Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Welcome!
Topic Started: Oct 7 2006, 10:19 AM (766 Views)
Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wanted to welcome all of you that have moved from the old site. Just know that as much as we staff members hated to do this, we all thought that it would be in the best interests of the site to switch to another board -- NOT because Kaishi was a bad admin or anything of that nature, no -- simply because we couldn't do anything without her permission, and when she's not around to GIVE said permission, it causes the site to collapse into what you all saw before. Here, we're going to make sure that that doesn't happen.

Anyway, I'll come off the soap box for now and get to the reason why I even made this topic. What do you all think of the new site? Are you having any problems finding anything, or is it fairly easy for everyone to navigate and understand? If you've got any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to share them. This is a team effort, after all, and we're looking to make the best site that we can through everyone's contributions. ^.^
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
Hello Megami!

I think the skin is great. The massive eye is perfect for SOTF. It's watching YOU. The search function is still not functioning for me but that's a small pice to pay for the wealth of awesome info that got put up with V2. I love the Afterlife thread :) Is it going to be open to characters from V2 or is it V1 only? it would be kind of cool to interact with the V1 chars...
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that the search feature is just an Invisionfree glitch. I just tried to search, and it gave me an error message too. When I checked over the Admin CP settings to make sure that the search engine was online, it said that it was online and users should be able to search. So, I don't know, maybe it's a system glitch or something. Seems to do that with every invisionfree forum I've ever been on. It's a bit of a pain, but overall not that big of a deal.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

La Skellette!
Unregistered

*is in awe of red name*

Alright, I see no reason why dead v2 characters can't interact with dead v2 characters, it would make sense "Their souls aren't completley at rest till SOTF ends forever.", so when the time comes for v2 characters to die, by all means allow them to communicate with characters in The Afterlife.

Excellent idea man.
Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was seriously under the impression that the giant eye was actually one of the default board themes. Either that or high or dreaming that I was Winston Smith. But yeah, gun metal is a lot more violent than blue, which is a good thing.

"Yay Violence!" - Timmy Turner, The Fairly Oddparents

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Let's all raise a glass (actually I can't find a glass so I'm raising a pencil holder) to the former SOTF. Goodnight, sweet prince. And a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Oh shit I just drank pencils.
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Goto Top

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CycoKiller
Oct 12 2006, 08:53 PM
Oh shit I just drank pencils.

I dunno why, but I found this obnoxiously funny for some reason.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...
Online Profile Goto Top

Chase
Member Avatar
is only doing this 'cause you're a mod!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Aww... Good job Cyco. :o

;)
Risen from the dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why hasn't someone called an ambulance? I hate you all.
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovebirdjo
Member Avatar
Chainmail and butterfly kisses.
[ *  *  * ]
Good grief! Must I do it? Fine. What's the number again?

Oh! Also, I really like how everything is layed out. It's much easier to find what you're looking for. Anyhoo, I'm back. I'm keeping Lee-Ann, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to throw Annabelle out for someone easier to write with.

I am sooo ready for v2.
Posted Image

G007 ~ Sierra Manning | >> // >> // > But I Might Die Tonight < | Pepper Spray
Quote:

12:56 am Mimi: ....do rodents often eat panties in Australia?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I dunno, 911 maybe? :P

Glad the site layout pleases everyone. ^.^ Adam's still slaving away on the V1 ending, so I'd wager it's going to be a pretty good read, if not a novel in and of itself. As for V2, I'll tell you that the island is ready to go -- yes, the undisclosed location is an island, imagine that. The plotlines have pretty much been formulated for Danya and his cohorts, and overall, we're not lacking much save for the prologues and other trivial information, so it'll be up really, really soon *knock on wood*. I won't tell you a lot about V2 because I'd hate to spoil anything for you, but I will tell you that we've cut down drastically on the number of guns in the generated weapons list to make them more coveted and less accessible. Everyone generally agreed that it'd make the game more interesting if you had to actually interact face-to-face with your opponent rather than being able to shoot them down from 20 feet away... not that there AREN'T guns, mind you. For all you know, you could all be fighting with slinkies ( :P ).
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sephy
Member Avatar
High priestess of all things Gackt.
[ * ]
Oh, thanks for letting me know there was a new board guys /sarcasm.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Endless_Helix
Member Avatar
Gaaah! They're eating the flesh off my bones!
[ *  * ]
:( I'm sorry...

Incidently, do we have an ETA for V2?
I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sephy
Member Avatar
High priestess of all things Gackt.
[ * ]
What i'd like to know is why people were personally emailed to be invited to this board instead of just posting a topic in the old SOTF, unless of course people were trying to keep other people out, since there seems to be a lot of people whinging that they were "the only one keeping SOTF v1 alive!!"

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was mostly a staff thing, we agreed it'd be better to do it like that, so that's what we did.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic