Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Add Reply
The Jmod Meeting
Topic Started: August 26 2010, 08:49 PM (5,123 Views)
Darkstdragon

So as some or most of you may know we were able to get in touch with a Jagex mod (Mod Kathy) through the Runescape forums and the international cw tournament. The people who attended were Fire Songs, Starrychelx, Dave1346 and me. We had tried to get Nasir but he wasnt available, Kura couldn't make it, and Nate had logged off when everyone else got on. We created the polls on our forums asking which updates the members of cwc liked/disliked which was then turned into a thread on Runescape forums which Mod Kathy had asked us to do. I will say that we honestly followed your ideas to the tee and tried to fit in as much as we could before Kathy had to leave for a lunch break.

This is the message each of the people got who were invited:
Posted Image

The meeting lasted about an hour and a half, which is why there will be no vids to this meeting, and we started off introducing the CWC, who we were, and why we cared so much for the updates. After that we spent a good 15 minutes talking about the Clan Chat vs Clan Chat idea. I honestly thought it was going to be a much simpler meeting where we just gave our ideas and Mod Kathy just responded "Yeah ok, next.." but it was more than that and she seemed to treat us almost as part of the content team asking if we could see any flaws from the system or if anyone could somehow abuse it, which was also covered.

The next thing we covered was the issue about the flag not safing on the rocks anymore. Since Mod Kathy admitted she doesn't play Castle Wars that much we had to lighten up on our cw jargon a bit and use baby terms. She didn't really understand that the flag would randomly go to one side if a person died/dropped the flag on the rocks, she thought it surely went in one teams favor.

Next on the list were the catapults and balistas being too big and too powerful especially if there were a ton of people using it at the same time. We stressed not being able to shoot or cast through them due to their size and Kathy took kindly to our concerns, we had to wait for her at times because she was writing it all down :P .

We then covered the problem of not being able to run through viewing orbs and possibly adding more inside of each castle, the color coding of the barricades, making the clickeable area for the water tap larger and the last thing we got to throw in were the ropes on the walls (being able to use a tinderbox on them and climb back down the rope).

I feel the meeting went smooth and we were heard for possibly the first time in Runscape history. She asked us questions the whole time and also showed an interest in what we had to say. We did not want to invite a ton of people or have it in the open because we wanted it to be a very formal and serious meeting where people did not just blurt out their comments and overwhelm Mod Kathy. I think thats all i have to say and if any of you see Mod Kathy again id ask that you thank her for all the work she has done for us (she will be at the next Global Stars game this Sunday). I would also appreciate if you could thank Rob, Starry and Dave for being on the front line of all of this and being persistent the whole way through.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Songs
Member Avatar
Leader

:)
Edited by Songs, August 26 2010, 08:53 PM.

My TS: ts.firesongs.co.uk:9170
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/F1R3S0NG5

Posted Image
Here for BurstNet High Quality Server Services

AintNoPicnic
Member Avatar
This Aint No Picnic BITCH

sweet
Edited by AintNoPicnic, August 26 2010, 08:57 PM.
Scoring Vid
Defending
Cw Vid 6
Call Of Duty
Posted Image

Starrychelx
Member Avatar
Berry

Nice summary.
Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is

Posted Image

bach12964
Member Avatar

Interesting

Edit:Good work cwc staff. I cannot explain how glad i am that a mod has listened.
Edited by bach12964, August 26 2010, 08:59 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

radar731
Member Avatar
l0l

it was fun!!1
Edited by radar731, August 26 2010, 08:56 PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alley

nice guys, goodluck
[object Event]

|^Anthony^|
Member Avatar
Je moeder op een driewieler

did u talk about the clan war thing
RIP CwL - CwL since Feb 2007 - 17 April 2011

Spm7
Member Avatar
( _) ... ( _)>⌐■-■ ... (⌐■_■)

:DD
Posted Image

Darkstdragon

|^Anthony^|
August 26 2010, 08:58 PM
did u talk about the clan war thing
yea that was part of the cc vs cc thing

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Recently active topics:Topic starters: