Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Locked Topic
Event Managers
Topic Started: December 4 2010, 03:29 AM (3,887 Views)
Darkstdragon

Event Manager ranks have been introduced to host, advertise, and/or create new events for the community. They are given this responsibility after many of you had said you wished for more events.

Kaybee has come to me with many new ideas for events and has always been active on our forums and in Runescape. The same can be said for Xigabar5 too, they have both showed an interest in the community and have attended the events that have been held so far.

I hope you wish them all the best of luck and I hope to see the CWC events grow over time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

yea sorry about that its going to hide any posts in here because of the awards still going on :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

Deadmanx33
December 4 2010, 03:46 AM
no offense but i thought there are other deserving candidates, more than 2 of these wont hurt maybe someone a bit more well known in the community to actually motivate people to come?
popularity shouldnt matter if your willing and motivated enough

EDIT: but i knew someone was bound to say that when i was making the rank lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

IMNUMBER24
December 4 2010, 04:00 AM
Darkstdragon
December 4 2010, 03:55 AM
Deadmanx33
no offense but i thought there are other deserving candidates, more than 2 of these wont hurt maybe someone a bit more well known in the community to actually motivate people to come?
shouldnt do but it does

the whole concept of the cwc is directly related to elitism so its pointless to try and fight it, ppl wont listen to new members because they r viewed as less experienced and that they know less so ppl wont take them seriously or give a shit about what they say

im not saying these ppl wouldnt b good at it but rather i doubt they would be given a real chance, and having said that i believe there would be WAY better options than these 2 candidates as theyre not exactly ideal
i kno what your saying but im also worried that i give it to someone "well-known" they wont do anything with it
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

IMNUMBER24
December 4 2010, 04:13 AM
Darkstdragon
December 4 2010, 04:02 AM
IMNUMBER24
Darkstdragon
December 4 2010, 03:55 AM
Deadmanx33
shouldnt do but it does

the whole concept of the cwc is directly related to elitism so its pointless to try and fight it, ppl wont listen to new members because they r viewed as less experienced and that they know less so ppl wont take them seriously or give a shit about what they say

im not saying these ppl wouldnt b good at it but rather i doubt they would be given a real chance, and having said that i believe there would be WAY better options than these 2 candidates as theyre not exactly ideal
i kno what your saying but im also worried that i give it to someone "well-known" they wont do anything with it
Yea i agree lol ive tried to think of who would be even willing to try, let alone commit to it enough so that events are successful

Its just a worry about whether or not events would be successful enough to encourage players to return each week (yet this is ultimately down to the individual players themselves) because i no a lot of ppl, myself included, would be put off from attending events if they were going to be just like ur playing in a themed world.

Im pretty confident a lot of ppl here would only be interested in events that provide a similiar experience to being in more organised games like 5v5s and 10v10s and im not sure that some certain ppl would be able 2 cater to this because they dont have the experience of enough of these types of games if all they do is play in a themed world
im not sure how a 5v5 or 10v10 could be considered community events though if it only involves a limited amount of people?

ive also let them know to maybe try something different though, not just cw

so we'll have to see what happens
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

IMNUMBER24
December 4 2010, 04:29 AM
Darkstdragon
December 4 2010, 04:19 AM
IMNUMBER24
December 4 2010, 04:13 AM
Darkstdragon
December 4 2010, 04:02 AM
IMNUMBER24

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Yea i agree lol ive tried to think of who would be even willing to try, let alone commit to it enough so that events are successful

Its just a worry about whether or not events would be successful enough to encourage players to return each week (yet this is ultimately down to the individual players themselves) because i no a lot of ppl, myself included, would be put off from attending events if they were going to be just like ur playing in a themed world.

Im pretty confident a lot of ppl here would only be interested in events that provide a similiar experience to being in more organised games like 5v5s and 10v10s and im not sure that some certain ppl would be able 2 cater to this because they dont have the experience of enough of these types of games if all they do is play in a themed world
im not sure how a 5v5 or 10v10 could be considered community events though if it only involves a limited amount of people?

ive also let them know to maybe try something different though, not just cw

so we'll have to see what happens
i dont mean 5v5 etc persay but more that sort of format, the way u can apply the 5v5 format to larger game scales like 10v10s, 15v15s and 20v20s

events now seem more like orgys of ppl sum1s recruited from the closest themed world to come and score with 50 other ppl no1s ever seen before, would need to see more balance to ensure enjoyable games where 1 team isnt set to win right from the 1st minute because theyre stacked with better players or pid etc idk how u could achieve this but then again no1 ever has and this is the major diseconomy of scale ud have 2 deal with which has normally halted previous attempts at making community based events

imo, the factor missing from the old w129 days (which was where the unofficial cwg/cwc events were held regulary) that made them so successful was the general mentality and ego status of the players back then, people werent so desperate to win fun games and 1 team wouldnt be stacked because if sum1 tried it then others would b on hand to provide an anti stack because it was wat was fun. its just now it appears that more ppl have developed their own god complex meaning they will go as far as taking the fun out of larger games to avoid losing and damaging their own ego because they own so much at castlewars..
i dont want to be on this forever because i think were both making valid points lol
i was there at the end of world 129 and i agree it was probably the best time for cw and the best cw events ive been to but times have changed and we have to start up a new era to deal with the pid and new players' egos

ive gotta say that the last cw event that was held we picked teams and the games ended up pretty close 3-2 and 4-3 for the first two

but back on topic id like to give these two a shot and see what happens, nobody knew me when i became a mod on this site it just takes time to settle in

and to Deadmanx33 - ill see about adding 1 or 2 more people as a manager but i do want to see how just these two fair first

Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

bach12964
December 4 2010, 11:21 PM
Question
So are tgere goin to be more event coordinators to help these guys out
there may be, i havent really decided yet
Offline Profile Goto Top

Darkstdragon

gunna lock this now

and yes the ranks were removed
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Recently active topics:Topic starters: