Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to PRW!

Information

PRW.com

Upcoming PPV

PRW Champions

Affiliates

Welcome to Professional RPG Wrestling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Right now, we are set to Admin Approval for all new members. This means that if you sign up, you will not be allowed to post until an admin as approved your account. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it has become a necessary step to stop the flow of spammers joining our boards. For increased chances of joining us, please do not sign up with a disposable email address as these accounts will be banned instantly, again, a necessary step to stop the flow of spammers joining the boards.

Please be patient. We will approve your account ASAP.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Active Multiquote Inactive
Add Reply
SPARTA Presents Guerreros y Titanes
Topic Started: Sep 3 2017, 05:41 PM (123 Views)
Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
SPARTA Presents Guerreros y Titanes

A Brand New SPARTA Television Project!

For years, MMA has aimed to find a way to break into Latin America. Many have tried and many have failed as developing talent has proven to be challenging. Now it's SPARTA's turn to try something different. For over a year, Alex Mesa and Nadia Allegre have chased the opportunity to try and put the SPARTA brand into Latin America and FINALLY after an exhaustive effort, we can officially announce our plans to break through! Ladies and gentlemen, we're proud to introduce you to Guerreros yTitanes! Starting on September 4th, every Monday Night at 10 PM Eastern across South American television networks and 11 PM on PRW and SPARTA.com, SPARTA will present Guerreros y Titanes. Guerreros y Titanes is a 16 fighter no tournament expedition in developing and discovering the newest MMA talents in Latin America!

The Rules:

-For the first time ever in Becoming SPARTANS, there are NO teams and as such there are no special coaches! It’ll be sixteen fighters all working together to get 9 fighters long term contracts in SPARTA!

-Even though there are no special coach/sponsor tandems, each week will feature 1-2 “special hosts” designed to provide unique skills, commentary and other “additional gifts” to the show. They’ll also be responsible for picking the fights WITH the honest input of the coaches.

-At the end of each episode, they’ll be one three round fight where the winning fighter is hooked up with a SPARTA sponsor and a three fights guaranteed contract. The winner is then presented with two options; begin his training right away with his new gym or stick it out for the rest of the show for additional personalized training.

-No tournament, each fighter will have ONE fight to earn a SPARTA contract and a sponsor.

-After eight fighters have advanced, SPARTA will pair up four of the losing fighters on the final episode in “a win to get in” fight. The final two fighters will advance to the finale in early November for a “one contract finale” where the winner earns himself a three fight contract as well.

-Each winner earns $5,000 BUT anybody who finishes a fight on the show will earn double on their beginning base salary upon their first fight in the organization.

The roster of sixteen fighters at 155 lbs will drop sometime tonight so keep an eye out for that as well! For those wishing to follow along, you can do so in the following regions:

Worldwide: PRW.com & SPARTA.com
Costa Rica XPERTV Canal 33
Mexico: Canal Seite
Argentina:América Televisión
Chile: Via X
Honduras: Teleceiba
Uruguay: Teledoce
Peru: América Televisión

Stay tuned as the fighters of Guerreros y Titanes are revealed the world!
Edited by Joey NOX, Sep 21 2017, 10:44 PM.
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Online Member No PM Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
The Guerreros Y Titanese Roster

Part One!

Jose Luis Marquez
5’7
6-2 MMA record (4 wins by TKO, 2 wins by decision/2 losses by submission)

A member of “MMA Azteca”, Jose Luis Marquez figures to be one of the many Mexican fighters appearing on the show. Marquez is a 28 year old boxer who shares some of the more traditional problems that Latin American fighters face; he comes from a boxing background with limited exposure to wrestling and grappling. As such, Marquez is a wizard on the feet but when fights get versatile, he struggles with the ability to adapt. Inexperienced but improving, Marquez has rebounded from two straight losses by rear naked choke (in the United States) to win his last two fights by decision back in Mexico. Marquez lives in Houston, Texas and works full time as a landscaper and his ability to speak fluent English may give him a leg up in training.

Quote:

What Are You Hoping To Prove On Guerreros Latinos?

“I know Latin America and the fighters from Mexico and other places haven’t had the experience to really stand up on and prove what we are just yet. I know though that we have the talent to compete in ways that other people can’t compete. The sport started in America and Japan, they left us out of it. Now that we’re here? It won’t be long before we have a champion soon. I know Ricardo opened the door for a lot of us but trust me, I’m hoping to prove that Mexico has talent. We’ve got plenty of men and women who fight hard and believe in what is the benefits of the hard work. We’re going to shock a lot of sad people who expect us to fail.”

Any messages to the fans?

"Fans of what? My fans know who I am. The fans of MMA SHOULD know who I am and the fans of SPARTA will know who I am. I don't have any message beyond hoping I live up to everybody's expectations. From my team to my family to my fellow Mexicans, I'm hoping I can back up my own promises in life. I see big things for Latin America and MMA and I want to be apart of that. I don't care if anybody knows doesn't think it can happen."

Felipe Vela/Nickname: Solo
6’0
3-0 MMA record (3 wins by submission)

A survivor of testicular cancer, the nickname of Solo (a reference to his remaining testicle) may seem cruel but it’s genuinely considered a sign of love for the fighter. Felipe Vela has battled cancer to come back and turn into a relatively exciting prospect at his elder age. Vela’s submission and wrestling game are far advanced as it pertains to Latin America but his success in wrestling and BJJ tournaments suggest he would be capable under any measurement. Vela’s striking needs to come a long way for him to be considered well rounded but he has shown some improvements in that regard. Felipe is another member of the AZTECA MMA team and is one of the original founding members. Felipe Vela has often been regarded for his leadership and smarts.

Quote:

What Are You Hoping To Prove on Guerreros Latinos?

“It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do for a living, how you spend your time or how you view yourself because cancer doesn’t give a shit. I want to use my illness and how I overcame it to prove what really matters. When you get sick, the first thing that dies is your will. You accept it. I didn’t accept it and nobody else has to accept it. I hope to be the man who provides courage to people who are struggling and battling illnesses. In a cage, when you get taken down, sometimes you say “Ah shit, well I’m stuck here.” Sometimes life is about not accepting the position and getting back up. I want to help men and women get back up.”

"May your journey in life be ten times as easy as mine has been and twice as rewarding. If you tune in, I'm going to give you all a reason to want to see me fight again and again. I'm not just a survivor with a story, I'm a fighter in every sense of the word."

Beethoven Salazar
5’7
7-1 MMA record (5 wins by (T)KO, 2 wins by submission/1 loss by (T)KO)

Despite its talent in baseball and basketball, the Dominican Republic has not quite had the same combat sports pedigree as other islands in the Caribbean. Perhaps Beethoven Salazar can change that as he enters the mix. Named after the famous composer after his mother during pregnancy met a gypsy who promised her son would be famous, Beethoven Salazar dabbles between training full time and working in law enforcement. The police offer has picked up six straight wins, all by stoppage with five of those coming in the very first round. Salazar prefers to use his squat frame to get in on takedowns and pound out opponents from the top, leading to either a TKO win or a rear naked choke finish. Salazar has fought primarily in Puerto Rico and parts of Mexico during his career.

Quote:

What are you hoping to prove on Guerreros Latinos?

“I want to prove that I have a lot in common with the other Beethoven obviously. For starters, we’re both composers of a sort. I composed violence and hurting people. He composed fine music. I believe mine is tougher because nobody gets punched in the face when you’re playing some kind of instrument. I’ve never been hit playing the tambourine on the beach! I’ve been punched in the cage though! I just want to have fun, learn and improve along with my skills. I’ve only lost once in my life and I don’t accept that as a loss because it was short notice. Even Beethoven needed time to make whatever his music was.”

"I'm happy you're giving this a chance to prosper and grow. We are athletes like every other sport except we're meaner, tougher and nastier at our jobs. We play hurt, we fight injured, we don't whine about money or paycuts. We go home to our families and raise our kids right. We're amazing athletes and I want your respect and attention. If you take one look at us all, you'll see the true heart of Latin America on display."

Horacio Julice/Nickname: Wolverine
5’9
4-2 MMA record (2 wins by TKO, 2 wins by submission/1 loss by TKO, 1 loss by decision)

The nickname fits the backstory of Horacia Julice; a Chilean dental operator who at 18 was hit by a car and told he’d never walk again. Three years later, Julice was competing in local soccer tournaments and boxing matches with his recuperative abilities earning him the Wolverine nickname. After going to college and earning a successful living as an oral surgeon, Julice decided to try his hand in combat sports. Julice’s soccer background should serve as no surprise given his love of kicks from range to keep him out of harm’s way which coupled with his boxing background give him sharp powerful hands. Julice has been knocked out once before in his career and is not overly proficient in wrestling. If the fight goes to the ground, his athleticism has enabled him to pull out two armbar submissions in the past.

Quote:

“I don’t have a real set goal other than to win. I’m 32 years old with two children and another on the way. I’m not fighting for charity and I can’t keep spending tremendous money to train every single day. SPARTA is paying for my training and have given me full opportunity to train with the best and not in a ratty gym where there are mice and the ceiling has holes in it. I get to go to Texas and learn under the best and I value that more than I do spending my own money to train. My wife has my expenses covered and I hope that I prove this wasn’t a mistake for her and I.”

"Do something nice for people. Seriously. Go outside and buy a sandwich for someone who is starving, help an old person clean their house, give a friend a ride. Better the world you're in! Better the days people spend around you."

Elian Gomes/Nickname: La Masecre
5’8
5-0 MMA record (3 wins by submission, 2 by decision)

Whereas other fighters come from hard luck and tough conditions, Elian Gomes’ path to MMA is mostly of his own doing. The son of two college graduates, Elian Gomes opted not to follow in the path of his parents, dropping out of school at 15 years old. He worked at his father’s hotel in Ecuador as a bus boy while taking boxing and kickboxing lessons on the side. When he hit 18, Elian moved out onto his own and has been on his own ever since as a competitive boxer and kickboxer. After 30 fights in stand up combat sports, Gomes decided to gravitate towards MMA. Thus far Gomes has found success and most surprisingly it’s been on the ground. The Ecuadorian may have untapped potential if he can continue to improve at the rate he’s going.

Quote:

“I fight to prove something to myself like I always fight to prove something to myself. On the show, I’m going to train hard every single day non stop. I’m going to fight like there’s no tomorrow because there really is none in my eyes. When I was 18 years old, I told myself I wanted to live a life worth remembering, not a long life worth savoring. I’ve been fighting since 18 years old and the journey doesn’t stop and will never stop. I want to prove to people that you should always work to please yourself and nobody else.”

Any Messages to Fans?

"You are not what you appear to be. You are what you want to be. If you want want to be a great athlete, you can absolutely be one. You can be a great athlete and a great smart person.
You can be both. If you want to be lazy and fat and ugly then you'll ultimately be that way.
Control your own life."

Pedro Moycano
5’10
3-1 (3 wins by decision/1 loss by TKO)

Honduras is rolling into SPARTA! Perhaps one of the more intriguing stories on the show centers around Pedro Moycano. A former gang member in Honduras, Moycano is open and honest about his gang activities before his time in fighting. It wasn’t until Moycano’s family was killed in a shooting that he decided to change his ways and aim for a better life. Moycano and his remaining sibling moved from Honduras to El Salvador and then finally Mexico where he took a job as a truck driver to pay for his MMA training. Moycano thus far has racked up 3 solid wins during his time in MMA, all by decision and all where his heart and cardio pushed him beyond his shortcomings. In his one loss, Moycano was KO’d in 19 seconds with a headkick.

Quote:

“I want to prove there’s more than Mexico in Latin America. South America, we get kind of the scraps, you know? When people hear Spanish they think Spain or Mexico. Well what about Colombia? Peru? Ecuador? Chile? Of course my own people in Honduras matter too! I want to prove that there’s more to this than just a bunch of Mexicans out here taking the fighting world. Mexico has 4 fighters! We have one! I’m going to wake up the rest of Latin America to what our power is!”

Any words for the fans?

"I hope they like the show because I'm coming to put on a show. Every moment and every second is about putting on the show."

Enrique Arzamandia
5’11
5-3 (4 wins by TKO, 1 by decision/3 losses by submission)
Last Fought: April of 2017, a TKO win

Enrique Arzamandia is not going to dazzle anyone with his record (5-3) or with his age (33 years old) but Arzamandia has two distinct factors on his side which could make him a surprise performance. Arzamandia for starters is a veteran of the Brazilian MMA circuit, often considered the third toughest in the world behind the American and Asian MMA scene. He fared 2-1 in 3 fights in Brazil with his sole loss coming to a fighter with over 30 pro fights. What’s more Arzamandia has won three straight fights and four out of his last six. The Guatemala native has been living in Brazil for the last three years in an attempt to hone his craft and round out the holes in his grappling game. Arzamandia comes from a traditional karate based background prior to entering MMA.

Quote:

“I want to put Guatemala on the map when it comes to fighting. I may not win every fight but I want to be remembered for being always exciting. I want people to say “Wow, Guatemala has a fighter? He’s exciting too! I bet there are more like that!” It really only takes one person to kick down the door and in Guatemala, we’re laid back. We’re poor people who don’t have much to fight over, we’re battling all kinds of stigmas in our own minds. I’ve gone to Brazil and fought there and seen how they treat fighters. I want that kind of attention and notoriety. I want Guatemala to feel what I feel when I fight.”

Any messages for the fans?

"Listen to me, buds. Karate is NOT just for fat kids trying to lose weight or gain confidence. Guatemala is not just for jokes and it's not the thing you turn avacados into. You better be prepared for me to put on a show with my karate and for me to remind you all the power of Guatamela!"

Cesar Delgado; Nickname: El Cocinero
5’8
4-1 (3 wins by TKO, 1 by decision/1 loss by submission)

The youngest fighter on the show, Cesar “El Cocinero” Delgado figures to be an intriguing follow. Delgado’s a professional chef (or at the very least a chef in training) who took to MMA at the ripe age of 15 years old. Competing with a falsified birth certificate proclaiming him to be 18, Delgado began competing in nearby Costa Rica. The Panama native racked up three straight wins, all by KO, before he was busted for not being of legal age to fight. Upon his ACTUAL 18th birthday, Delgado resumes MMA and lost his first fight back by submission. Blaming it on rust, Delgado got back in the cage six months later to pick up a win in Mexico over a regional champion over five rounds. Delgado’s got a high upside, a ton of athletic talent but also concerns about his emotional maturity.

Quote:

“In my country, Roberto Duran is king. He’s one of the greatest boxers of all time and there was just a movie on him. I want to be that kind of fighter. I want the public to view me as a hero and a legend, I want to make enough money to do three things. I want to open a restaurant in my area, I want to feed the poor who live in my town who don’t have anything to eat and I want to buy a house for my dad. If I can do that then it’s all good, you know? I’ll fight until I’m 40 to do that."

Any messasges to the fans?

"Ladies, the DMs are open. I've got a job and I can fight people for you, give me a like and a follow."
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
Diego Arrango; Nickname: Stitch
5’6
11-4 (5 wins by TKO, 4 wins by submission, 2 by decision/2 losses by submission, 2 losses by decision)

Venezuela has not exactly been known for its churn rate when it comes to combat sports but Diego Arrango could be an unlikely source of pride for the country. Born in Venezuela before his parents migrated to San Francisco, Diego Arrango will enter the competition with a leg up given his years as a high school and junior college wrestler. Arrango’s ground game is very much solid and he has a powerful wrestling background which will surely help as his rudimentary striking continues to improve. Arrango’s “blessed” with high cheek bones and has struggled at times due to cuts and bleeding on his face. Arrango’s also undergone surgery on his left eye a few times and had to undergo extensive medical testing to be cleared for the show. He’s also struggled with more athletic fighters and will be undersized.

Quote:

“Well I guess the first thing I have to prove is that I’m not a ringer given that I’ve lived in the US for 25 years. Obviously tensions are high between Venezuela and the United States and I’d expect and hope to maybe be a conduit to unite people. I love my Venezuelan roots, I’m proud to be from Venezuela and I love that the United States took us in and made us feel at home. I have Venezuela on my right shoulder and the USA on my left and I’m hoping to prove that you don’t have to be a side, just be true to God who will never let you fall harder than you can handle it.”

"I love the fans even the ones who don't like me. I just hope the fans of America don't look down on me because I'm representing Valenzuela and I hope the fans from Latin America don't spit on me for loving the United States."

Sergio Nahum Cervantes
5’11
4-1 (3 wins by TKO, 1 win by submission/1 loss by decision)

El Salvador does not have a rich MMA history but Sergio Nahum Cervantes is looking to be the second fighter from the country to make it big in the sport. Once a bloated 200 lbs, Cervantes took to MMA in an effort to lose weight and impress women. 45 lbs and a wife later, Cervantes has turned a hobby for self-betterment into what he hopes is a fledging career. Cervantes boasts a 4-1 record with his sole loss coming in his last fight, a five round split decision loss to a hometown fighter in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Known for his thick lower half, Cervantes has shown a quickness as it pertains to learning the wrestling game and to some of the intricacies of wrestling. Sergio Cervantes has a baby on the way and so he’s competing not just for himself but for his incoming child as well.

Quote:

“Obesity is a problem in the world. Where I’m from, we don’t call it that, we just call it being fat. I was fat. I was fatter than I should’ve been and I was spending every night dreaming of women. I lost weight, I got the benefits and I’m a great fighter now. So I guess if I had to prove anything, I’m trying to prove that fighting is fun and a good way to stay in shape. Obviously I’d love to see if El Salvador will rally behind MMA but to be honest, nobody gives a shit about the sport in El Salvador. SPARTA is probably hoping a Mexican or somebody like that beats me because we’re not gonna make any damn money in El Salvador. At least Mexico likes the sport.”

"What fans? Nobody even knows who I am. I mean if you read this, just support me. With money or with your time that's all I care about."

Juan Davila/Nickname: Delicioso
5’9
2-1 (1 win by submission, 1 win by decision/1 loss by TKO)

Ecuador’s Juan Davila is an interesting character with a very fresh fighting style. A man of many talents; Davila lists musician, civil servant, security guard and a clown as his occupations on his application to get onto the show. Beyond that, Juan Davila is a talented submission specialist who has earned a black belt in Brazilian Juijitsu plus other honors that are accepted among the MMA community. Davila’s transition to MMA hasn’t been easy as he’s struggled to make 145 lbs in the past and lost his most recent fight by TKO. He’ll be moving up in weight with the hopes that his grappling alone will put him a level above most of the fighters on the show. If it does, his personality and his talent should carry him a long way towards becoming one of the bigger stars.

Quote:

“That I’m the show! So much of fighting is a show! It’s about entertainment and being a star! The TV is going to love my personality, the ladies are going to love my looks and Ecuador is going to love that one of their own is going to be the star of the show! I hope people recognize what fun Latin America is in store for when we put on this show! People are going to be thrilled!”

"I love my fans! I love all of them! Listen I know there's a lot of things people don't understand or do not support about me. I get that. Just understand that I'm not afraid to be your representative and you should not be afraid to trust in me. I will not lose a fight! I'm too good!"

Daniel Arroyo
6’1
6-0 (3 wins by TKO, 3 wins by decision)

Of all the fighters you can expect to make it to the next level, Daniel Arroyo seems like the most destined to be a lock. At 23 years old, the Chilean star went to a one night tournament in Brazil and dominated the competition en route to earning a spot at Nova Uniao, a notoriously great gym in Brazil. The stand out spent three years training as an amateur before deciding to venture out into the MMA world on his own. Thus far, Arroyo has racked up six wins during his professional career and has earned a few “top 100 prospect” declarations from various MMA outlets. A taller 155er with long arms and a surprisingly adept wrestling game, Arroyo’s fighting confidence is almost as pronounced as his arrogance outside of the cage.

Quote:

“Jorge Vera showed PRW that Chile is home to some amazing talents. We may not be famous worldwide but the people who know Chile and the people inside of it can attest to toughness and heart. That’s the kind of stuff that people can’t understand because they underestimate us. Guerrero means warrior, it means fighter. I’m a fighter and Chile are full of fighters. People are going to learn that SPARTA is lucky they haven’t had a Chilean yet because we’re amazing athletes with toughness. I promise to be the best fighter on the whole show. I learned how to wrestle and grapple in Brazil and I box like a Latino. I can make adjustments on the fly. The best of the entire show is me.”

"Don't blink, my friends. I'm bringing the heat!"

Calvo Santos; Nickname: Oscuro
5’8
9-5 (3 wins by TKO, 3 wins by submission, 3 by decision/3 losses by TKO, 2 losses by decision)

Of the fighters on this show, none have the need for a win the way Calvo Santos does. Nicknames Oscuro due to his darker complexion, the Argentinian comes into the show with four straight losses, three of which by stoppage. Calvo Santos blames the losses on a lack of focus coming off a messy divorce with his wife while others have pointed to his relatively poor competition prior (in all nine of his wins, his opponents are a combined 28-68). Calvo Santos is one of the more experienced fighters on the show and in his wins, he has showcased an ability to wrestle, strike and grapple throughout his career. There needs to be concern over his four straight losses as three of those TKO losses all came late in the fight when his cardio and focus faltered.

Quote:

“Nothing special really. I just want to learn and fight better. My mind is clear, I’m not going to give anybody any bulletin board material, I just want to fight and prove the man that I am now. I want to make Argentina proud.”

"I mean again, nothing special. I just want to have good fights and prove who I am as a man. Sometimes that's the clearest case. Just be proud of me."

Evan Martinez
5’7
5-1 MMA record (2 wins by TKO, 2 wins by submission, 1 by decision/1 loss by TKO)

Another member of the “MMA Azteca” team, Evan Martinez has rebounded from a loss in his debut fight to rally five straight wins. Martinez was set to get an opportunity for a regional title in the United States but a paperwork problem led to him being barred from entering the country. With those paper problems solved, Evan Martinez was in the process of making the move to Houston full time right as the offer to compete on the show came in. Martinez is relatively well rounded despite his age and experience level with long arms which allow him to get in and out of range quickly. He’s not the fastest fighter in the world but makes up for that with expert timing on his shots and his combinations. His herky jerky style of movement will prove a problem for most orthodox fighters.

Quote:

“I’m not aiming to prove anything about myself, I’m aiming to prove something about Latinos all over. I’m a Mexican, proud of that, but I want to prove that we’re all great people who can fight and represent the pride you see that other countries have in ourselves. I want to be help people understand that Latin Americans are just like other Americans and even you Canadian people too! We love family, we love God, we fight hard and work to earn what we have. Maybe some people who aren’t as understanding will watch this show and be blown away by what we can prove with our talents. We’re united and we hope everyone will unite with us. Give us a chance to prove our talents and our heart.”

"I just hope the fans have a good time and enjoy what we bring to the table. We're going to have exciting fights, we want the fans to love us and we want everybody to think of us as stars. Thank you all for giving us a shot!"

Diego Valenzuela
5’5
6-9 MMA record (4 wins by TKO, 2 wins by submission/5 losses by TKO, 2 losses by submission, 2 losses by decision)

Mexico City’s Diego Valenzuela may not have the prettiest record on the show but to suggest he didn’t earn this opportunity would be a lie. Deemed as a tune up fight for a top prospect, Valenzuela snatched on a 3rd round rear naked choke in a tremendous comeback victory to earn his spot. Valenzuela has fought all over (from Jordan to Northern Ireland to California and all the way up, down and around), racking up wins and losses to this point. Valenzuela is admittedly a fighter with limited training and who has essentially been tasked with learning on the job. He’s even claimed to have gone into fights hoping to use moves he’s seen on youtube before. He’s showed heavy hands and unorthodox technique in just about everything he does, all of this backed by insane cardio and a fantastic understanding of space and distance.

Quote:

“I have nothing to prove to anybody but myself. I hope people underestimate me because my record is bad and realize I’m not going to just be fooled around on. I’m very skilled and just have had some bad luck to my name. I want people to forget who I am and assume I’m just a bad Mexican fighter. The truth is I’m a bad Mexican and I’m going to prove it when I knock people out.”

"Look at my record. Look at what I've come through. I believe in myself no matter what the outside is coming in. I believe in what I'm great at, I believe in my ability. I believe in what I am, I believe in how great I am. That to me is what fans should take from this; it doesn't matter what your outside factors say. Be a man to yourself."

Erick Moreno
6’1
5-3 MMA record (3 wins by TKO, 2 wins by submission/3 losses by TKO)

Ending the cast is Erick Moreno, a unique Chilean talent who brings a so-so record with an asterisk on the back end. Moreno teaches women’s self-defense courses in Chile and as a retired police officer, Moreno’s likely to become one of the more likable members on the show. Erick’s record is not pretty (5-3 MMA record) but he’s long blamed a part of that on a bad back injury which apparently prevented him from training to his fullest extent. Moreno has had the opportunity to partake in training overseas, going as far as Japan to round out his game. Moreno’s admittedly not the youngest athlete on the show but he’s a big guy who will cut to make 155 lbs, has a lot of strength and will likely be a headache for any opponent he faces.

Quote:

What Do You Want To Prove On Guerreros Latinos?

“Look it’s not me. It’s not I. it’s us and it’s we. WE are going to put on an amazing show where people will finally get to see the best of Latin America fight. Not everybody understands what I mean by that but Latinos, people from Mexico, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina and all of those places will feel pride when we go out there and dominate them. People will feel warm in their hearts because we know what we can do. We believe in that because God blessed us with skills that cannot be imagined or made up. We are special.”

"I'm going to go and open up the door for people. I promise, I'm going to open the door for you people. The next time, I want everything from you. I want every single moment from you fans to join me up here."
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
Episode One

Welcome Welcome One And All!

*Episode 1 begins with a collection of SPARTA executives discussing the various issues getting MMA off the ground in Latin America. The issues from Trevor Hildebrandt, Nadia Allegre and Alex Mesa range from a lack of understanding of a ground game to the fact that Latin American countries favor boxing over wrestling (outside of Mexico) to the expenses regarding MMA training and all the way around to the newness of the sport. Alex Mesa admittedly gave up on the idea of ever breaking into Latin America, especially when Ricardo Infante left town.

*Nadia Allegre was invited by Jorge Vera (with some implications of something more going on between them) to take in a show in Chile and she was appalled by what she felt were less than stellar health and safety conditions. At the same time, she was wowed and floored by how hard the talent fought and by how big the audience was. As such, she, Mesa and Trevor Hildebrandt all got together to create a show designed to get them into Latin America. Hildebrandt amassed the talent while she formulated the concept and Mesa worked overtime to try and find networks in Latin American countries to get them on TV.

*In the end after six months of chasing and hassling, they came up with sixteen fighters who will compete “in a brand new format. No tournament, no teams, just finding the best Latin America has to offer.” They also got television clearance in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Uruguay and Peru for starters which has Mesa happy because they want the visibility to be there and be stronger than strong.

*The fighters themselves all fly into San Antonio and we get the first glimpses of the talent involved in the show. The fighters make their way through the SPARTAN Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas and everybody talks about wanting to fight in here. Right off the bat, there’s four Mexican fighters and the Mexicans all seem to immediately band together as a team right off the bat. The other fighters seem generally timid and just trying to find their way around and two fighters actually get lost trying to navigate the building. “Imagine the embarrassment” says one guy, “two guys who don’t speak English wandering around the building looking suspicious.” They’re eventually all wrangled up to the cage area where Alex Mesa and Nadia Allegre are there to talk with them. Nadia has to do the translating for Alex Mesa who thanks them for being here for Guerreros Latinos. She first wants to introduce each fighter and when his name is called, she wants him to step to the front.

1. Beethtoven Salazar (Dominican Republic, 24, 7-1)
2. Calvo Santos (Argentina, 29, 9-5)
3. Cesar Delgado (Panama, 20, 4-1)
4. Daniel Arroyo (Chile, 28, 6-1)
5. Diego Arrango (Venezuela, 29, 11-4)
6. Diego Valenzuela (Mexico, 26, 6-9)
7. Elian Gomes (Ecuador, 25, 5-0)
8. Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala, 33, 5-3)
9. Erick Moreno (Chile, 35, 5-3)
10. Evan Martinez (Mexico, 26, 5-1)
11. Felipe Vela (Mexico, 34, 3-0)
12. Horacio Julice (Chile, 32, 4-2)
13. Jose Luis Marquez (Mexico, 28, 6-2)
14. Juan Devila (Ecuador, 25, 2-1)
15. Pedro Moycano (Honduras, 26, 3-1)
16. Sergio Nanum Cervantes (El Salvador, 28, 4-1)

Everybody gets introduced the same but one thing which jumps out is how the Mexican fighters react to hearing a Mexican fighter get called. One of them, Felipe Vela (Mexico) explains that Mexicans support one another and because they all know each other, they support one another. In an interesting bit, by the end of the announcements, Elian Gomes (Ecuador) is popping and cheering for everyone which he reveals in a confessional is his way of being AS supportive of everyone as the Mexican fighters are of one another.

*The rules are explained by Mesa, noting that this is NOT a tournament:

-Each fighter will get one fight on the show guaranteed; a standard three round MMA contest.

- The winner of each fight is then presented with two options; 1) begin his training right away with his new gym or stick it out for the rest of the show for additional personalized training. Also each fighter who wins will hang up their flag above the gym with the flag AND their personal message on the flag billboarded.

-On the final episode, four fighters who lost in the opening round will be presented with the opportunity to compete in one final fight on the show. The two winners will then be given the opportunity to compete on the finale show at the BRAND NEW Arena Globo, a new joint properly put together between SPARTA and a South American backer, in Santiago, Chile.

-Each winner earns $5,000 BUT anybody who finishes a fight on the show will earn double on their beginning base salary upon their first fight in the organization.

*Mesa and Allegre reveal that this week they’ll meet SOME of the guest hosts who will be around for each episode. Mesa says that next week they’ll be two fights but this week is about comfort and about the fighters getting to know one another and their coaches. The coaches are Diego Mendes from the Wild Tiger Fight Team, Javy Torres of Empire MMA and Alfredo Advincola of the Jesus Freak Camp. They’ve each brought a few people they value with them but the teams will work together with all sixteen fighters. Juan Davila (Ecuador) knows OF the Wild Tiger Fight Team and as such, he’s excited to see them there for the show. “I believe that if you’re good, he will put in the word and you wind up there.” Everybody else seems pretty much fine on the concept although Felipe Vela (Mexico) knows that the drama is going to be a lot lower without the teams. “We’ll have to find ways to entertain ourselves” says Vela with a wink.

*Mesa points to a table with flags on them, telling all of the fighters to head to that table and grab their flag and a pen. Once they’ve done that, she wants each fighter to sign their flag and write a message they want to tell the world. “It doesn’t have to be about anything specific, it’s YOUR message.” The fighters are grabbing their flags and pens and Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala) has a hard time writing his message because he can’t write. Horacio Julice (Chile) winds up writing Enrique’s message for him, as well as for another fighter. The fighters are told to keep the messages for themselves and adds that they need to keep it clean “as if your mom is going to see these.” The fighters bring the flags to Mesa and when Evan Martinez (Mexico) asks what she’s planning to do with them, Mesa tells him it’s a secret with a little wink thrown in. She tells the fighters to break up into groups of eight and head to the parking lot because they’re all going to take a ride somewhere special.

Eventually the vans are broken up like this:

Van A- Evan Martinez (Mexico), Felipe “Solo” Vela (Mexico), Jorge Luis Marques (Mexico), Diego Venezuela (Mexico), Daniel Arroyo (Chile), Diego “Stitch” Arrango (Venezuela), Calvo “Oscuro” Santos (Argentina) and Pedro Moycano (Honduras)

Van B- Juan Davila (Ecuador), Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala), Erick Moreno (Chile), Beethtoven Salazar (Dominican Republic), Cesar “El Cocinaro” Delgado (Panama), Sergio Nahum Cervantes (El Salvador), Horacio Julice (Chile), Elian Gomes (Ecuador)

*Van A basically turns into a party as the Mexican fighters are laughing and joking and being borderline obnoxious which has an infectious way of spreading with the rest of the team. Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico) wonders where the van is taking them and Diego Venezuela (Mexico) says that “to the border” to some laughs and a horrified look on the face of Pedro Moycano (Honduras). “They’re just gonna kick us all out while we’re moving. Not even going to stop the car” adds Marquez. The Mexican guys try to open up a bit with the other fighters and they get to know Arrango who was born in Venezuela before he moved to the USA with his family at 4 years old. Calvo Santos’ insane darkness is brought up and Santos admits that his nickname was “El Negro” but he looked it up in Google and saw the term is not beloved in the United States. “Yeah, I think Mr. Negro would be a bad thing” says Evan Martinez. Pedro Moycano asks about Felipe’s “Solo” nickname. He discusses how he battled testicular cancer and it cost him one of his testicles hence the name solo. Diego Arroyo (Chile) admits he wouldn’t want to fight Felipe Vela “because a man with one ball has already lost half of his will to live.” One of the guys wants to stop to pick up beers and kudos to Jorge Luis Marquez for making a “bad hombres” reference as to why they SHOULDN’T do that. Diego Arrango talks about racism in the United States and asks the guys if they’re worried about it. Moycano and Jorge Luis Marquez believe that racism is learned “and you can always learn to love.” For Solo, he pops the world (or at least me) by claiming that racists don’t pay tickets “so fuck those people.”

*Van B is a lot quieter as everybody just seems to be settling in and battling the nerves for the trip. Horacio Julice (Chile) in a confessional believes that everyone doesn’t want to be the first to make a mistake verbally and be the asshole of the group. Sergio Cervantes (El Salvador) admits that the process is “kind of overwhelming” for him and a lot of the fighters so everybody is just working to take this in. The first thing, the most GOAT thing, we get out of the bus is Erick Moreno (Chile) asking if Alex Mesa is single. “Did you come here for a date or did you come here to learn?” asks Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic) and Moreno says that he’s just asking “for my friends who might be interested.” Moreno says he’d “do her” and that draws a big face palm from Juan Davila (Ecuador and Elian Gomes (Ecuador). “You should pretend your mom is going to see this show” says Davila and Moreno says there’s NOTHING wrong with mentioning that you want to make love to a beautiful woman. Salazar establishes himself as a stick in the mud right away by claiming that this sort of attitude is why he hates other fighters. Salazar and Moreno are growing a bit in animosity as Salazar thinks Moreno was being disrespectful. BIG pop for Cesar Delgado (Panama) who merely says “She’s a lesbian” before going back to his book. Some of the guys asks how he knows and Delgado says he has a gift about this sort of thing. In a confessional, Delgado admits to being a big fan of pro wrestling and he saw “an episode where she admitted to being gay” but he doesn’t want to give that information away to the guys. He says that he’s sure PRW is bringing its people to guest host so any information he knows on them will stay with him. We get a kiinda fucked up increase in drama as Erick Moreno asks Beethoven Salazar “how a guy like you got into fighting and not baseball.” Salazar asks what that means and Moreno says most Dominicans play a lot of baseball so he’s surprised they know how to fight. Salazar asks if Moreno wants to see what he knows about fighting and thankfully Sergio Cervantes, Cesar Delgado and Horacio Julice work to calm things down.

*The two vans arrive at two different houses which are actually on opposite ends of a big gated complex. If you’ve ever seen a reality show before, you know that the whole “this is the house!” bit always happens and this one is no different. Bus A is in house A (which is a white house) and Bus B is in house B (which is a brown house). The fighters get to check it out and are told by Alex Mesa in House A and Nadia Allegre in House B that they’ll have a guest host visiting them shortly so they should just make themselves at home. Mesa warns them NOT to travel outside without permission from a producer or a director and also warns them not to abuse any privileges they may receive. “Don’t do anything stupid” says Nadia Allegre which prompts Elian Gomes (Ecuador) to joke that putting eight Latinos in a house this big with extra alcoholic was a mistake right away.

*The fighters in House A decide to check out the house and draw names out of a hat to determine who gets to go in what bedroom. Shock of shocks, Team Mexico winds up all in the same rooms while the other guys have to squabble it out. In a confessional, Felipe Vela admits they “kinda rigged the drawing of the hats” by memorizing who put what paper in and then just keeping a look out for it. Calvo Santos says he’s not offended by it but he’s beginning to realize that the four Mexican guys “are going to fuck with us non-stop.” The fighters discover a room that’s locked and they want to break into it but thankfully Felipe Vela talks them out of doing anything stupid. Daniel Arroyo speculates that maybe the room is where they keep the supplies for the house.

*House B already has a level of high tension so professional cook Cesar Delgado (Panama) wants to start cooking right away to keep the peace. As guys are scrambling towards rooms, we get a pretty interesting discussion between Horacio Julice and Erik Moreno (both from Chile). Moreno theorizes that there’s just one guy who can be the star for Chile so they’re going to be competitive from the jump to try and see who that man will be. Julice agrees with the idea, noting that while they can both be stars, there’s only one superstar. “You can have 1,000,000 stars in the sky all the same but the moon is the one you remember” says Julice. On the other hand, the two Ecuadorians in the house haven’t even really had a chance to sit down. When Juan Davila and Elian Gomes (Ecuador) get in a room together, they genuinely just have a “Hey how are you?” and then go about their business. Elian Gomes in a confessional says he doesn’t care where someone comes from and “just because you came from where I come from, it doesn’t mean we’re going to be buddy buddy.” Sergio Cervantes figures everyone is just tense right now and so it’s going to be tough for people to get to know one another.

*In House A, there’s a knock on the door and Jorge Luis Marquez goes to get it. It’s Valencia Del Rey and Marquez just lets her in without even checking to see who she is. Val gets to walk around the entire house until SOMEONE asks who she is, prompting Val to flex her ID to the folks. “I just saw a pretty lady and figured I shouldn’t ask questions” admits Jorge Luis Marquez with a shrug to Felipe Vela. Val has the fighters line up and she’s quite happy that there’s four Mexicans. Valencia gets to flex her Spanish a little bit, prompting a few of the fighters to applaud her grasp of the language. “Not bad for an American” says Felipe Vela with a shrug. Most of the fighters know who she is including Daniel Arroyo who met Val previously at an autograph signing with his little brother. Valencia tries to get to know something new about each of the fighters and it’s a lot of the same information we learned before give or take a bit. One thing which stands out is that she kind of relies on Jorge Luis Marquez to be an interpreter who fills in the blanks when Val can’t get a point across in Spanish. Most of the guys are respectful of Valencia with Diego Arrango and Calvo Santos both noting that Valencia Del Rey doesn’t have to be here. “She’s a star, we’re nobodies to her but she’s here to help us.”

*Valencia Del Rey asks the guys if they want to do something fun and when the whole crew is on board with it sight unseen. “Fun? With a beautiful lady?” asks Arrango with his eyebrows raised before he breaks into laughter. The fighters are ready and then Val leads them out to the backyard. Valencia reveals that for this house, she’s going to be tasked with picking the two fighters partaking in the opening fight next week. As such she wants to see who is fit before she makes a suggestion to the coaches, wanting the fighter who is most prepared to fight three hard rounds. Val puts them through a pretty intense open air workout. Given the jet lag and the hectic schedule of the day, guys are holding up pretty well all things considered given the amount of running and explosion based stuff Val has them doing. At the end of the workout, Val feels like Calvo Santos, Pedro Moycano, Jorge Luis Marquez and Felipe Vela are the ones best conditioned. She promises to pass that along to the coaches so they can maybe make their declaration after the first practice.

*In House B, the fighters are all lounging and being tense and awkward around one another. Juan Davila points out that none of the fighters really have no idea about the others so it’s a lot of “Oh how are you?” small talk between one another. Erick Moreno makes it clear that not every fighter is going to be nice to one another “so who gives a shit really about being nice right now?” Sergio Cervantes and Juan Davila are playing cards together and reminiscing about who they’re going to miss while they’re filming. Cervantes says he’s on weight and wants to fight early so he can just head home right away. Horacio Julice is swimming in the pool and getting his workout in as Julice gets confessional time to discuss his desire to always stay active. Julice was ran over by a car in his teens and doctors told him that he’d never walk again. He says he stares at the wheelchair in his room every day to remind him of what could’ve been for him. “As such, every day is a chance to work out and get better.” Beethoven Salazar and Enrique Arzamandia are trying to think up a way to break into the locked room in house B and Salazar suggests they have a fight and fall INTO the door together. “Equal blame” says Salazar and Arzamandia wants it open----but not open to the point where he can get yelled at for it. Funny bit where Salazar asks how people “got spoilers” before Google and technology, claiming that he needs to channel “old man logic” to figure out what’s behind the door.
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!

*There’s a knock at the door and EVERY fighter listed above just ignores it. Elian Gomes (Ecuador) is the only who notices it/cares and he makes a point to ask if the other fighters heard it. “It’s probably somebody selling bibles” says Sergio Cervantes and Gomes doesn’t want to block out the bible salesman. Gomes opens the door and it’s LA TORRE DORADO! In his defense, LTD is not a friendly looking man and so when Gomes sees a 7 foot tall dude wearing a mask, he panics and shuts the door! Gomes legit runs UP the hallway and shouts all kinds of words as the dudes are now on high alert. Gomes says it’s a big guy wearing a mask and Enrique Arzamandia wants to know if it’s “a hood or a mask because those are different.” Gomes says a mask and so half of the fighters (Arzamandia, Gomes, Cesar Delgado and Horacio Julice) head on over to see who the guy is. When the door opens up and LTD is standing there, Delgado marks out and says he’s all good. LTD is into the house now greeting folks and Gomes apologizes sheepishly for running away. “I got scared of you” says Gomes and LTD in Spanish says that he wore his prettiest mask for no reason then. LTD forgives Gomes but hopes that the next time, he won’t have a door slammed in his face.

*LTD says he’s going to be a guest host but today he stopped by to see what the guys were up to. LTD says he’s hungry and asks if they’ve eaten and two fighters say yes while the rest say they’ve been too stressed out to eat. As if on cue (LIKE A REALITY SHOW AM I RIGHT?!), Cesar Delgado says dinner is ready! It’s carne estufada with blended avocado on the side and LTD needs to know the credentials of whomever made it before he eats it. Cesar reveals he’s a cook in Panama and LTD says he looks like he’s too young to be a cook. “I’m 20” says Delgado and LTD sells that by taking a gasp. He asks how someone so young learned how to cook and Delgado reveals that his dad would go to jail frequently but his mom called it “camp” and so he learned to cook while his dad was at camp. LTD asks if THIS is camp for Delgado and Cesar laughs and says it’s fun so it might as well be camp.

*The fighters all eat together with LTD and Dorado, to his credit, comes off very nice and open. They talk about discrimination in the states with LTD telling the guys that he’s met some very nice people and some very mean people. He warns them all not to mix the good with the bad and the bad with the good. “Treat people fairly but understand the situation” says LTD as Erick Moreno in a confessional asks why LTD is talking like they;’re going to war. LTD is sympathetic to them as immigrants and tells them to make sure all of their paperwork is in a row “because we got an idiot who wants to get rid of you guys.” He also talks about how fighters need to protect themselves but bad agents as well PLUS always remember their worth as athletes.

*LTD brings up being the first wrestler from Kazakhstan and some of the fighters at the table will be the FIRST for SPARTA. He puts over the power that has for people and how it can excite fans and bring pride. He wants them to have that mentality when they approach fighting. Erick Moreno doesn’t view it that way but he lets LTD go oout of respect. For Sergio Cervantes of El Salvador, he says that El Salvador doesn’t love MMA. “Oh, but they’ll love you” says LTD happily before telling Sergio that he can be the match which lights 1,000 candles in El Salvador.

*Dinner is done and it’s a smash hit! LTD puts over Cesar Delgado “as the baby faced cook” and says he could do this for him every week as a joke. Enrique Arzamandia asks LTD if he can do something for him and Dorado says he’ll try to help. Arzamandia wants to know what’s behind the locked door in the house and he figures LTD knows. We get a split screen of Valencia Del Rey in House A approaching THEIR locked door and teasing that she has a surprise for them. Both Val and LTD are hamming it up and the fighters are ready to see what’s behind the door. Through the magic of editing LTD and Val unlock the doors at the same time and it’s…..

*A studio! La Torre Dorado explains that at the end of each episode, each fighter will walk into the studio, sit down and film the end of the episode from their eyes. THAT will be what airs in their home country, the final moments being what the fighter tells HIS audience. Also their first official order of business tonight per Val Del Rey in House A is to do a short video to their loved ones back home or somebody who means something to them. Valencia Del Rey tells them to make it a personal message, something they’ll feel the people at home will understand to be from their heart and soul.

*Given that that’s tonight’s goal, we get a short montage of the fighters all giving a few words to family members back home. Most of it is very cool to see in brief with Horacio Julice talking openly about how homesick he is already on the inside. Jorge Luis Marquez wants his wife to know that he misses her and thinks of her daily. Daniel Arroyo is perhaps a bit TOO honest as he says that all of his teammates are assholes and he hates them already and can’t wait to fight so he can go home to see his family. Pedro Moycano just wants his brother to know that everything is going to be okay for them “and when this is all done, I promise you we’ll have a brand new life to enjoy.” All in all , most of the fighters deliver pretty respectful messages that seem heartfelt and sincere.

*Before he leaves, La Torre Dorado has the fighters line up. He thanks them for the great meal and the fine service but must ask an important question. “Who wants to fight?” asks LTD and the fighters all look around. “Who is ready physically, who thinks they are ready to fight right now? If I had to call on you tomorrow, who can fight?” Five fighters step up; Sergio Cervantes, Cesar Delgado, Horacio Julice, Erick Moreno and Enrique Arzamandia. LTD looks them over and then asks about which of the five fighters could make weight in a week comfortably. Cervates, Julio and Delgado all step and LTD looks them over. He asks them to repeat their names for him and when they do, he puts it down in his phone. He promises to see them all tomorrow for practice and tells them to sleep well.

*The Next Day, both vans are brought to a gym that SPARTA has provided them. THERE they meet the heads of the gym Diego Mendes and Alfredo Advincola plus a collection of underlings who work for both guys. Both of the coaches have met with LTD and Valencia Del Rey and it’s no surprise that LTD and VDR put their fighters over. Some of the fighters are on the lookout for Val and LTD and some (namely Sergio Cervantes and Felipe Vela) are bummed that the hosts they were expecting to be there aren’t.

*The trainers claim that the first day is going to be about just checking their basic skills and seeing who is in shape and ready tog o and who isn’t in shape. The House A guys are mostly 100% ready to go and in warm physical condition given how Val ran them and worked them out the day before. On the other hand the House B guys are left to their own devices. The warm up confirms Val’s assessment of who is in shape and so right off the bat, Calvo Santos, Jorge Luis Marquez and Felipe Vela are jumped out to the front in their eyes for a potential fight.

*Valencia Del Rey shows up to watch the practice and provide some moral support for the fighters. Val does a good job of getting to know the fighters she HASN’T met with yet but earns a few comments from Diego Mendes about being supportive yet not interfering in the practice and the work outs.

*At the end of the first workout, Diego Mendes wants each fighter to demonstrate something he believes will be key for their progression; getting OFF their back. “You guys have to be honest, you need to be prepared to get taken down over and over.” He points out that takedowns are going to be there for more developed fighters so fighters need to learn how to get comfortable getting to their feet or challenging off their backs. “Don’t make a mistake but don’t get comfortable. The floor is always hot!” says Diego Mendes. The drill will involve Alfredo Advincola getting on top of them on the ground and the guys have to showcase how they’d aim to try and get to their feet. “I don’t expect everybody to win but I do expect effort and a plan!”

*Calvo Santos goes first and Santos does everything technical, moving step by step to get back to his feet. Advincola is able to match what he’s doing but Santos is making the right reads, forcing Alfredo to make corrections before he’s able to eventually stand up to his feet. Juan Davila is up next and Davila’s got some steps to his game, challenging with submissions. Davila plays with some submissions and Mendes is quick to point out that those submissions may work in a BJJ setting but in an MMA fight where Advincola can drop elbows, it’ll be a wasted idea. Daniel Arroyo looks like your traditional wrestler in that he seems completely incapable of getting off of his back from the bottom despite looking very good on top during drills. Arroyo eventually just tries to tie up Advincola on the ground which earns him some snickers from his teammates. Three straight fighters in a row Elian Gomes, Diego Valenzuela and Felipe Vela just try to explode off their back and Diego Mendes points out that the more people try to explode, the more tired you get. “You can’t just do that, you’ll tire yourself out” notes Mendes, pointing out that fighters who don’t have the technique to get up will just be tired blobs on the mat waiting to be submitted.

*Sergio Nahum Cervantes and Evan Martinez are both effort heavy “but not big on wrestling right now” per Mendes. He keeps noticing that Martinez turns in the wrong direction every time which leaves Mendes to believe he’s a serious newbie in need of plenty of time. Diego Arrango is able to get up to his feet pretty easily primarily on the basis of being a squirrely move heavy wrestler which actually gets him up but potentially put in the way of a guillotine choke. Erick Moreno is a bigger guy who hasn’t even begun to cut weight yet so he’s able to just muscle dudes around and stand up to his feet with Advincola grabbing onto his back. Horacio Julice gets called out for throwing live elbows off of his back which Alfredo Advincola doesn’t appreciate. The rest of the guys are either able to get to their feet or do JUST enough to avoid being called out. At the end of the drill, Mendes says that they have an idea after the work out on who may or may not be ready to fight right off the bat. While the fighters are gathered together, the coaching staff meet with LTD and Valencia Del Rey to discuss things. The PRW guest hosts just briefly discuss the fighters they love for the first fights.

*The coaches come out with LTD and Valencia Del Rey out there together. Diego Mendes says that he wants the guest hosts to step up and announce the two fighters from each house who are fighting. In a confessional, Jorge Luis Martinez says he was looking the entire time at Val to try and coax her “with the power of the mind” to put him in the spot to fight. Juan Davila admits that it was like sitting waiting for the judges to make a ruling on you. “Your life is now in their hands.”

*House A is up first and the look on the eyes of some of their fighters says it all. Felipe Vela mouths “Me?” over and over at Valencia who Is building the moment up for tension purposes. Valencia Del Rey asks for Calvo Santos and Jorge Luis Marquez to step up. Both guys exhale as Valencia Del Rey and the gym applauds for them, the Mexican fighters getting a big “Mexico!” chant going up. Valencia hands Marquez his flag and Marquez wraps it around his shoulders while Calvo Santos smiles and waves politely. “Finally! It’s like God chose me for this!” says Santos in a confessional. Calvo wants his flag and kudos to Val for chasing it down to grab it. “Argentina!” says Jorge Luis Marquez as the two guys share a big hug.

*House B up now! La Torre Dorado starts by giving a speech about how the fighters earned their way here. He hopes they can just go to the next level and keep improving. LTD says he believes in the ability of the fighters and he knows they’re all going to do big things in the future. Valencia Del Rey tells LTD to just announce the fighters and that brings out an “Oooohhh” from some of the fighters who are trying to stir things up a bit. In the end, LTD asks for Horacio Julice and Sergio Nahum Cervantes to step up. “LET’S GO EL SALVADOR!” shouts a few of the fighters as Sergio Nahum Cervantes steps up and he’s jumping up and down. Horacio Julice looks pretty relaxed as he steps up and in a confessional, Julice says every single second is being spent on how he’s going to make weight in his head, noting he’s about 15 lbs off with about 10 days to go. The Chilean fighter asks for his flag and it’s tossed to him, Julice talking INTO his flag before he throws it on his shoulders.

*We’ve got our four fighters for the first set of fights! The House B guys and the House A guys are trying to figure out who to square off with because everyone assumes it’s house vs house. Instead though, the coaches reveal the houses will fight among themselves for the first two fights! As such, opponents will live together in the days leading up to their fight! It’ll be:

Calvo Santos (Argentina) vs Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)
Sergio Nahum Cervantes (El Salvador) vs Horacio Julice (Chile)
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
(Getting a little jump here ;) )

Guerreros Y Titanes

Episode Two: Drama And Banter....Oh And Two Fights!

*We get a big long recap of episode one and it’s got all the good bits and doodads. Sparing you all the time of that, I’ll just list who is in what house since that seems to be the key factoid to remember:

House A- Evan Martinez (Mexico), Felipe “Solo” Vela (Mexico), Jorge Luis Marques (Mexico), Diego Venezuela (Mexico), Daniel Arroyo (Chile), Diego “Stitch” Arrango (Venezuela), Calvo “Oscuro” Santos (Argentina) and Pedro Moycano (Honduras)

House B- Juan Davila (Ecuador), Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala), Erick Moreno (Chile), Beethtoven Salazar (Dominican Republic), Cesar “El Cocinaro” Delgado (Panama), Sergio Nahum Cervantes (El Salvador), Horacio Julice (Chile), Elian Gomes (Ecuador)

*Also don't forget we have TWO fights this week! Chile's Horacio Julice takes on El Salvador's Sergio Nahum Cervantes AND Mexico's Jorge Luis Marquez gets to face the fighting price of Arengtina in Calvo "Oscuo" Santos!

*We pick up mid week with training sessions. The coaches continue to stress grappling and the importance of being able to get up to your feet when you get taken down. The one fighter who they’re impressed with is Erick Moreno who they feel like has shown improvement each passing day. “You can see growth there” says Alfredo Advincola, discussing how good he is. The guys have to go through a kicking demonstration and the hope is to shake out some of the bad habits as it pertains to footwork on kicks. Horacio Julice (Chile) and Elian Gomes (Ecuador) are both put over for their ability to kick whereas Calvo Santos (Argentina) and Juan Davila (Ecuador) are told in so many words that their kicks need some serious work before they’re even usable in a fight.

*One thing which keeps coming up is that the Mexican guys all train together (Martinez, Vela and Marquez are gym buddies while Diego Valenzuela has pinch hit at their gym a time or to) and so they’re from a comfortable gym setting. Some of the other fighters though are essentially self trained and so Sergio Nahum Cervantes, Juan Davila and Enrique Arzamandia are run through how to maintain a gym and proper ways to clean equipment since all three express an interest in having their own gyms one day in their home country.

*At House A, the announcement of the fights has Team Mexico all revved up! Evan Martinez (Mexico), Felipe “Solo” Vela (Mexico), Jorge Luis Marques (Mexico) and Diego Venezuela (Mexico) are all big on the idea of team….and so they’re all going to just ignore Calvo Santos. On the other hand, the Argentinian fighter just wants to get focused right away on preparing “a mini camp” for this fight. Santos wants to do some sparring at the house every day and he winds up pal-ing up with Diego Arrango who is becoming a team helper so to speak for the non-Mexican fighters. It’s beginning to feel like two camps are training opposite one another in the same house. Pedro Moycano out of Honduras jokes about the pressure in the house and tries to diffuse it with a soccer game in the backyard. For Calvo Santos, he’s just not in love with the idea of being around his future opponent so he sort of just hangs out at the house. While it gives him peace of mind, it does open the door for people to just assume he’s anti-social.

*House B guys are upset because they’re concerned that the fight will crash the good vibes they’re building together. Enrique Arzamandia wants everybody to behave and be nice no matter who they have to fight. Arzamandia talks in a confessional about wanting to keep up a good group mentality and wants to keep the team focused on their importance of Latin American fighters representing Latin America. For Erick Moreno, he concurs with that idea but as soon as Arzamandia leaves, he complains about how Enrique is trying to be “some kind of a fucking team mom or something.” The guys at the very least agree to continue to train hard and support one another with Juan Davila (Ecuador) telling everybody that they need to represent their countries well by not being dicks. He plays a song he’s thought up in his head called “Don’t Be A Dick, Brothers” and it’s such an off the wall collection of bullshit that at least two different people threaten to take his guitar and break it in half.

*Back at House A, Pedro Moycano (Honduras) and Evan Martinez (Mexico) are sitting together and discussing their lives over beers. Moycano talks openly about being in gangs and gang violence, noting that he’s seen people he loved dead. He talks about a friend of his being chopped up (!) and his parts were left in a field and Martinez can relate to losing friends and family due to the drug trade in Mexico. Moycano reveals a tattoo on his rib cage which are a bunch of diamonds; a diamond for each person he loved who has died indirectly because of his life. He points out that after a win, he has the diamond colored in because he feels like that avenges them. Martinez in a confessional says that Moycano seems like a good guy who is “a victim of life and society.” Moycano admits he doesn’t like to really open up much but he feels like the Mexican guys are sort of adopting him. “It’s nice to feel wanted” admits Pedro in a confessional, the dude staying up late after everyone has gone asleep to clean the house.

*Training time! The guys show up at the gym and our special guest host for this episode is Jorge Vera! The Chilean guys go nuts for Vera as he walks into the gym ready to get to work! With highlights of Vera to lead him in, the Chilean starts by welcoming the guys to Guerreros Latinos. After a brief introductory promo and then a speech about how important the show is, Vera says he’s here to lend his “celebrity” to the show, joking that he can’t teach them anything about fighting. What he CAN teach the guys are some flexibility exercises designed to keep them limber. He asks if the guys are willing to do some exercises and stretch out and everybody agrees although in a confessional, Cesar Delgado admits off the jump that he doesn’t give a shit about stretching and he just wants to go out there and fight. The guys go through some workouts with Vera with a lot of cool intense looking stretches that are designed to put the guys through a workout. We get a GOAT moment with Juan Davila asking Felipe “Solo” Vera if having one less ball makes him impervious to the pain that’s coming with the stretches. “I feel like MY balls are going to break!” says Davila as the whole team laughs at him.

*Vera talks about how he’s been hit very hard in the ring and the first time he got hit really hard, he was genuinely knocked out. In order to protect himself, Vera learned all kinds of neck muscle strengthening techniques which can help protect your chin in a roundabout way. Vera leads the drill on working on your neck strength and the guys admit that 99% of these drills are stuff they haven’t even heard about before. “You know you just train to fight, you don’t think about stuff like this” says Diego Venezuela and “Go Go Diego” (as Vera calls him) goes as far as to admit in a confessional that he’s never really even done an intensive workout before. “I show up, I spar, I train my skills and go home. All this other stuff seemed stupid to me.”

*When the workout ends, the guys get to spar and Diego Mendes makes it clear that he doesn’t want a single punch completed upstairs. “Nothing up top!” says Diego Mendes and Alfredo Advincola goes as far as to emphasize that anybody who gets caught punching or kicking to the face will sit out the rest of the practice. The coaches are REALLY impressed with how quick Horacio Julice is. They like how he flows and watching him and Pedro Moycano go at it in training makes them all kinds of giddy and excited. Evan Martinez on the other hand is struggling to keep up the pace with an intense practice and that has Diego Mendes worried. Martinez came onto the show heavy but he’s also been doing a lot of late sleeping because he’s not comfortable in the house. He does admit he’s trying to push through it but the effort level is putting him behind the eight ball.

*Jorge Luis Marquez and Juan Davila are sparring together and it’s getting REALLY intense. In a confessional, Marquez points out that he’s a guy who trains every single day hard AND he’s got a fight coming up so he’s in the mood to stay sharp. Davila is trying to be nice but he’s growing frustrated with the steam from Marquez’s leg kicks and in a moment of frustration, he sort of pie faces Marquez! Marquez doesn’t take kindly to that and shoots on him but he can’t get him down and THANKFULLY Alfredo Advincola picks up on it and separates them! The team all congregates (except for Erick Moreno who lays back and just laughs at the whole mess) and Diego Mendes warns EVERYBODY to tone it down. Marquez complains about getting punched in the face and Davila angrily replies that if he was punched in the face, he’d STILL be on the ground “looking up at the lights like a bitch.” Advincola and Mendes are trying to be peacekeepers and Marquez and Davila are separated and forced to spar elsewhere.

*The problem unfortunately is that while the guys are sparring with other people, they’re also very actively jawing with one another from across the room. At one point, Marquez STOPS sparring with Beethoven Salazar and is openly shouting at Davila while poor Bethtoven gives him a little leg kick to try and remind him of what he’s SUPPOSED to be doing. Marquez and Davila are still jawing at one another and so an angry Mendes says they can apologize to one another or get out of the gym. Marquez lets out of THE weakest apologies ever but rather than apologize, Davila pulls himself out of practice and just sits in the locker room. Jorge Vera approaches the guy and tells him to calm down and just relax. Vera tells the story about how he sees so much potential in Davila that he begged the producers to let him stay on the show because he likes him so much-----a story Vera admits in a confessional that he made up just to show Davila the gravity of the situation and what he could lose.

*After the practice, House A are upset because during the fight, all of the Mexican guys went there to fight alongside Marquez while some of the other guys were trying to break it up. Jorge Calvo’s resistance towards fighting is brought up and Calvo just points out that he wanted to keep people from getting kicked off the show. Daniel Arroyo seconds that and Pedro Moycano just wants to know what he would’ve gained by beating up somebody for no money. “If I wanted to do that, I could’ve stayed home” says Moycano and in a confessional, Diego Valenzuela points out that while everybody on this show “probably knows somebody who killed a guy, we all figure Moycano HAS killed a guy.” Moycano tells the team to gather together and pray for one another, believing that prayer will set them straight. The team prays together and when it’s over, Daniel Arroyo admits he’s doesn’t believe in God. “So does that cancel out everyone else?” he asks and he legitimately gets pelted with pillows by the team in a more light-hearted moment.

*Juan Davila is back in the House B area and he is STILL pissed off about what happened in the gym. He gives his side of the story and everybody seems to at least sympathize with him----except for Erick Moreno. Moreno notes that the rules ARE the rules and if Davila is afraid of hard sparring to the body then he shouldn’t be training. Moreno says it’s about personal responsibility and if this show gets cancelled and they all lose their chance because of him then he’ll have to deal with all of them. Davila and Moreno are shouting at one another and Moreno tells Davila “to go sing another song like a little bitch” which does LITTLE to appease the squad. It looks like shit is going to break down in the house but Enrique Arzamandia is able to work alongside Beethoven and Elian Gomes to calm folks down. In an effort to try and keep the peace, Cesar Delgado, the youngest fighter on the house and a professional chef, stays up all night baking treats to try and keep the team happy when they wake up. Of course it sort of backfires on him because they’re late to training the next day since he overslept and that puts him in the doghouse.

Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
*Juan Davila is back in the House B area and he is STILL pissed off about what happened in the gym. He gives his side of the story and everybody seems to at least sympathize with him----except for Erick Moreno. Moreno notes that the rules ARE the rules and if Davila is afraid of hard sparring to the body then he shouldn’t be training. Moreno says it’s about personal responsibility and if this show gets cancelled and they all lose their chance because of him then he’ll have to deal with all of them. Davila and Moreno are shouting at one another and Moreno tells Davila “to go sing another song like a little bitch” which does LITTLE to appease the squad. It looks like shit is going to break down in the house but Enrique Arzamandia is able to work alongside Beethoven and Elian Gomes to calm folks down. In an effort to try and keep the peace, Cesar Delgado, the youngest fighter on the house and a professional chef, stays up all night baking treats to try and keep the team happy when they wake up. Of course it sort of backfires on him because they’re late to training the next day since he overslept and that puts him in the doghouse.

*The first fight is getting closer and so the episode continues with a profile piece of Jorge Luis Marquez. Marquez says his journey to MMA was really simple; he sucked at boxing and wanted to keep fighting so he found a form of fighting that allowed him to do things besides box. “Now I want to point this out” says Marquez with a laugh, “I sucked at boxing compared to GREAT boxers! I can box anybody---but not THOSE guys.” Marquez discusses his love of MMA but also his love of his teammates at Azteca MMA. Diego Mendes and Alfredo Advincola offer differing takes on the guy as we watch him spar, Mendes claiming that Marquez is a professional fighter who has all kinds of upside if he can learn to work on the ground. He says every day Marquez works hard and that’s impressed him. For Advincola, he believes that Marquez will never be a GOOD ground fighter but his kicks are so quick and his hands are so flashy that he can always overcome that. Both guys think he’s in for a tough fight and Advincola hopes that IF Marquez wins, he stays in the house to work on his skills.

*We get to watch Calvo Santos train and now it’s a profile piece for Calvo! Calvo looks happy as he confessionals about himself a little. Santos is coming into this fight on a losing streak but he blames that on a bad divorce. He says he’s focused now “and there’s no woman in my way making my life miserable. I can focus on me.” Santos admits that a lot of fighters would take one look at him and run away from sparring so he’s still a newbie in MMA. Santos doesn’t think everybody want to spar with him on his OWN team so he’s concerned that he won’t be sharp going into his first fight. “Argentina has the best fighters in Latin America and I want to showcase what we have to offer. We have the best talent, the best fighters, the prettiest women. I could go on and on!” Alfredo Advincola thinks Calvo Santos is a sleeper because he’s well rounded and he doesn’t see much in him that would suggest he can’t beat everyone here. “And I believe he came here in the best shape possible!” says Advincola.

*After enough tough practice, Jorge Vera asks the guys after a tough practice if they want a reward, something he brought for them. The guys are at least interested and so Vera asks them to follow him. The fighters go down a hallway and in a room there’s sixteen computers! Jorge explains that as a reward for some awesome training, he got them computers to use! All sixteen guys will get one hour to fuck around on a laptop or whatever, their only restriction being that they can’t tweet anything about the show. Vera tells them that once they’re done, they can meet him outside for ANOTHER activity for fun. “Something special I think we’d really like to do” says Vera with a wink. Diego Valenzuela thinks computers are for nerds whereas Elian Gomes jokes about becoming “a keyboard warrior now” instead of a real fighter. “It might pay better than fighting” adds Gomes and that joke gets a few less giggles from the squad.

*The computer time stuff is basically just a montage of guys doing random stuff but it does allow a slight peek beyond the veil of their personalities. Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic) goes to google to look up English translations for Spanish words and then he goes to youtube to hear that word said back to him so he can learn them. Elian Gomes is ALREADY making a damn fool of himself, looking up twerking videos BUT like a pro, he mutes the sound and has an open tab of bible verses as a cover up. Pedro Moycano doesn’t know how to use a computer and so Jorge Luis Marquez sits with him to sort of teach him some of the basics. ”Solo” Vera sends an email to his wife and decides to play some dominoes! A concerned Diego Arrango is looking up the news in Venezuela and back home while a truly lulzworthy Enrique Arzamandia points out that it’s like SPARTA wanted a science experiment. “They gave us technology like monkeys and said “Let’s see what happens. I wonder which one looks up pornography first!”” Enrique Arzamandia is talking to Gomes about the importance of social media and Gomes just is nodding at him the whole time, tilting his screen to hide what he’s REALLY doing.

*The fighters head outside and we get a GOAT spot of buffoonery as Gemma Traumaward is walking around outside minding her own business and Horacio Julice thinks she’s some lost person or something. He approaches her and asks if she’s lost and Gemma is all types of confused by him. Horacio asks her to wait one second and drags English speaking Diego Arrango over to translate. In a confessional, Gemma Traumaward gives a basic introduction of herself complete with a “You guys know who I am” and a sigh. Gemma’s there because her gym is involved in the fight and Arrongo is translating for Julice who just wants to help Gemma out. “You look lost to him and he wanted to see if he could help” says Arrango for Julice and Gemma legitimately laughs and says she’s here to see the fighters. Julice asks if she likes MMA and THANKFULLY wrestling fan Cesar Delgado is over to mark out for Gemma and mention the Wild Tigers.

*Jorge Vera’s second assignment is less of a challenge and more of an opportunity to do something good. The fighters are all tasked with heading out in the vans to head out to work for a local soup kitchen in San Antonio! For the fighters like Horacio Julice, Cesar Delgado and Enrique Arzamandia, this is a great opportunity for them to do something nice. Even Martinez discusses growing up poor and relying on the kindness of others so this entire task is very familiar to him, admitting that it almost makes him feel bad for not being able to do more. Diego Arrango often wonders how such a big country like the United States with so much money can allow its people to go hungry and goes on a big rant about capitalism. Not sure what he’s hoping to accomplish there. We then get a perhaps TOO honest moment from Sergio Nahum Cervantes who admits that he’s doing this because he’s happy to help but also because this is very good publicity for him. “I’m out here trying to help----but people are going to know my name more and that’s very important.” The whole thing ends with a big group photo in front of the place except for Pedro Moycano who believes that publicizing a good deed almost defeats the purpose of it.

*WEIGH IN TIME! Up first we have House A where Jorge Luis Marquez and Calvo Santos are to weigh in first! The gym is ready for this one and we’ve got a legit split house feeling as “Mexico!” chants ring out when Marquez steps up on the scales! Marquez doesn’t look drained out but he also seems nervous at what the scales are going to read. He’s gotta make 155 lbs----and he’s on the mark! 155 for Marquez! He blows a kiss out to the team and hops off the scale, grabbing onto his Mexican flag and wrapping it around his shoulders. Calvo Santos is up next and Calvo climbs onto the scale with the flag of Argentina as a headband. Some of House A applaud him while Santos steps up on the scale looking pretty tight. 155 LBS! Santos is on weight! Santos hops off the scales and heads right into the face of Jorge Luis Marquez who seems pretty taken aback by that. He doesn’t quite give ground but it takes him a second to realize a staredown is ongoing and he stiffens up to the meanmug. Everybody likes that staredown and that draws a lot of “Oooohhs” from everybody!

*House B is up next! Horacio Julice is up next and when Julice takes his shirt off, everybody begins to shout “Chubby!” at him. It’s obvious that Julice is not quite made for this weight class and so he’s carrying a bit of excess weight on him. After the laughs and the chuckling die down, Julice hops up on the scale and he comfortably makes weight at 152 lbs. Julice salutes the fighters and staff there and then quickly runs down to get his shirt on so he’s not anymore embarrassed. The tall Sergio Nahum Cervantes is on the scale next and the body type construction is just too good for words. Cervantes is a tall, lean dude with a very good build and when he flexes, Julice OFF the scale actually shouts “STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD!” to a big pop. Sergio weights in at 156 lbs and we’re good for this fight! The staredown is relatively light hearted but things get real when Gemma Traumaward gets up to get a better look at both fighters while they’re eyeing up. The winner of House B is getting a WTFT gig and it sort of dawns on them that for one of them, their dream will continue through Gemma Traumaward. They turn, shake hands with Gemma and then head off with their team!

*It’s the night before the fights and all is calm at House A when there’s a knock on the door. Jorge Luis Marquez is eating and rehydrating so he has Diego Valenzuela get the door instead. When Diego gets the door, it’s Alex LeBlanc with a big duffel bag! Diego looks at Alex LeBlanc, gives him a look, asks if he needs help and Alex says he’s here to see the fighters. “You with the commission?” asks Diego in broken English and Alex, in spanish, says he’s with SPARTA. Diego just lets him in and when some of the other guys recognize Alex LeBlanc, it’s a big party scene! Alex says he brought the guys some gifts, which is namely stuff his gym uses to help athletes recover after training. LeBlanc is even smart enough to teach them on the importance of how to hold the canisters up to get the logos pointing upright.

*The winning fighter from the House A will be joining up to the LeBlanc Fight Club! As such Alex LeBlanc gets to meet up with Jorge Luis Marquez and Calvo Santos. Santos doesn’t want to talk to LeBlanc because he’s focusing on his fight and goes into “the zero distractions mode.” As such, Alex gets plenty of time to get to know Jorge Luis Marquez. The two seem to hit it off and Alex admits that he’s looking to expand into Latin America more and more so he wants a guy like Marquez who can speak both languages. “Win the fight first though” says Alex and Jorge Luis Marquez blows out his cheeks and says winning the fight is always the easiest part. “Don’t worry, I’ve got this!”

*Fight Day! Won’t belabor the usual “fighters roll into the venue” etc etc etc stuff so let’s just get to the fights!

Jorge Luis Marquez (6-2, Mexico) vs Calvo Santos (9-5, Argentina)

Fight RECAP

Both fighters came out and right off the bat we’ve got “Mexico!” chants to start the first round. Jorge Luis Marquez is finding his range early from a distance with long kicks to the hip and body of Calvo Santos. Santos tries to initiate a brawl but Marquez avoids it and gets out of harms way. Santos wants a brawl but again he’s just running into a lot of long lanky leg kicks. Santos is growing frustrated by the passing second as Marquez pops him with body kicks and leg kicks, occasionally mixing it up with his hands as well. The gym is popping with each kick from Marquez and then a four punch combination from Marquez comes! The last one lands hard and Santos is bleeding from the nose now. The first round continues with this awkward herky jerky pacing, Marquez landing from a distance with Santos occasionally landing in a brawl. Santos lands a nice stiff jab and eats a leg kick in return for his troubles. Santos wants to get a takedown but a nice sprawl from Marquez stops it! Of course like most young fighters, he just sprawls and doesn’t chain it together so Santos is able to put him on the fence for a minute or two. Both fighters separate and the coaches are shouting for activity! Marquez throws a switch kick THAT LANDS FLUSH AND KNOCKS DOWN SANTOS! SANTOS IS TRYING TO RECOVER BUT MARQUEZ IS ALL OVER HIM AND TWO KILLER GROUND AND POUND SHOTS STIFFEN SANTOS UP COMPLETELY! MEXICO WINS!

Jorge Luis Marquez KOs Calvo Santos in 4 minutes and 21 seconds via switch kick

Jorge Luis Marquez advances into SPARTA and joins the LeBlanc Fight Club!

*”WOOOOOOW!” shouts Alex from his seat on the bleachers as Marquez just ran right through Calvo Santos! Mexican fighters from House A are jumping up and down while Marquez breaks out a cartwheel for good measure after his win! Santos seems to have put out for a second as he’s trying to sit up as the doctors enter the cage! “MEXICO!” chants from the gym as Jorge Luis Marquez is shouting for someone to give him his flag. He’s got the Mexican flag he wants and he sits on top of the cage with the flag over his shoulders! “You got yourself something” is Gemma’s word to Alex who admits that that was a great fight people should be proud of. With all of the fighters there, there are some dirty looks from the other guys towards the Mexican fighters who are legitimately partying (squirting water everywhere) while Santos is all kinds of fucked up. “That could be you guys next!” shouts Diego Arrango to the Mexican fighters who are way too happy to even be bothered. It looks like Juan Davila wants to go over there and confront the guys but he’s saved by Pedro Moycano who tells him to merely pass on that. Santos is up to his feet and Marquez is over to give him a big hug and give him a nice pep talk. He holds his arm up to the fighters and gives him a big hug again.

*We get post match banter as Jorge Luis Marquez has advanced to the next level! Marquez in the locker room gets to talk briefly and Jorge talks about how he’s the first of four Mexican fighters to advance so he’s happy to have represented Mexico. Marquez says he wasn’t ever worried in there because he realized he was too fast and too good for Calvo so it was just about picking the right shot. “Guy is tough, man! He hits hard but you need to hit me more than once to hurt me!” Alex LeBlanc heads to the back and gives Marquez a big hug and tells him he’s going to enjoy Detroit. Marquez and LeBlanc have some small talk before Alex heads over to Calvo Santos in the other locker room. Santos is distraught but also surprisingly calm about his loss, admitting that he just didn’t get going. “I deserved to get knocked out” says Santos with a big headshake and Alex LeBlanc tells him that every fighter eventually faces defeat and so he needs to just keep his head up and keep improving. Santos wishes he had gotten started a little quicker and Alex says the fact he’s already viewing it from an analytical point of view really tells the story of how tough he is mentally.

ONE MORE FIGHT TO GO!

Horacio Julice (4-2, Chile) vs Sergio Nahum Cervantes (4-1, El Salvador)

Fight Recap

The first round is a very technical round to start with as both fighters seem to be a little tense which isn’t too surprising given what’s at stake. Horacio Julice and Sergio are trying to get a feel for what the other party is going to do and the pace is more technical and slow. Sergio Nahum Cervantes a few quick jabs and then shooting in on a takedown which he gets! Cervantes does not have much of a submission game seemingly and so he spends the majority of that top control time just trying to hold Julice down. Horacio is trying to get back up to his feet and uses the cage to stand up and try to fight him off. They get separated and now it’s Julice trying to force the issue after getting taken down. Horacio Julice is pushing the tempo and there’s a brief flurry as it breaks down into a bit of a slugfest! Julice drops Sergio Nahum Cervantes with a quick counter left hand! Cervantes is up and looks fine but Julice is on the attack again! They flurry and it’s Segio who gets in again for another takedown! Cervantes drags Julice down! Julice is trying to figure out how to get up to his feet again but this time it looks like Cervantes has learned the importance of keeping somebody down and is using short tight elbows to force the issue. The round ends with Sergio Nahum Cervantes roughing up Horacio Julice up from the top with big elbows and ground and pound!

The corner advice going into round two is easy enough to figure out for each fighter. Sergio Nahum Cervantes is told to continue to take the fight to the ground because Julice cannot wrestle “at all” per Alfredo Advincola. On the other hand for Horacio Julice, they want the fight upright and Diego Mendes is pleading with Julice to not throw any kicks. The round begins and both fighters come out and Horacio Julice has a bit more urgency in his game, firing in some combinations as he’s pressuring Sergio Nahum Cervantes. Cervantes tries a bull rush to get inside but Julice is able to turn him and get free before he gets taken down. Unfortunately for Julice, he makes the mistake of throwing a leg kick which is caught AND I guess you know what happens from there. Julice is put on his back by Cervantes and now two novice grapplers are trying to figure out their way on the ground. In an interesting bit of business, Horacio Julice goes for a kimura! Julice is trying to crank on the arm from the bottom and he actually succeeds in getting it! Or he succeeds in getting it long enough to force a scramble where Julice winds up on top! Julice is trying to pour on ground and pound but he really is sloppy with it and so Cervantes flips the pile over---only to get armbarred! Julice cranks on it and Cervantes doesn’t tap out, instead having his arm broken!

Horacio Julice submits Sergio Nahum Cervantes in 2 minutes and 58 seconds of the second round!

Horacio Julice moves into SPARTA and the Wild Tiger Fight Team!

*The response of everyone in the gym is to the sound of an arm breaking and everybody nearly falls out of their seat in shock! Julice lets go of the arm and his IMMEDIATE protest is that he didn’t actively try to break the arm of Sergio Nahum Cervantes! Gemma Traumaward is absolutely aghast not at Sergio or Horacio but at the ref who should’ve saved Sergio. “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! IT WAS OVER!” is Gemma’s protests to the referee who is obviously more concerned with Sergio’s now broken arm. Horacio Julice is in tears for his hurt housemate and Sergio’s almost in shock because he doesn’t have that immediate “Oh shit my arm is fucked reaction” until the doctors come in to try and help him out. They help Sergio to the back away from the cameras so they can tend to him out of the public eye. We then get a GOAT Gemma Traumaward moment as in a confessional, Gemma merely says that anytime somebody gets hurt like that it’s a bad thing “but you gotta admit, that was fucking cool.” Gemma even gives Horacio Julice a cheeky little look as she congratulates him, whispering a “Nicely done” before she pats him on the shoulder and heads off.

*Since House B are relatively close-ish, a lot of the fighters seem torn up about the injury to Sergio Nahum Cervantes. There are tears flowing by the likes of Beethoven Salazar and Cesar Delgado who are sad that Sergio’s arm snapped. The way Delgado describes it, he says you could “literally see the bone breaking” which might just be hyperbole. Horacio Julice is crying as well and he makes it a clear point that he would’ve preferred to win 100% other ways than that one. Erick Moreno on the other hand has no such qualms about the injury, shrugging his shoulders and claiming that injuries happen in sports. “Is he going to cry if I get broken? No! He’s going to say one less guy! I’ll just say one less guy!” For House A, there are some people who are bothered Evan Martinez, Pedro Moycano and Felipe Vela are all grossed out/upset about it but Jorge Luis Marquez tells them all that Sergio probably doesn’t want them crying about him. “It’s like when somebody dies in the war, they want you to move on with life” says Jorge with a shrug.

*The fights are finished and now Guest Host Jorge Vera has the entire team of 15 (since Sergio is off somewhere) gathered around. Vera gives a speech about how great the fights were and how the two winners should be proud. “And to the two men who faltered, because I do not believe anyone here is a loser, you gave a tremendous effort. Good fights!” says Vera as he leads the group in applause. Jorge explains that the two wining fights,Jorge Luis Marquez of Mexico and Horacio Julice of Chile, have the options to either training with their team or heading out to join their new squads. For Marquez, it means going with Alex LeBlanc to Detroit and for Julice, it means going to San Diego with Gemma Traumward. They’ll have the night to make that choice and when they’ve decided, they’re to contact the production guy in their house with the key to the recording room to record their send off for the episode. “What if we change our mind after?” asks Jorge Luis Marquez to be a shit head and Vera states very clearly that the production team will probably mutiny. “So don’t do that” says Vera as Marquez, in a confessional, says if this is his last day here, he wants to spend it having fun.

*The fighters are heading back home at night and their vans stop randomly. In the House A Van, Evan Martinez suggests they’re throwing them out at the border to cancel the show which is a joke from episode one that I’m hoping we get every episode. The fighters are told to pour out and in Van B, a very concerned Juan Davila says he’s not getting out until he gets a sign he’s n ot about to get “shot up on the side of a hill.” When Erick Moreno tells him it’s all good, Davila leaves and OMG @ two fighters standing on the side of the car going “BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG” and Davila immediately shouting and jumping BACK into the van. They drag him out and we see that BOTH teams are standing on a hill with a big billboard in front of them.

*Jorge Vera asks if they’re ready to see what this is all about and he tells them to wait a few seconds. The billboard eventually switches to the next panel and the first one is of Jorge Luis Marquez with his flag quote on it! The Mexican fighters all pop for Marquez on the billboard and Jorge’s almost stunned that they actually went through with the billboard quote. On Marquez’s billboard, the quote reads “I am just a man like everyone else, if I can accomplish this then you can to! Long live Mexico!” and that brings up another “Mexico!” chant from the fighters from said country. Marquez admits in a confessional that he forgot about the flag and the quote and seeing it almost made him cry. According to Vera, that billboard shot is included in a newspaper in Mexico and Marquez says that’s amazing. “First time I eve rmade the paper for something good!” says Marquez and that elicits a little pop from his teammates.

*The billboard moves over to Horacio Julice’s quote next and Julice looks at the flag and the billboard and he can’t help but cry. The other guys all pile on Julice (nicely!) and the quote reads “They call me Wolverine but I prefer to be known as Chilean above all else!” Julice admits that he’s really homesick but seeing that reminded him of what he’s fighting for. “I’m an instrument for my country, for my people. I am a human being who has gone through great challenges for my family and my flag.” Vera calls that very sweet of him and tells him that people of Chile will be honored to have him as a representative. “I know I am honored to have you representing me” says Vera to Julice and given Jorge’s standing in the country, that comes off as such a high honor. The two share a big hug together and LOL @ Erick Moreno shouting “THIS ISN’T THE SORT OF LOVE I WANT TO SEE!” which earns him boos from the teams!

*After some tense music and both fighters looking stern and focused around the house, we’re joined up with the next day. There’s the sixteen fighters (with Sergio rocking a brace), Jorge Vera as the guest host and LeBlanc and Gemma Traumaward at the front of the room. Vera says that Alex LeBlanc and Gemma Traumaward are leaving today---but he wants to know if the fighters are going to leave with him. Alex LeBlanc in a confessional says he got some warm feelings from Marquez yesterday about him leaving early while Gemma Traumaward admits that she and Horacio Julice didn’t have a lot of time to talk shop so she’s here for the show like everybody else. Vera asks both fighters if they made their thoughts known and with a smirk, Marquez says he has. Horacio Julice gives him a nod and doesn’t say anything besides nodding.

*Jorge Vera wants House A first with Alex LeBlanc’s LFC and Jorge Luis Marquez. Jorge Luis Marquez takes a big dramatic pause and flashes a big smile as he says that he’s honored with being tasked to the LeBlanc Fight Club. He says Alex LeBlanc’s gym has a world known reputation for being great and he’s proud to be training there. “However….I made a commitment to this show” says Marquez, “and I have a bunch of proud friends and family I’m happy to be around. This is what I want.” Jorge Luis Marquez says he’s sticking around for the rest of the show to be a supportive member of his countrymen but also of his teammates as well. This draws a pretty big pop from the Mexican fighters! LeBlanc smiles and says he’s not mad about it all, giving Marquez a big hug and telling him he’ll see him soon. Evan Martinez in a confessional laughs and says that he loves that, adding that having Marquez around will be a great help.

*House B is up next and Vera asks Horacio Julice if he's ready to make his choice. Julice looks at his team, looks at Gemma Traumaward, turns back to his team and merely says "Bye guys!" He walks off to join Gemma Traumaward as the House B guys are all like "Uh whaaaaaaat?!" while Julice is going home. Vera at least wants a reason and LOL @ Julice, in spanish, pointing out that he can live with a bunch of sweaty guys or he can go to San Diego and hang out with Gemma Traumaward! "Easy call. Bye!" says Julice as he waves to his team. The guys are stunned and flustered as Gemma is popping and marking out for this. "Latin America here I come!" says Gemma Traumaward as she gives Julice a big hug!

*Jorge Vera is tasked with ending the episode with a fight announcement. Vera says he's been watching the fighters training and working out and he's excited for this fight because he believes it'll be very good. "I'm going to select....Elian Gomes from Ecuador versus Pedro Moycano from Honduras!" Oh boy. Elian Gomes lets out a big sigh as he walks to the front of the room and over comes Pedro Moycano who looks like, to put it nicely, the scariest serial killer of all time. The two men go face to face and Moycano is just scowling angrily at Davila. "Don't be scared" says Moycano as they're face to face and Moycano has his hands down while Davila is in the fighter's pose! That's our fight next week, fellas! That'll do it for our episode!

Horacio Julice is leaving the house and heading to join the Wild Tiger Fight Team

Jorge Luis Marquez will stay behind at the gym!

Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!

Guerreros Y Titanes

Episode Three: Killing The Monster

*We start with a recap of who is on what team and the drama building in each unit. We've got:

House A- Evan Martinez (Mexico), Felipe “Solo” Vela (Mexico), Jorge Luis Marques (Mexico), Diego Venezuela (Mexico), Daniel Arroyo (Chile), Diego “Stitch” Arrango (Venezuela), Calvo “Oscuro” Santos (Argentina) and Pedro Moycano (Honduras)

House B- Juan Davila (Ecuador), Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala), Erick Moreno (Chile), Beethtoven Salazar (Dominican Republic), Cesar “El Cocinaro” Delgado (Panama), Sergio Nahum Cervantes (El Salvador), Horacio Julice (Chile), Elian Gomes (Ecuador)

*We also get a great recap of who is going to which team:

Wild Tiger Fight Team- Horacio Julice (Chile)

LeBlanc Fight Club- Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)

*After that rundown, we've been joined at the gym as Diego Mendes and Alfredo Advincola, our two super coaches for the show, are trying to run through various techniques and stylings for being on the feet. One thing Mendes is trying to teach is the technique that Jorge Luis Marquez used to get the finish in his last fight. He has Marquez runs through the combination he put on and Mendes is more than satisfied with the level of effort Marquez puts in in breaking it down. One thing that Diego Mendes says in a confessional is that Jorge Luis Marquez has already EARNED his money and his contract. "He could be here loafing but here's here working hard and for that I give him 100% credit." The other guys get to work on the technique for the switch kick and everybody seems to get the basic gist of it although there are some guys (namely Enrique Arzamandia of Guatemala and Felipe Vela of Mexico) who aren't quite capable of pulling it off with the proper technique. Pedro Moycano of Honduras takes a few tries but once he gets it, it's hitting with great impact and so he feels rewarded.

*Profile time for Mr. Moycano! We get to watch some of Moycano training and Alfredo Advincola gets to talk briefly about how Pedro Moycano is a very complicated person. "He's very quiet, he's very intense and he's a professional. He wants to learn and he's working hard to be the top fighter he can be." An angry looking Moycano is working on the bags and Diego Mendes feels as though Moycano can be a fighter of influence. "He's a man who has seen the worst of humanity and has survived it. He can be a survivor and a hero to people who have never experienced that before." Moycano says he has too many dead family members from drugs and gangs to count and that all he has left at this point is him and his brother. He tells this fucking awful story of how he left from Honduras to El Salvador and two weeks into his time in El Salvador, somebody set their house on fire and when he came home from the gym, he had to go and try and pull somebody out from the wreckage. "He was burnt from head to toe, I can still smell the smells if I think about it."

*Pedro Moycano heads back to House A and the team notes that he's THEIR guy for this week. "We love Pedro, we respect Pedro and we pretty much fear Pedro"' says Diego Valenzuela (Mexico). To his credit, Pedro Moycano is a quiet, humble dude who rarely talks up "and he trains to better the whole team" says Calvo Santos (Argentina). Everybody is hyping up Pedro Moycano and feeding him good words and plaudits. He's very appreciative of the efforts from his teammates and we get a great bit where the guys do a "Pedro!" chant and he shoots them a look that's designed to tell them to cool it a little and everybody just shuts up. "Is it that bad?" asks Pedro and Even Martinez (Mexico) asks what he means. "My face? Am I that ugly?" asks Moycano to a pretty nice pop from the team.

*In House B, the guys are coping with life as it's just six fighters in the house now. Sergio Nahum Cervantes (El Salvador) is gone because he can't train with a fucked up mangled arm and Horacio Julice (Chile) left to go train with the Wild Tiger Fight Team. Jjulice was "the alarm clock" who got people up on time and now that job falls onto Cesar Delgado (Panama). Delgado is also the team cook so now he admits that despite being the youngest fighter on the whole show, he's a little frustrated that he's become "the team nanny." He voices his complaints to Erick Moreno (Chile) who makes it clear that he's not out here "for any god damn complaints from other fighters." When it's brought up to Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic), Salazar opts to become the team's new clock alarm.

*The fighters arrive the next day at the gym to meet the co-hosts Valencia Del Rey and La Chispa! Given that some of the fighters are familiar with VDR, there's absolutely no surprise as Valencia is mobbed by the House A fighters! "I heard Mexico did well!" says Valencia Del Rey as the "Mexico!" chants start up again. Very cool from Valencia to after that little love for Mexico that she pulls Calvo Stnaos aside and gives Calvo a big hug. She tells him to keep his head up and stay 100% on the task of becoming the best fighter he can. She puts him over as a great person and gives him one more big hug, telling Calvo that as long as he doesn't give up, he'll be fine.

*For La Chispa, she's just happy to be there and makes it a point to go up to each fighter and shake hands. The fighters are just happy to get to meet Chispa whose gruff charisma seems to be a hit with a lot of the fighters. Beethoven Salazar says he knows of La Chispa because she's "a controversial figure" due to her opinion on Haitian born Dominicans and how they're treated by the government. Salazar gives an opinion without really giving one, merely stating that if you are born in the Dominican Republic, you are Dominican no matter what. La Chispa enters the cage and she does some flips and the guys are excited to see "a pretty girl being athletic" per Juan Davila. La Chispa's flips impress the crew but while Chispa is showing off, VDR is talking to some of the fighters about training.

*The training session involves a lot of wrestling and grappling. Diego Mendes points out that latin american fighters are most underdeveloped when it comes to wrestling, grappling and how to get back to their feet. Alfredo Advincola works on the ways to move through some grappling drills, primarily pushing on how to stuff takedowns using the cage. The one thing he breaks down is that the fence can be a help, often using by Jose Aldo and company who use the cage as an additional leg to stuff takedowns. Diego Mendes teaches them how to use a wide base and rely on the fence to provide additional support. Mendes points out that if you can't get low and spread your base out wide then you're going to get taken down. He also shows them how to do certain things related to stuffing takedowns, primarily on how to throw elbows and drop ground and pound while stuffing takedowns. The "11-5" elbows are brought up and Mendes shows how to "curve" your elbows to avoid them being dubbed illegal.

*We get to see the fighters run through some takedown defense and Pedro Moycano is the first we get to see and in an interesting bit, Elian Gomes from Ecuador is pretty much hanging over the cage to watch it. Moycano gets taken down repeatedly by Diego Mendes and so Gomes is practically drooling with each takedown. Juan Davila gets taken down but it takes Mendes plenty of time with La Chispa counting aloud how long he's able to stay upright. When Davila DOES get taken down, he's already showing an ability to fight from his back to try and challenge his way up to his feet. La Chispa is counting again as Evan Martinez is stuffing takedowns with a wide base and trying to throw elbows without actually throwing elbows. Diego Arrango showcases some of that staunch takedown defense, he's fighting to stay upright desperately and he's able to stall out enough that Chispa hits 30 seconds and that's a wrap!

*Daniel Arroyo is taken down HARD and he yelps in pain, immediately drawing the end of the drill from Diego Mendes so to speak. Arroyo is grabbing at his back and he's taking some deep breaths afterwards, Mendes asking if he could walk it off. Arroyo is taking some deep breaths and he's struggling to get up to his feet, limping off. He doesn't think he's actually hurt but he took a bad fall and he's got some pain. Mendes tells him to sit out the drill but Arroyo absolutely wants to push through that. He winds up sitting on the sidelines with Calvo Santos who isn't medically cleared to train.

*After that drill is done, the guys are told to spar and do so safely. Erick Moreno is sparring with Juan Davila and Davila is not going hard whereas Moreno wants to pressure and get after it. La Chispa can sense that there may be a problem coming and La Chispa shouts it out to Mendes who wants Davila to NOT have a repeat of last weeks drama. In an interesting bit of business, Val puts on some gloves and she wants to work with Juan Davila! Davila is all "Dude I dunno, man" but Valencia says she's been hit harder by women bigger than Juan Davila so she doesn't want to hear his bullshit. With Davila and Valencia Del Rey sparring together, the two actually get along and have a lot of fun together while working things out. Valencia Del Rey doesn't want to take a backwards step vs Davila and Juan's slower paced sparring is a totally nice mix with Valencia. Juan Davila asks about how Val got so good at MMA given her "fake wrestling" (Oh my god, dude) and Valencia Del Rey explains that her cousin is a pro fighter and she's been training for a few years.

*After the workout is over, everybody notices that La Chispa has disappeared now. La Chispa's disappearance isn't lost on the guys and so now everybody is trying to determine just where Chispa is. Enrique Arzamandia is worried because he's scared somebody might've kidnapped La Chispa. "IF THEY TAKE HER MASK OFF, WE'LL NEVER FIND HER!" says Arzamandia. Juan Davila and Valencia Del Rey are totally not interested in this because they're still sparring and pal-ing around and a coach has to get Val to let her know that La Chispa has gone missing. Valencia Del Rey says she'll call her and Cesar Delgado, the ultimate wrestling fan, says that La Chispa can more than handle herself. Elian Gomes is too tired from a workout so now he's frustrated and bummed because he can't go home to recouperate at the house. "Can't we just find her tomorrow?" asks Gomes as Evan Martinez from Mexico and Felipe Vela from Mexico both want to go room from room to find her.

*The dudes go room to room and OMG @ Juan Davila saying that she's "a wrestler so maybe she did some coke or something." THIS guy. "You know wrestlers sometimes are doing angles or something" says Cesar Delgado. "Maybe they're just filming something for a show." Everybody is all worried until La Chispa texts Valencia Del Rey to meet her outside and bring the fighters. The crew heads outside---and La Chispa has either commandeered or flagged down an ice cream truck!

*The fighters are getting ice cream with Chispa footing the bill for ordering ice cream. Pedro Moycano doesn't want to get ice cream because he's cutting weight but La Chispa just tells him to do some push ups (I can't!!) and get one. Beethoven Salazar gets two ice creams and he gets called out for ripping off the charity of La Chispa. He winds up giving one to Valencia Del Rey to try and suck up. Erick Moreno gets ice cream and throws a fit for not getting ENOUGH sprinkles like a total tool. Evan Martinez and Felipe Vela both get ice creams and I can't even as somebody calls that "couples work." The fighters all thank La Chispa and Chispa tells them to get home, go back to the gym tomorrow and have a killer day tomorrow!

*At House A, the Mexican fighters are all talking about how hot Valencia Del Rey is. Diego Arrango says she's pretty "for a wrestler" and Evan Martinez wants an explanation of what that means. "She gets hit in the face for a living. That makes it hard to be really pretty." Arrongo is SO trying to babyface his way through this but the Mexican guys are NOT going to allow that shit to fly. "Nobody insults a Mexican woman and lives!" says Jorge Luis Marquez in a confessional which is such an awesome line. Arrongo is begging off as he gets pelted by pillows! Pedro Moycano is staying out of the room and just meditating and we get a confessional from Moycano who admits that being violent is a side of him he doesn't love. "I enjoy violence, I live to breath in violence....but I hate it. I very much hate the violent part of me. Violence is a dirty part of man but it's the part that makes me money. What a fucking world, ya know?" Evan Martinez walks in, sees Moycano meditating, mutters a "No sir" and then calmly walks out!

*At House B, the guys are trying to find ways to pass the time and there's a lot of suggestions of drinking. "Drinking makes everyone a better person" says Beethoven Salazar which nearly draws a pop from Elian Gomes can't drink because he's got a fight upcoming. Salazar is getting his drink on but then there's a knock on the door. "Maybe it's the police" says Moreno and EVERYBODY tells him not to make another version of "the fucking border joke" (per Cesar Delgado). The door opens up and in walks Valencia Del Rey! Valencia asks if she can come in and the guys panic because the house is a mess with training stuff all over the place. Valencia agrees to give them a minute to fix up because she has sttuff to bring in. The guys scurry around throwing clothes in areas they're sure they're not going to go in.

*Once the house is clean, Valencia Del Rey enters with a bunch of stuff! Val gets a great pop from the house and she's got popcorn and Wild Hearts DVDs! Val determines that they're going to do a movie night so she can get to know the fighters! Delgado is DOWN for this and he admits that he's behind on his Wild Hearts (who isn't apparently?) and so this is a good chance for him to catch up on things. Beethoven Salazar says in a confessional that he doesn't really like wrestling much but he's got a chance to spend some time and do something other than stare "at another dude's ass or something" so he's happy to do something else. Erick Moreno admits that he is going to "shoot his shot a bunch and the wrestling is extra" so I can't even. THANKFULLY movie night goes smoothly and nobody acts like a toolbox!
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
*The next day of training comes and it profiles Elian Gomes! out of Ecuador! Gomes discusses how his parents are affluent people in Ecuador who run multiple businesses but he wanted his own lease in life. He wanted the opportunity to live his own life and discovered that he's a bit of an adrenaline junkie. He developed a tremendous love for combat and began to really divulge himself into the martial arts. "He has so much combat sports experience that a lot of the stuff you have to teach a young fighter he's already got" says Alfredo Advincola. Advincola notes that Gomes at 25 years old, he has an unrelenting confidence in Elian Gomes. Diego Mendes feels like you can take a look at what Gomes does and tell he's extremely experienced. "La Masecre" doesn't have a lot of respect for Pedro Moycano because to him, Moycano is just a street thug pretending to be a martial artist. "Guys like him have a scary face and they talk but when they get punched, they go down. That's it."

*Daniel Arroyo is trying to push through the drills and he's got a little bit of a hobble to his game. He's asked if he's okay and a very gimpy Arroyo waves them off. Daniel Arroyo in a confessional talks about not wanting to a day off because when he was starting out in MMA, he was always told that if you missed a day then somebody elese will take his spot. He says then when he went to train in Brazil, he trained with a torn groin because he was worried people would take his spot. "You're going to have to kill me to get me out of the gym" says Arroyo. Alfredo Advincola and Diego Mendes are keeping a close eye on him and both guys seem relatively satisfied that Arroyo is good enough to make it through the gym.

*We get to see a gameplan session from Alfredo Advincola for Elian Gomes. With the two fighters all training in the same gym WITH the same coaches, Alfredo explains that the blue corner will be HIS fighters and the red corner will be for Diego's guys. Alfredo has Gomes and he laughs that he has an easy job becaus eof how seasoned Gomes is. Elian Gomes wants to take down Moycano and pound him out from the top so Alfredo puts him in a grappling session. Advincola likes how Gomes flows but also notes that he's not going to be a tremendous wrestler overnight. They discuss ways to tighten up his game and Advincola feels like Gomes will have an advantage not just when the fight hits the ground but when the fight hits the later rounds. Why? Because Moycano confided in Advincola that he smokes. "Smokers quit quick. Their lungs are already ruined." We get to watch some of Gomes work on his ground and pound during the drills and they like the idea of just trying to overwhelm Pedro Moycano with pressure and ground and pound.

*After a long day of practice, the fighters all head outside expecting La Chispa to be there with an ice cream truck. Instead they head outside and La Chispa and Valencia Del Rey are outside waiting for them. Valencia Del Rey knows the fighters are tired but she figured they might be up for something different. The guys are at least interested in hearing her out so Valencia Del Rey tells La Chispa to go and get something for her. As the fighters are waiting, Pedro Moycano asks if they're going to have to do some work. VDR says it's nothing to be worried about, joking that this is going to be more fun than anything else. La Chispa comes back and she's got a football with her! "If you're going to live in the United States, you gotta realize that you gotta learn football!"

*La Chispa gives the guys a run down on how football works and what's fun about the sport. Diego Valenzuela says the Azteca MMA guys went and saw the Oakland Raiders vs Houston Texans game so he knows about the value of the sport. "It's a good game" says Jorge Luis Marquez. Calvo Santos says that football has never made sense to him but he likes the looks of the helmets and uniforms. Elian Gomes says that football is just fake soccer and he doesn't enjoy the sport "BUT I'd rather hang out with La Chispa and the other girl than not." Lastly Juan Davila says that he doesn't necessarily know nor like football but it keeps him from heading back to the house and so he's willing to put up with it.

*The guys are led to an actual football field at UT-SA where LA Chispa explains that the goal will be for the guys is pairing up. One guy will be tasked with throwing the ball and the other with catching the ball. One guy is going to run and the other is going to throw it AND a completion will be tallied up. The yardage will be added up, guys will switch roles and it'll be repeated. The WINNING team will get $10,000 while the runner up gets $5,000 and 3rd place gets $1,000. The guys want to pair up together but La Chispa explains that the guest hosts have worked out who is going and when. The pairs are read off together and we have:

Felipe Vela (Mexico) and Juan Davila (Ecuador)
Elian Gomes (Ecuador) and Diego Valenzuela (Mexico)
Cesar Delgado (Panama) and Evan Martinez (Mexico)
Pedro Moycano and Calvo Santos (Argentina)
Erick Moreno (Chile) and Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic)
Diego Arrango (Venezuela) and Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)
Daniel Arroyo (Chile) and Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala)

*We get a brief montage of the teams warming up together and trying to figure out how football works. Val shows how to hold the ball and lets it rip as the guys are trying to throw it around. BIG pop, at least from me, as somehow Enrique Arzamandia throws it BACKWARDS somehow. Beethoven Salazar says he's played some baseball and he used to play centerfield so HIS idea is that he'll stand in one spot, tell Erick Moreno to chuck it as far as he can and if he's standing properly then he can either run it down or he can move in on it to catch it almost like a punt. Elian Gomes has a fight coming up so he doesn't want to do too much running or jumping.

*We get our first run through and it's another montage with La Chispa and Valencia Del Rey laughing at how many dudes seem incapable of catching the ball. After watching Felipe Vela, Calvo Santos and Diego Valenzuela all struggle to catch the ball, they make a correction to the rules and say you can drop it ONCE and then go again. "Any more than that and you get ZERO points!" shouts Valencia. They reset the game and we get a kind of cool looking catch by Beethoven Salazar as he runs IN and slides on his knees to catch the ball like a punt. Elian Gomes throws the ball as far as he possibly can and LOL @ Valencia "accidentally" tipping it so that Valenzuela can catch it! Basically it was thrown at Val who knocked it up with her hand (selling it like a GOAT worker) and Valenzuela catches it. Since he's raised in America, Diego Arrango has no issues catching a little 15 yard pass from fellow adopted American Jorge Luis Marquez. BIG POP from me at least as Enrique Arzamandia tries to punt the ball and it goes pretty far but Val says that doesn't count! It also doesn't help it was caught either. Poor Pedro Moycano can't catch either of his passes and OMFG @ "Well don't worry about punches, Elian because he don't have any hands!" from Erick Moreno. That's how ya get fucked up. At the end of the first leg of the drill, the numbers are:

Felipe Vela (Mexico) and Juan Davila (Ecuador)- 3 yards
Elian Gomes (Ecuador) and Diego Valenzuela (Mexico)- 22 yards
Cesar Delgado (Panama) and Evan Martinez (Mexico)- 11 yards
Pedro Moycano and Calvo Santos (Argentina)- 0 yards
Erick Moreno (Chile) and Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic)-15 yards
Diego Arrango (Venezuela) and Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)- 20 yards
Daniel Arroyo (Chile) and Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala)- 0 yards

-We get a switch and now the other people have to catch and throw it. Felipe Vela knows they need a lot of yards and so he tells Davila to just start running and he'll throw it. He chucks it but Davila has NO idea how to track the ball and so he keeps running while the ball harmlessly flops to the crowd like 15 yards behind him. Davila is blown up from sprinting but he gives it another go and ALMOST makes an awesome looking catch! Unfortunately La Chispa rules he rolled over and landed onto the ball so it's a no catch! "Well at least we won't come in last I hope" says a cringing Vela. Gomes wants to get an easy pitch from Valenzuela because they're in the lead so it's a 10 yard pass that Gomes drops! The game is on the line here for them and so Valenzuela just lobs it to him and Gomes bobbles---but holds on!

*Evan Martinez throws the ball so hard that it gets stuck in the gut of Delgado! Carlos rolls around with the ball and he's wheezing because it knocked the wind out of him. Still it's caught---although it doesn't knock Gomes/Diego off the leaderboard. We get snippets of Moycano completing it to Santos for short yardage and then we see that on BOTH of his attempts Erick Moreno couldn't catch the ball. The first one was high and tipped off his fingers and the second one he just made no real attempt to try and catch because he was mad about the first one. Salazar thinks privately that Moreno fucked up on purpose but he's trying to be fair. Daniel Arroyo arroyo dropped the first pass from Arzamandia but he makes a fucking nifty catch for about 18 yards where he has to adjust and catch it behind him. "I LOVE IT!" says Chispa and LL @ the spike from Arroyo! We're down to Arrango and Marquez now to end things and they need about 12 yards to beat the top squad. Arrango wants Marquez about fifteen yards out and the first throw is like WAY off. Like no way no way can Marquez grab it. Jorge Luis Marquez has to DIVE to grab the next attempt-----AND IT HITS THE GROUND! THEY COME IN THIRD!

Felipe Vela (Mexico) and Juan Davila (Ecuador)- 3 yards
Elian Gomes (Ecuador) and Diego Valenzuela (Mexico)- 32 yards
Cesar Delgado (Panama) and Evan Martinez (Mexico)- 21 yards
Pedro Moycano and Calvo Santos (Argentina)- 0 yards
Erick Moreno (Chile) and Beethoven Salazar (Dominican Republic)- 15 yards
Diego Arrango (Venezuela) and Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)- 20 yards
Daniel Arroyo (Chile) and Enrique Arzamandia (Guatemala)- 18 yards

*The money is handed out and LOL @ Valenzuela shouting out "my big massive man hands" for pulling off his catches. They get 5K each while Delgado and Martinez get 2,500 and $500 each for Arrongo and Marquez. In a bit of niceness I guess, Delgado wants his money split up so he can give it out to the people in his house which in turn leads to House A all claiming that anybody from House A can do the same. Diego Valenzuela says everybody can kiss his ass because they're not getting his money! "I WORKED HARD FOR THIS! DUAL SPORT ATHLETE!" says Valenzuela and he hands his money to La Chispa to hold onto it for safe keeping! HA! Everybody who earned money (which is the guys who won and House B) give their money to Chispa in envelopes with their names on it. They want the envelopes licked close but La Chispa reveals it grosses her out to lick envelopes so she has Val do it. "Sounds like she's a great date" says Daniel Arroyo sarcastically in a confessional before he gives us the Milhouse eyebrows. 'If you can't lick an envelope then what can you lick?"

*At the House A hang out, it's the day before weigh ins and everybody is trying to help Pedro Moycano make weight. Jorge Luis Marquez has him on the scale and he's about 5 lbs off. The whole team goes to hang out in the sauna to try and help Moycano cut some poundage and provide motivational support. Moycano spends an hri n the sauna, gets out and he's 158 lbs. He needs to be 155 lbs. They suggest riding a bike in the sauna and Moycano's clothes are drenched in sweat. He legitimately strips out of his clothes, BLUR VISION to save us from the junk, and sits in the sauna naked. "I mean do we have to get naked?" asks Evan Martinez and Diego Arrango says 8 guys naked in a sauna is not acceptable to him OR to God. The guys tell Moycano to get out of the sauna and just go to sleep but Pedro WANTS to be on weight by tomorrow. "I'm making it a point!" says Moycano and in a confessional, he says he's not so much struggling to make weight as he is struggling to do so without draining himself too much. He says he's been eating well and so now it's just about a sauna work to drop some short term weight. By the end of the night, he gets on the scale and he's at 155.5 lbs.

*After Moycano goes to sleep, the guys all discuss whether or not they should root for Pedro to win. The point of contention on the discussion is that Moycano, in their eyes, is a really good fighter---but if he wins then that means one of them fights him in the finale. Felipe Vela says they need to root for Moycano to win while Daniel Arroyo argues that if he loses OR gets hurt then he's off the show and they don't have to worry about him. "I love Pedro but this is a competition and that comes first to me" says Daniel and Diego Valenzuela says that's the equivalent of "lying about not coming here to make friends" to him. The group eventually decide to table the talk as Team Mexico wants to rally around Moycano while the other guys couldn't care less if he wins or loses. Outside of Arroyo who wants a Moycano loss. Calvo Santos was knocked out in the first fight and his attitude is that all he wants is the loser of this fight to be worse than he is so he can take their place.

*At House B, the guys are very upbeat about Elian Gomes chances of winning. Erick Moreno says that Moycano "is just a jungle boy" and this is real fighting. Moreno wants to see Gomes test Moycano's wrestling and Gomes says if he takes him down, Moycano won't get up. Juan Davila expects this week to be easy because Gomes is just a better fighter period to him. "I see a guy who is a fighter and another guy who is a mean face with some big legs." The guys all are planning a celebration for when the fight is over except for Enrique Arzamandia who argues that Pedro Moycano could win this fight on heart and toughness alone. Elian Gomes asks if Arzamandia is claiming he isn't tough but Arzamandia goes all Bane with "you chose fighting because you liked it but this fucking guy fights because if he doesn't he'd die."

*WEIGH IN TIMES! La Chispa is eating ice cream at the weigh ins and VDR has to pull her aside and note that these fighters are starving so ice cream is not a good idea. "Well I just paid $3 for this so they'll need to manage" says Chispa before she EVENTUALLY goes outside to eat ice cream. Up first on the scale is Pedro Moycano! We've got a "Pedro!" chant in the gym as Moycano is up on the scale looking relatively focused. He winks out to the guest hosts as his weight is read at 155 lbs! "So he ate eggs with sausage and still lost weight? This fucking guy has a magic trick" says Felipe Vela as the team applauds. Moycano drops to his knees after weighing and is praying off the to side as Elian Gomes is next to weigh in. Elian is weighing in pretty much entirely dressed and he flexes as the scale reads 153 lbs! Both fighters are on weight! The houses are ready for this one and both guys go nose to nose and face to face! This is an INTENSE weigh in and Moycano is just doing an angry whisper talk in the face to face. "I'll let you pick the fist" says Moycano and all Gomes can do is smile and shake his head. The fighters have to be separated due to the intensity and neither guy wanting to back down! It could be an awesome fight!

*After the weigh ins, both fighters are husked off to separate locker rooms and the House A guys are whooping it up for Pedro. In a confessional, Moycano talks about going to a dark place before a fight and breaks his mood down into five basic steps. The first is anger that somebody would want to fight him, the second is confusion as to why he feels like he HAS to fight, the third is rage because somebody is trying to take money or food from him and he wants to live, the fourth is fear because he absolutely is terrified of losing and getting hurt. "And the last is suicide. I'll die before I lose."

*It's fight day! Both fighters arrive in good spirits in separate vans and Moycano looks to have rehydrated pretty damn well. Pedro admits that he had a very uncomfortable sleep last night due to nerves so he's been mentally wired up for a while. "This day is everything for me. It's life changing." On the other hand, Elian Gomes is calm and relaxed. Gomes is getting a massage as he's getting the gloves put on and he works on his takedown attempts once he's nice and warmed up. "It's time for me to get really comfortable, it's time for me to feel it in the cage and just go out and perform to the best of my ability."

*BOTH fighters get visits from the team leader that'll be getting the winner and it's Owen Drive! We get a montage for the Owen Drive Wrestling Academy in Toronto, Canada and Owen says he's excited to add a nice latin american talent to his team. "We need some great men, we need great talents, we need to expand our horizons and touch on new markets." Drive works with an interpreter to plug HIS vision for Moycano and he talks about how the coaches believe he has a lot of potential. "We specialize in wrestling and I think that can bridge the gap on your weaknesses" says Drive through an interpreter. Moycano just makes it a point that anywhere he goes, his brother needs to be taken care of as well. Owen talks about Canada as a melting pot and how they'd find a way to make it all work out if that was the case.

*Owen meets up with Elian Gomes and Owen likes how Elian is a man who made himself. Again through interpreters, Owen Drive talks about how he wants to expand his team and Gomes could be a guy who fits. Drive watches Gomes do some takedown attempts and he admits he's excited to see him use those skills in the cage. Owen sees great potential in both guys and tells them all to stay focused and hungry moving forward.

Pedro Moycano (3-1, Honduras) vs Elian Gomes (5-0, Ecuador)

Fight Recap!

Oh my my. Both fighters come out at the bell and it’s off to the races for Pedro Moycano who is marching down Elian Gomes! Moycano throws a combination of strikes and then sneaks in a nasty counter left hand when Gomes comes forward that seems to buzz him. Gomes hits a leg kick and then Pedro Moycano throws a nasty right hand that buzzes Gomes again. The fight turns into an easy enough story to figure out; Moycano lands on Gomes, Gomes runs and tries to flurry, Moycano marches him down and throws hands again. Gomes ties up on Moycano and they’re fighting again! Moycano throws a left hook that buckles Gomes and then Elian Gomees tumbles to the mat! Gomes is trying to fight up to his feet but he’s getting blasted by rights and lefts and he’s dropped again! Hammerfists to the side of Gomes head as he tries for a single leg! The referee is giving Elian every chance to get up to his feet but he’s dropped again! Gomes is up but one BIG knee up the middle drops him on his face and THAT is enough! INSANELY IMPRESSIVE KO FROM PEDRO MOYCANO!

Pedro Moycano KOs Elian Gomes in 1 minute and 23 seconds of the first round!

Pedro Moycano joins the Owen Drive Wrestling Academy!

*The gym is STUNNED as Moycano goes all BJ Penn, punching himself in the face and then kissing his bloody gloves. Elian Gomes is hurting and he's got a busted open nose that will need some work to fix up I'm sure! Owen Drive is jumping up and down for joy as Pedro Moycano kisses the flag of Honduras! He shouts a million things at once into the camera and then ends with a Vince Carter-esque "IT'S OVER!" and a mean mug! No throat slice thankfully! "Man....I'm glad I didn't have to fight him" says Jorge Luis Marquez with a cringe as Moycano's path of destruction is replayed. For House B, they're all stunned and Erick Moreno thinks that Elian Gomes simply choked under the pressure. "What a flop. What a joke" says Moreno. At cage side, Cesar Delgado says that after Gomes got hit the first time, something changed. He doesn't want to EVER imply that somebody quit "but the cat was out of the bag and got eaten by a cheetah or something." Moycano goes over and gives Elian Gomes a big hug after the fight and the two share some words with both men having that post fight moment.

*In the locker room of Pedro Moycano, it's all tears and good vibes after he finishes off such a violent performance. "I want to say I'm emotional because I won but I'm more emotional because the referee let him take so many punches." Pedro Moycano wants referees to be smarter to save the fighters. "I almost killed that guy" says Moycano as the coaches all give him hugs and congratulate him. Owen Drive pops in and he knows fighters are emotional after wins and losses so he'll just say he'll see Pedro tomorrow and he hopes he has a fantastic fight. Owen is the first real coach to be honest about the fighter NOT coming to his gym; noting that he'd like the time for him to learn Spanish and Pedro to learn English. "If he gets here tomorrow and decides he wants to go to Canada then I LOVE IT!"

*Elian Gomes is more embarrassed than anything else because he knows how the loss looked. "I didn't lose, I got humiliated." He asks the coaches what it is they think he could've done better and Alfredo Advincola says the one thing he could've done better is not flinch in the fire. "To be fair, he hit you hard" says Alfredo and that actually gets some laughs. Gomes is just disappointed because to him, he wasn't the best version of himself. He's disgusted by his performance and then apologizes to everybody for not ever stepping out of the second gear. "I mean he kicked my ass. What can I say?" Gomes says his resolve is still strong and he believes in his skills but he's disappointed because he COULD have done better. He calls it a rough day at the office but he's recovering already and he's ready to go soon again.

*The guys are heading back to the houses but they stop at the billboard to get a look at it. For Pedro Moycano, the flag of Honduras is flying high and the message is a really simple one for the night. "Inside each man there is the monster called doubt. We can all kill that monster." Moycano stares at his billboard for a while and Valencia Del Rey asks how it makes him feel. "I'm proud. I'm proud of what I'm doing but I can't wait to do more." Most of the House A guys talk about really, really like Pedro Moycano and thinking of him as a guy they can build around as a team leader. "He's intense, quiet and we all love him. We're also scared he'll kill us and that helps too. Fear is a motivator" says Jorge Luis Marquez with a little shrug.

*The next day has arrived and NOW it's time for Owen Drive to get an answer from Pedro Moycano about whether or not he stays or whether he goes! Owen asks Pedro to just answer from the heart and Moycano says that when he goes to Toronto, he wants Owen to not have to baby him as a fighter. At the same time, going to Canada and establishing himself will only speed up this process. In the end, Pedro says he asked God to help him out on a decision and when he woke up today, his mind was clear. He doesn't know if he's ready mentally for a journey to join Owen Drive just yet and he'd like the opportunity to work on some things. What's more, he knows his English needs work if he's to travel around. Pedro Moycano ASKS Owen Drive if it's okay if he stayed until the end of the show so he can work on his English, spend some time getting intensive care and also work on his visibility. Owen Drive says that while he'd LOVE for Moycano to be a member of his team out of the gate, he's fine with this. He tells the coaches to keep Pedro healthy and safe and gives his new protege a nice big hug! The guys all cheer as Moycano is going to stick around for the show!

Pedro Moycano is staying!

*We end the episode as Val and La Chispa get to announce the NEXT fight for the week coming up. Valencia Del Rey says she's selected Enrique Arzamandia of Guatemala! Enrique has this big exhale as he slowly walks up and in a confessional, Enrique admits he's kind of not feeling well so he wasn't hoping to get called up. La Chispa says that with Val selecting Enrique to fight next week, she's made the decision to go with Chile's Daniel Arroyo! Arroyo smiles as he walks up to take part in the staredown. At the same time, DR's Beethoven Salazar looks beyond pissed off at NOT getting called to fight. He pouts in the background as Arroyo is left to measure up vs Arzamandia. It's Guatemala vs Chile! These are the two tallest 155ers on the show and Arzamandia is just nosing up to Arroyo. HOLY SHIT AS ARROYO KISSES ARZAMANDIA A LA ANDERSON SILVA AND ARZAMANDIA SHOVES HIM! THE TWO GUYS SQUARE UP AGAIN BUT THE HOUSES AND THE COACHES SEPARATE IT TO END THE EPISODE!
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
Guerreros Y Titanes

Episode Four: Kisses, Pool Parties And Jesus

*We start with a recap of who is on what team and the drama building in each unit. We've got:

*We also get a great recap of who is going to which team:

Wild Tiger Fight Team- Horacio Julice (Chile)

LeBlanc Fight Club- Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico)

Owen Drive Wrestling Academy- Pedro Moycano (Honduras)

*The episode opens up where it ended last! Enrique Arzamandia and Daniel Arroyo were facing off when a reckless ass kiss was thrown by Arroyo. Daniel Arroyo smooches Enrique Arzamandia and shoves and kicks are being thrown! The crew works to break them up and Arzamandia is letting the three letter f word fly frequently (or dare I say it, the seven letter m word in spanish). Guys are working to break it up and it's Jorge Luis Marquez (Mexico) and Calvo Santos (Argentina) who seem to be working the hardest to try and shut the brawl down. Marquez has grabbed Arzamandia and he's trying to cover his mouth as Enrique is just shouting and throwing all kinds of insults everywhere! "It's a bad look for the sport" says Marquez and to his credit, Arzamandia has a fine response of "FUCK THE SPORT THE MAN IS KISSING ME LIKE I'M A BITCH!"

*Diego Mendes has pulled Daniel Arroyo into a room and he asks him flat out what the fuck all of that was about. Arroyo says he does that before every fight at the weigh ins because it gets into his opponents head. "Look at him! He's all mad!" says Arroyo gleefully before Mendes snaps that now HE is mad. In a confessional, Mendes admits he's in an awkward spot because how do you punish a man for kissing another man? "It's not like he punched him. He kissed him! Is that unwanted contact? Assault? I don't want to make light of it, I'm just lost." Mendes tells Arroyo to sit in the room until he talks to a producer about what happened and Arroyo after they leave is ALREADY concocting a plan to say that if they kick him out, it's sexual discrimination. "I mean how do they know I'm not gay?" says Arroyo to a very amused/bemused Diego "Stitch" Arrango. Diego tells Arroyo that he sort of went over the line but Daniel knows it's going to work because he's already in his head. "He knows he's a bitch and I reminded him of that. I didn't even put on chapstick so that's how little I think of him!"

*Enrique Arzamandia is with Alfredo Advincola who wants HIS side of the story. Arzamandia is AGAIN dropping f-bombs and Alfredo tells him to stop that because he'll get kicked off the show. Enrique Arzamandia is brought some drinks of water to calm down and he just feels disrespected. "He put his lips on me. I'm a man, you don't do that to me and if you want to do this to me, I'll kick the shit out of you."

*A producer brings the coaches in together and asks what necessarily the plan is going forward. The producer is amazingly blunt in that he likes the drama and finds it necessary to keep things fresh but he's uncomfortable with the language. He has a problem with the words being used and asks that the fighter apologizes for it. The information is brought up to Enrique Arzamandia and Enrique seems unaware as to why he's supposed to apologize. He just keeps shouting "HE KISSED ME!" over and over. Eventually though Enrique agrees to apologize to everybody BUT Daniel Arroyo which suffices for the crew. They bring Enrique out and he apologizes for using the word. Arzamandia says that to him, it's NOT an anti-gay word but he also knows that people are sensitive about it. Felipe Vela (Mexico) is offended because his brother is gay and he understands how hateful and nasty that word is. On the other hand, he believes Arzamandia when he's sorry about it. "He has no reason to lie about that I guess."

*House A is all a flutter about the big win from Pedro Moycano and now that he's in and sticking around, Moycano is essentially just completely blowing any ideas of a diet and working on leaning English and just being good moral support. They discuss Pedro's eating habits with Diego Arroyo joking that he should be named Kirby. "You know the big fat Nintendo thing." Pedro Moycano doesn't get the reference and admits he's never played a video game in his life which is amazing to everybody in the house. Moycano is afraid of getting too big before the end of the show but also admits that as a guy who lived a life of scarce meals, the idea of being in a house where all the food is supplied for you is tempting. He weighed in at 155, fought at 170 and at the end of the day, he admitted he was closer to 180 lbs. "A lot of water and running is coming up soon" says Moycano.

*Daniel Arroyo's kiss is discussed by the team and Arroyo to his credit admits that he wishes he would've smartened up his team but they announced the fights then and he didn't have time to clue them in on it. We get to learn a bit about Daniel Arroyo and how he approaches fighting, primarily what makes him think of fighting. At 23 years old, Arroyo wound up training at Nova Unaio which is the top gym in Brazil, earning plaudits as a top prospect. For him, it's not about how good of an athlete he is, it's about what he can bring to the table mentally. To him, mental reps or challenging fighters mentally makes him a stud. "Other guys are about the mental game and they study tape. Me? I want to make you mad. I want you to HATE me. I want you guys to think of me as a demon or something."

*The fighters arrive at the gym the next day and the guest host is there! It's Carlos Cruz! Carlos' ability to speak Spanish immediately has the fighters all happy to see him and Carlos explains that he went out of his way to demand this assignment. "I'm happy to be the guest host this week!" says Carlos, "but I'm also happy to announce that the WINNER of this fight is coming with me!" Carlos reveals that the Jesus Freak Camp is going to get this week's winner! That means either Arzamandia or Daniel Arroyo will be heading to New York! For Arroyo, he's excited because Carlos has a lot of latin blood fighters and he knows if he goes there, he'll be viewed as an equal. "I wwant to prove my worth and I want him to want me there as badly as I wanna be there!" Enrique Arzamandia just views it as a chance to really get to know the coach who will be bringing in him and mentions that he's got a decent comfort level with Alfredo Advincola as well.

*While the fighters would prefer a more striking based training, this one focuses on wrestling. "We want you to get comfortable wrestling when you're tired!" says Alfredo Advincola and so with Carlos sitting at a safe distance, he gets to watch the guys go through exhausting chain wrestling exercises. Carlos is taking notes with a note pad and admits that you can tell a lot on how some guys will respond to trouble by how they hold up in grappling when they're tired. "You see quit in their eyes? Quit doesn't go away. It lives inside of you---and it'll pop out when you least need it to."

*With the fighters pressed against a wall, there's a lot of them struggling to stay upright against the more experienced wrestlers. It's about exhaustion and you can just see some guys turning colors as they try to stay in the drill. Juan Davila is exhausted and he looks totally miserable as he's trying to fight through takedown defense. At one point the drill is stopped so guys like Davila and Evan Martinez can step to the side and throw up in garbage cans. Enrique Arzamandia knows his wrestling is a bit of a weak spot and so he focuses plenty on these drills, not just for himself but also to watch the guys who he believes are far better than him go about the business. The one fighter who is NOT participated? Elian Gomes who is out with a concussion. Gomes wants to participate but he can't due to doctor's orders. He legitimately sits on the sidelines pouting until Carlos pulls him aside to give him a pep talk about staying focused and just keeping up the positive attitude.

*Video package on Enrique Arzamandia! They discuss how the tall Guatemala native is extremely experienced and well rounded despite his karate background. Diego Mendes talks about how the 33 year old has a so-so record at 5-3 BUT you can't judge him by his record. "I chose the term experienced. He is very, very experienced in combat sports." Mendes puts over Arzamandia for having a fantastic work ethic and a mental approach that makes him tough to stop once he gets going. Alfredo Advincola thinks Enrique has a GREAT mentality for fighting and a work ethic that should make him easy to coach and deal with.

*As Enrique is working on his sparring with the coaches, he talks about living in Brazil after carving a path for himself in Guatemala. Arzamandia says he crossed paths with Daniel Arroyo in Brazil but they never really had any interaction. "And so this fucking guy kisses me? On the lips I might add. Not on the cheek like a man would." Arzamandia says that he's older, bigger and stronger than Arroyo plus he has a karate background. "I'm going to kick this guy's face before he can even blink. He's going to be looking for doubles of me because I'm going to be moving so well. I'm going to bitch slap him because he's a bitch. JUST being in the same gym makes me sick!"

*When the drills are over, the fighters are told to head back to their houses except for one guy, Enrique Arzamandia. Enrique is loaded up on a van and the fighters from the house all speculate he's getting kicked off the show. Instead Carlos Cruz rides with Enrique and discusses with him the power of words "based in hate." They discuss the words that Arzamandia has used on the show and Carlos wants him to meet some friends of his. The two travel to the San Antonio Pride group where Arzamandia is going to get to talk to some people who he might really need to meet. There, Arzamandia learns about how gay and lesbian latinos have a higher suicide rate and a harder time adapting to society. Arzamandia admits he comes from a poor background and didn't really ever think about HOW words impact people like that. He meets a guy who is gay and has been disowned by his family, drawing Enrique's guard down a bit as he confesses that being a pro fighter has led HIS family to disown him as well. Carlos Cruz talks about how you have to be tolerant and respectful, speaking in a confessional about how being religious makes people think he has views of hate BUT all he preaches is love. Arzamandia thanks Carlos and the people at San Antonio Pride for helping to open up a new way of thinking for him. "It would be easy to say "Oh I didn't go to school" or "Oh it's just words" but that's for the ignorant and I need to be enlightened.""

*When he heads home, the team holds a meeting about Arzamandia. They all seem very unhappy with his actions recently but a few (Juan Davila and Beethoven Salazar) admit they have no idea how they'd respond if somebody were to kiss them and do so before a fight. Arzamandia stands up in front of the room and cuts a very apologetic promo to his teammates, admitting that he was wrong to act how he did. He details his hang out with the San Antonio Pride group and OMG @ Erick Moreno saying he got a field trip and nobody else did. In a pretty candid moment, Cesar Delgado pulls Enrique Arzamandia aside and tells him that IF he's being honest then he appreciates him but if he's lying "I want you to get KO'd in twenty seconds." Delgado had a sister who was stabbed for being gay and so he always tries to remember her. In fact, he reveals that his flag message is about his sister and in support of her situation so he takes this shit very personally. Enrique swears he's being truthful about his remorse and so Delgado shakes his hand, admitting that when he looked in Arzamandia's eyes he saw a man who was sorry.

*The next morning, Enrique Arzamandia hops on the scale and he's 177 lbs. THAT weight cut is going to suck and he knows it, admitting right off the bat that he's been having a hard time losing weight because his wife normally helps him cut weight. The team devises a plan to help him get his weight down and it legit sounds like starvation. Despite having a PROFESSIONAL cook on their squad, the guys devise a plan that involves sucking ice cubes and eating green peas every day. The idea is to ween it off and then sauna the rest. Arzamandia, in a confessional, is insanely truthful about that being a stupid idea BUT he believes in trusting his team to pull this off.

*Carlos Cruz shows up at the gym the next day and he wants the fighters to all do him a favor. He wants to give them the day off from training EXCEPT for the two fighters competing this week! Everybody seems cool with that but Carlos says it's at a catch. They won't be training---but they WILL be doing yoga instead! The crew all seems confused and Felipe Vela believes that's for girls and not for men. Juan Davila is tired of being in the gym and getting beat up each day so he welcomes yoga. There's 14 fighters in the houses minus 2 for training so it's up to 12 fighters to make the decision here. Carlos Cruz holds it up to a vote---and YOGA wins 9-3! "Just do something different" says Calvo Santos while Diego Valenzuela and Beethoven Salazar both note that "hot women do yoga and maybe we'll get lucky!"

As such, YOGA is up next!
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Forum Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Created by Chort27 of NGL