Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to PRW!

Information

PRW.com

Upcoming PPV

PRW Champions

Affiliates

Welcome to Professional RPG Wrestling. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Right now, we are set to Admin Approval for all new members. This means that if you sign up, you will not be allowed to post until an admin has approved your account. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it has become a necessary step to stop the flow of spammers joining our boards. For increased chances of joining us, please do not sign up with a disposable email address as these accounts will be banned instantly, again, a necessary step to stop the flow of spammers joining the boards.

Please be patient. We will approve your account ASAP.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Active Multiquote Inactive
Add Reply
Ring Psychology Thread; Please Pin
Topic Started: Apr 6 2011, 01:15 PM (29,534 Views)
Legendary
Member Avatar
STOP POSTING!
I've decided that instead of writing another guide, I'll just assist directly as I would ask all of the other seasoned vets to do.

As yelling at them doesn't work this might.

First notes for Canary and Heist.

Can, I'm glad you're writing more now try and make sense of it. Consider character. Gunnar is established, he's going to be more over than you which means he's going to get the brunt of the offense so until you can make a hot tag; you're going to be the bitch. Take my match for instance. Team 3B is taking the role of the heel team meaning Serial (who is doing so brilliantly) is playing the role of te whipping boy until the hot tag. Also, too many big moves to start. DDT and suplex should never be in the opening post. Slow build, you're in the ME meaning there's no time limit for your match. Take your time.

Heist, not bad, some good detail but again know what role you're playing. Ace is defacto face because he's trying to teach you, a brash arrogant heel, some respect. That means you get the brunt of the offense in but nothing too match ender. I mean you had Ace open with a sharpshooter. Build up and as a heel you're not doing anything too big to start. Mat wrestling and striking has its place here. When Ace gets in some counters use cheap moves to halt it. And when you're going for the end, even though you've been doing the majority of the ass kicking, still go over dirty. A low blow or chairshot, or attack the throat to go for te Koji Clutch.

That's all for now but for the most part you're doing good.
Posted Image
The Annual Matthew Logan Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Technical Excellence

A Little Inspiration

Classic

Trisha aka "Breadquanda," May 8 2014
04:19 AM
All white people do is listen to "dont stop believing" and break iphones

Quoted for truth
Offline Member No PM Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wrath
Member Avatar
Star Child
What'd you think of my first match post? :huh:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Member No PM Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Heavy Metal Hero
Fuck updating things.
I thought the immediate selling of a rivalry with Levitt really helped get across the combative nature of your character. Playing a crisp, brawler with an attitude is a little but cliche - shit, I practically wrote the book on it - but it has a good payoff, in that you work with almost anyone. You're being very careful not to oversell your kicks, while simultaneously showing that they are effective. Of course, the fork spots made me mark, especially the overt reference to the Butcher himself, but that's not really psychology.

There's a lot to learn, but you obviously grasp the basics. You're working the tag element of the match really well, something a lot of fresher RPers have trouble with. Shit, I carried the Undisputed Title, and I still consider my jump to the tag division a step up; until you really learn that psychology, it's way harder to write an original tag match than a singles. Trios gives you a bit more freedom, but also obfuscates some of the central themes you see in standard tag matches, because there are twice as many fresh guys at any given time to work with.

My only gripe is that I'm really having trouble figuring out whether your team is face, heel, or otherwise. Maybe both teams are face, and that's where I'm getting problems, but the crowd direction hasn't been made clear, and while some would consider it nitpicking, I think the crowd reaction is very important to the atmosphere of a match; it allows for the reader to be immersed, and really get their head into that arena. So, work on that, I guess, but don't go overboard. You want to make slow, small changes with these things, or else you'll end up overemphasizing and blowing your match.

Overall, I'm watching that match even more intently than I am 3B vs Los Tigres right now! Don't get your heads swelled; it's more a matter of me knowing what those six are capable of, but still. For a group of rookies, greeners and midcarders, you six are putting on an absolutely enthralling contest, and it's fun to watch. I think everybody, though especially yourself and Levitt, have a lot of RPing potential, and the potential to make that match a real show-stealer.

MATTHEW,May 28 2012
04:14 AM
I'm an elitist, pompous, arrogant, twat that acts like such a tough guy on message boards because I'm a giant pussy in real life.  Truth is, I'm a huge fag and the fact that I wrote a long post comes from my deep-seeded desire to to shove as many cocks into any oriface I have.

I'm an asshole and nobody likes me, so I cry myself to sleep at night because strangers on a message board don't get my depth of character, so rather than improve my attitude, I just pretend to be House and act like I don't care.

I still wet the bed and my parents love me but I ignore them so I can seem tortured soul and feign misery so people will be sympathetic when in fact I'm just a miserable douche.
[/center]

24-11 (11/07/01)
1x Undisputed Champion of Internet Wrestling
1x PRW Tag Team Champion

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Aries
Member Avatar
*bop*
That last statement is either going to make people go "well why bother then?" or "ILL SHOW YOU, YOU GERIATRIC CANADIASIAN BASTARD"
Posted Image

Posted Image
Let's Boogie

Heist
Member Avatar
Infect me with your lovin, fill me with your poison
Agreed in retrospect, i basically disregarded the entire reason for issuing the challenge in the first place, and went directly into heel mode. I got the whole psychology thing down pat as far as 'making sense' goes, I just got sloppy in my opening post, glad you pulled me up on that, i never really considered it at the time, which would go against me in an official match, cheers mate.

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
Aries
Apr 6 2011, 04:58 PM
That last statement is either going to make people go "well why bother then?" or "ILL SHOW YOU, YOU GERIATRIC CANADIASIAN BASTARD"

:lol:

Beautiful. Spoken like a poet.
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Heavy Metal Hero
Fuck updating things.
Joey NOX
Apr 6 2011, 04:59 PM
Aries
Apr 6 2011, 04:58 PM
:lol: Beautiful. Spoken like a poet.

Yeah, a mexican poet, maybe.
MATTHEW,May 28 2012
04:14 AM
I'm an elitist, pompous, arrogant, twat that acts like such a tough guy on message boards because I'm a giant pussy in real life.  Truth is, I'm a huge fag and the fact that I wrote a long post comes from my deep-seeded desire to to shove as many cocks into any oriface I have.

I'm an asshole and nobody likes me, so I cry myself to sleep at night because strangers on a message board don't get my depth of character, so rather than improve my attitude, I just pretend to be House and act like I don't care.

I still wet the bed and my parents love me but I ignore them so I can seem tortured soul and feign misery so people will be sympathetic when in fact I'm just a miserable douche.
[/center]

24-11 (11/07/01)
1x Undisputed Champion of Internet Wrestling
1x PRW Tag Team Champion

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Aries
Member Avatar
*bop*
Esa última declaración o hará a personas van "bien por qué molesta entonces"? o "la EXPOSICION ENFERMA USTED, USTED BASTARDO GERIATRICO de CANADIASIAN"
Posted Image

Posted Image
Let's Boogie

Joey NOX
Member Avatar
OVER 9000!!!
It's a chauvinistic pig attitude of other members on this board with their fucking Mercdes Benzes pretending like they know what great posts are all about. You guys keep strutting that ass, I'll keep dropping the GOODNESS!

THAT MEANS YOU LOGAN, YA CHUMP!!

Good post...
Posted Image

Hot Dawg!

Aries
Member Avatar
*bop*
Joey NOX
Apr 6 2011, 09:09 PM
It's a chauvinistic pig attitude of other members on this board with their fucking Mercdes Benzes pretending like they know what great posts are all about. You guys keep strutting that ass, I'll keep dropping the GOODNESS!

THAT MEANS YOU LOGAN, YA CHUMP!!

Good post...

When you start walking my friend, and you get 10-15 miles on the highway, you wont be, struttin that ass. YALL BE HALF DEAD. YALL BE SO FRICKIN TIRED, YALL COULD HARDLY HOLD THAT ASS UP
Posted Image

Posted Image
Let's Boogie

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · PRW Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Created by Chort27 of NGL