Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Add Reply
Castle Wars in Beta
Topic Started: November 10 2012, 10:58 PM (2,947 Views)
TinyYoshi
Member Avatar

Alright friends. I've actually spent some amount of time on beta and I've tried learning how the new system works. I'm going to try to cover some of the changes I noticed that affect castle wars. I'll also cover some helpful abilities that would be beneficial in cw.

Life-boost

First off, arma and ahrim alone both give the same amount of hp boost

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amulets

Fury and stream seem to only affect critical percentage rate. No armor rating or life boost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty simple stuff so far. Here's where things get a bit more complicated. Armor doesn't really seem to have 'stats' anymore. It seems to be based solely on effectiveness towards the other classes (melee>range>mage).

Ely is considered a part of the 'ranging' class in beta. So since it's classed as a 'range' item, wearing it will give higher def effectiveness towards magic (since range beats mage).
Posted Image

If you were to wear a divine (classed as melee armor in beta), you'll actually have less def effectiveness towards magic than ely. But you'll have slightly higher def effectiveness towards range (since melee beats range).
Posted Image

If you were to wear wizard boots or ragefires (magic classed items), you would have less def effectiveness towards range but higher towards melee (mage beats melee). Right now we wear magic boots for the defensive magic stat. In beta, it doesn't seem to work that way anymore. Ranging boots seem to give more def effectiveness towards mage than magic boots do.

Here's a pic with bandos with divine showing it's high def effectiveness towards range but really low against mage.
Posted Image

Now I'll show some differences between mage gear. Staves are now 2-handed. So no more chaotic staff or staff of light with arcane. However, wands are still 1-handed which can be used with arcane.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, chaotic staff has higher accuracy than wand + arcane. But with an arcane, you also have higher def effectiveness, armor rating, and life bonus. Here's a pic showing the life boost from arcane alone.

Posted Image

Now I'll cover some of the abilities that I think would be effective for scorers. I think these speak for themselves. You can use these at any time as they don't require any adrenaline.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Defending is going to be a lot harder. All ice spells only freeze for 5 seconds in beta. So we're left with entangle (freezes for 20 seconds now) and this handy ranging ability called 'Binding Shot' which is basically the new zgs for pk def. I don't think this ability 'splashes' but there's an ability called 'freedom' which unfreezes you instantly (30 second cool down). I recorded a small bit demonstrating how binding shot and entangle would work. The combat interface that shows your target may help with knowing if your target is frozen or not or if they use freedom (shown at the end of the vid).

I think castle wars could still be played in beta. It's going to come down to which team can delay the other team from scoring as much as they can. Since scoring seems to be easier, games will probably be much higher than what we're used to.

:kanye:
Dream big. Chase your dreams. Never give up on them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fading souls
Member Avatar

nice tiny!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mizen
Member Avatar

I'm 1 defence, should I wear Leather, Bronze or Wizard Robes for scoring?

Interesting thread though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar
All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i don't break them for no one

sweet, guide
Posted Image

Harmit
Member Avatar
Bocat.

i'm quitting but nice guide
Posted Image

Hotberg

:O

Eric

gonna be interesting first few days

Klas
Member Avatar
Klassy

nice one :)

i tried defending with ancients but those spells r gona be useless, the freeze lasts for max 2 seconds

- the beta worlds are veryy smooth atm so for whoevers not quitting, practice now

Callum
Member Avatar

Makes me want to stay away from combat even more, makes no sense to me at all

Andi
Member Avatar
The Best Just Got Better

Gj on the guide
I think if we use momentum the whole game it might be playable
Don't Click Super Secret Information
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Castle Wars Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Recently active topics:Topic starters: