dream. But dreams are not reality. No.

[Subtract 1 point if your character has ever fairly lost a fight or competition against someone who was not the character's rival.]

*Does your character play a musical instrument well? [+1 point] Nope...
. Is it guitar? [+1 point]
. Bass? [+1 point]
. Violin? [+1 point]
. Piano? [+1 point]

*Does your character "just know things", or can "sense" them? [+5 points] No. A lot of the things he "senses" (primarily, when someone's about to inflict harm on him) are fairly predictable in that they happen regularly and can be deduced by logic.

*Does your character speak with an accent relative to his or her country of residence? [+1 point] Yes, he's an American speaking with a relatively generic American accent.

(That means someone with an accent considered "normal" in America (be it New Yorker, Southern, Western, etc.) could score a point. WTF? You should probably ask if he/she speaks with an accent relative to his or her region of residence, and give points if he/she doesn't. )

*Does your character have a major quirk or habit in common with you? (biting your nails, "child-talk" around boys, etc.) [+2 points] I don't collect violent mementos (nor do I consider my formidable collection of GTA games as building on my rage, so fuck off Jack Thompson.) nor do I consider harming others an option as much as I used to when I was Damien's age.

*Does your character have a physical handicap that does not hinder him or her significantly? [+6 points] No...

[Subtract 4 points if your character is significantly physically handicapped.]

[Subtract 10 points if your character is significantly mentally handicapped.]

*Do animals or children instinctively like the character? [+3 points] Nobody likes him. ;~; 'Cept his mom.

*Is your character exceptionally popular? [+2 points] Define "popular." In the traditional sense, NO.
. Despite the fact that they are rude and uncivil toward their classmates? [+1 point] N/A
. Despite the fact that their classmates seem to detest them? [+1 point] N/A
. Are their classmates just jealous? [+1 point]

*Are other characters jealous of your character? [+1 point] No...
. Are other handlers jealous of your character? [+4 points] Of course not.

(How would I know that sub-question if I don't bother to ask their opinion, and even then they don't even imply that out loud. I will admit jealousy of Adam's characters, if you have to ask.)

[Subtract 1 point if your character is a smoker.]

[Subtract 2 points if your character has a dependency or addiction that is or would be very hard to break (such as gambling, drugs, alcoholism, a sex addiction, etc.]
. [Subtract another point if your character never overcomes this addiction.]

[Subtract 2 points if your character has a significant personality flaw (e.g. he/she is a spoiled brat, irrationally violent, naive and easily manipulated, etc.]
. [Subtract another point if these flaws persist until your character's death]
. [Subtract 2 points if these flaws get your character in serious trouble (they get themselves or another person killed, thrown in jail, etc.]

*Does your character have a special birthmark or other marking? [+4 points] No...

*Does your character have a physical flaw that does not actually detract from their beauty (e.g. too full lips)? [+2 points] Nope.

[Subtract 1 point for all the following that applies to your character:
. He/she remains in a committed relationship for the full duration of the story.
. He/she does not learn from major mistakes.
. He/she has very little or no empathy for other people.
. He/she is selfishly manipulative or sadistic (lies, blackmails, etc. to get their way).] I might agree with the 3rd one, as an offshoot of his personality, though I haven't actually developed that particular facet as much as I would now like.

Running Total: 10

Section IV: All Work and No Play Makes Johnny a Dull Boy

*Does your character have any particular skill at which he or she is among the best? [+1 point] Yes.
. Is your character widely known for this skill? [+1 point] Yes, unfortunately for him.

(Can I take off points if he is known for his skill in a negative way (unless it's an extreme, say, the character is good at killing without remorse)?)

*Is your character exceptionally good at something that most high school students have no practice in? (for example, said character is highly skilled at swordplay) [+2 points] Most high school students would probably have 8 grades of practice in math, so not really.

*Is your character in a band? (school-oriented groups such as jazz band and orchestra do not count) [+1 point] No...
. Is he/she the lead singer? [+1 point] N/A
. Is the band good enough to go pro? [+2 points] N/A

*Does your character have large amounts of disposable income? [+1 point] He only gets a fairly regular middle-class allowance, and is thankful that the other kids are too rich that robbing him wouldn't really make a difference.
. Despite the fact that they don't have a job? [+1 point] N/A
. Despite the fact that their parents aren't well-to-do? [+2 points] N/A

[Subtract 2 points if your character held a job up until the time of their class trip and regularly attended it.]

[Subtract 2 points if your character is repeatedly fired from and/or cannot keep a job because of a bad habit such as a short temper or a drug addiction.]

Running Total: 12

Section V: Stay in School! School is Cool!

*Does your character often skip class or not come to school at all without facing any repercussions? [+3 points] Damien has perfect attendance.
. [Only add 1 point if said character often gets in trouble for skipping class and/or skipping school.]

*Is your character enrolled in classes that he/she would not (or should not) be taking? (e.g. your slacker character is enrolled in an A.P. Trig class) [+1 point] Nope, he deserves his AP Calculus.
. And does he or she do exceptionally well in this class? [+2 points] N/A

*Is your character at the top of his or her class? [+2 points] To his detriment of course.

(Points off for that?)

*Is your character on a sports team? (cheerleading counts) [+1 point] Nope.
. And is he or she a star player on that team? [+2 points] N/A
. Is he or she the captain or co-captain [+2 points] N/A
. Does he or she win a major game/competition/tournament for the team at any point? [+1 point] N/A
* [Subtract 3 points if your character is on a sports team but never gets to play, is horrible, or serves as a benchwarmer or waterboy/girl.]

[Subtract 1 point if your character maintains a stellar GPA because he or she takes easy (slack-off) classes.]

Running Total: 14

Section VI: Your Character and You

*Is your character a mouthpiece for your views? [+2 points] Used to be.

*Does your character like and/or befriend characters that you would like to be friends with? [+2 points] Nope. He doesn't even want to "befriend."

[Subtract 4 points if your character likes and/or befriends characters that you would not like to be friends with.] He doens't have friends.

*Does your character often bully, pick on, or attempt to humiliate characters that you do not like? [+2 points] It's the characters (based on people) I don't like that are doing the beating. He deserves points off for that.

[Subtract 4 points if your character often bullies or picks on characters that you personally enjoy.]

*Does your character share the same religious and spiritual views as you do? [+2 points] He's a nominal Catholic (thanks to his mom,) I at least think I'm more devout than that. He and I are both secretly fascinated with demons, though for different purposes. Half-yes.

[Subtract 3 points if your character's views are radically different from yours throughout the duration of the story.] Oh, they will be, and I'm hoping that his performance will be a transfer and catharsis for all that pent-up rage.

*Does your character crush on characters that you would crush on in real life? [+1 point] No. I have crushes, he doesn't.

*Does your character possess skills or qualities you wish you had? [+1 point] Why would I want to be a friendless loser? Even if I am already? No.

*If your character were a real person, would you want to be friends with him or her? [+1 point]
Fuck no.

*Do you attempt to make your character the focal point of every storyline you enter? [+1 point]
Damien is guilty as charged, though I could probably not say the same for Marvin, Zed, or even Reneé as they have really only been in RPs with one other handler at a time.

*Do you feel that your character is more important than the other characters you roleplay with? [+1 point]
Not anymore.

*And finally, if you've managed to endure this entire test and fairly add up and subtract all the possible points therein, subtract 1 point for your patience and will to expand your writing talents.
I'll take 2, since I've also made the effort to add my commentary on each of the answers.

Final Total: 11

Commentary
It seems to be unclear as to what you mean by "story". Pregame and profile info are the only "story" we have so far, and that's merely background info for the main "story," which is the contest in itself. I have had to answer based on predictions, so the total will definitely be different when it's all said and bloodshed.

EDIT: As for Damien being an Anti-Sue, he doesn't explicitly (though he sometimes does implicitly) draw attention to his negative traits/past, at least not through his interactions with others. His mom does that for him, and a LOT, I might add.

Finally, which version of the MaSTeRS are we going off of? And what rating would constitute a Mary-Sue?

Will run Marvin and Zed in soon. Maybe Reneé, but the quiz would still apply only to pregame if I don't decide to have her influenced by events from the game.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Up on the block: Alex, Adam, Sarah, Rupert, Burton

*Is your character named after you? (This includes first, middle, or last names, nicknames, aliases, or chat names)? [+10 points]
Alexander = nope. [0]
Adam = crap. And he's another real person, too. [10]
Sarah = not quite. [0]
Rupert = nay. [0]
Burton = again, no. [0]

*Is the character's name an unusual spelling of a more common word or name? (e.g. Kai'lee, Jessyka, etc.)? [+10 points]

No for them all.

*Is your character's name a noun or adjective not normally used as a name? (e.g. Storm, Rock, etc.) [+5 points]

Another negative.

*Does your character's name have unneccessary hyphens, apostrophes, or other punctuation? (e.g. Donovan-Jacob, Ju'lee, etc.) [+4 points]

Negatory.

*Does the character have more than one first, middle, or last name without reason? [+3 points]

I don't even think I've given my characters middle names yet. O_o

*Does the character have a name you really, really like? [+1 point]

Well, I dunno. The name Burton is a cool name. So we'll add one.

Burton [1]
Adam [10]
Rupert, Sarah, Alexander [0]

. Is it Raven? [+3 points]

No.

. Is it a variation of Raven or another dark-sounding name? [+1 point]

No.

. Is it Hunter? [+1 point]

No.

(I'm not really sure if the above question should be here or not as... we DO have characters with names the handler really likes, but "Raven", "Hunter" and the like aren't, and have never been used to my knowledge. What do you think?)

*Does your character's name describe his or her personality? (e.g. Alma means kind, Curtis means courteous, etc.) [+1 point]

Uhhh...? Too much effort to find what they mean.

*Does your character have a nickname or pseudonym? [+1 point]
. Is it a "dangerous" nickname? (e.g. Stone Cold, Dagger, etc.) [+3 points]

Adam +1 (Dangles) [11]
Alex +1 (Ovie) [1]
Burton [1]
Sarah [0]
Rupert [0]

*Is your character's name foreign, even though your character isn't? [+1 point]
. Is it an Asian name? [+2 points]

Nope!

*Does the character have a name or nickname that corresponds to a mythological/literary/historical/etc. figure (e.g. Venus, Faustus, Bonaparte)? [+1 point]

Nope!

*Does your character share the same first or last name with a character from the series Battle Royale? [+2 points]

Uh. No!

*Does your character share the same first or last name (common names such as Andrew or Jones do not count, we're talking Jamie Amy or Shirohara) with a character from SOTF Version 1? [+1 point]

No Ruperts, no Burtons, and Alex, Sarah, and Adam are common, so...nope!

*Is your character highly attractive? [+3 points] (if it is mentioned that your character has to work hard to maintain their physical beauty, only add 1 point)

Adam +3 (It's not explicitly mentioned but 'built for sports' doesn't make you think unattractiveness. [14]
Alex [1]
Burton [1]
Sarah +1 (For working hard to maintain her professional attire [1]
Rupert [0] (HELLS no)

*Are one or more characters attracted to him or her? [+1 point]
. Even though they are involved with someone else? [+2 points] (only add 1 point if said character isn't seriously committed to their relationship)
. In defiance of sexual orientation? [+4 points]

Another Negatory.

*Is an otherwise chaste or stoic character immediately attracted to your character? [+3 points]

(Once again, I'm not sure if the two above questions should be included in the test or not. It sort of depends on circumstance, you know? You can't really control whether or not another handler's character is crushing on yours, only whether or not one of your characters is crushing on said character. Input?)

*shrug*

*Does your character have an unusual eye color, or otherwise exceptional eyes? [+3 points]
. Are these eyes a color that does not occur in nature? [+1 point]
. [Add only 1 point overall if said character obtains this unusual color via the use of contacts.]

Uh...nope! Boring old real colours for me!

*Does your character have eyes that somehow reflect deep sorrow, a tragic experience, etc.? (Regina's longing gray eyes always seemed to portray a sort of deep sorrow and resentment because of her horrific past) [+4 points]

No, generally my guys are happy-go-lucky.

*Does your character have unusual or exceptional hair without reason? (obviously, dye jobs and styling don't count) [+3 points]

Um, nope. Just the usual hair gel and grease. :P

*Is your character fashionable beyond their years (for example, you don't generally see a student wearing business suits or ballgowns to class) [+2 points]

Hm. I'm torn, because of 2 of my characters style of dress, but I'm gonna go with no on this one.

*Does your character dress in a manner that you find particularly sexy, attractive, or cool? [+1 point]
. Even though it's illogical for said character to dress this way (dressing in designer clothes while all their siblings can afford is hand-me-downs is a good example; or dressing in miniskirts on school campus even though it's against the rulebook) [+3 points]

Not really, no.

*Is your character ever described as "thin enough to be anorexic", where it is intended as a compliment? [+1 point]

Uh, no.

*Is your character unusually slim and svelte without having to exercise or diet to keep the weight off? [+2 points]

Nope.

*Is your character unusually muscular and ripped without having to work to gain that type of body? [+2 points]

*sigh*
Adam +2 (In real life, he does work to maintain but I didn't mention that in the bio.) [13]
Alex [1]
Burton [1]
Sarah [1]
Rupert [0]

*Does your character have a "natural hourglass figure" that requires no upkeep? [+1 point]

LOL.

*Is your character unusually developed for his or her age? (for example, your 13 year old girl is of average height and weight but bears D cup breasts) [+2 points]

Heh. Nope.

*Does your character have any markings or piercings that a person under 18 years of age should not have? [+1 point]
. Do they have a tattoo? [+1 point]

Adam [13]
Alex +1 [2]
Burton [1]
Sarah [1]
Rupert [0]

. Was it professionally done without their parents signing for it? [+1 point]

Adam [13]
Alex +1 [3] (but he's 21!)
Burton [1]
Sarah [1]
Rupert [0]

*Is your character exceptionally pale despite spending much of their time outside, or exceptionally dark despite spending a vast amount of time inside? [+1 point]

Nay.

*Is your character much older (read: several years, not just a year or so) than the rest of his/her classmates? [+1 point]

Adam [13]
Alex +1 [4] (but he's 21!) <---bah.
Burton [1]
Sarah [1]
Rupert [0]

. Is it because of a tragic occurance in his/her life that resulted in them missing out on a year or more of school? [+2 points]

NHL hockey player? Tragic? Nah, I think not.

*Does your character look or act much older than the average high school student? [+2 points]

Adam [13]
Alex [4]
Burton +2 [3] (He's cultured, so...eh.)
Sarah [1]
Rupert [0]

[Subtract 3 points if your character is overweight for the full duration of the story. Having been overweight but losing it prior or being "busty" doesn't count.]

Adam [13]
Alex [4]
Burton [3]
Sarah [1]
Rupert -3 [-3]

[Subtract 3 points if your character has any stand-out physical features that would make them unusually unattractive, such as bad acne or a very large nose.]

Adam [13]
Alex [4]
Burton [3]
Sarah [1]
Rupert -3 [-6]

[Subtract 2 points if your character is very smug, arrogant, conceited, or vain about their looks.]

Nay.

*Does your character have an identical twin? [+5 points]

Uh. No.

(I considered putting "that is roleplayed by you" here because... I'll use Ziggy and Lien as an example. Their Debrah/Deliah girls are twins, but they obviously aren't going to be used for the same things since they aren't roleplayed by the same handlers.)

*Is your character of above average intelligence? [+1 point]

Adam +1 [14]
Alex +1 [5]
Burton +1 [4]
Sarah +1 [2]
Rupert +1 [-5]

. Is he/she a genius? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [5]
Burton +1 [5]
Sarah [2]
Rupert [-5]

. Without having to study? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [5]
Burton +1 [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert [-5]

*Is your character related to royalty, nobility, high-ranking government officials, etc.? [+4 points]

No, actually.

*Is your character rich or well-to-do? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex +1 [6] (he plays in the nhl, for goodness sakes)
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert [-5]

*Is your character the last surviving member of their family after some horrible and tragic accident occured? [+4 points]

No.

*Does your character have amnesia? [+4 points]
. [Subtract 3 points if your character never remembers anything of what he or she has forgotten.]

No, I bet Rupert wished he did though.

*Does your character have an angsty past? ("Daddy touched me when I was little," is a prime example; as is "I killed someone.")[+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert +1 [-4] (i'm almost tempted to give him a plus two)

. Does he/she angst about it during the story? [+2 points]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert +2 [-2] (yeah, he will.)

*Does your character's behavior stem from their tragic past? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert +1 [-1] *sigh*

*Was your character an illegitimate child? [+1 point]

Nope.

*Was your character ever kidnapped/abducted? [+1 point]

Nope.

*Was your character abandoned by their parents? [+1 point]

Nope.

*Did your character ever (willingly or forcibly) sell his or her self? [+1 point]

Nope.

*Was your character born or raised in extreme poverty? [+1 point]

Nope.

*Did your character run away from home? (for more than just a few days) [+1 point]

Nope.

*Did your character ever suffer emotional or physical abuse? [+2 points]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]
Rupert +2 [1] (Rupert's in the positives!)

*Did your character ever suffer sexual abuse? [+2 points]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Rupert +2 [3] (Rupert's FURTHER in the positives!)
Sarah [2]

. Was it rape? [+1 point]

Geh.

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Rupert +1 [4]
Sarah [2]

. Was it incest (father/daughter, brother/sister, etc.)? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Rupert +1 [5] (I'm trying to remember if I used this as a checklist of things I could do to him.)
Sarah [2]

*Has your character had numerous sexual partners? [+2 points if under 16 years of age, +1 point if 16 or older]

Nope.

. Without anything bad ever happening? (STDs, pregnancy) [+1 point]
. Despite their lack of safety? (read: if your female character is not on birth control and/or using condoms, she's likely to wind up pregnant. If your male character refuses to wear a condom, he might easily contract an STD. Fact of life.) [+1 point]

Nope.

*Does your character feel guilty about something that happened in the past? [+1 point]

Adam [14]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Rupert +1 [6] (I think I might have.)
Sarah [2]

. Even when there's overwhelming evidence that it wasn't their fault? [+2 points]

Adam [14]
Rupert +2 [8]
Alex [6]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]

*Prior to the SOTF program, had your character ever committed a serious crime or felony that they would usually go to jail for (murder, rape, etc.) [+1 point]

No!

. And did they mysteriously manage to get away with the crime? [+2 points]

No!

*Is your character, or should they be, classified as insane prior to the events of SOTF? [+2 points]

Nope!

. But are still allowed to attend a normal high school despite this? [+3 points]

Hah, insane.

*Does your character consider their beauty/talent/skill/etc. a curse? [+3 points]

Nah.

*Does your character carry a deep, dark secret with them that no one else knows? [+1 point]

Sarah Dao is obsessed with the winner of SOTF v1. ..whoops, now it's not a secret anymore! :D

. Will it affect their actions over the course of the game? [+1 point]

Nope!

[Subtract 2 points if your character is a protagonist but ever/will ever freely, willingly, and knowingly (read: in cold blood, NOT via accident) kill one of their fellow classmates.]

Adam -2 [12]
Rupert [8]
Alex -2 [4]
Burton [6]
Sarah [2]

[Subtract 1 point if your character harbors a crush on a fellow classmate whom they have no hope of ever dating.]

*shrug*

[Subtract 3 points if your character harbors a deep hatred and resentment of another character because they are jealous of him or her.]

*shrug again*

*Is your character unusually accomplished for his/her age? [+2 points]

Adam [12]
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex +1 [5]
Sarah [2]

*Is your character fluent in more than 2 languages? [+1 point]

No.

. More than 4 languages? [+2 points]

No.

*Has your character travelled extensively? [+1 point]

Adam [12]
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex +1 [6] (You kind of do as a pro hockey player)
Sarah [2]

*Does your character collect things you consider intellectual or cultured? [+1 points]

Nope.

*Is your character consistently radical and ill-behaved without repercussions? [+1 point]

Adam [12]
Rupert [9] +1 He's catching up to Adam! :o
Burton [6]
Alex [6]
Sarah [2]

*Does your character ever easily learn a difficult skill (like becoming an expert martial artist in a matter of weeks or mastering the guitar in three days)? [+3 points]

No.

*Does your character have an amazing singing voice? [+1 point]

I can say NO most definitely on three of them - have to get Sarah Dao to sing for me though, then we'll see. :P

[Subtract 1 point if your character has ever fairly lost a fight or competition against someone who was not the character's rival.]

Adam [11] -1
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex [5] -1
Sarah [2]

*Does your character play a musical instrument well? [+1 point]
. Bass? [+1 point]
. Violin? [+1 point]
. Piano? [+1 point]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex [5]
Sarah [2] +1 for the pianer

*Does your character "just know things", or can "sense" them? [+5 points]

No.

*Does your character speak with an accent relative to his or her country of residence? [+1 point]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex [6] +1 Why is that a plus?
Sarah [2]

*Does your character have a major quirk or habit in common with you? (biting your nails, "child-talk" around boys, etc.) [+2 points]

Nope.

*Does your character have a physical handicap that does not hinder him or her significantly? [+6 points]

No sir. Unless you consider obesity a handicap.

No Andrew Lipsons this time around.

No, um...?

*Do animals or children instinctively like the character? [+3 points]

No.

*Is your character exceptionally popular? [+2 points]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Burton [6]
Alex [8] +2 Well, he is.
Sarah [2]

. Despite the fact that they are rude and uncivil toward their classmates? [+1 point]

No.

. Despite the fact that their classmates seem to detest them? [+1 point]

No.

No.

*Are other characters jealous of your character? [+1 point]

No.

. Are other handlers jealous of your character? [+4 points]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Burton [5] -1
Alex [8]
Sarah [2]

[Subtract 2 points if your character has a dependency or addiction that is or would be very hard to break (such as gambling, drugs, alcoholism, a sex addiction, etc.]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Alex [8]
Burton [3] -2
Sarah [2]

Adam [11]
Rupert [8]
Alex [8]
Burton [2] -1
Sarah [2]

[Subtract 2 points if your character has a significant personality flaw (e.g. he/she is a spoiled brat, irrationally violent, naive and easily manipulated, etc.]

Adam [11]
Alex [8]
Rupert [6] -2
Burton [2]
Sarah [2]

Haven't decided yet.

. [Subtract 2 points if these flaws get your character in serious trouble (they get themselves or another person killed, thrown in jail, etc.]

We'll see.

*Does your character have a special birthmark or other marking? [+4 points]

No.

*Does your character have a physical flaw that does not actually detract from their beauty (e.g. too full lips)? [+2 points]

no.

. He/she remains in a committed relationship for the full duration of the story.
. He/she has very little or no empathy for other people. *
. He/she is selfishly manipulative or sadistic (lies, blackmails, etc. to get their way).] *

Adam [11]
Alex [8]
Rupert [4] -2
Burton [2]
Sarah [2]

*Does your character have any particular skill at which he or she is among the best? [+1 point]

Adam [11]
Alex [9] +1
Rupert [4]
Burton [2]
Sarah [2]

. Is your character widely known for this skill? [+1 point]

Adam [11]
Alex [10] +1
Rupert [4]
Burton [2]
Sarah [2]

*Is your character exceptionally good at something that most high school students have no practice in? (for example, said character is highly skilled at swordplay) [+2 points]

Uh, no.

*Is your character in a band? (school-oriented groups such as jazz band and orchestra do not count) [+1 point]

No.

. Is he/she the lead singer? [+1 point]

No.

. Is the band good enough to go pro? [+2 points]

No.

*Does your character have large amounts of disposable income? [+1 point]

Adam [11]
Alex [11] Well, he's rich. +1
Rupert [4]
Burton [2]
Sarah [2]

. Despite the fact that they don't have a job? [+1 point]

No.

. Despite the fact that their parents aren't well-to-do? [+2 points]

No.

[Subtract 2 points if your character held a job up until the time of their class trip and regularly attended it.]

Adam [11]
Alex [9] -2
Rupert [4]
Burton [0] -2
Sarah [0] -2

[Subtract 2 points if your character is repeatedly fired from and/or cannot keep a job because of a bad habit such as a short temper or a drug addiction.]

*Does your character often skip class or not come to school at all without facing any repercussions? [+3 points]

No.

. [Only add 1 point if said character often gets in trouble for skipping class and/or skipping school.]

*Is your character enrolled in classes that he/she would not (or should not) be taking? (e.g. your slacker character is enrolled in an A.P. Trig class) [+1 point]

No.

. And does he or she do exceptionally well in this class? [+2 points]

No.

*Is your character at the top of his or her class? [+2 points]

Adam [13] +2
Alex [9]
Rupert [4]
Sarah [2] +2
Burton [0]

*Is your character on a sports team? (cheerleading counts) [+1 point]
. And is he or she a star player on that team? [+2 points]
. Is he or she the captain or co-captain [+2 points]
. Does he or she win a major game/competition/tournament for the team at any point? [+1 point]
* [Subtract 3 points if your character is on a sports team but never gets to play, is horrible, or serves as a benchwarmer or waterboy/girl.]

Adam [15] +2 On a team, is a star player
Alex [13] +4 Basically all of them.
Rupert [4]
Sarah [2]
Burton [0]

[Subtract 1 point if your character maintains a stellar GPA because he or she takes easy (slack-off) classes.]

No.

*Is your character a mouthpiece for your views? [+2 points]

No, we've done that before.

*Does your character like and/or befriend characters that you would like to be friends with? [+2 points]

Adam [17] +2 He IS my friend!
Alex [13]
Rupert [4]
Sarah [4] +2 So is she!
Burton [0]

[Subtract 4 points if your character likes and/or befriends characters that you would not like to be friends with.]

*Does your character often bully, pick on, or attempt to humiliate characters that you do not like? [+2 points]

Adam [19] +2 Fucking Paris.
Alex [13]
Sarah [4]
Burton [0]
Rupert [0] -4 He hates everyone.

[Subtract 4 points if your character often bullies or picks on characters that you personally enjoy.]

*Does your character share the same religious and spiritual views as you do? [+2 points]

Um. Iunno.

[Subtract 3 points if your character's views are radically different from yours throughout the duration of the story.]

Adam [19]
Alex [13]
Sarah [4]
Burton [0]
Rupert [-3] -3 He hates everyone, especially catholics and gays.

*Does your character crush on characters that you would crush on in real life? [+1 point]

Haven't really gotten into that.

*Does your character possess skills or qualities you wish you had? [+1 point]

Adam [19]
Alex [14] +1 BYEAH!
Sarah [5] +1 Yepyep.
Burton [0]
Rupert [-3]

*If your character were a real person, would you want to be friends with him or her? [+1 point]

Adam [20] +1
Alex [15] +1
Sarah [6] +1
Burton [1] +1
Rupert [-3]

*Do you attempt to make your character the focal point of every storyline you enter? [+1 point]

Nope. At least, not this time around.

*Do you feel that your character is more important than the other characters you roleplay with? [+1 point]

No.

*And finally, if you've managed to endure this entire test and fairly add up and subtract all the possible points therein, subtract 1 point for your patience and will to expand your writing talents.

-1 to all! :D

All right, so here's how we match up.

Adam [19]
Alex [14]
Sarah [5]
Andrew [4] (I ran him through last night)
Burton [0]
Rupert [-4]
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

LadyMakaze
Member Avatar
Five percent.
[ *  *  * ]
Up on the block, trial by ordeal!

Matthias Kovalenko [0]
An Linh Tuan [0]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset [0]
Cathalie Meguro [0]
Mitch Gunther [0]

Innocent until proven guilty, let the trial begin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Nope.]

[Uhhh, nope.]

[Nope]

[Don't think so.]

[An Linh only has one middle name, which is Quyen]

[...bleh.]

Matthias Kovalenko [0]
An Linh Tuan [0]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset [0]
Cathalie Meguro +1[1]
Mitch Gunther +1[1]

[No, no, and furthermore, no.]

(I'm not really sure if the above question should be here or not as... we DO have characters with names the handler really likes, but "Raven", "Hunter" and the like aren't, and have never been used to my knowledge. What do you think?)

[Nooooope]

[Hmmmm...]

Matthias Kovalenko +1 [1] (Matt)
An Linh Tuan [0]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset [0]
Cathalie Meguro [1]
Mitch Gunther [1]

[Uh...no.]

[Not really, and no.]

*Does the character have a name or nickname that corresponds to a mythological/literary/historical/etc. figure (e.g. Venus, Faustus, Bonaparte)? [+1 point]

[Meh, not really.]

*Does your character share the same first or last name with a character from the series Battle Royale? [+2 points]

[*snrk* No.]

*Does your character share the same first or last name (common names such as Andrew or Jones do not count, we're talking Jamie Amy or Shirohara) with a character from SOTF Version 1? [+1 point]

[Not at all.]

*Is your character highly attractive? [+3 points] (if it is mentioned that your character has to work hard to maintain their physical beauty, only add 1 point)

Matthias Kovalenko [1]
An Linh Tuan [0]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset +3 [3] (Quite the beauty. Though she fusses over her own appearance, she's quite good looking naturally.)
Cathalie Meguro [1]
Mitch Gunther [1]

[I wouldn't know at this point.]

. Even though they are involved with someone else? [+2 points] (only add 1 point if said character isn't seriously committed to their relationship)

[Don't think so.]

[....No idea.]

*Is an otherwise chaste or stoic character immediately attracted to your character? [+3 points]

[Once again, how would I know?]

(Once again, I'm not sure if the two above questions should be included in the test or not. It sort of depends on circumstance, you know? You can't really control whether or not another handler's character is crushing on yours, only whether or not one of your characters is crushing on said character. Input?)

*Does your character have an unusual eye color, or otherwise exceptional eyes? [+3 points]

[Hmmm, not really.]

*Does your character have eyes that somehow reflect deep sorrow, a tragic experience, etc.? (Regina's longing gray eyes always seemed to portray a sort of deep sorrow and resentment because of her horrific past) [+4 points]

[Don't think so.....]

*Does your character have unusual or exceptional hair without reason? (obviously, dye jobs and styling don't count) [+3 points]

[Naw, An Linh dyes her hair, and Carmen styles the hell out of hers.]

*Is your character fashionable beyond their years (for example, you don't generally see a student wearing business suits or ballgowns to class) [+2 points]

Matthias Kovalenko [1]
An Linh Tuan [0]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset +2[5] (Designer fashions ahoy.)
Cathalie Meguro [1]
Mitch Gunther [1]

*Does your character dress in a manner that you find particularly sexy, attractive, or cool? [+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[2] (His sense of dress is semi classy, which I find kind of hot to be honest. ^^;)
An Linh Tuan +1[1] (Red canvas hightops, w00t!)
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset +1[6] (Again with the designer fashions.)
Cathalie Meguro +1[2] (I actually find pseudo-gothic type fashion kind of cool)
Mitch Gunther [1]

[Carmen's family is quite rich all around, and her Mom basically is a designer herself.]

*Is your character ever described as "thin enough to be anorexic", where it is intended as a compliment? [+1 point]

[None are really thin enough to be anorexic.]

*Is your character unusually slim and svelte without having to exercise or diet to keep the weight off? [+2 points]

[Not really, all my characters either live a pretty active lifestyle, except Carmen who goes on diets, and Cathalie and Mitch, who aren't well-fed in the orphanage environment]

*Is your character unusually muscular and ripped without having to work to gain that type of body? [+2 points]

[Nope]

*Does your character have a "natural hourglass figure" that requires no upkeep? [+1 point]

[None of my characters really have an hourglass figure]

*Is your character unusually developed for his or her age? (for example, your 13 year old girl is of average height and weight but bears D cup breasts) [+2 points]

[Don't think so.]

*Does your character have any markings or piercings that a person under 18 years of age should not have? [+1 point]

[Nope, don't think so.]

[None of my characters have tattoos]

Matthias Kovalenko [2] An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [0]
Carmen Somerset [6]
Cathalie Meguro +1 [3]
Mitch Gunther [1]

*Is your character much older (read: several years, not just a year or so) than the rest of his/her classmates? [+1 point]
. Is it because of a tragic occurance in his/her life that resulted in them missing out on a year or more of school? [+2 points]

[No, and no.]

*Does your character look or act much older than the average high school student? [+2 points]

[Don't think so, they tend to act around their age or younger.]

[Subtract 3 points if your character has any stand-out physical features that would make them unusually unattractive, such as bad acne or a very large nose.]

[Nope.]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[3]
An Linh Tuan +1[1]
Jodeen Kovalenko +1[1]
Carmen Somerset +1[7]
Cathalie Meguro +1 [4]
Mitch Gunther +1[2]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [7]
Cathalie Meguro [4]
Mitch Gunther +1[3]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [7]
Cathalie Meguro [4]
Mitch Gunther +1[4]

*Is your character related to royalty, nobility, high-ranking government officials, etc.? [+4 points]

[Uh....no?]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +1[8] (Quite.)
Cathalie Meguro [4]
Mitch Gunther [4]

*Is your character the last surviving member of their family after some horrible and tragic accident occured? [+4 points]

[Not really...]

[Nope]

*Does your character have an angsty past? ("Daddy touched me when I was little," is a prime example; as is "I killed someone.")[+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro +1[5] (Passed around from family to family with no one to truly love her except maybe Mitch.)
Mitch Gunther [4]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro +1[6] (Quite.)
Mitch Gunther [4]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro +1[7] (Pretty much.)
Mitch Gunther [4]

*Did your character ever (willingly or forcibly) sell his or her self? [+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko [3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro +1[8]
Mitch Gunther +1 [5]

*Did your character run away from home? (for more than just a few days) [+1 point]

[Nope]

[Nope]

[JodeenxMatthias!!! ...no.]

*Has your character had numerous sexual partners? [+2 points if under 16 years of age, +1 point if 16 or older]
. Despite their lack of safety? (read: if your female character is not on birth control and/or using condoms, she's likely to wind up pregnant. If your male character refuses to wear a condom, he might easily contract an STD. Fact of life.) [+1 point]

[NO.]

*Does your character feel guilty about something that happened in the past? [+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro [8]
Mitch Gunther [5]

. Even when there's overwhelming evidence that it wasn't their fault? [+2 points]

*Prior to the SOTF program, had your character ever committed a serious crime or felony that they would usually go to jail for (murder, rape, etc.) [+1 point]

[Don't think so.]

*Is your character, or should they be, classified as insane prior to the events of SOTF? [+2 points]
. But are still allowed to attend a normal high school despite this? [+3 points]

[._. *hugs Mitch*]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro [8]
Mitch Gunther +5[10]

*Does your character consider their beauty/talent/skill/etc. a curse? [+3 points]

*Does your character carry a deep, dark secret with them that no one else knows? [+1 point]

[Who knows. We shall see.]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro [8]
Mitch Gunther -1[9]

[Subtract 3 points if your character harbors a deep hatred and resentment of another character because they are jealous of him or her.]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [8]
Cathalie Meguro -3[5] (Envious of just about everybody who has a home and a family.)
Mitch Gunther [9]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +2[10] (She's a model and debutante socialite)
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [9]

[Nooooo....]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +1[11] (Oh the things that come with being rich.)
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [9]

*Does your character collect things you consider intellectual or cultured? [+1 points]

[Mitch collects keys, coins, hypodermic needles, computer chips...but I dunno if you coudl call that cultured.]

*Is your character consistently radical and ill-behaved without repercussions? [+1 point]

[Mitch gets in plenty of trouble for the things he does.]

*Does your character ever easily learn a difficult skill (like becoming an expert martial artist in a matter of weeks or mastering the guitar in three days)? [+3 points]

[Don't think so.]

[Not really.]

Matthias Kovalenko -1[3]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [11]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [9]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[4] (The saxophone. :))
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [11]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [9]

. Bass? [+1 point]
. Violin? [+1 point]
. Piano? [+1 point]

[Not really...]

*Does your character speak with an accent relative to his or her country of residence? [+1 point]

[Yes! They have AMERICAN accents! -_-]

*Does your character have a major quirk or habit in common with you? (biting your nails, "child-talk" around boys, etc.) [+2 points]

[I don't think so...]

*Does your character have a physical handicap that does not hinder him or her significantly? [+6 points]

[Huh, not really.]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [11]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -10[-1] (He's pretty much incapable of communicating the same way with other people, and his mindset puts him on a completely different wavelength from others.)

[Not particularly.]

Matthias Kovalenko [4]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +2[13]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -[-1]

. Despite the fact that they are rude and uncivil toward their classmates? [+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[5] (Eric is jealous of Matthias, or so I've heard.)
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +1[14] (Pretty sure plenty would be jealous of her, particularly Tanesha Lexx.)
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-1]

Matthias Kovalenko [5]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [14]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -2[-3] (Yay for kleptomania)

[...Uh.]

Matthias Kovalenko [5]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [14]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -1[-4] (KLEPTOMANIA 4EVER)

Matthias Kovalenko [5]
An Linh Tuan -2[-1] (incredibly mistrustful, paranoid of assimilation)
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset -2[12] (Spiteful and manipulative, two-faced)
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -2[-6] (His mindset in general makes him a social pariah.)

[Who knows...]

[We shall see...]

[Nope.]

*Does your character have a physical flaw that does not actually detract from their beauty (e.g. too full lips)? [+2 points]

[Don't think so...]

. He/she is selfishly manipulative or sadistic (lies, blackmails, etc. to get their way).]

Matthias Kovalenko [5]
An Linh Tuan [-1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset -1[11] (Pretty sadistic when it comes to being a saboteuse of other people's lives.)
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther -1[-7] (Don't think he'll ever learn that it's not wise to bite people or steal the things he finds.)

*Does your character have any particular skill at which he or she is among the best? [+1 point]

[Hmmm, don't think so.]

[Nope.]

*Is your character exceptionally good at something that most high school students have no practice in? (for example, said character is highly skilled at swordplay) [+2 points]

Matthias Kovalenko +2[7] (Pretty good with the saxophone)
An Linh Tuan +2[1] [Vovinam and other types of martial arts.]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset [11]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-7]

*Is your character in a band? (school-oriented groups such as jazz band and orchestra do not count) [+1 point]

[Not really.]

Matthias Kovalenko [7]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko [1]
Carmen Somerset +2[13]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-7]

Matthias Kovalenko -2[5] (Works at his father's restaurant)
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko -2[-1] (Likewise.)
Carmen Somerset [13]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-7]

*Does your character often skip class or not come to school at all without facing any repercussions? [+3 points]

[Not really.]

*Is your character enrolled in classes that he/she would not (or should not) be taking? (e.g. your slacker character is enrolled in an A.P. Trig class) [+1 point]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[6]
An Linh Tuan [1]
Jodeen Kovalenko +1[0] (Likewise.)
Carmen Somerset [13]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-7]

[Nope]

[Not really.]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[7] (Basketball)
An Linh Tuan +1[2] (Track)
Jodeen Kovalenko +1[1] (Softball.)
Carmen Somerset [13]
Cathalie Meguro [5]
Mitch Gunther [-7]

. Does he or she win a major game/competition/tournament for the team at any point? [+1 point]

[none of the above.]

[Don't think so.]

[I wouldn't say so.]

*Does your character like and/or befriend characters that you would like to be friends with? [+2 points]

Matthias Kovalenko +2[9]
An Linh Tuan +2[4]
Jodeen Kovalenko +2[3]
Carmen Somerset [13]
Cathalie Meguro +2[7] (I WOULD like to be friends with Mitch.)
Mitch Gunther [-7]

[Subtract 4 points if your character likes and/or befriends characters that you would not like to be friends with.]

Matthias Kovalenko [9]
An Linh Tuan [4]
Jodeen Kovalenko [3]
Carmen Somerset -4[9] (Sisterhood, bleh.)
Cathalie Meguro [7]
Mitch Gunther -4[-11] (But I don't think I'd enjoy being around Cathalie....)

*Does your character often bully, pick on, or attempt to humiliate characters that you do not like? [+2 points]

Matthias Kovalenko [9]
An Linh Tuan [4]
Jodeen Kovalenko [3]
Carmen Somerset -4[5]
Cathalie Meguro [7]
Mitch Gunther [-11]

*Does your character share the same religious and spiritual views as you do? [+2 points]

[Uhhh....don't think so....]

[Subtract 3 points if your character's views are radically different from yours throughout the duration of the story.]

*Does your character crush on characters that you would crush on in real life? [+1 point]

[I really don't know. o.O]

Matthias Kovalenko +1[10]
An Linh Tuan +1[5]
Jodeen Kovalenko [3]
Carmen Somerset [5]
Cathalie Meguro [7]
Mitch Gunther +1[-10] (MAD TETRIS SKILLS! YEAH!)

Matthias Kovalenko +1[11]
An Linh Tuan [5]
Jodeen Kovalenko +1[4]
Carmen Somerset [5]
Cathalie Meguro [7]
Mitch Gunther +1[-9]

[Nah...]

*Do you feel that your character is more important than the other
characters you roleplay with? [+1 point]

[Hmmm, not really o.o]

[Fuck yeah!]

Matthias Kovalenko [10]
Cathalie Meguro [6]
An Linh Tuan [4]
Carmen Somerset [4]
Jodeen Kovalenko [3]
Mitch Gunther [-10]

Hmmm, c'est tres interressant, n'est pas?
Posted Image
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Alive: Julie Mikan(at the Marsh), Alice Jones(at the Jailhouse)

Dead: Luke Rowan, Nadine Willowbrook, Galen Neilson

v4: Mina "Yulin" Bathory, Gwynnes "Gwyn" Whitaker

Sephy
Member Avatar
High priestess of all things Gackt.
[ * ]
i'll run Satoru through as I comment.

*Is your character named after you? (This includes first, middle, or last names, nicknames, aliases, or chat names)? [+10 points]no

*Is the character's name an unusual spelling of a more common word or name? (e.g. Kai'lee, Jessyka, etc.)? [+10 points]no

no

nope

nope

I don't think the Raven and Hunter names are relevant to SOTF, i'd say keep the first Q and drop the sub-questions.

I don't really, really like the name (there are a lot I like better) but I do rather like it, would that be half a point or what?

Most Japanese parents spend a lot of time picking a name for it's meaning of what they want thier child to be, and obviously until a certain age parents decide what a child turns out like, so i'm not sure wether this question as a Sue-ish depending on a character's nationality.
but anyway, yup ^-^ +1 to Satoru.

nope

nope, Satoru's as Japanese as his name ^_^

Camui can mean 'god' or 'one with the power of God' but it's also a very, very common name where my character was born.

I think this question is a little harsh, there are lots of famous mythological and literary figures with really common names, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen in Greek Mythology alone.

no

no

Attractive to the handler or other characters?

I don't think this is revlevant since in an RP you can't control other character's actions, maybe it'd be better as something like "have you created other characters for the purpose of lusing over your main character?"

yup, +1

not unless you count red eyes that reflect the pain of itchy contact lenses :P

no

I suppose being a 'prince' level Lolitgoth counts..+2

I'm not sure, is jewlerry banned at PJ Gilroy?

no

no
no
wouldn't this one be a bad thing for male characters?

no

I had lots of friends that had tattoos before they were 18, I don't see this as Sue-ish.

no

no

yup, +2

Satoru's arrogant, hooray! -2

I think 'that is roleplayed by you' would be a good addition to the question, and no.

yes, yes, no, +2

no

yupyup

no

no

I spose almost drowning counts, +1
although the second question isn't knowable until SOTF actually starts really, unless the character constantly angsts during pre-game, maybe it should e clarified wether angsting means telling it to others, or just constantly reminding the reader every post the handler makes.

Does an aspect of thier behaviour count for this, or just everything they do?
well Satoru thinks he sees ghosts..+1

no
no
I spose being sent to the looney bin counts, +1

ni
no

no

I don't see why this is Sue-ish, maybe it's different in America but over here the majority of kids under 16 have sex without protection

no

no

Does having spent time classified as insane but now classified as sane count? +5 i guess.

no

no

nope.

yup, +2

*thinks*..+1

no
no
no
yup, +3

+1 again

. Bass? [+1 point]
. Violin? [+1 point]
. Piano? [+1 point]

XD +4

Maybe there should be a minus point here if they 'sense' things but they always turn out wrong? or they just think they have a sense they don't actually have

well duh, +1

no
no

no

Again, not sure wether this pplies since you can't detirmine other rpers actions.

same as above.

hooray -2

no
+2 again, joy.

. He/she is selfishly manipulative or sadistic (lies, blackmails, etc. to get their way).]

no.

no

yes,yes, yes XD +4

no

no

no

no

nopr ;p

no

nopers :P

nu

no

no

yup, +1

more then friends ;) +1

no
no

and Satoru's grand total is..34 XD
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply