Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Add Reply
You've become an admin
Topic Started: November 28 2010, 09:16 PM (6,725 Views)
TinyYoshi
Member Avatar

Eventssssssssssssssssssssss

138/157 it up

Really I think that's the only thing we're lacking as a community
Dream big. Chase your dreams. Never give up on them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TinyYoshi
Member Avatar

Totti
November 28 2010, 09:47 PM
There's not all that much 2 do, the lack of events are because of people who say they want more events, but dont do anything about it. so a lack of events is a problem, but only bc the ppl who want them dont make them.. like how shen or whoever used to /amsg w157 picking in 5min. < need more of that
I feel like no one would come if I did that lol >_>

TinyYoshi
Member Avatar

We tried getting more people involved with the community with the jagex tournament. We had a handful of people visit cwc and make intros as well. I saw a lot of warm welcomes, I don't remember anyone degrading any of the new people. The point of the weekly/monthly cw events would be for the new people really, for them to experience what it's like to play with the pros. If we want to recruit more people, the best way to promote cwc would probably be to have open events and post them on rsb. We were fortunate that jagex decided to have a tournament of cw, which gave us the opportunity to get our name out for the first time really.

Also when new people do come on cwc and make their intros, telling us they want to be apart of this community or at least they have some kind of interest in it, add them in game and invite them to one of your clan's events. We are a welcoming community, but I feel like we have to step it up if we want to go through with this 'veterans teach the noobies' and be more open and patient to all new players.

TinyYoshi
Member Avatar

Vintage Tank
November 30 2010, 04:51 PM
Here's an idea, if you AGREE with this, sell your gear and buy old school gear. Who cares if others won't do it, i'm sure a handful of you are willing to try.
  • Scorers: Karils Top\Bottom, Inf boots, Fury, Barrows Gloves-, Mages' book(or DFS)\wand(or ancient staff), Barrows armor for tanking, (or the old school dragon some of us used to use =p)

• Mages: Master wand (if you use master wand, don't autocast) or Ancient Staff (autocast), Mages' book, Inf boots, Ahrims Top\Bottom (or mystic), Fury or 3rd age amulet, Barrows Gloves or Inf Gloves-, DFS for off mage.

• Pk def: Rune c'bow, Fury, Barrows Gloves-, Whip\D Scim, DDS\D Mace, Rune\Climbing Boots, Torso, Dragon\Dh\Torag\Veracs Legs\Skirt with Karils or D'hide, Rune Defender or DFS.

Give it a try, i went back to that gear before i quit cwing, cept i used D'hide\Dragon.. I had alot of fun, actually think i got more splashes than i ever did with arma lol.
We just had an 'old school' event like two weeks ago. There's always gonna be those people that don't listen and bring stuff that's not allowed anyway. It can ruin the fun for some people, then some ragequit

Although I don't think it should stop us from having those kind of events because some people, including myself, have fun anyway even if some people don't play by the rules

Edit: Times have changed. I think we should focus more on what we can do to make things how they are better, rather than going back to how it was in the past
Edited by TinyYoshi, November 30 2010, 09:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Recently active topics:Topic starters: