Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Start for Girl #5
Topic Started: Sep 27 2006, 10:21 PM (652 Views)
Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 01:12 PM
Most people are lucky enough to avoid the hell that is to be kidnapped. Those that are unfortunate enough to be taken away from their homes, their families, a great many don't survive. If they aren't sexually assaulted, they're often killed and buried in fields somewhere, their parents never again to know where their little girl went.

So how the fuck am I so lucky to manage to get myself kidnapped not once, but TWICE?!

The name's Amanda Jones. Sound familiar? It should - my father's the vice president of the United States. If you'll remember, a few years back, a high ranking US senator's daughter was kidnapped by eco-terrorists trying to make a statement on the destruction of the Earth's rainforests. What they ended up doing was getting themselves spread all over the walls and the floors of the building they were keeping me in. That's right - that senator was my dad, and that senator's daughter was me.

This is crap! For the second time in my not-so-long life, I've been kidnapped by terrorists, had guns pointed at me, and am basically fighting for my life. I've seen dead bodies, and I've seen blood, gore, and guns. I've seen them up close and personally. Most people who get to experience this are in their twenties, their thirties. They suffer emotional trauma but are lucky enough to have trained professionals who deal with that kind of thing.

Me? I'm SIXTEEN, I have enough trouble dealing with my boy problems. In fact, that's really the only problems I'd like to be dealing with - that and how much homework I have to catch up on after a few missed days of school.

Looks like everything's about to change.

Sitting in the open field, alone and weary, Amanda Jones pulled herself into a hesitant sitting position. Her mind was racing with a million different thoughts, and her stomach was stewing with a certain fear - the fear that for the second time, nobody knew where she was.

Scenarios raced through her mind - her dad was an important person - surely the airline would let the school know that none of them made it there at all, and a massive investigation would be launched. Sooner or later, it was likely that the United States government would find these terrorists and get them out. Get them out, if it weren't for the collars on their necks. Those collars, which she fingered a little, kept any of them from really getting saved. One press of a button and they all died.

"Fuck!" She swore aloud, not really caring that in her current position, if anyone were to drop by, she'd be a sitting duck.

Glancing at her pack, she saw it was the same rather large camping back she had brought along on the plane. I'd best look through it to see if they took anything from it...

Everything seemed to be in order as she rifled through the bag. Her playing cards, wallet, cell phone (which didn't work, as luck wouldn't have it), a spare shirt, her MP3 player, sunglasses, and other random items she found she probably wouldn't need during her stay on 'Death Island' as she heretofor dubbed it. One thing was oddly out of place though, and that was the baseball bat that she found sticking out of her bag. Picking it up and hefting it, she found it to be made completely of wood. It was relatively heavy, but looked like a rather normal baseball bat - aside from the ugly looking nail sticking out of the end of it.

This must be my weapon, huh? Some fucking weapon.

Amanda sighed. She wanted to go home, this wasn't exactly what she was feeling cut out for. Regardless - if she was going to participate in the game, she would play to win - that was just regardless of anything. Could she kill someone? Probably. There was enough pent up anger in there to unleash on someone, but could she kill her friends? Her classmates?

She looked at the ground, and fell over in frustration. As she lay on her back, she carefully moved the nail-bat from one hand to the other. What about Adam? If the terrorists had been on the plane, he would undoubtedly be here on the island too. Would he be playing the game, killing anything that moved? She doubted it. Knowing Adam, he would be gaining allies, and trying to create a plan. That is, if he wasn't already dead.

Amanda shuddered at the thought. As much as she wished it, Adam wasn't her boyfriend, simply due to the fact that she didn't think he knew how strongly she felt about him. They were friendly outside of school, as most people were with him, and they had hung out a couple times, but Amanda had never thought to make a move on him, and see what he did. Most girls would wait for the guy to make the move - but not her. Amanda fancied herself a go-getter, and usually went and got what she wanted.

Perhaps that was what she needed to do, was find an ally. Better yet, find Adam. If he wasn't playing, odds were he'd be trying to find a way to get out, and if they put their combined intellect together, well...maybe they would find a way.

Hesitating, though, Amanda looked at her map, and to her dismay, saw how large the island was. Great. I'm looking for one guy on a huge island with tons of people, at least a few of which would likely shoot me on sight. This is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack - provided he's not lying dead in some ditch somewhere.

With at least a temporary plan in mind, Amanda rose to her feet, slinging her pack over her shoulder. Now was a time for action and instinct before thought, but still, she couldn't resist thinking - 'where the hell do I start?'

Glancing at her map, she began to walk to the north.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 03:08 PM
Not too far away, David Jackson (Boy #18) was once again making sure his Smith & Wesson .375 revolver was loaded. He had been wandering the island for some time now, trying to avoid confrontations if possible, even though Danya instructed the students to kill each other.
Pfft...fuck that! No fucking way I'm going to kill anyone in my class. he thought, spitting on the ground.
As he walked, he saw a familiar person ahead.
Wait a second...is that her? It looks like her, but I'm still far off. This is great! I might not be able go go into the MLB like I always wanted, but if she's who I think she is, helping her will make me more famous than a fucking rockstar! And besides, I never did talkt o her about...that...
"Excuse me for a second!" he addressed her, walking towards the girl.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 03:16 PM
A voice, that was the last thing that Amanda had expected to hear in the wide-open field that she was wandering about. Spinning around to face whoever it was who was calling out to her, she immediately took notice of the gun in his hand.

And so it begins...I get fucked from the very beginning...

She looked at the boy, and sized him up. Thankfully, he hadn't shot at her yet. Perhaps he wasn't going to? Amanda mentally shook that off. She couldn't count on being that lucky - for fate had truly shown her that luck was not on her side. She opened her mouth and tried to sound confident as she held the baseball bat at her side.

"Hi! What can I do for you?"

Her eyes never left the gun.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 05:43 PM
"Well, you obviously aren't playing, or one of us would be dead right now. I called to you to make sure, since a player would have attacked immediately." David said, holstering the loaded gun. Now that he was close enough, he knew it was her, but he had to be sure. "You're the Vice-President's daughter, right? My name's David Jackson, just so we can recognise each other." David said, extending his hand while mentally cursing himself for such a sloppy introduction to the daughter of the second most powerful man on Earth. "No way I'm going to play this game."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 06:02 PM
Hesitantly, but glad that she had found another human being who didn't seem hell-bent on killing her, she shook David's hand. She also silently cursed at the fact that everyone knew her as 'the vice-president's daughter'. Sure, it was a good way to be known, but sometimes she just wished she had her own life. Shaking David's hand, he looked at the bat she held in her other hand.

"Well, nice to meet you, David Jackson. I don't know about you, but I'm sure as hell not going to be able to do a lot of damge on anyone with this."

She looked him over. He looked VERY familiar to her. She figured she had seen him before somewhere. She figured it was now time to get some information off of this kid, to size him up a little.

"Were you on the plane with everyone else? What do you remember?"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 06:06 PM
"Yeah, I was on that plane. I remember those guys coming out of nowhere and restraining us, then forcing us to watch the videos and everything. basically you could say I remember everything up to being gassed and then waking up on the beach somewhere on this island's west coast." David replied, noticing that Amanda was looking him over. Clearing his throat slightly, he asked his own question. "If it isn't offensive to you, may I ask why you wanted to know that?"

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 06:10 PM
"Oh."

The question caught her aback and she blinked for a second before looking at David with a confident stare.

"I just wondered because you seem really familiar. I don't think I've had any classes with you or anything, but...I just can't put my finger on it, I've seen you somewhere before. Were you on student council? Oh, and have you run into anyone else? I'm guessing that probably everyone from the plane is here, right?"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 06:14 PM
"To answer your first question, I was the pitcher on the baseball team." David replied. "To the second, no I have not met anyone else, though I've seen the corpses of Anya Vendvmagli, Helena Van Garrett, and what I thought was Alan Shinwrath, the fire made it hard to tell. To answer your third question, I think it's safe to assume everyone on the plane is here."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 06:35 PM
Corpses...did he just say CORPSES? Aw, fuck...

"Helena...Anya, and Alan...all dead? Wow, they really aren't screwing around here, are they?"

Amanda's thoughts went to her three fallen classmates. Anya she hardly knew but had done a science project with several weeks before. Helena was known as the head bitch around the school, but hearing of her death unsettled Amanda quite a bit. Helena was fairly popular and if she was already dead, that meant that obviously some of her classmates MUST be playing. As for Alan...she shook her head. Alan had it coming, as far as she was concerned. He was always kind of a mean guy. Looking at Dave, she realized he was right, she had seen him at the baseball games. A few of her friends had boyfriends on the team and she'd been to a few games.

"How about that, eh? All of this is for real. Damn. Hey, you didn't happen to stumble upon or hear anything about Adam Dodd, did you?"

She couldn't help it, as the boy was fairly close on her mind. She had been hoping to tell him how she felt about him on the trip, but this was certainly not what she had in mind.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 07:13 PM
"Last time I saw him was on the plane, but I think I saw his jersey in the coppice during that gun battle earlier." David answered with a slight shrug.
Why does she want to know about him? he thought briefly. Of course, then he remembered Jack O'Connor saying something once about her having an eye on Adam Dodd. He was a nice kid, though David wasn't friends with him.
So...it's true?
"I wouldn't suggest going after him though, any players here may go there, and you'd be in danger."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 10:53 PM
The blood slowly drained from Amanda's face as David referenced a gun battle he had been witness to earlier on. Adam? In a gun battle? The concept seemed to baffle her, as she knew Adam as such a kind-hearted but gentle guy. He wouldn't hurt anyone EVER, unless they were putting a friend or loved one in jeporday, that she knew. She couldn't help but frown as many different thoughts went through her head.

Could Adam be dead already?

Amanda shook her head. She refused to believe it. She had to find him. It struck her that it was almost a strange obsession that she had, yet decided obsession wasn't the proper word. She just wanted to make sure she confessed her true feelings before she died, if that was how things were going to work.

"Fuck...well...I, I don't care. I have to go find him. He's uh, a really close friend of mine and I'm worried about him."

Amanda tried uselessly to conceal the real reason she wanted to find Adam. Unfortunately it was already pretty obvious, and she expected that if David were perceptive at all, he'd probably figure it out.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 11:06 PM
David shook his head in understanding as Amanda fumbled around her own words. It was enough for him to draw his own conclusions, and it devestated the seemingly stoic baseball player. Trying not to act suspicious, he continued to speak. "You're in love with Adam, aren't you? Anyway, if you insist on finding him, I go with you. Whether or not you like it, you are the daughter of the Vice-President of the United States of America. You dying would be a major political blow to our country, exactly what they want. Also, you won't be able to tell him how you feel if you aren't alive." he took a second to breathe and continued. Really, he was patriotic, but he didn't care about any of that. Except maybe her being able to meet with Adam (Maybe I should've told her he was dead? he wondered, No, it wouldn't be worth it. Besides, if I'm right I don't want to see her reaction to that.), really he only cared about her surviving.
As that "Jarhead" movie said: "Fuck politics. We're here, that's all that matters."
"I know you think you can take care of yourself, and to an extent you can. But I know the island more than you do, thanks to the announcements I even know which members of our class were playing. Alone, you don't have the experience needed, if I'm right in assuming from your questions that you've somehow just woken up on our third day here. Not only that, but there's only so much you can do with a bat with a nail in it. By your leave or not, I swear to act as your bodyguard until we escape." as he said this to Amanda, David couldn't help but feel as if he were in the Terminator, trying to ensure the survival of one person for the fate of the world (or free world, in Amanda's case.) he quickly took out his map and showed her the marked areas. "These two places, the Lighthouse and Waterfall became Danger Zones minutes before you woke up." then he turned the map to a list of the students, with the names of Helena Van Garrett, Alan Shinwrath, Anya Vendvmagli, Terry Woodward, August Masbeth, Niniko Kishinawa, Sydney Morvran, and Tayli Vreeland crossed out. "Each crossed out name belongs to a dead student, please memorize that. We have to decide our next destination quickly, we are easy targets here."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 21 2005, 11:30 PM
(resumed from: http://s10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...?showtopic=171)

Madelaine trudged through the open field, walking in brisk strides. One hand gripped the bag that was slung over her shoulder, the other swung slightly by her right hand pocket, ready to draw her weapon should she fall into the presence into some unpleasant company. Never before had she felt so vulnerable. Constantly, reflexively, she turned her head over her unprotected back, watching and waiting before moving on again. She jumped impulsively at the slightest noise.

She felt almost defenseless, sticking out of the empty meadow like a stain on white cloth, an obvious target. Immediately, she felt herself wishing that she was back home, scolding her parents, looking after Miriam, her sister...what could they be doing at home without her? Perhaps they have found out by now? She clenched her teeth grimly... this game tore apart families and friends alike ...it was unthinkable. It was unforgiveable.

Anger and frustration clouded her mind momentarily, so that she did not even notice the presence in front of her until she had almost walked headlong into them. Startled, and realizing her foolishness, she cursed and ducked reflexively, crouching down low on the grass...though she knew it was useless.

Looking at the two: a boy and a girl...she realized that they had been talking for awhile long before she had literally walked in on them. And now, just because she had not paid attention for a mere second, she had put herself in a potentially dangerous situation. For now there was no place to hide, and almost immediately they would notice her.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 11:35 PM
In an instant, David had drawn the Smith &Wesson .375 revolver and aimed it right at the newcomer, perceving her as a threat to either him or Amanda.
"Don't move! Take out whatever weapon you have and place it at my feet. Now!" he ordered, making sure the new girl was disarmed. He never took his eyes off Madelaine as the grip on his revolver tensed. He couldn't explain his sudden snap at the girl, other than that she had startled him. Hearing nigh constant gunfire and screaming for three days and the two announcements so far were playing havoc on his nerves. Inside, he was still the somewhat cool and laid back baseball pitcher, but the game was making him rather jumpy and nervous.
Besides...she might be a killer. this constantly echoed in his head. He didn't know who he could trust in this game, and he had made a promise just a few seconds prior to this abrupt encounter.
Suarez was the one who always broke promises to pretty girls, not me. he thought with mild humor, but preventing himself from laughing.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 21 2005, 11:48 PM
Amanda had blushed and been ready to respond to David's sudden display of bodyguard-ship when the new arrival walked almost right into them. Jumping back in surprise, Amanda was probably about as shocked as the other girl seemed. Looking at the girl as David pointed his gun at her, she looked her over. The girl didn't seem familiar at all. She wore a uniform, but that was what perked something up in her mind.

"Wait, David...I know her, it's okay..."

Amanda remembered the other girl from ...somewhere. Perhaps it was the gas, but her mind was still a little foggy. Her name didn't even come to mind...but Amanda clearly remembered that she had talked with this girl before, and had definitely had class with her...but what...she just couldn't remember what...

Posted by: Slayer Jul 21 2005, 11:50 PM
As he heard Amanda say the girl wasn't a threat, David smoothly holstered his revolver again and went a bit to the side, observing carefully and ready to interfere if there was a threat to Amanda.

That was odd... he thought, reflecting on his reaction to Madelaine's sudden appearance. If he were in school, he never would've acted that way. I'm rather jumpy for some reason. Is this game already getting to me?

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 12:08 AM
Madelaine instantly froze in place the second David directed the gun towards her. For a split second, reason threatened to abandon her, and she was filled a wracking urge to flee the scene. But her feet remained firmly in place, though the hand on the strap of her bag paled and trembled slightly. Sensibility returned to her, and she realized that to run away now would only prove to be dangerous.

She stared at the gun pointed at her, the sight of it was enough to make her hesitate, and that was when Amanda spoke, claiming that they were acquaintances. This was strange to her... since Madelaine had only recently transferred from overseas, she hadn't had the chance to make any real friends yet, especially since she felt better to keep to herself. However, she had associated with a few of her classmates, though this girl in particular seemed to have no place in her memory.

Panting slightly, she eyed David as he holstered the gun and moved aside. Her eyes rested upon the holstered gun for a few seconds, before they darted back to look at Amanda. Though her look was one of slight shock, her expression remained level, showing little fear or emotion for that matter. She took a deep breath to calm herself down.

Knowing that there was absolutely no point in inciting a fight, she decided to comply, at least to a certain extent. Carefully, she lifted the hem of her blazer, revealing the iron rod tucked neatly inside her skirt pocket. Rather than withdrawing it to throw it aside, she announced clearly, in a level, but firm voice.

"I'd rather keep my distance, if you'll please." To prove her point, she slowly, deliberately backed away a few steps. Looking back at Amanda, it was then that it had suddenly come back to her.

"Actually...We have met haven't we? I lent you my study guide in math class one time. You were that girl, weren't you?"

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 12:14 AM
That was it...math class. Ugh, math class. Memories that up until now I wanted to forget. I'd do anything to be back there, though.

Amanda looked at Madelaine and nodded. "Yeah, math class with Mr. Kato, if I recall correctly. I sat across from you. I think you were the only other person in the class who actually gave a shit."

Amanda sighed. It seemed that everyone was here. Like it or not, she was stuck with David, which was more of a good thing than a bad, but the more friendly faces that she ran into - the better.

Amanda couldn't help but ask, as hopeless as it sounded...

"I've got to ask, have you ran into anyone else while you've been here? Any guys, girls...bodies...?" She choked a little as she said the last word, shuddering at the fact that some of her classmates were already dead.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 12:21 AM
Startled, Madelaine raised her eyebrows in surprise. Bodies? Ran into? She replied smoothly, "Well besides you two...."

A sigh escaped her mouth, voicing some ambiguous emotion. "No one... I've only just arrived here. You two are the first ones I've encountered since I got here."

She looked over towards David, apparently having no prior recollection of him whatsoever. "Pardon me..." Her eyes darted briefly towards the gun before meeting his eyes again. "I've only transferred recently...and I don't believe we've met before."

The tone she spoke in was polite, though there was a trace of distrust and caution that was subtle, yet at the same time apparent.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 11:20 AM
"No, we haven't." David answered simply, still not trusting the newcomer.

She actually does look familiar, but I can't trust anyone here.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 12:04 PM
"I see...."

...was all she replied to David's curt comment. She frowned for a few seconds contemplation, exchanging glances between the two students. Even for those who have not bought into the game, trust is hardly an option...

...then again, these two seem to have no trouble trusting one another. At least...that was what she percieved upon meeting them. She looked over at the girl's baseball bat (with a nail jutting out of it, as an added bonus she assumed), and her mind relayed to her own designated weapon.

I suppose...., this she thought to herself. As far as fate might have it, I might have had better...but I also might have had worse.

She looked towards the two of them with an expression that was calm, but unreadable. She spoke clearly, so that both will understand. "Just so that you know, I don't intend to play this game." Though she knew little about what she would do in the long-term, this much she absolutely knew the moment she awoke. "However, I will not hesitate to defend myself if necessary. In the meantime, I have decided to go into hiding."

She paused for a moment, looking around at the open empty field around her. A small group they formed, and together, they made the easiest and most obvious of targets. "And just a bit of advice, if you two are together, then should do so as well, and quickly." She indicated towards their surroundings, showing their vulnerability.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 12:20 PM
"We were deciding a new location when you interrupted." David told her, a bit irritated that he was being told things he already knew. He never was the kind of person who liked that kind of interaction. Of course, his expression betrayed nothing, but he suddenly came to a thought. Madelaine (now that he thought about it, he was pretty sure he recognised her.) had arrived from behind him, and he had started the game being followed by someone. Was she that stalker?

No, I probably scared them off with that shot anyway. If I just start suspectin' people left and right I'll be paranoid within a day. Gettin' paranoid will probably get me dead.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 01:30 PM
Amanda looked at the exchange between the two without saying a word. While it was good to have an offered protector in a game like this, David was a little cold. She felt a twinge of guilt, as the new arrival seemed to be a little put off with how things were going. As they bantered back and forth, Amanda stepped forward and cleared her throat rather loudly, attempting to get the attention of the other two.

"Look, guys...as much as I'm a fan of sitting around and talking, this might not be the best place to do it. Look, if you're looking for a place to hide, why don't you come along with us? We were thinking of going to that small house that's marked on the map - if nobody's there, it might be a good place to hide for a bit."

To be honest, I just want another girl around, David's a little stoic and his Terminator routine might get old fast. Guess it's the patriot in him.

Glancing at her map, she began to walk towards the direction that the house was located in. Looking back, she slyly grinned.

"You guys coming?"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 01:36 PM
David turned to follow Amanda to the house, if they were lucky, someone might not be playing and know how to deactivate the collars. Of course, he couldn't let down his guard, just in case. The only problem was which path to take to get there.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 01:42 PM
For a moment, Madelaine hesitated, raising her eyebrows in surprise at Amanda's sudden intervention. But surprised or not, she was certainly not about to protest Amanda's proposal. Her eyes darted back to look at David. Well at least it seemed that he was not about to shoot her down after all. Madelaine tensed as she remembered how he had coldly pointed the gun towards her in a warning.

But it was not as though she could blame him...after all, she would have been the same had she been standing in his position. Furthermore, his focus seemed to be simply to protect the other girl. Madelaine herself could tell, for she was one who had lived her life taking care of others.

At least for now...she'll have to trust that these two weren't buying into this....atrocity.

She shrugged the shoulder that had the bagstrap slung over it, adjusting the positioning of its weight, before taking off to match her pace with Amanda's and David's, walking alongside both of them, though keeping a comfortable distance.

Without looking at them, she said quietly, "I'm Madelaine Shirohara, by the way..."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 01:48 PM
Madelaine! That's right, that was her name! It sounds so pretty, like a mix between French and Japanese...

Amanda silently smiled to herself as the three began to walk through the open field. It was a tried and tested way of getting people to get off their asses and make a decision. You start walking away, and undoubtedly, people will follow in the hope of not being left behind. Amanda had been forced to do that many a time in her social group, as many of her friends were a little insecure, not many were the leader type.

She did smile at Madelaine, and introduced herself.

"My name's Amanda Jones."

As her feet kicked a nearby stone, Amanda couldn't help but wonder who else was on this hell-hole of an island, and what was becoming of them. Perish the thought. There had to be some way to get her mind off of this situation.

"So..." she looked at Madelaine. "...I guess, aside from how things are going now, how're you doing?"

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 02:01 PM
Madelaine turned to look at her, and calmly returned the smile. Given how extreme their current situation was...it was a marvel how anybody was able to smile and act cheerful. But... she supposed. ...it's probably necessary, if one wishes to pull through this She could only imagine how draining the experience would be in the long-term...that is, if she even survived that long.

Her thoughts had been interrupted by Amanda's question. Madelaine took it as an effort to distract them from the uncertainty of what was to happen to them. She decided to push that thought aside for now.

She drew in a deep breath. "As well as can be expected, I suppose...but to tell you the truth, I do feel a little better, knowing that there are others out there who have no intention to play the game."

She paused again, but only for a second. "We're probably some of the luckier ones...." Madelaine shook her head, avoiding the topic.

"Well, we haven't talked much since we first met... how are you doing yourself?"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 02:12 PM
OOC: Andrew continued from "Chi Masumi, Girl #12, begins": http://s10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...p?showtopic=140
IC: As the group walked, Andrew was heading towards them, eventually stopping right in front of the three people who he (wrongly) assumed were unarmed. Even if they were, he wouldn't spare them. His eyes were wild, insane looking as he stared at them.
They all want to kill me. Everyone. Kill or be killed is the rule. The only one that doesn't hate me is me. They all want me dead!

As David listened to the two girls, he saw a boy he recognised as Andrew Klock (Boy #12) right ahead. Holding out his arm to stop Amanda and Madelaine, he stared down the other boy. "Please move out of our way." instead of complying, Andrew stared to walk towards them.
"Stop!" again, Andrew ignored David and picked up speed. David reached for his Smith & Wesson.
"Last warning Andrew: cease your actions or be shot...I mean it!" this time, Andrew broke into a run at him and drew his machete.
"STOP!" Not hesitating, David whipped out his gun and fired, catching the other boy between the eyes. Andrew stopped and fell to the ground instantly, blood flowing out of the newfound hole in his face as he dropped the machete, his face permanently frozen in the insane grin he had worn when David shot him.
Shit, it's for real! This is no joke, I actually killed him! God fucking damn it... he thought, quickly dispelling them. He did not want the two girls to see him unsure, even if he did feel like he was either going to puke or start crying, as they might start to doubt him if they did. So he calmly turned around, holding back the fact that he felt like he had just walked down a path he could never turn back from.
Boy #12-Andrew Klock- Dead.
"He left me no choice..." David simply said as he holstered his gun and fell behind the other two. "You guy's understand...right?" this last part was muttered softly, more to himself than to them, so they probably didn't hear.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 03:32 PM
Madelaine had stopped short when David's arm appeared in front of her. As she looked up in surprise, she caught sight of the lone figure Andrew further beyond David's arm. Wondering what in the world he was up to, Madelaine watched wordlessly, unable to react as Andrew approached them boldly.

The sequence of events that occured shortly thereafter first registered in Madelaine's mind as something out of an action movie. Only when she saw Andrew fall to the ground, dead, a gaping hole between his eyes, did she remember that this was happening in real life, before her very eyes, and she was involved.

Her mind seemed to numb over at the sight of Andrew. Not more than a few seconds ago, he was charging at them with some ominous intent, and now he was lying on the ground, lifeless. Madelaine felt her face run cold.

She shifted her weight slightly. "So...it's real after all...." Her voice was barely a murmur, as though she was musing to herself. Her eyes closed, her face now downcasted.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 03:57 PM
The events happened so quickly that Amanda couldn't do anything but stand, shocked at the sudden violence that had befallen the open field. The dead body was Andrew Klock, that much she knew. She'd never cared much for the boy, but then again, she hadn't known him well enough to think about it. Her stomach heaving and beginning to prespire, Amanda couldn't help but walk over to the body and look at it. His eyes were soulless, the lights were on, but fuck, nobody's home...

Looking at his blood-stained machete, Amanda shivered. Such a weapon was vicious if used properly, and judging by the blood on it, he already had. However, such a weapon could also be used as a tool, and if they ended up needing to find shelter or maybe make a fire, it might be useful. Trying to stay as far away from touching the actual body as she could, she carefully extracted the bloody machete out of the grip of the dead boy. Hesitantly, she wiped the blade on the ground, trying to get off the blood. This would probably help in a fight moreso than her glorified baseball bat would, anyways.

Putting the baseball bat in her pack, as the nail was occasionally scratching her in the legs, she held the machete in one hand as she caught up with Madelaine, keeping a bit of a berth from David. He had already shown that he was willing to kill to protect her.

I suppose I should be flattered, but...my god. This shit's real. I have to find Adam, and we need to get out of here...

Amanda looked at the other girl, who was visibly shaken. Amanda couldn't blame her. She was burying everything deep inside, trying to put up a front, trying not to think about it...

A single tear ran down her face. This just wasn't something she was ready for. Not at all. Quickly wiping it away, she shook her head and looked at Madelaine. The girl's spirit seemed to have been completely shattered by the sudden death that had befallen the field. Amanda didn't really know what to do. She was okay with comforting people, but that was usually when she herself didn't need the comfort.

Amanda didn't really know what to do, but did the only thing that seemed to make sense at the time. She grabbed Madelaine and gave her a hug. Perhaps it was more for Amanda than for Madelaine, but she needed to feel better, needed to feel normal again. As she hugged Madelaine, she whispered in her ear - not so David wouldn't hear, but because she felt like all of her emotions were about to come to the forefront.

"We're going to get out. You hear me? We'll get out of here. You, me, David...we will find a way...but I need your help before we can leave, if we can even find a way..."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 04:28 PM
For a while, Madelaine had become preoccupied, distracted by the aftershock of Andrew's death. As a force of habit, she kept her emotions tucked away beneath the surface. Her expression was calm, yet somehow subdued. She barely noticed Amanda as she approached the fallen Andrew to take the machete.

Her mind raced with her own inner musings. Like an old, broken record, a single phrase replayed like a sung recitative in her head over and over again. What will happen to us now? What will happen to us now?

Her thoughts were interrupted as Amanda embraced her. Surprised, Madelaine was shaken abruptly from her daze of numbness. Her sense of feeling and returned as she felt the closeness of the other girl's presence. As she listened to Amanda's words, a slight twinge buried itself at the back of her throat, burning slightly. Her eyes stung slightly, but she blinked to prevent her tears from spilling out.

Awkwardly, she lifted her arms to return the hug, silently grateful for the girl's kind gesture. It was then that she decided everything. Of course, the future was far beyond what she could ever predict...but she knew one thing, and that was all she needed to know. No matter what, she'll...

Shaking her head, she put the thought aside for the moment. Gently, she stepped back a bit after letting go. Smiling at the two of them, she said, "I'll stick with you then... Though who knows what we might happen to us along the way, I'll stick with you guys, no matter what."

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 04:36 PM
"We should get going before anyone else comes. Someone who's playing probably heard the shot and could be headed here to finish off the survivors. I don't want to be here when that happens. To be blunt, I don't want to fucking be here PERIOD, but I guess there's about jack shit we can do about that, eh?" David said as he waited for the other two. Really, he didn't have any way of knowing this (except for whoever had been following him at the start of the game these two and Andrew were the first people he'd met on the island), but he just wanted to get away from this field, away from the corpse of his first murder victim.
My God, I still can't believe I did that...shit. That's never gonna get out of my head.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 04:48 PM
David's urge to leave snapped Amanda back into the gravity of the situation somewhat. She nodded. They would be best to get going, for if there was anyone else in this field who was playing, they'd likely want to come in and get a couple kills under their belt. She turned towards David and looked at the baseball player.

"So we're going to the house, right?"

The house. Amanda didn't know if it was such a good idea anymore. She had been thinking, and the house could be a fortress by now. People could be holed up in there with anti-aircraft guns and assault rifles for all she knew. Regardless, it was shelter, and who knew, perhaps everyone else had the same idea and stayed away?

As the three fell into a walk, Amanda let David lead the way, while falling back beside Madelaine. She looked at the girl, and had to wonder about the almost stoic expression she wore. Madelaine didn't know either Amanda or David very well, and as such; she guessed, Madelaine didn't feel comfortable talking much. To keep from having her mind drive her crazy, however, Amanda needed someone to talk to, and it'd be five times better if it were another girl.

"So...you mentioned that you were a transfer student...? Where're you originally from?"

Amanda couldn't tell, as Madelaine seemed to be of a mixed heritage, much like herself.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 05:26 PM
Madelaine gazed at Amanda with interest as the trio walked together through the field. The other girl seemed amiable enough. Though Madelaine herself was quiet and more reserved by nature, nothing seemed to relieve her more than being able to have a normal conversation with someone her own age, to be able to talk about normal things, like normal people, despite the extremity of their current circumstances.

"I transferred overseas with my family from Kyoto, Japan. It was really tough getting here in the first place, what with the current government and our financial situation. But they thought it would be better for my sister, Miriam. She turning four, you see..." For a moment, she was surprised at the rate she was talking right now. She didn't think she would have the heart to talk about anything, but somehow, the words came spilling out. What surprised her more was that she realized that she rarely talked about herself to anyone else.

She continued on, "It's a lot better in America then back in Japan...there just seems to be more of everything. My family had been planning the move for a while, and somehow we all managed to make it happen."

She paused, remembering her family. Looking at the watch, she realized that little Miriam might by home from daycare by now, perhaps riding in Mom's car, listening to nursery rhymes and songs on the old beta cassette player. Dad would still be working at the factory, ready to call it a day and head home. What would she be doing by now?

Studying...perhaps even practicing for the swim club, or simply relaxing at home, waiting for Mom to return home so that she can play with Miriam. What wouldn't she do to have a normal life like that?

She smiled, realizing she had been carried away by her thoughts. "What about you? Since we haven't had a chance to talk much before...you can tell me a bit about yourself."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 05:44 PM
Amanda listened to Madelaine's story with interest. She had a hunch that Madelaine was originally Japanese but until now, that was all it had been - a hunch. It seemed that she had a fairly good family life as it were described, her family seeming to be the kind of people that worked for a living and earned their keep. Amanda couldn't help but blush a little as she looked at Madelaine and began to speak about herself.

I'm surprised she doesn't know...

"Well, I've been living in the States for as long as I can remember. I was born in upstate New York, and I moved from there to Tampa when I was about five. I lived in Tampa for awhile and then moved to Ohio when I was eight. I moved again back to New York when I was nine and I've lived here ever since."

Amanda skimmed over the times she'd moved and recalled knowing so many people. After awhile though, there was no point in getting attatched, especially if you were just going to move, like she had so many times.

"I was supposed to move again; my dad's job kind of forced him to, but I told my parents that I wasn't going anywhere...so my parents live both here and in Washington, DC. I actually live by myself a lot of the time, because I don't have any brothers or sisters. My mom came from Hong Kong, and she met my dad when he was overseas. They got married and moved back to the US. I can tell you're trying to figure out my heritage, so that's where that comes from." She smiled, feeling increasingly normal.

For Amanda, that hardly ever happened.

"I really love my parents and I do miss them a lot, but I'm just so sick of moving around, you know? Besides, my parents are always dropping in and such...so it's not like I'm by myself ALL the time."

As she glanced at Madelaine, she couldn't help but see the look of calm understanding on her face. The interesting fact was, that Madelaine didn't seem to realize just WHO her father was.

"Yeah, my dad's going to freak when he finds out about all this...this kidnapping stuff..."

Her voice crumbled a little, and she shook her head to avoid reliving the memories. "They say lightning never strikes the same place twice..."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 06:14 PM
Gradually feeling more comfortable in her place amongst the group, Madelaine listened to Amanda, gazing at her calmly as she took in everything she was saying. It seemed as though this girl had been everywhere, moving and resettling on a constant basis from an early age into her youth. Listening to her speak made the world seem so much more vast and huge.

For sure, this girl has seen more than I probably ever will. Madelaine thought to herself, not realizing that she was in fact...speaking much more truth than she actually knew.

What caught her attention though, was when Amanda told her about how she lived alone at times. She seemed relieved when Amanda told her that her parents managed to find time to visit every once in a while. And like Madelaine, she seemed to have learned to become independant on her own. But still...Amanda learned this while living alone. In Madelaine's case, she became independant while looking after those who could not look after themselves, namely, her parents. She knew what it was like to be part of a tightly-knit group, pulling through the harshest of situations, looking after one another, protecting eachother....

The thought drew Madelaine's attention to the group she was currently in now. Although she barely knew these two, depending on them now seemed almost necessary. And perhaps...just perhaps, they might be forced to depend on her as well.

She focused her attention back to what Amanda was saying, who had just uttered, in a slightly faltering voice, something about lightning never striking the same place twice.

Madelaine opened her mouth to ask her what she had meant by that comment, then decided otherwise. Judging from the dark expression that had fallen upon the other girl's face, Madelaine realized that it was a matter she would rather not have brought up.

She decided to draw attention away from the matter. "I...I just hope my family is doing alright... They'll be shocked, for sure, but... well... they should be focusing on taking care of Miriam for now. I think I can see this through..." But in her heart, she knew that this belief was only half-hearted. It was as though everything had already been decided for her.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 07:04 PM
A sister...what it would be to have siblings...but really, how would my parents have time for that?

As the trio walked, Amanda hacked at some of the long blades of grass with the machete. It was definitely sharp, and definitely worked for that respect. It would be a handy item once they got into the woods. She tried to avoid thinking about her prior kidnapping experience, but it just kept flooding back to her. The darkness, the unsetting feeling that she was moving, yet she didn't know where she was, the evil men who fed her the most meager of foods, and then shock when the blood sprayed upon her face when the FBI had found her...

...it was almost too much to bear. Such an experience was something no child should go through.

Ever.

Amanda looked up at Madelaine and gave a weak smile to the other girl. "Your parents will probably worry about you...but you've got a sister, so they'll probably rely on her to keep them sane..."

She had to think about the expression on her father's face when he would find out she had been kidnapped. He'd probably be in a meeting of some sorts, speaking with the president or something...she imagined the scene in her head...

~~~~~

Washington D.C.; The White House

"Come on, Aaron. This just isn't rational! There are hundreds of people in the building! You've got to think this through! Be rational about it! Aaron!!"

Vice President Steven Oliver Jones, Steve to those who knew him, knew that this was a situation that he would need to use every single ounce of political skill, every single small bit of charisma that he possessed, and every single persuasive technique in the book to get out of. Today he had opted to wear his favourite suit. It was the first suit that he had purchased after his successful weight loss in the summer of '99, and the fact that he was able to feel good fitting into a suit made this specific one have special value. However, if he wasn't able to get himself out of the situation that he currently found himself in, his suit, and most everything else in the White House might not live through the day unscathed. A bead of sweat dripped off of his forehead, making it shiny with prespiration. He held his hands up and moved slowly towards the man standing behind the president's desk. The fact that he was holding a loaded weapon scared him a little, as this was most defintely a situation he didn't figure that he'd ever have to deal with, especially as the Vice President of the most powerful nation in the world. The man opposite him had a full head of grey hair and a clean-shaven face that held trust in it. Steve knew that in order to get himself out of this mess, he'd have to use every ounce of that trust. The man motioned with the weapon at Steve, directing him into the chair opposite the desk. A little frightened, Steve sat down, and listened as the man spoke.

"Look, Steve. This is the WHITE HOUSE. The home of the President of the United States of America. The most powerful man in the world, by all accounts." He looked at the gun in his hands.

"If the the most powerful man in the world can't have a friendly game of paintball in his own house to liven things up, then what CAN I do!? Jeez! Come on, it'll loosen everyone up! Then we can all go take a swim in the presidential pool! It's hot out today, Steve!"

Steve sighed, and looked at the man in front of him. President Aaron Bridges was by all accounts a man who was concerned with his nation's safety, and took his job incredibly seriously. In public he was a stiff figure who worked hard at his job and worked in the best interets of his country.

All accounts on the man, Steven thought, were dead wrong. Outside of the public eye, Aaron was quite possibly the biggest practical joker in the White House. He was always throwing staff functions and was very widely liked by his staff and the people he met with. Some wondered why he was so laid-back and easygoing out of the public eye, and his simple response was "I need to be taken seriously once in awhile". While Steve hadn't expected Aaron to emerge from his room dressed in full paintballing gear and ready to hunt down some interns, he internally wondered why he wasn't all that surprised.

"Look, Aaron. I just don't think that running around the White House paintballing people is going to make everyone relax. Maybe make 'em all think you've gone crazy, but...I just don't think it's a good idea."

Aaron sighed. His VP, while being a polite and respectable man in his own right, along with a friend, could sometimes be a buzz-killer. Placing the paintball gun on the desk, he took off the goggles that he held on the top of his head.

"Fine. No paintballing, but I'll be damned if everyone's going to stay inside today. You let everyone know that come 5 PM, the presidential pool is OPEN for business, and I damn well expect you to be there, Steve. You need to lighten up a little."

Steve couldn't help but chuckle. He had always wondered what being the VP of a country would be like, but he had never expected that it would be like this. Or this fun, he thought silently. As the thought went through his mind, the doors to the Oval Office burst open, a breathless man bursting through the door with an unhappy look on his face. Both the president and his vice turned to look at the new arrival. Steve remembered meeting the man at a BBQ that Aaron had held last month. The man's name was Mike Way, and he worked in the homeland security branch. Oddly enough, he didn't work in the White House much, but rather in the FBI building.

The president looked at Mike and raised a brow. He was easygoing but enjoyed his privacy, and this was certainly an unwelcome arrival.

"Can I help you?" He said sternly, feeling as if his protective bubble had been burst.

The out-of-breath Mike Way couldn't remember the last time he'd felt such fear. The news he had was frankly the kind of news he wouldn't have wanted to give to anyone, especially not the Vice President of the United States. However, waiting wouldn't help anyone, least of all....

"Sorry, Mr. President, but this is urgent. Mr. Jones, it's about your daughter...her plane never made it to Paris."

At the news, Steve's heart leaped up into his throat, and the president sat with a shocked look on his face.

"WHAT!? Did...did it crash!?"

Mike shook his head, and continued.

"We think sir...we think that it's the work of terrorists...we haven't recieved any ransom, any notes, anything of the sort, but we're sure that the entire plane of students has been kidnapped. We're also getting reports in from all over the country about students being missing - a great deal from New York. And sir, there's something else, that I think you should see..."

Mike walked over to the television in the president's office, and turned it on, flipping to a specific channel high in the satellite guide.

As he saw what was on the television, Steve's legs gave out on him and he fell to the ground, off of his chair that he was trying to get up from. The president simply looked at the television with a shocked look on his face as Steve tried to make sense of the images he saw...

...not AGAIN...
~~~~~

Amanda sighed and looked at the ground as she swung the machete, cutting some more grass. She couldn't help but looking up at Madelaine.

"I feel like a lawnmower with this thing, you know?"

Her thoughts again drifted to her father.

"I'd bet my dad's going to have a cow...but then again...if anyone can get us all out of here, find those terrorists, it'd probably be him...he's pretty resourceful."

She shrugged, and then said nothing.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 08:54 PM
Madelaine cast a worried glance towards Amanda, wondering what could possibly be on her mind right now. It was easy to tell that she was struggling to put aside something currently on her mind, but Madelaine decided it was best not to pry. She watched the machete swinging back and forth as they walked, then focused her gaze onto Amanda once more, trying to imagine what it was that she could be thinking about.

Listening to what Amanda was saying, she replied somewhat quietly, "At least that gives us some sort of hope. I don't know what your father can do, but I'd be grateful for any sort of help from home...."

"But...." Her thoughts relayed back to Andrew, how he had charged recklessly towards them, how he had been shot, and how he had fallen. "...we can't rely on him completely... All we can do now, is wait, and help ourselves." Instinctively, she reached up to touch the collar wrapped around her neck, fingertips resting against a cold, metallic surface which she could not see. It was as though she was wearing Death in a locket suspended from her neck. All it had to do, was open up, and...

She quickly brushed the thought aside. She should think positive. The prospect of somehow being saved should be giving her a sense of hope.

And she did feel a bit of hope...but she realized that it wasn't her survival she held hope for.

She looked ahead towards David for a moment, then lowered her voice so that only Amanda could hear.

"Lucky you..." she murmured unexpectedly, smiling. "With him at your side, you just might be able to see this through."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 09:01 PM
She doesn't know.

Amanda grinned slyly. "I'm sure he'll be doing something in the near future...I guess you didn't know - which to be honest is refreshing, because that's how everyone knows me...but my dad is the vice-president of, um...the United States. I'm the VP's girl. At least that's what so many people call me."

She sighs. The stigma of being the daughter of a VIP was often difficult, especially when she just wanted a normal life of her own. How absolutely, dreadfully like the plot of some cliched romantic comedy. As for David...her thoughts on him were jumbled. She never remembered David having ever really talked to her, but undoubtedy, he did and felt obligated to protect her.

Not that it's a bad thing, I could use all the help I can get...

She lowered her voice and replied to Madelaine. "Yeah, I guess. But if you're with us too, then you'll be okay, right? Truth be told, as happy as I am to have someone who wants to guard my ass, I'm more concerned at this point with finding someone. A, uh...friend. That's what I mentioned before. I don't know how happily David's going to want to go along with it, but I need to find him. I'm, uh...worried about him, you know?"

Amanda stumbled over her last few words, trying not to make it obvious how much the person meant to her. Like most times, she likely failed at it.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 22 2005, 09:05 PM
"I wouldn't count on the government intervcening." David said to Amanda. "If your father or the President tries anything, Danya will detonate the collars and kill you anyway. If we can find a way to disable the collars, then we can call in the government for help." it was really the most logical way of thinking, in his opinion. The operation the terorrists were running was in and of itself hostile towards the United States, so it was likely he'd prefer to kill them all then allow the government to rescue them.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 09:25 PM
Madelaine's eyes widened in interest as she took in what Amanda was telling her. "Vice president? Of the nation?" She shook her head in disbelief...but she quickly realized that there was no reason Amanda would come up with such a lie given their current situation. Vice President of the United States.... She whistled. That she did not expect.

Astonishment aside, she began to feel a renewed sense of hope. At least... she thought. At least they'll make an effort to put a stop to this...

She continued to listen intently, learning of Amanda's desire to search for a friend of sorts. Watching Amanda carefully, Madelaine grinned as she spoke. The expression on her face when she mentioned her friend was apparent enough, but she kept silence.

At David's remark, she frowned in disdain. However, with a rapidly sinking feeling, she realized that his reasoning was plausible. Though she thought sensibly most of the time, and was in general a realist, she had appreciated the newfound sense of hope. However, that feeling was now rapidly draining away, leaving behind only an empty, hollow space of uncertainty.

She decided to direct the subject elsewhere. "In any case, let's wait until we get to the house, and then we can think about what we can do. Sooner or later, we'll probably end up bumping into someone...."

Falling silent, she swallowed hard, remembering what had happened to Andrew. If they weren't careful, it was likely that either David, Amanda, or herself might be the next one, caught unawares with a bullet lodged deep in the forehead.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 10:30 PM
Amanda sighed at David's somewhat true, yet pessemistic comment. She wanted to believe that he was wrong, that the government would find some way of getting them off without killing them all, but really, with the touch of a button, Mr. Danya could become a mass murderer.

As if he weren't already...

"I hope we bump into someone...friendly, that is. We really don't have the firepower to bump into a group of gun-wielding psychopaths. But a friend from school might be good."

Amanda sighed again. She didn't really know what to do, herself. Her only goal, aside from staying alive, of course, was to find Adam. She couldn't put her finger on why she was so enamoured with him. Perhaps it was the fact that he was nice to those, even those who treated everyone like shit. Maybe it was his infectuous enthusiasm? She couldn't figure it out. What she DID know, and remembered quite well, however, was the first time that the two had met...

~~~~~

It had been grade nine, the year that the majority of the students had started their high school education. As was the norm for most ambitious freshman, Amanda had wanted to get involved in as much as she thought that she could handle. She didn't do much outside of the occasional hanging out with some friends and the school band that she had joined on the first day of school. But a few months into the schoolyear, Amanda had found that she needed something else to do, as the band, while fun, just wasn't cutting it. As such, she signed up for an audition for the school play. All they had to do was prepare a dramatic monologue for presentation to the director, producer, and the stage manager. She figured that she'd be able to do it fairly well, so she memorized a monologue from the movie 'Memento'. It was a favourite of hers, and she spent quite a long time memorizing the monologue; perfecting it.

On the day of, she arrived outside the room, fairly early as it was, and had a seat on one of the chairs outside. As she rehearsed her monologue in her head, she felt fairly confident. She could do this! It was at that point that came the first time she ever laid eyes on him. Adam wasn't an impressive looking kid, not ugly, but not ground-breakingly good looking. He just looked normal, albeit a little older than her. She would later find out that he was the same age as her, a fact that surprised her immensley. He wandered around the corner of the hallway and plunked himself down beside Amanda.

There was of course, a second of awkward silence, as Amanda was kind of surprised by the fact that someone else was here, especially someone she didn't know. A few seconds went by until he looked at her and smiled.

"Hey, you here for the auditions?"

She nodded at him. "Yeah, I'm due up in about forty-five minutes, but I got here early. You too?"

Grinning and nodding, he explained his situation. "Yeah, I am. I was supposed to be in there now, but I ran a little late. Hopefully they'll let me audition. I'm Adam, by the way. Adam Dodd."

He stuck out his hand, which Amanda took with a smile. "Amanda Jones. What monologue did you prepare?"

Adam shrugged, and smiled. "I couldn't really decide on which one to do, so I figured I'd just watch a couple movies and see if there were any that struck my fancy. I ended up doing one from the Shawshank Redemption, though."

"Oh, that's a classic. I picked one from a little more of an obscure movie...you ever heard of the movie called Memento?"

At the mention of the movie, Adam's eyes lit up. "HELL yeah! That's my favourite movie! What monologue are you doing?"

"I'm doing the one where he explains about Sammy Jankis, you know, over the phone?"

Adam nodded excitedly. "Yeah, I know the one. That's a fantastic movie, oh MAN."

The two would end up talking for the entire forty-five minutes that Amanda had to wait for her audition. Adam told her about how he had just moved in town from Canada, and how he found it a little different than where he used to live. As Amanda went into her audition, she couldn't help but feeling such a sense of relaxation. Talking with the boy had relaxed her and made her feel comfortable, which was a stretch from how she had felt before - jittery and nervous. She pulled it off and ended up making the play. Much to her happiness, so did Adam. The two ended up acting in the play together and were on stage at the same time through much of it. They would go on to become pretty good friends. Throughout that year, however, Amanda began to develop feelings for Adam. They were small at first, but soon they blossomed into something much bigger, and much deeper than a simple crush...

~~~~~~

Back on the path, she sighed. She hoped, and mentally PRAYED that Adam was still alive, wasn't playing, and was close. She wanted, NEEDED to feel that comfortable again.

Plus, she figured, I've got something to tell him.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 22 2005, 11:24 PM
Madelaine continued to walk alongside Amanda, not noticing that the distance between them had narrowed a bit...then again, she had grown more comfortable being amongst the group. Despite all that was happening to them now, she realized that she enjoyed it a bit, being with these two....especially Amanda. By this time, Madelaine was wondering to herself: Why had she not made an effort to get to know this fellow classmate? She relayed this in her mind as they continued on their way.

Already, the soft-soled brown leather moccasins she had worked to hard to keep clean and in good condition were developing dark, dirt-stained streaks and screatches. Her white ankle socks were covered in a sparse pattern of grass stains that formed brush strokes against a cotton canvas. She grimaced at the sight of this. She knew she was being ridiculous, fussing over such a trivial matter, but still...she had put an effort into making herself presentable. The state her shoes were in now was somewhat irritating.

Making an effort to distract herself, she looked back towards Amanda, wondering if there was room left for conversation. Then she noticed the distant, absent expression on Amanda's face. Raising a wry eyebrow, she casually spoke up.

"So....a penny for your thoughts?"

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 22 2005, 11:36 PM
Amanda looked up with a start from her thoughts. She hadn't expected anyone to speak after the last lull in the conversation, and surprisingly, she noticed that she'd become absolutely wrapped up in her thoughts. As she glanced up from her walk, she looked at Madeline, who was looking at her intently. Amanda shrugged.

"Oh, I uh...I was just thinking about my friend. I'm worried about him. He was looking forward to this trip, and I'm just, uh...worried that people might take advantage of him...he's a really, uh, close friend of mine."

Amanda sighed again.

Oh, way to go there Amanda. Just go around telling EVERYONE! Jeez, you've got to keep your mouth shut, otherwise somebody's going to say something, and there goes your chance. At least don't be so damned blatant!

"But yeah, I guess that's just what I'm wrapped up in. Just remembering things about, uh...school and stuff. Anything to feel normal, right?"

Amanda weakly smiled at Madelaine. The bullshit was freely flowing now, and Amanda was desperately trying to work her way out of it. Sooner or later, she figured Madelaine, who didn't seem stupid, would likely come to the same conclusion.

It wasn't that Amanda didn't want to admit that she was in love, it was more that...she wanted to be the one to deal with it. She'd always had trouble expressing her feelings, and this was proving to be no different.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 23 2005, 12:12 AM
"Hmmmm.....so I would suppose," Madelaine remarked in response, noting with amusement the slightly flustered look on Amanda's face. She smiled, not mockingly, but kindly, as if to say, It's only natural.. Being someone who was used to listening to others and giving advice, Madelaine seemed to get a hint as to what Amanda truly meant. However, if there were any assumptions made, those she kept to herself, for the sake of being tactful. Still...it piqued her curiosity a bit.

In fact, it made her somewhat envious. There was someone out there, after all, whom Amanda truly cared about. Someone she was desperate to find. If only that person knew...

But she also felt a twinge of pity for Amanda, as well as fear for what may happen. If that person was suddenly found, dead, then what would happen to Amanda? It would be as though she was chasing a shadow all this time, not realizing that the one she truly cared about and wanted to find was dead all along. Worse yet, what if that person was found...and suddenly died in front of her? What would happen then....?

Madelaine bit her lip at the thought of this, a dark, grim look falling over her face like a shadow. In a game like this, there was little room for hope...but still....

"Well...I hope you find your friend sooner or later," Madelaine remarked awkwardly, trying to sound cheerful. "Pretty lucky person...to have someone looking for him in a place like this."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 23 2005, 12:20 AM
Amanda nodded sadly, she knew that her cover had been blown. She then realized that she hadn't even told Madelaine who she was looking for in the first place.

There's got to be a way of bringing it up without sounding too desperate...damnit...

"So, uh...I...yeah, uh, just make sure you keep a look out for him. If we ever get seperated, and you come across him...just try and make sure that he knows I'm looking for him. It's easier to meet up then, I guess. I, uh...I guess I didn't even tell you who I'm looking for. Did you ever see any of the school plays since you've been here?"

Amanda looked at Madelaine and saw the dark look go across her face. She'd have to ask her about that later on.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 23 2005, 12:37 AM
Madelaine raised her eyebrows in confusion. "School...plays? Well..." She scratched the back of her head awkwardly and cast a sidelong glance elsewhere. "Not really, actually...."

Actually...Madelaine had never heard anything about a school play, or anything of the sort. It was a shame, really, since it seemed fun and interesting. Perhaps her ignorance was due to the fact that she was a recent transfer...but a more likely reason was....

Come to think of it...besides the writing club, the archery club, and the swim team, Madelaine had never been all that active in her school life...at least, not as much as some of her fellow schoolmates were. She supposed it was a result of always keeping to herself unless she felt her help was needed, but...

By now, Madelaine had realized just how much she was missing...and now, no thanks to a stroke of fate, it was likely that she would be missing them for good.

For a moment, she seemed absent, as though blissfully lost in a dream. It was not long, however, before she snapped awake with a jolt. "Sorry...please go on?"

This was absolutely not like her, this much she knew. The thoughts and feelings that were blossoming in her mind were alien to her, as though a cover was gradually being lifted, slowly revealing a side of herself she never knew existed....and all of this started once they made her part of the game.

Am I...am I going to lose myself?

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 23 2005, 12:44 AM
Amanda scratched the back of her head and brushed her hair out of her eyes. Her shoulder-length hair had been getting pushed around by the breeze that was blowing through the area.

"Oh...well, uh...he was in the school play. He's uh...I dunno, kinda tall, red hair. Has a goatee on his chin. Um...he's uh...probably wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey jersey. He's a really nice guy, he'll probably see you and come up and talk to you...his name's Adam...and uh, he's the guy I'm looking for. He's just so nice that I'm worried he'll go try and talk to someone who's playing, and well...that'll be that."

Amanda winced at the thought. Imagining Adam dead was NOT a pleasant thought. Nor was it one that Amanda wanted to entertain. She WOULD find him, that she...well, she wasn't sure of it, but she damn well hoped it.

She then looked at Madelaine. Amanda couldn't help wondering about the previous look of emotion that fell upon her face while Amanda was bungling her way through her description of her search.

"What about you? Penny for YOUR thoughts?"

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 23 2005, 11:43 AM
Madelaine listened quietly, mentally taking note of the key points of Amanda's description. Tall, red hair, with a goatee, perhaps with a hockey jersey, friendly disposition.... She briefly looked back as far as the day she transferred, wondering if she had met anybody with such an appearance, but quickly gave up when she was unable to come up with a recollection. Still, she decided to keep this description in mind. While she, herself, had no reason to, Madelaine personally, though subconciously thought that it was only a necessary thing to do. After all...who knows what would happen to them?

Brushing away the ominous thought, she turned her attention back towards Amanda. It took her a while to register what she had just said.

"Well...." she began hesitantly, scuffing a now travel-worn moccasin against the ground as she walked. "For me it's more like....looking back on how my life could've been, had I not been...chosen..." She drew in a deep breath.

"I've been having some pretty strange thoughts as of late. Like, things I should've done, things in my life that I shouldn't have done...things that I had planned for the future, but will probably never happen." Unexpectedly, she gave a low laugh. Perhaps David's pessimism was contagious? "But then again, it's like I'm taking it for granted that I'm not going to live through this...."

The thought chilled her. She would never graduate, never learn to drive a car, never find a job, never get married, never have children, never watch little Miriam grow up....

This was her future. The path had been paved for her, and all she could do was walk along, contemplating her fate: things that could have been, should have been, but never will be. But...waking up to the real world around her, she realized that now, none of that mattered much to her.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 23 2005, 05:59 PM
Amanda couldn't help but look at the ground as Madelaine detailed her growing feelings that none of them were going to get out of this alive. Amanda too, had also been having similar thoughts, but found herself pushing them far below, using her want to find Adam as a sort of distraction.

She wasn't the kind of person to lose hope, but Amanda had always found herself being a 'tell it like it is' kind of person. She didn't find herself basing her moods on the moods of others, but often on what she thought of the current situation. She found that generally, if she could find a way to distract herself, then she'd be okay. And a distraction she had found.

She just wished that this worry wasn't a matter of life and death, is all.

"I'm not going to lie to you, I've thought about some of the same stuff. Problem is, if I start thinking like that, I won't be able to stop. I think the way to think about it is to just savour the moment. You have to think about it like this - if you're sure that you're going to die, then try and make each moment more important than the last. That way, you'll be able to say that you died in an important moment."

Amanda straightened up and made a face.

"Well...you know what I mean, though. Not that you will be able to say anything, but...uh...you get the jist of what I mean, right?"

She sighed.

"What I'm kind of concerned about is that I don't know what'll happen if we get attacked. Sure, David can kill anyone who's out for blood, but what happens if something happens to him? I don't know if I trust in that I'll be able to kill someone myself. I just don't know."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 23 2005, 11:49 PM
"Savour the moment...huh?"

At Amanda's words, Madelaine smiled warmly, as a way of showing her agreement. She had barely noticed how relaxed she was becoming until now. To herself, she supposed that had she not found these two immediately...or at least Amanda, there was a chance that she would have snapped by this point. For some reason, the thought of going insane seemed more dark and chilling at death at the hands of a schoolmate.

She had already considered this by now...but she began to think further. Suppose she does survive, she would be able to return home to her family. There was still hope after all, that she would win this game...however...

In order to survive, she would have to kill. It was as simple as black on white. That said, should she win, she would return to her parents and her litter sister as a murderer. If, somehow, she managed to win without killing anyone, there was absolutely no way she would be able to return to a completely normal life. To live through something like this would be scarring.

There was no other argument. The circumstances of this game resulted in a contortion of the delicate human mind. It twisted the perception into something dark, ugly and deranged. Those who end up taking part in this nightmare

Madelaine could never face her family if she ended up like that.

"If we....if we get attacked, we might end up killing someone ourselves," Madelaine replied quietly, making her thoughts audible. "When it comes down to it, we'll have to take it for granted that any confrontation that turns out to be hostile will end up a fight to the death. There's nothing to it. But what can we do? Only protect ourselves by killing others. Just like what happened to...that other boy back then."

She drew in a deep breath. "I'll never play this game. But I'll never give in without fighting."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 24 2005, 12:10 AM
That's for damn sure. There's no way in hell that these assholes are going to take me down without a fight.

Amanda couldn't help but nod. As a person, she didn't condone violence, didn't approve of needless death, which was mainly what this whole game was about. However, in such a situation...it was moreso about survival than it was about approving of the situation. If you didn't approve and refused it at all, you died. That, she knew, was plain and simple.

"You've got to think about it carefull though. Out of all of our classmates, what are the odds that all of them are playing? I'd say some are probably scared and hiding, some are probably just aimlessly wandering, and hell, some are probably even looking for a way off!"

Amanda shrugged a bit, and chopped a nearby blade of grass over with the machete.

"I think it's going to be really hard to tell who's really playing, just because there are certain people who put up shields. They act one way at school, and then here, where it doesn't matter anymore, their real side comes out...so maybe there are a few sociopaths in school - who you wouldn't know to look at, but here...I guess here, it doesn't matter."

She sighed.

"Sure is taking a while to cross this stupid field."

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 12:17 AM
"It is nothing to be alarmed about." David said, hearing Amanda's last comment. "This field takes up a large portion of the island's center, it should take about fifty minutes to get out if we hurry."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 24 2005, 12:29 AM
"That is true...." Madelaine murmured. She gazed up into the sky, stretching her arms back a bit with a thoughtful expression on her face. "A game like this will no doubt bring out the absolute best and the absolute worst in people. It's not a sin, or evil, or anything....It's just something that can't be helped."

She looked ahead towards David as he commented suddenly. Remembering where they were, she looked cautiously at their surroundings. With all this empty space, even the hopelessly nearsighted would be able to see them from a mile away.

"I'm surprised that nothing has happened to us at all since...that other time," she remarked. But then she decided not to jinx the luck they were blessed with at the moment. "Either way, we should hurry..." She began to walk in brisk strides, as though gently urging the group to pick up the pace.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 24 2005, 02:12 AM
Amanda nodded in agreement. Haste might end up being in the best interests of everyone. She couldn't help but feel that with all the walking that the three had been doing, her feet were starting to hurt. Amanda never really had a problem with walking long distances. Maybe it was the gas, perhaps her strength hadn't all come back to her body. Perhaps it was just the overwhelming urge to sit down because of the massive brain-fuck that she'd just recently recieved.

Brain-fuck is right. Hi, pardon me for a second, we're going to interrupt your school trip so that we can kidnap you all, just so you can all have a little game of last man standing. Oh, yes, by the way, we'll be using real weapons, so the majority of you won't ever see your families again. Thanks!

This would undoubtedly make national news, especially if she didn't survive. That much was certain. As that thought popped into her head, Amanda couldn't help but ponder her own mortality. She'd taken life pretty seriously, and couldn't help but wonder did I really enjoy it as much as I could have? She'd had the intent of getting through school with the best marks possible, and then going to a good school, perhaps travelling abroad for a bit. Amanda didn't want to be a politician though. In fact, she wanted to stay as far away from that as possible.

Not something I'd like to put my kids through, thank you very much.

No, in her heart, Amanda had always wanted to be something much more useful to society - she had wanted to be a forensic investigator. While science wasn't her BEST area, she didn't do too poorly in mathematics, and she figured that if she was able to fight her way through the science part, the math would come easily.

Sure looks like it's going to happen now, though. Hell, some poor bastard'll probably have the unpleasant job of sorting through our remains.

She shivered. Again, there was that word. Remains. Implying that their fate was already determined for them. Assuming a typical determanist's point of view was what Amanda assumed many of the students were doing. It was a popular philosophy topic, she knew that from class. Free will vs. determinism.

I guess that either way, we'll see what happens. If fate truly does predetermine our lives for us, then maybe, just maybe we all aren't meant to die here. This has to serve some form of purpose. I'll be damned if I could figure out what, but maybe, just maybe...we can get out. Live. Then again, if I'm in charge of my own destiny, maybe I'm fucked over moreso than if it's all determined. At least then, I wouldn't have a choice. But if I die, it's my fault.

She didn't know what to do, really. Finding Adam was number one on her priority list. Perhaps he'd have an idea of what to do. Then again, what if he's playing? I hadn't even thought of that...

No, that couldn't be. She dismissed the thought. Adam's too nice of a guy, I couldn't ever see him killing anyone. I don't know if he'd be able to handle it. But if he is playing... The thought of being shot at by her...well, by Adam, was frightening to her. Moreso than any other concept she could think of.

Finding her way out of her own thoughts, unable, however, to shake the disturbed look on her face, she turned to Madelaine again and weakly asked "so...what do you think we'll find when we get to the house?"

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 03:26 AM
(occ Continued from http://s10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...opic=140&st=30)

Heather wandered out of the forest into a large flat feild with a touch of vegitation. She wandered out into the feild with her assigned P99 clutched in her hands,the 9mm clip already loaded, and her right index finger on the trigger guard.

Heather looked around the feild and moved her head back so her half-circle shaped glasses slid back on her nose. She didnt exactly see anyone but people could be hiding in the brush.

Heather slid her bag back onto her sholdier and continued to walk slowly across the feild looking around to see if anyone was there, hoping that someone who was out for blood wasnt behind the next thucket of brush.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 03:33 AM
Hearing what could be footsteps, David again held out his arm to stop the two girls and reached for his gun, casting wary looks around the field. "Whoever you are, identify yourself!"

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 03:46 AM
Heather froze in fear, 'A guy!!! What if he wants to do what those jocks did.'She thought as beads of sweat started to form on her forehead.

"Uhm.. I'm Heather,Heather Pendergast where are you and who are you"

Heather said with a quiver in her voice, fear didnt describe how she was feeling right now it was sheer terror. What if he wanted to rape her than kill her. Heather's body was visibally shaking by now.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 03:51 AM
David turned and squinted his eyes at a human form in the bushes nearby. "Step out, I can't see you." he ordered, sliding the gun from it's holster.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 03:56 AM
Heather slightly bit her lip and walked through the bush to see 2 girls and a guy holding....a gun. Her eyes widened from behind her glasses and focused onto the boy's gun.

Heather raised her hands and dropped the P99 she was holding letting it hit the dirt.

"Please....Dont shoot"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 03:59 AM
"I won't unless you pose a threat." David said, still holding his revolver just in case. "Again, I have to ask you to step out from the bush so I can see you."

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:05 AM
Heather walked the rest of the way through the bush. 'for chrissake this kid needs glasses badly.' Her eyes glued on the gun in the boy's hand.

Heather moved her foot back and slid the P99 closer to her hoping the boy was either focused on her face or her chest.What if these are Leafmore students oh god I'd be screwed.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:08 AM
Breifly seeing the outline of a firearm, David raised the revolver and fired, intentionally missing Heather and hitting near her arm. "Drop the weapon or the next bullet goes through your head!" he said ina dangerous voice that clearly stated he was serious.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:13 AM
Hearing the gun fire yet miss her Heather's eyes started tearing in fear.

"The gun was already on the ground."

Heather was still visibally shaking with her hands in the air.She was in a state of pure fear. This crazy fucker's going to kill me no doubt about it.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:17 AM
"Yet you tried to grab it while assuming my guard was down. I should kill you as a threat to both myself and Amanda, but I won't." David replied, walking over to her and extending his hand. "Give it to me. Nothing has transpired to convince me that I can trust you without confiscating your weapon."

For all I know she'll kill us as soon as we turn around, I can't let that happen! he thought in a mixture of protectiveness, anger and mistrust.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:23 AM
Heather nodded and using her foot slid the P99 towards the boy.

"I wasn't tring to grab it, If I was planning to shoot I wouldn've dropped the gun."

By then Heather was silently cring in fear. What are you doing They like it when you cry.

"I was just passing through anyways."

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:27 AM
Picking up the pistol, David turned on the safety (he didn't want to accidentally shoot himself while checking it) and popped out the clip, seeing it ws full before putting it back in and putting the gun in his pocket. Walking to Amanda, he gave her the Smith & Wesson with it's aditional ammo and turned back to the newcomer. "Are you sure you don't have any more ammunition than this one clip? Tell me the truth."

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:34 AM
(occ the safty turns off when you pull the trigger)

Heather slowly reached into one of her vest pockets and produced 3 9mm clips for the P99 and extended her arm out towards the boy.

" These are the clips and i think i have a box of 9mm ammo in one of these pockets"

Heather's eyes behind her glasses were overflowing with tears.She closed her eyes to try to stop the tears,Wasn't working was well as she hoped.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:38 AM
OOC: Thanks for that bit of information. Ironically just as I started researching the gun too.
IC: Taking the three clips and pocketing them, David motioned to Heather. "I have to ask you to remove the box of ammo from your pocket. I could do it myself, but I would rather not."

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:43 AM
(occ no problem)

Heather patted her pockets she reached into a sperate pocket and produced a box of American egle brand 9mm ammo.

"here"

Heather said as she offered the box of ammo to the boy.He took my gun and my ammo the only protection i had I knew i shouldnt have stopped, I should've just ran.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:45 AM
Taking the box of ammunition and putting it in the same pocket as the three clips, he backed towards his group, never taking his eyes off the disarmed female. "Thank you for cooperating, you may go."

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:51 AM
"What the fuck? Your just going to take my only weapon and than let me go , you heartless Bastard"

Heather somewhat expected this all along but this didnt quell her anger at the fucker standing infront of her who took her gun at gunpoint.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 04:54 AM
"I am letting you leave with your life. Is that not enough?" David said, not used to being talked to that way. Really, he just took her gun and ammo because he was convinced he'd try to shoot them as soon as they passed by, so he got rid of the threat.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 04:57 AM
"Hell, even if, there are kids out there with guns as well, So i'll end up dead quickly"

Heather Balled up her hands into fists, her anger and hatred rising steadally ,waiting for the perfect moment to punch this kid,he fucking deserved it.

"So if you give me back my gun and ammo back I'll just leave"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 05:01 AM
"You can always get another weapon. Maybe from a dead student." David said, now slightly annoyed. This insolent girl was starting to make him mad, but he was trying to be rational. "I have a better idea." he said when she told him to give her weapon back. "Leave or get shot through the head." David took out the P99 and aimed it.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 05:08 AM
Heather stared the boy in the eyes, he wasn't giving the gun up without a fight.her eyes widened with the introduction of the gun's muzzle aimed at her face.

"You dont have the balls to shoot"

Heather said as she jabbed her knee into the boys crotch, Fairly hard.
Niice hit him where it ment itnow maybe you can get the gun back.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 05:11 AM
As David felt the knee hit him in the crotch, he shouted in pain and dropped to the ground. When he managed to regain his balance, he rose to a sitting position on one knee and pulled the trigger, sending a hot lead bullet Heather's way. He had been attacked, now he wasn't going to stop until she was dead.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 05:18 AM
Heather felt the bullet enter her thigh an unemaginable pain coarsed through her body.

"God dammit!"

Heather hollered as she held her thigh,and fell to the ground.That asshole first stealing my gun than shooting an unarmed girl.

"Do you get off on threatening and shooting defenseless people, huh? Ya sadistic bastard "

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 05:22 AM
David approached Heather again and took aim. "You attacked me. Now you die." with that, he fired about five shots in succession right at her.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 05:32 AM
Heather heard 5 gunshots and felt multiple bullets hit her left arm.She held her arm and winced.

Heather struggled to get to her feet as blood covered her fingers. I will not die I Wont! She slowly stumbled towards the boy. After a while she got next to the boy and grabbed the gun and attempted to pry it from his hand.

"I Will not die this easally"

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 05:34 AM
David nearly dropped the gun at the force of the grab, but he took it in his other hand to compensate."Then you should have left when I allowed you to." David remarked simply, firing two more rounds towards Heather's chest at the close range created by her grab at him.

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 05:41 AM
Heather fell back as the shots hit her in the chest. So this is it i'm going to die. Heather landed on her back as the blood seeped out of her cheast.

"No....no..this cant be"

Heather mumbled as tears leaked out of her eyes. "I should've just ran away from the start ,and now I'm going to die."

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 05:45 AM
David walked over to the fallen girl and aimed the gun at her head, trying to decide whether or not to kill her. Eventually, he decided not to, since he did not need to and had to preserve ammo. Instead of finishing her, he left her lying there and bleeding as he headed towards his group. "We should be back on our way, or we won't reach the house before nightfall."

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 05:52 AM
Heather struggled to get up. Luckly neither of the bullets hit anything vital,but she would die of blood loss if she didnt stop the bleeding soon.

Slowly standing up and stumbing towards the boy like she has had too much to drink,After a while she got right behind him,and she clenched her teeth onto the boy's neck,digging her teeth into his flesh. If this doesn't work thaan I'm dead.

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 06:14 AM
"Enough!" David was markably pissed off. Tossing Heather off his neck, and wincing as flesh tore free from below his collar (he was lucky his neck wasn't blown to bits right there) he pushed her away and fired seven shots consecutively to the head and chest areas. He wasn't sure if he had killed the adversary, but he holstered the P99 and put his hand to his neck, trying to stop the blood flow as he limped to the group again.

((Continued in: http://s10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...pic=167&st=60))

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 24 2005, 01:14 PM
OOC: No offense, but you just fired fourteen consecutive shots without reloading and you've hardly been hurt at all during this fight. It's got to be a little give or take, you know? I've been bitten before, I know that it's mightily hard to throw someone off if they have their teeth sunk into your arm. So...*shrug* Just an observation.

Yeah, bites suck. *grumble*

ETA: Yeah, Lady, I've been booted in that area before - believe you me, you go down hard no matter if it's a girl you're attacking (this scenario) or your four year old brother...*wince*

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 24 2005, 01:28 PM
((OOC: Slayer, I'm going to have to side with d0ddi0 on this one, since I've been making note of godmoding attempts made by your character. After all, wouldn't a knee to the crotch drastically slow down his reaction time, if not causing him to double over in pain? Just saying...

And especially since Heather is a totally brand new character, maybe you should take it easy a bit, unless you guys planned this. *shrug* If you're in it for the realism, then be realistic is all I'm saying))

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 02:49 PM
(occ the gun hes shooting with holds 16 9mm rounds so it can shoot 14,and i really dont mind Heather dying so eh. oh and about the you should fall if you get kneed in the crotch you would fall and you should be cring in pain,uhm yeah i agree with the Dodd and makaze you are slightly godmodding the knee to the crotch should drop you, the grabbing of the wrist and pressing on the vein should make you drop the gun.and now im confused )

Posted by: Slayer Jul 24 2005, 03:24 PM
OOC: I see your points, I'll edit around some things and I wasn't entirely sure which vein on the wrist you pinched (there are a few). I apologise. Anyway, the errors you pointed out (except for the vein thing) should be easy to fix, though I must point out that Heather has been attacking a bit too swiftly for a wounded person. Just saying.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 24 2005, 03:34 PM
((OOC: Thanks Really appreciate it Slayer, and yes, it's true that Heather sure moves fast for someone who took in a bit of lead. In any case, I'll post IC once Heather is dead (unless the situation will resolve some other way), so fight on. ))

(Edit: Will post once Kuze replies)

Posted by: Kuze Jul 24 2005, 03:46 PM
(occ I kind of put small lapses in time Eh I'll edit it in 8 min when an auction im monitering ends,alright

/Edit/ Slayer and I made a chompromise because alot of it would be changed if we edit it the outcome will be changed

/EDIT2/ will add IC to this post)

Heather fell back from the force of of the boy's throw casuing the boy's bullets to miss entirely.'If i dont run now im dead.'.

Heather sat up and slowly reached for her bag the was behind her with her wounded arm and started to drag it towards her,and got ready to stumble away from the boy.

Heather slowly stood up with bag in hand and started to slowly stumble away towards the dirt path where she was headed to anyways.

(possibally continued in the dirt path)

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 24 2005, 08:57 PM
Madelaine had fallen silent and still, as the scene unfolded in front of her. She had been startled into silence when Heather suddenly appeared, sensing the tension of yet another confrontation. Watching quietly, Madelaine prayed inwardly that the girl would just listen to David's warning and just run away. However, she could not overlook David's harshness when he took away her weapon, threatening to kill her if she came any closer.

For sure, this was someone who was totally prepared to kill if needed. Perhaps this was only natural for someone who wanted to protect another...but watching as he shot at her, again and again, that sort of attitude seemed almost cold and abnormal to her.

Unable to act, unable to speak, she remained frozen in place, only relaxing once the girl had scrambled off. The poor girl... Madelaine thought to herself, angered at herself for remaining passive while the confrontation heated up even more. At least....at least no one was killed this time.

Now that her nerves had calmed, she raised her chin slightly towards David with a scathing look that was calm, yet held a trace of contempt. She gazed at him, holding that piercing look for several silent moments. Inside, her heart stung.

Without a word, she broke that gaze and abruptly continued her way. She silently walked ahead in brisk strides, leaving the two somewhat further back, but not walking in a pace that could not easily be matched.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 25 2005, 02:04 PM
Amanda had been shocked at the shooting - so much so that she had simply stood there with her mouth agape, watching the events unfold. To say that she had wanted to say nothing would be completely incorrect. Amanda had intended to shout, scream out to David that this girl didn't look like a threat...but her voice caught in her throat, coming out like a small croak. As the shooting progressed, she felt something being placed into her hands, and looking down, she saw her hands full of a gun - and it's spare ammunition. She looked at the horror of it all - the fact was, she wasn't used to handling guns. This, of course, put her into more of a shock. When the girl finally ran off, there was a silence for a second, before Madelaine seemed to purposefully start walking quite a bit faster than Amanda and David.

Oh hell no, you're not leaving me alone with him...the hell with that...

Amanda professed to herself that protector or not; she was afraid of David. He had shown that he was in a position to kill, and he wouldn't be afraid to do it. Amanda glanced at the neutral expression on David's face, and then ran to catch up with Madelaine. The other girl looked absolutely horrified, and her pace was rather difficult to keep up with. Amanda found herself almost jogging beside her, and it was then that she finally found her voice again - albeit it came out dry and hollow-sounding.

"Madelaine! Madelaine, slow down..."

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 25 2005, 02:27 PM
A piercing wave of numbness flooded through Madelaine as she blindly strode through the field, clouding her sight and sense of hearing. Her teeth clenched together behind pursed lips in a grim expression. Her face had paled under its light tan while David mercilessly shot at the panic-stricken girl. Now, her expression tensed as she cursed silently.

Beneath her coldly resolute mask, pain and frustration welled up inside her, begging to be let out in a sudden outburst of fury and anguish. But she suppressed it, knowing that no good will come out of losing her temper(rather, worsen the situation). Her pursed lips trembled slightly. Inside her mouth, she tasted blood.

It took her a while to register that Amanda was speaking to her. She was startled, then became suddenly ashamed at herself. Forgetting her completely, she had run off on her own on impulse, leaving behind this girl who had made an effort to befriend her despite the grim situation they were in.

She stopped in place. Her anguish suddenly abandoned her, and she turned around fully to look back at Amanda, who was struggling to keep up with her. She waited silently for Amanda to catch up, face downcast.

"...Sorry. I didn't mean to leave you back there, and...well..."

Her slightly raspy voice had trailed off, cut short by the heavy lump growing in her throat.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 25 2005, 02:39 PM
Amanda looked Madelaine up and down. It was quite evident that the shooting had tweaked some far ingrained emotional trauma within the girl and it was evidently taking its toll on her. To be honest, Amanda found that the shooting was taking its toll on her as well. As she had thought before, it would be in their best interests to make haste across this long field, and get to that house sooner than later. Amanda, however, figured that it would be best to put on a strong face and support those around her...but if I'm all by myself and I keep everything inside, I won't be able to go at it for long...

Perhaps that was all they needed.

"Hey, it's okay. Really, I was probably about ready to do the same thing. We need to get to that house, then maybe we can rest, or find some friendly faces, or something. Everything's going to be fine, don't worry."

Amanda managed a weak smile, and put her hand on the other girl's shoulder in a gesture of friendship.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 25 2005, 02:53 PM
Madelaine gazed at Amanda for a while, listening as always. She felt comforted, feeling Amanda's hand on her shoulder. The tension inside her chest gradually eased, leaving a slight ache that was somehow relieving. Madelaine let out a small sigh before returning the smile. At least, she thought. At least I'm still able to smile. Even though I might not survive this...at least I can still smile. For some reason, such a trivial matter, being able to smile, seemed to matter more to her than surviving.

She nodded at Amanda, feeling calmed despite everything that has happened to her so far. "Yeah....rest..." she murmured. It was almost exhausting to speak, but each word she let out seemed to relieve her. "I'm sure that there are people who haven't given in yet. Perhaps, if we bump into them, we'll be able to form a group. It'll be safer for us." She smiled, warmly this time.

Feeling a sense of renewal, she walked ahead again, though this time, she walked at a relaxed pace. She turned towards Amanda again, walking backwards with a serene expression on her face, waiting for her companion to catch up.

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 25 2005, 03:02 PM
Amanda jogged to catch up with Madelaine, figuring that it would be better off to walk in a group than by herself. Who knew what could happen if you were to wander around by yourself? As she settled into a relaxed pace beside Madelaine, she glanced back to see David further behind her. The boy's blank expression unsettled her a little, and she turned back to Madelaine.

"Hey...look. About David, I don't...I don't really trust him completely. I mean, he seems like one of those kids who's really patriotic towards the US and all, and when he first saw me he basically knew who my dad was and vowed to protect me. Kind of like in the Terminator, you know, with Ah-nuld?"

She smiled. It was funny thinking of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the governer of California, as the cold robotic Terminator. She had personally met him on more than one occasion; in fact her father and the Austrian governer were fast friends. No matter what anyone said about him, she liked the man, as he was always very kind to her whenever she visited with her father.

I'm sure Arnold will help get us out of here...become a real actuon hero...

Her expression turned serious and she lowered her voice.

"But as much as I don't think David would hurt me, I'm concerned that he might try and do something to you, especially if I...go somewhere, or something. So...I think that you need this a little more than I do."

Amanda removed the pistol that David had given her earlier out of her pocket, and then fished out the extra ammunition.

"Here...just in case he tries something...or hell, just in case of anything at all. Just...I guess, try not to shoot Adam if you see him?"

Amanda smiled weakly at Madelaine and held the gun out to her, handle-first.

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 25 2005, 03:32 PM
Madelaine felt her insides run cold as Amanda mentioned David, though she did her best to ignore the feeling of caution and distrust for the boy. Though she and David had been somewhat cold to eachother just after she had bumped into the group, Madelaine did her best to tolerate David, despite his lack of remorse for killing Andrew. But the encounter with the girl only a few minutes ago crossed the line. Any feeling of security she felt while in his presence was now smothered away by his lack of emotion.

She nodded with agreement to what Amanda was saying about him, smiling slightly as she compared him to that guy from Terminator. Humour aside, she understood just what Amanda was saying, for she felt the same as well.

"I don't trust him either...I mean, he's already proven that he is willing to kill, supposedly to protect you, but... it seems almost unnatural." A chill ran down her spine as she remembered his blank expression as he fired: only once at Andrew, but several times at Heather. Even if she was the one under his protection...there was no way she could possibly feel safe.

She was about to continue when Amanda suddently interrupted, then handed the gun to her. It was the Smith & Wesson that David had held onto earlier, but Madelaine could easily care less about the name.

Hesitantly, she carefully took the gun with both hands, looking only at Amanda. Delicately, without placing her finger against the trigger, she held it by the grip in her hand, where it seemed to fit perfectly against the contours of her fingers.

She knew not whether to feel happy or afraid. But nonetheless she was grateful. Carefully, she placed it inside her right hand pocket and looked back towards Amanda. She opened her mouth to speak, voice cracking a bit.

"...Thank you....," she said weakly. She swallowed hard. "I was on the archery club for a while...so I have a good eye. So if anything happens..."

She hesitated, not knowing how to finish the sentence. If something happens...I'll be able to kill the other party? Maybe catch the guy between the eyes, thus showing off my superb marksmanship? Eliminate the competition completely?" No...that was not what the gun was for.

"...I'll be able to protect myself. I'll be able to protect you," she said finally, smiling fully now. "I can protect the both of us."

Posted by: d0ddi0slave Jul 25 2005, 03:44 PM
Amanda smiled at the declaration, and as Madelaine took the gun. Most people would probably balk at giving up a gun willingly in such a game, but Amanda frankly couldn't shoot worth a damn, and as such, felt better giving the gun to Madelaine, someone she thought that she could trust.

As for David...well, I guess I trust him not to hurt me, but beyond that...who knows. If we can't get out of here any other way but winning, and it comes down to him and I...I'm sure he probably won't hesitate to shoot me...

The thought made Amanda shudder. Getting shot, albeit something she hadn't experienced, was one of those 'I'll be happy if it never happens' kind of things. Unfortunately, the odds were seeming better and better.

Her gaze had carried to the ground as she hacked off some grass that seemed to be getting thicker...getting thicker...?

Amanda looked up and almost recoiled. FINALLY! They had arrived at what looked to be a forested area. Inside, Amanda could faintly make out the outline of a small house. Excited, she turned to Madelaine and grinned widely.

"Oh, man...it's about fucking time we got across this damned field! Come on, I can see the house from here...let's go!"

Her feet hurt, and hopefully soon, she'd be able to sit down for a second.

Hopefully she wouldn't find herself dodging bullets instead.

((CONTINUED IN: THe SMALL HOUSE))

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jul 25 2005, 04:01 PM
Madelaine followed the direction of her gaze and saw the distant shape of the house sticking out of the seemingly endless open field. It seemed almost out of place, like a blemish, but Madelaine had no reason to worry about that.

She gave a large sigh of relief. Here they were, finally, after trudging through nothing but dirt and grass for what seemed like a lifetime. She grinned back at Amanda in spite of herself. The excitement was contagious.

Finally, she would be able to rest and recouperate, at least for a while before they had to start moving again, but Madelaine pushed that thought out of her mind for the moment.

"Wonderful...I'd become sick of this field a long time ago," she remarked excitedly as she began to hurry towards the tiny building, being careful not to leave Amanda behind. Already she was formulating in her mind the first thing she was going to do once she entered the house: survey the place, set up a barricade, and then finally settle. Perhaps she'll even have time to write an entry in her diary. Lord knew just how much she wanted to finally let everything out, thoughts and feelings alike, after all that has happened to her today...

She began to pick up the pace, as the outline of the house grew larger and larger.

((To be continued: http://s10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...7&st=45&#last))
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Helicopter Crash Site · Next Topic »
Add Reply