Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to JESC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
News
Topic Started: Feb 28 2013, 02:41 PM (1,774 Views)
Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
So Maria posted on her official Ask.fm account that she is studying and wants to study drama in Madrid, in order to become an actress as well as continue with music. So let's hope it works out for her. And finally she posted a picture confirming her twitter, I knew it was her but everyone keeps calling her a fake xD

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
What's her twitter? Not that I would understand her tweets anyway but xD
I am happy she is studying and wish her good luck with what she wants to do :)

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
@mari679 :D She's so nice too she always re-tweets me and favorites my tweets when I send things to her xD

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
Mari, Georgian xD Where did her looks go seriously! What is the point of her studying drama, she should be famous by now!

Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
Thank you Sara :)

Mari is a common name here too Dara. I think she might as well study now and try to make it again later a bit independently of her career as a child.

Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
See you next week
Stardust,Mar 1 2013
06:19 AM
What is the point of her studying drama, she should be famous by now!

Not. :P

Seriously though, what does studying drama have to do with being famous? "Being famous" doesn't mean you can play professionally on the theatre or television.

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
She was recently on a show in Spain being interviewed..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7E8CPvRpi4[/YOUTUBE]

This is a very rough translation because I wanted to do it fast xD But she says interesting information

First he introduces her as an artist, solo singer, actress, model, presenter (los lunnis), and she won JESC 2004 and is known by all, especially young people.

"Good evening Maria Isabel Lopez Rodriguez"
"Good evening Diego"
"I'm so pleased to be with you this evening"
"Same here"
"How do you feel about being on this little show?"
"I can't wait to start"
"Before JESC you were so young, how did you get started in such a little town such as Ayamonte? How did you get your song known by the world?
"In Ayamonte? I did competition after competition all over, at fairs especially before I presented the song to JESC"
"How was your experience when you were being selected to represent Spain in JESC?"
"This is what happened, my brother called me and told me about the program, he sent me a message, and in just a little time my mom had me entered and that's how I got to JESC. It started with 16,000 kids, and only one could win it."
"Great, you must have felt so good"
"Yes"
"Antes Muerta Que Sencilla was a sensation, number 1, and went to many countries such as Japan, United States (Miami particularly), Mexico, it was very special to have your song become international when you were just 9 years old. And by this point you gained such an immense popularity, how did you feel?"
"I never would have thought that I was the type of person that would be known all over the world, I didn't realize it had become so big, but when I did realize everything was just a game, I was very young."
"Great, well then you released your 2nd CD, Maria Isabel Numero 2, that one also became number 1 all over Europe, how did this interfere with your studies?"
"No, it didn't interfere, everything I did was professional, I took vacations during the weekends because I didn't want to miss any school and fall behind."
"Next came your 3rd CD, Capricornio, with 15 songs, you were still very young when you released this one, too. What were some of your memories from this time?"
"I don't remember much, I just remember doing a lot of concerts for my fans, and of course it was a smaller fan base. But I think my best memories from this was just the style of the concerts, the people just came to see me and they just loved me, I sang to all of the people, and we had so much fun, I really liked it, this is what I remember from that time period."
"Great, and how wonderful that you like to read books, too"
"Yes, I loved reading geography books, there are so many countries, and I love getting to know and learn about different cultures, different people, different cities, the world is so beautiful, yes"
"Next came the world of cinema for you, Angeles SA [he names the actors she worked with], it was a success. It was released in 12 countries, what do you think about working in cinema, did you like it?"
"Well, yes, I loved it, actually, my mom told me that in Santa Monica, California, the movie won an award, but I wasn't able to go. But other awards were won in different places, and I liked doing it a lot, but not as much as now."
"I see, over the years you change, etc, you did a lot in just 10 years and now you're 19, a lot changes, next you went into the television world, [he names off different shows she's been on, emphasis on Los Lunnis]. You were the presenter in Los Lunnis, did you like it?"
"They are two very different worlds, presenting and singing, I love it all, I did it because I knew I would like it, do you know what I mean? I had fun doing it. It was a pleasure of mine to do it."
"Los Lunnis was for very young children"
"Yes, it was a time in my life that everything was totally changing, from a singer to a presenter, and yes, a lot of children were recognizing me and asking if I was in Los Lunnis and I would say oh yes that's me, and after a year I stopped working with them"
"Also, you've been in the fashion world, especially with Carmen Vega and her flamenco fashion shows [Simof], you did it for many years already"
"Yep, and this year, too I'll be in Simof, also with Carmen Vega and again, I liked it!"
"What do you like the most?"
"I think I like everything the same, everything related to one another and I like them all, but I really love fashion and walking down the runway."
"You aren't a very typical flamenco artist, very beautiful, blonde, this isn't what everyone imagines a flamenco girl to look like, usually it's a dark skinned girl, dark hair. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, [here he asks about something I never heard of that she did and asks about her experience, it's possible they are still talking about fashion shows]"
"Everything was nice, amazing people, I was very proud to be able to participate with them, and with many more artists that also participated"
"There was a moment in which you studio kind of went away/took a break, and of course there aren't that many weekends in which you can keep taking breaks, except when you were doing Los Lunnis"
"Los Lunnis were two weekends in the month and only the weekend in the mornings, we did little at a time, and you know the episodes are so short and I had time to do other things."
"How do you feel about the change, it used to be everyone, children, wanting photos with you, autographs, you were super well known by everyone, everyone wanted to know what was going on with you, but then there was silence, and only Ayamonte knew who you were.."
"For me it wasn't the significant, the only thing that really changed was the fact I wasn't travelling as much as I used to, but nothing changed too significantly, whenever I go outside, I still have people asking for pictures, but they get confused, they ask themselves is that really Maria Isabel? But then they ask me and when I say yes they ask for pictures, but of course it's nothing as extreme as it used to be of course, it's much more calm."
"The year that you won JESC, songs that use to be big like the Macarena stopped being big and everyone was singing AMQS instead, everyone knew that song, how did your life change?"
"Well, everyone knew who I was.." (sorry this part is a little rough, I have no idea what he asked her exactly)
"Did this affect you a lot?"
"No, I think it was all for the good, everything is normal now, everything was for the best"
"After years of silence, are you preparing anything new?"
"Yes, right now I am preparing for a new CD, and I'm recording a new single, and then later the CD will be released, everything is going well, and I think everything will go well with this CD"
"And I'm sure everyone is excited like your fans, they have been waiting so long, so you have a date?"
"No"
He asked her another question I didn't catch
"I'm recording in Madrid, I really love it, well as you can probably tell, I like everything haha"
"You just have the soul of an artist, you do everything so well, sing, art, fashion, cinema, dance, school, everything, in your future what would you like to do, I heard you want to open your own fashion line?"
"Yes with shoes and fashion"
"For all ages?"
"Yes, I love the shoe world and I just want to be known as the women who is really well dressed, but I don't want people to focus on the clothes, but the shoes, I love shoes so much and that's why I want to open my own shoe line"
"What would it be called?"
"Antes Muerta Que Sencilla would be the name of course"
"I do remember you released perfume with your 2nd CD with your name 'Maria Isabel Numero 2'"
"Yes, it went really well, it smelled really good"
"Do you like wearing perfume?"
"Yes"
"Maria Isabel, Ayamonte, your town, everyone knows you, you have your own park there, I've been there it's very nice, I live very close, I love it there for the culture."
"It's very touristic"
"Is there any place in Spain that is more beautiful?"
"No no no, Ayamonte, the entire town is in support of me, for me that makes me so proud."
"I would assume so"
"It's my town, it's very different to find exactly where you belong, but I know it's there for me"
"A lot of people pass through Ayamonte to get to Portugal and people pass it and know it's your town"..

there's a second part that I will do soon, but I thought you guys may be interested. Sorry for any typos and whatever I went so fast xD

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
That is interesting, I wish he asked more about jESC. Kind of sad she doesn't remember her days of fame much xD

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah, I want to know more about the selection process and stuff for JESC

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktCLiCt4yR0[/YOUTUBE]

Starts with the guy, starts at a random point

I can't capture the emotion she uses but she is very genuine throughout this part, it's very serious

"Daydreams?"
"Yes, daydreams, I think that everything I wish for will happen, and this is a form of daydreaming for me"
"Do you have any particular dream?"
"Yes, I just want success, that my fans keep following me and believing in me, that is the most important thing for me, my fans"
"What is your favorite word in the dictionary?"
"Amor [love]"
"How beautiful"
"Amor, it's the word I like the best"
"What word do you hate?"
"Egotistical"
"What is the best attitude you can have?"
"What attitude? Well, a positive one, no? That everything will turn positive in the world"
"What attitude do you dislike the most?"
"Stuck up attitudes, just everything bad that a person can be, I want them as far away from me as possible"
"What can you say about the word amor?"
"Well the word amor [love], is something that everyone in the world wishes for, you give it, you receive it, if you don't have love, you have nothing."
"What about the word 'amistad' [friendship]?"
"Amistad is a happy word, too. I want to be a really good friend to all of my friends, but it's hard, you have bad experiences with that, I've had bad experiences, but in the end you always find out who your real friends are."
"Picking a friend seems hard for you?"
"I've had good friends since I was young that are still my friends now."
"Maria Isabel, you are very young, but what is the best memory you have ever had"
"Well the year of Eurojunior and Eurovision, for me that was the best experience in my life" [she was going to say something else but stopped herself and told him to continue asking what he wanted to ask]
"How do you remember it, the situation, would you want to be in that situation again, were you nervous?"
"Yes, of course, I had no idea I was going to win, the day before was just a really fun day, it was just a normal day, but during the voting I kept hearing Spain 12 points, 12 points, 12 points, and the girls I was with were going crazy, that is the best memory for me."
"Probably really amazing for you family, too?"
"Yes, my family in Isla Cristina and Ayamonte, I'm sure they felt just how I felt"
"How do you see your future?"
"In the future I see a lot of work, preparing, spending time with my family of course, but I just want to be a good person, I don't want to miss anything dealing with my family, though."
"Do you have anything in your life, a moment perhaps, that holds a significant meaning to you, something that gets you emotional?"
"Yes, yes, this is what I was going to tell you before, this was a very beautiful experience, there was a boy who was in a coma for a very long time, and the mom didn't know what to do with the child to make him wake up from the coma, but before he was in a coma he loved to listen to music, so then the mom in the hospital put headphones in the boy with my song and the next day he woke up and the boy said it was because he listened to me"
"How beautiful [he tells a story about an experience he had in which he helped someone], okay, what controls the imagination, the mind or the heart?"
"I would think that it would be the heart, but I can see the mind, too, but I think the heart, yeah"
"What is happiness to you?"
"That my family is well"
"What's something you like to do for fun?"
"I like going to carnivals all year round. I like dressing up"
"Tell me a movie that you really liked as a child"
" [sorry I didn't catch the title of the movie, it wasn't recognizable to me] "
"Now a song"
"Halo by Beyonce"
"A flower"
"A rose"
"Do you have a question for me?"
"Hm a question.. okay.. oh here's one, who was the most difficult person to have to interview, one that made you go "pffuhhh" xD ?"
"I guess not too difficult, but one week I interviewed a girl who was blind, a girl who was a presenter for canal sur, writer, journalist, it ended up being more complicated than I anticipated to interview someone without sight, because they don't experience the same things we do, their feelings are different. I couldn't look her in the eyes, so I didn't know her perception very well. But it was amazing, she is the only person in the world who is blind to be on a new television channel as a presenter. She was so nice, we talked about her writing, but I didn't really have a point of reference since I couldn't look her in the eyes. Maria Isabel, you seem very intelligent, nice, happy, beautiful"
"Thank you, thank you so much Diego"
"Alright, now we are going to change the music to a song...[this part doesn't matter, they listen to the song..]... xD okay Maria Isabel, if you could pick anyone to sit and have a coffee with and chat, who would you pick?"
"Ashton Kutcher, I like him a lot"
"Are you sure, positive?"
"Hahahha no, but I love him as an actor"
"Imagine it's raining out side, it's depressing outside, and you need an umbrella, who do you want to bring you an umbrella?"
"A part from my boyfriend, my mom, my mom is my entire life, she would do anything for me, she taught me wrong from right, my life wouldn't be the same without her, if I could pick anyone to be stuck with for the rest of my life it would be her"
"Do you like to hug?"
"I love it, well, not if I'm cold, I love them when they are full of love"
"Makes sense, you have love, proximity, some people may feel a little embarrassment to hug people"
"Not in general, but I'm not going to go around hugging everyone in the world"
"What was the best gift that one can make/give?"
"Well, the best word I picked from the dictionary - love. You can give love every day."
"What do you prefer a smile or a kiss?"
"A smile."
"A look/gaze or caress?"
"A look can say a lot"
"Health, money, love, what else?"
"A job, happiness, and that's it"
"Do you remember the last time you cried? Why?"
"Yes, it was just a little bit ago, my dog died, and he was very special in my heart and that's why I got a tattoo on my hand [she shoes the tattoo, it says coco and has paw prints on it]"
"Maria Isabel, close your eyes, think of the best time in your life, think of who you want to share this moment with"
"My family including my grandpa, and my boyfriend, these people are the most important in my life right now."
"What would you like to say to them?"
"I would thank them for everything and for being there with me, that no matter what happens we will get through the bad things together, because you can't have good without bad and thank them for everything."

This was a beautiful interview.. I love it.. very special. It makes me love Maria Isabel not only as a singer, but as a person, she was very professional.

Alain Muriel
Funky Lemonade
it was a shame there was no question about her possible participation for Spain at adult ESC in the future :yell:

Alain Muriel
Funky Lemonade
Sara,Feb 7 2014
01:44 AM
Yeah, I want to know more about the selection process and stuff for JESC

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktCLiCt4yR0[/YOUTUBE]

Starts with the guy, starts at a random point

I can't capture the emotion she uses but she is very genuine throughout this part, it's very serious

"Daydreams?"
"Yes, daydreams, I think that everything I wish for will happen, and this is a form of daydreaming for me"
"Do you have any particular dream?"
"Yes, I just want success, that my fans keep following me and believing in me, that is the most important thing for me, my fans"
"What is your favorite word in the dictionary?"
"Amor [love]"
"How beautiful"
"Amor, it's the word I like the best"
"What word do you hate?"
"Egotistical"
"What is the best attitude you can have?"
"What attitude? Well, a positive one, no? That everything will turn positive in the world"
"What attitude do you dislike the most?"
"Stuck up attitudes, just everything bad that a person can be, I want them as far away from me as possible"
"What can you say about the word amor?"
"Well the word amor [love], is something that everyone in the world wishes for, you give it, you receive it, if you don't have love, you have nothing."
"What about the word 'amistad' [friendship]?"
"Amistad is a happy word, too. I want to be a really good friend to all of my friends, but it's hard, you have bad experiences with that, I've had bad experiences, but in the end you always find out who your real friends are."
"Picking a friend seems hard for you?"
"I've had good friends since I was young that are still my friends now."
"Maria Isabel, you are very young, but what is the best memory you have ever had"
"Well the year of Eurojunior and Eurovision, for me that was the best experience in my life" [she was going to say something else but stopped herself and told him to continue asking what he wanted to ask]
"How do you remember it, the situation, would you want to be in that situation again, were you nervous?"
"Yes, of course, I had no idea I was going to win, the day before was just a really fun day, it was just a normal day, but during the voting I kept hearing Spain 12 points, 12 points, 12 points, and the girls I was with were going crazy, that is the best memory for me."
"Probably really amazing for you family, too?"
"Yes, my family in Isla Cristina and Ayamonte, I'm sure they felt just how I felt"
"How do you see your future?"
"In the future I see a lot of work, preparing, spending time with my family of course, but I just want to be a good person, I don't want to miss anything dealing with my family, though."
"Do you have anything in your life, a moment perhaps, that holds a significant meaning to you, something that gets you emotional?"
"Yes, yes, this is what I was going to tell you before, this was a very beautiful experience, there was a boy who was in a coma for a very long time, and the mom didn't know what to do with the child to make him wake up from the coma, but before he was in a coma he loved to listen to music, so then the mom in the hospital put headphones in the boy with my song and the next day he woke up and the boy said it was because he listened to me"
"How beautiful [he tells a story about an experience he had in which he helped someone], okay, what controls the imagination, the mind or the heart?"
"I would think that it would be the heart, but I can see the mind, too, but I think the heart, yeah"
"What is happiness to you?"
"That my family is well"
"What's something you like to do for fun?"
"I like going to carnivals all year round. I like dressing up"
"Tell me a movie that you really liked as a child"
" [sorry I didn't catch the title of the movie, it wasn't recognizable to me] "
"Now a song"
"Halo by Beyonce"
"A flower"
"A rose"
"Do you have a question for me?"
"Hm a question.. okay.. oh here's one, who was the most difficult person to have to interview, one that made you go "pffuhhh" xD ?"
"I guess not too difficult, but one week I interviewed a girl who was blind, a girl who was a presenter for canal sur, writer, journalist, it ended up being more complicated than I anticipated to interview someone without sight, because they don't experience the same things we do, their feelings are different. I couldn't look her in the eyes, so I didn't know her perception very well. But it was amazing, she is the only person in the world who is blind to be on a new television channel as a presenter. She was so nice, we talked about her writing, but I didn't really have a point of reference since I couldn't look her in the eyes. Maria Isabel, you seem very intelligent, nice, happy, beautiful"
"Thank you, thank you so much Diego"
"Alright, now we are going to change the music to a song...[this part doesn't matter, they listen to the song..]... xD okay Maria Isabel, if you could pick anyone to sit and have a coffee with and chat, who would you pick?"
"Ashton Kutcher, I like him a lot"
"Are you sure, positive?"
"Hahahha no, but I love him as an actor"
"Imagine it's raining out side, it's depressing outside, and you need an umbrella, who do you want to bring you an umbrella?"
"A part from my boyfriend, my mom, my mom is my entire life, she would do anything for me, she taught me wrong from right, my life wouldn't be the same without her, if I could pick anyone to be stuck with for the rest of my life it would be her"
"Do you like to hug?"
"I love it, well, not if I'm cold, I love them when they are full of love"
"Makes sense, you have love, proximity, some people may feel a little embarrassment to hug people"
"Not in general, but I'm not going to go around hugging everyone in the world"
"What was the best gift that one can make/give?"
"Well, the best word I picked from the dictionary - love. You can give love every day."
"What do you prefer a smile or a kiss?"
"A smile."
"A look/gaze or caress?"
"A look can say a lot"
"Health, money, love, what else?"
"A job, happiness, and that's it"
"Do you remember the last time you cried? Why?"
"Yes, it was just a little bit ago, my dog died, and he was very special in my heart and that's why I got a tattoo on my hand [she shoes the tattoo, it says coco and has paw prints on it]"
"Maria Isabel, close your eyes, think of the best time in your life, think of who you want to share this moment with"
"My family including my grandpa, and my boyfriend, these people are the most important in my life right now."
"What would you like to say to them?"
"I would thank them for everything and for being there with me, that no matter what happens we will get through the bad things together, because you can't have good without bad and thank them for everything."

This was a beautiful interview.. I love it.. very special. It makes me love Maria Isabel not only as a singer, but as a person, she was very professional.

see this link for more information about how the Spainish chose Maria Isabel

http://esckaz.com/2005/2004.htm

Caroline (jescgirl)
My Vmeste
Thank you thank you thank you Sara <3

Esref
Member Avatar
Candy Music
Thank you Sara, this was really interesting.. it's so weird to see how mature she behaves like a lady when she is still 9 year old to me xD

Stelliie1994
Member Avatar
Desde El Cielo
Thank you for translating the interview Sara!
I asked my friend but she couldn't understand it very good she was distracted from the background music xD

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
The background music was very distracting at first so I can understand why she had trouble xD Especially because it was in English so I would pay more attention to that xD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · María Isabel · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

360 by Doffy90 of Zathyus Networks Resources