Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to JESC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Rankings - After the show!; How did they change?
Topic Started: Nov 21 2008, 10:25 PM (5,815 Views)
Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
Rank based on Junior eurovision 2008 here. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
Here is my rankings-

1. Lithuania- I may be a little bias because she was my favorite, but I think she had great energy, and a wonderful performance
2. Macedonia- Another great performance, considering he was sick, you couldn't even tell.
3. Romania- So disappointed they placed low, I think they deserved higher obviously. Madalina has a great voice and I'm surprised the juries didn't see that considering they are "musical geniuses"
4. Belarus- I really wasn't sure where to exactly put these girls, so I picked here, their performance was entertaining, I liked that most of all.
5. Greece- Another one I'm disappointed about, Niki's voice sounded phenomenal during her performance, and I loved her outfit. She didn't get one point til the end, I was getting frustrated.
6. Serbia- I never really liked this one, but after I watch the rehearsals and tonight, I actually really like the melody and her voice. Surprised she ended low, too.
7. Cyprus- Their voices have really gotten better from when I first heard them, especially Charis'..I couldn't recognize them, though, they were wearing so much makeup, but again another entertaining performance.
8. Russia- I hated him before tonight. I thought I was going to rank him last, but his song is actually very very good. I love his voice and his dancers..they were all very talented.
9. Malta- I am so surprised he got 4th!!! I was actually excited for him because I liked his performance, but not as much as others, of course. Great job Malta =]
10. Ukraine- I am so mad she receive 2nd. Her voice was not strong throughout her whole performance...and she needs to work on her breathing, they shouldn't have made her dance so much if she couldn't handle it...but I guess it doesn't really matter anyway haha
11. Belgium- I thought he was okay, I don't really like his voice and..i don't know. lol.
12. Georgia- <_< No comment really..They weren't very together. I used to like them a lot..but not anymore.. Did something happen to the girl's skirt at the end? She was like holding it up or something.. But yeah..I definately did not think they deserved first.
13. Bulgaria- What on earth was up with her glasses? I think if she would have worn a more..I don't know the word..serious (I guess) outfit she would have got more points even though that shouldn't count. I did like her dancer's outfit's though.
14. Netherlands- I never liked her, her voice is just too old fashioned for me, same with her song
15. Armenia- 15th place explains it all pretty much..lol

:ph43r:

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
I can't watch for a few days but, I agree about Ukraine, she gets so breathless!

Annika
Member Avatar
secrets & sugarcubes
1. Lithuania: AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING deserved to win!
2. Serbia: why on earth did the end so LOW??? unfair :(
3. Malta: wow! excellent performance
4. Belarus: Belorussian best entry ever
5. FYR Macedonia: the song was good, but not the best same for the performance
6. Romania: where was the ball they had in the national final? i missed it :P
and the rest i don't know
i think Armenia improved but it was overrated
Bulgaria improved also

Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
Just your friendly UN arbitrator
1. Georgia - GREAT, fully deserved winner! :D
2. Lithuania - so cute a girl and so nice a song! :wub:
3. Serbia - should be in top 10 at least
4. Ukraine - nice song, screwed performance
5. Belarus - nice! :P
6. Malta - rock 'n' roll is back! :P
7. FYR Macedonia - overrated

Esref
Member Avatar
Candy Music
Ukraine - Great performance!! ;)
Armenia - should be in top 5 :(
Serbia - should be at least top 10 :angry:
Belarus - One of the bests :D
Netherlands - Great for me but not for the others :)
Georgia - Powerful song with great music :P
Lithuania - Super vocal ;)
Greece - Deserved much better :angry:
Romania - Not bad :unsure:
Malta - Good song but his voice is a bit weird <_<
Bulgaria - Deserved better :(
Cyprus - Very basic song :blink:
Belgium - Too adult :)
Russia - BORING!! :huh:
Macedonia - Awful :angry:

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
Macedonia - No where near the standard of the nf, but hey, I love this song, I must put it first :D

Ukraine - Very well performed, much improved! Still breathing trouble though.

Lithuania - Good as always :)

Malta - Very well done, along with Serbia!

Cyprus - Really well done, too bad about the dead audience.

Romania - Not as good as national final, I forgot them too much, always well done though.

Belarus - Not as good as their national final but still I like the song :D

Georgia - Horribly performed compared to rehearsals. Still... cute.. fun.. :)

Belgium - Oh Oliver, what happened to your voice?

Serbia - One of the best performances, but sadly the song is nothing special.

Greece - Niki did well, could have had a bit more charisma.
Bulgaria - They did well, just misunderstood :P

Netherlands - She did well.. bad outfits.. the song isn't enough to do well.
Armenia - Well performed but not good for jesc, you can't get into it.

Russia - WAYYYY improved, but still, Zz.

Diggiloo
Member Avatar
Malenkiy Prints
1. Romania - I loved this entry; it was a great entry, had a great message, a very strong singer and overall a great performance :D The only thing was, Madalina (the main singer) missed her cue to start singing by about 0.1 of a second.. if you listen to the start of Salvati Planeta you'll notice it..

2. Armenia - When I heard this song at the National Final, i thought it was awful.. but, when I heard the (vastly improved) new version of the song, I loved it. They managed to turn the entry from a flop to a great entry, the only 'ballad' of the contest too :D

I'll do the rest tomorrow, i need sleep :D

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
Would Serbia be described as a ballad? What about Russia?

I agree that Monika manged to improve so much :o It still lacked.. something.. I think early running order killed it a bit.

Poor Romania, they were pretty ripped off really.

Sara
Member Avatar
Administrator
I agree, ROmania was soo good!

Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
Yes Dara, Serbia is a ballad! :)

Armenia is growing on me too :X
But that's unfair, countries like Romania Armenia and Georgia changed their songs after the NFs...

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
You're allowed to change it, as long as it's still basically the same. Russia 2005 had 3 totally different songs. Russia 2007 changed a lot.
Romania made theirs way worse I think.
Watch Russia 2008's NF and jESC songs.. WAYYYY better!

Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
Well, i'm not sure that the rules of EBU say that a song can change... hardly one rule is followed by those eastern countries... the songs are surely changed by adults :angry:

Esref
Member Avatar
Candy Music
second version of armenian song is really great.. :D

Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
esrefbahadir,Jan 1 2009
11:19 AM
second version of armenian song is really great.. :D

Yep! :P

Here are my ratings:

1. Romania: Could be nice, but it lacked… something. Plus, it got a bit too repetitive at the end.

2. Armenia: Very awful at the NF, it had a huge facelift and the studio version was a bit better, I hated her at the JESC final (where she and her dancers were wearing those silk carpets), but now she’s growing on me.

3. Belarus: Not as good as the NF, but still good. Their voices had a little problem though.

4. Russia: He left me indifferent after the NF, the same after the studio version was released… But his final performance was pretty good, despite the fact that he looked more gypsy than ever with that white costume. <_<

5. Greece: A very dull performance of a very dull song by Niki, maybe she tried her best, but that wasn’t enough to avoid the last positions.

6. Georgia: The WINNERS!!! The only 100% kids song of JESC 2008! It deserved the win!!! :D :D :D

7. Belgium: Ideally, his song could have been a top 8 song, maybe a top 5. But it was too adulty for a contest like JESC. Plus, his dancers made unnecessary movements most of the time. If he singed solo on stage, that would be much better for me.

8. Bulgaria: LOL, did she really thought that she’d avoid the bottom with these glasses??? They were okay for me, I liked them, but it seems she didn’t take her song seriously.

9. Serbia: The most underrated song of all JES contests. Yes, maybe she was boring (I doupt it), but… only 12th??? C’mon guys!!! :o

10. Malta: I don’t really understand Malta… Their good songs went badly and their bad ones went well!!! :o Okay, it wasn’t that bad, but he left me with a feeling that I’ve heard his song somewhere…

11 . Netherlands: Just like Belgium, too mature. But it had a nice tune, so count it to my favorites.

12. Ukraine: Well, I hated her after the NF, but I started to like her afterwards and at the JESC night she was my second favorite after Bzikebi… :P She could have done better with her breathing though… :S

13. Lithuania: My third favorite of the evening, Egle was SOOO cute (and she showed that on Lemessos stage… :P)

14. FYR Macedonia: Pfffff… prettiness doesn’t bring good songs Bobi. And I hate rap… <_<

15. Cyprus: The disappointment of the evening IMO. It had the potential to go well, but it sank from the dull performance of the girls…

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Lemesos 2008 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

360 by Doffy90 of Zathyus Networks Resources