Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to JESC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ukraine 2016 - Jamala - 1944
Topic Started: Feb 13 2016, 10:55 AM (364 Views)
Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
Victoriya Petryk is competing in the second semi final tonight, I think they said the 1st semi was all balladish and the second was the more uptempo xD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Diggiloo
Member Avatar
Malenkiy Prints
She was totally slaughtered by the jury. Verka Serduchka (who wasn't dressed in costume, by the way) was basically rolling his eyes at the fact that she seems to be taking part in every single contest possible as if that was her goal. Ruslana said that she needs to step back and stop being diva-ish just because she is 'well known' across Europe. All of the jury members also said that her song is unoriginal and even though she has good looks and great vocals, it means nothing to just sing a song from Swedish producers that offered the song to her (it was given to her for free, by the way). Poor her, they didn't quite trash anybody else quite like her :P

Nebo
The Best Is Yet To Come
The jury left her second last. For me Victoria was actually the best tonight, though the overall level wasn't that high.

I'll be supporting Jamala and The Hardkiss in the final! :thumbsup:

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
Viktoria didnt deserve the backlash to be honest. Yes she seems a bit cocky but..dang the jury is harsh..to everyone. Her song wasnt the best but compared to some crap they had..

I really dislike Ukraine this year and Ruslana is annoying the crap out of me...all she says is they need to add something Ukrianian to their song.. Okay xD

My favorite is The Hard Kiss but it is rigged for yucky Jamala anyway so I dont care about this NF xD

Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
Victoriya and the song not in English were the best. The Hardkiss should win the final, but yes it will probably be Jamala.

Joni
Member Avatar
The Start
Diggiloo,Feb 13 2016
10:54 PM
She was totally slaughtered by the jury. Verka Serduchka (who wasn't dressed in costume, by the way) was basically rolling his eyes at the fact that she seems to be taking part in every single contest possible as if that was her goal. Ruslana said that she needs to step back and stop being diva-ish just because she is 'well known' across Europe. All of the jury members also said that her song is unoriginal and even though she has good looks and great vocals, it means nothing to just sing a song from Swedish producers that offered the song to her (it was given to her for free, by the way). Poor her, they didn't quite trash anybody else quite like her :P

Is she really well-known? I can't blame them for not liking her, she and her sister have kind of ruined themselves by looking so cheap (especially the younger sister, can you look more awful than this: https://pp.vk.me/c628524/v628524514/36c3c/C06mRB1z6iw.jpg

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
Why is the Hardkiss so fanwanked? It's tooooo hipster, boring. But the entire NF is hipster and dull!

Nebo
The Best Is Yet To Come
Jamala won!! :D This is amazing, she's really great. <3

Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
I really like the chorus, but ugh the political aspect and her grave way of performing it bugs me. Also, The Hardkiss should have won.

zsb37105qtyz
Thalassa, helios, aeras, fotia
Well its something different at least, not really my cup of tea though

Liana
Member Avatar
Hej Mali
Congratulions Jamalahttp://wiwibloggs.com/2017/11/29/jamala-pregnant/202778/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Stockholm 2016 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

360 by Doffy90 of Zathyus Networks Resources