Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Poll Only
Which Ideas do You like?
The Saturday at 8PM Est event 14 (28%)
The Sunday at 8PM Est event 4 (8%)
Rotating between non-cw and Cw 9 (18%)
Keep Thursday all cw and have some non-cw Saturday 12 (24%)
We shouldn't have a second Event time. 4 (8%)
I don't like either of these ideas (reason why) 7 (14%)
Total Votes: 50
Event Ideas; Read Description and all ideas before you post.
Topic Started: December 5 2010, 02:41 PM (2,137 Views)
Kbtennis
Member Avatar

After yesterdays clear results of no events on Saturdays or Sundays from 12 est to 6pm EST, an idea was brought up. This idea is based on Thursdays event time which is very much more appealing to our Euro members than those who live in the U.S. The Idea is to have a Saturday event at 8 Pm EST. Now I do realize this means it would be 1 Am GMT, but as much as this is inconvenient for our Euro members, Thursday is the opposite, so it's balanced that there's an event time appealing for both majorities of the community.

The second idea would be a roundabout between events being Castle wars and other things that arn't. A rotation cycle would be implemented, rotating which event time has Cw and which has Non-CW. Basically one week the Thursday time would be Castle wars and that same week the Saturday event would be non-cw. The next week Thursday would be non-cw and Saturday would become the Cw event. This would make it so both time zones would be able to have both Cw events and Non-cw, so people who want some Non-cw once and a while, but can't make it to the Saturday event, can do so.

Also.. the Saturday event could possibly go to Sunday if people find that more convenient. But then there is pretty much no chance any Euro members will attend. Since a lot of people stay up past 1 anyways on a Saturday night.

If you live in a Euro time, please do not rant (about the Event time). Euro events are on Thursdays and now we are trying to make an event more appealing to U.S. members.

This thread IS conclusive. If the Saturday event at 8pm is well liked, it will be implemented. You can vote twice, so pick your 2 opinions.

The comments on this thread are only for constructive feedback. If your just going to post a picture of a facepalm or something that has to do with nothing or something else stupid.. its going to be deleted.

Edited by Kbtennis, December 5 2010, 03:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

High Caliber
December 5 2010, 03:27 PM
bach12964
December 5 2010, 03:24 PM
Saturday at 8 est
Rotate events here n there
here come the euros. events are pointless so many different timezones. can't find a medium
Thats why we are trying to split it up into 2 different times, both are "possible" for either side to make, but one is much more convinient for U.S. players and the other is appealing for European players. So now we dont have to find a medium.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

Amy
December 5 2010, 03:47 PM
personally i think we shouldnt have an event every week, that's kind of treating cwc as a clan instead of a community.. I think the very minimum would be every fortnight for cw.

As for non cw events should be every once in awhile like once a month or every 2, only reason because if it always happens it'll start to die out as theres only so much to do on runescape.

but who cares what a noodle thinks !run

I do. :happy2:

And thats a good suggestion, but i think the difference between this and a clan is.. first of all you dont have to come, and theres nobody breathing down your neck, and theres a lot more people (hopefully) then at clan events. But i do see your point.. there is only so much to do but i think some non-cw things are a lot more fun then some people think. And if we are only having like 2 different things a month, but by the time we have to start doing things over again.. people would have forgot or wanted to do it again because it was fun. And after events we will have feedback to see if we ever want to revisit that :cheer2:

But yeah, the bored out factor is a big issue. But then its up to me and xiga to make it fun again !run !run
Edited by Kbtennis, December 5 2010, 03:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

The main reason we want 2 is because the thursday one like nobody in the U.S. can make.. so we wanted to balance it so U.S. people don't feel left out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

Nomorehackin
December 5 2010, 11:00 PM
Why can't we just amsg in irc for events like we used 2....
First i don't think everybody has irc, i think most people do but this just also gives people additional notice so if they want to make an effort to come they can, so dont take a nap or go ride your bike 5 mins before the event.

But i think we will amsg on irc right before it, this just schedule's things out better
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

The world will be chosen (at least on thursdays) within 5 mins of the game to cut down on the sad people who pid. But some people might still pid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kbtennis
Member Avatar

Nomorehackin
December 6 2010, 02:33 AM
or we can just amsg event whenever we want 2 cw like we did back in the old day be4 ur time
Feel free to do that then
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Events · Next Topic »
Poll Only

Recently active topics:Topic starters: