Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to JESC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sweden 2004 - Limelights -; the limelights! 15th place
Topic Started: Oct 20 2008, 05:15 AM (1,661 Views)
Kosm1fent
Member Avatar
Just your friendly UN arbitrator
lucas,Jul 25 2012
02:31 AM
THe blonde has gotten fat, hasnt she.

So rude. xD
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lucas
Member Avatar
Molly Sanden Fanboy.
Kosm1fent,Jul 25 2012
04:55 PM
lucas,Jul 25 2012
02:31 AM
THe blonde has gotten fat, hasnt she.

So rude. xD

Sometimes the truth hurts....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stardust
Member Avatar
Web Admin
http://www.junioreurovision.tv/page/blog?i...blom_limelights

Long interview with Liselotte now and in the video she sings the jESC song!!
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZyNOsds91Y[/YOUTUBE]

simonsko
Noviy Den
It hasn't been mentioned previously in the thread (not even in the interview with Liselotte), so I thought I'd give you some information.

Swedish record company owner Bert Karlsson attended Lilla Melodifestivalen this year (which he did the previous year too, and claimed most of the songs should've been disqualified because "the kids' parents had obviously assisted in writing them" (gotta love Bert <3)) and he was mighty impressed with the girls. So much indeed that he talked about having the girls record a full-length album on his Mariann label (where previously Carola and The Herreys released their material). The meeting regarding this was with the mother of one of the girls, since they were in school at that particular moment.
Likely because of the flop in the European final some month later, the album was never realized. Bert commented that "the times when child artists could sell full albums are over" (referring to the 80's pop band The Pinks that he had in his roster (which were even considered for Melodifestivalen at one point)) and that "they're only good for compilations", and so he didn't think it was worth signing them. He also said that the girls didn't win because "the other countries hired professional songwriters", a very classic tactic of his! :D This was before it was allowed, remember?

Besides the record company, Bert was also the leader of New Democracy for a few years in the 90's, which later shut down, partially because of internal difficulties. They supposedly had free access to alcohol during party meetings. He also opened a theme park in the 80's which is still open today, and in recent years he seems to have put his record business aside to focus on opening up refugee camps, which is quite a lucrative business. New Democracy wanted to decrease immigration, and now he makes money off of it! :D

But back to topic now! I personally didn't like the song at the time, and I still don't. There were worse songs that year, so coming 15th didn't make them any justice. There were better songs in that year, like Min gröna ö (which Bert kinda liked) and När jag åker moped (the latter having won if only the televotes had counted), which would've made it better in the JESC.
As for "extensive touring", I don't know how broadly she defined extensive. I live in the 5th biggest country in Europe, but most of the people and cities are in the south. My nearest city (which is in the technically geographical center but geocultural north) is not particularly big, so I find it doubtful that the tour was extensive enough to get there. Otherwise I might have known at the time, but likely not bothered going to see them. I'm curious as to what other songs they had besides Varför jag, since it sounds kinda weird to go on tour with just one song! Ah well, I hope they're alright. Liselotte is at least fairly active on Soundcloud, so she seems alright!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Lillehammer 2004 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

360 by Doffy90 of Zathyus Networks Resources