Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Locked Topic
Viewable Sections of CWC!
Topic Started: June 1 2010, 07:56 PM (3,221 Views)
Spm7
Member Avatar
( _) ... ( _)>⌐■-■ ... (⌐■_■)

Well I have an idea since were trying to recruit more people and such! It would also be considered a privacy issue for some people as they have 'stalkers' that maybe sometime visit these fourms for information on them.

Our fourms are being visited by a pretty large amount of guests everyday usually after school for Americans and such (currently there's 26 guests viewing our fourms - which is a pretty large amount of people and the same numbers keep turning up everyday it seems). You can't blame them though as like 80% of our fourms are viewable to not even registered users but basically anybody who visits our site! This is probably why some people don't register an account - because there's really no need if you don't want to post or anything. I think this decision will essentially force some people to introduce themselves and in return make our community larger and more diverse than it was before :cheer2:

It would also keep the flamers and such away as we don't need their bullpoo here !turtle

Post any comments/suggestions

Edit: Forgot to say that we should reduce the sections viewable to guests.. maybe to introductions only or something!

Evidence: Posted Image
Edited by Spm7, June 1 2010, 07:59 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Yeah, it's a win-win situation !
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

gary1007
June 1 2010, 10:50 PM
u shud use ur curious george ava again, i liked that 1 it was cute

and ya i support this even tho it cud be jagex!
Jagex staff probably go anonymously or they have an agreement with Nasir and kura about viewing our site or something !

And my avatar is an Ukiki (a badguy from Super Mario and Yoshi games and stuff) and they always use to creep up on me and stuff ffs but I still gots my curious george in my stash
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Kaytee
June 1 2010, 11:19 PM
i mentioned it on shoutbox couple of times now, but glad u made a post for it, i support@
Yup, the other night when you were talking about Pola and her stalking you it made me realize that there must be others (not like her) that browse our fourms but I was too tired to post so did it today !
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Kyle
June 2 2010, 12:48 AM
jardine
June 2 2010, 12:42 AM
i like your evidence, it's very cirkool aidstantial.

wow fail filter much^^?
wtf claire?
what in the world did koala bear girl just say rofl
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Nasir where are you there's 30 guests attacking aaaaaaaaa
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Dillen
June 2 2010, 10:36 PM
any bets 60% of those guests are ppl that dont have their poo saved onto site and are too lazy to put it in everytime they come on just to view rather than post?

regardless i am always logged in so it dm 2 me !
Chrome'd and yeah that's a possibility but they should still log in and post occasionally or something
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

I don't think the irl photo's or any media category should be viewable to guests, I'll take a look at the others later on
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

Alright, taking a look at what guest's can't view, here's the sections:

-Account update and CW tickets lists
-CWC events
-Clan Discussions
-War Discussions & Results

EVERYTHING else is accessible, such as the entire Media category; Pictures (which include IRL pictures guests can view) and Videos & Entertainment, Guides,

I suggest we hide from guests the following categories:

-Forum News
-Guides
-Polls
-Marketplace
-Pictures
-Real life discussions
-Computers (It has some pretty good information which should only be shared among members)
-Discussions and Feedback
-Appeal an Offence

This way we can limit the privacy of our members and also 'advertise' our sections of our site such as the forum games, videos (including CW videos made by our members), various discussions about RS and CW, and Clan news. Hopefully guests will get a taste of what were like and become a part of our community.

Feel free to comment if you see a category here that you would like to be hidden also or why a category shouldn't !

P.S. I'd like to hear what Nasir and Kura have to say and also anybody else whose being considered
Edited by Spm7, June 5 2010, 03:18 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spm7
Member Avatar

radar731
June 5 2010, 04:13 PM
Sean
June 5 2010, 03:14 PM
Alright, taking a look at what guest's can't view, here's the sections:

-Account update and CW tickets lists
-CWC events
-Clan Discussions
-War Discussions & Results

EVERYTHING else is accessible, such as the entire Media category; Pictures (which include IRL pictures guests can view) and Videos & Entertainment, Guides,

I suggest we hide from guests the following categories:

-Forum News
-Guides
-Polls
-Marketplace
-Pictures
-Real life discussions
-Computers (It has some pretty good information which should only be shared among members)
-Discussions and Feedback
-Appeal an Offence

This way we can limit the privacy of our members and also 'advertise' our sections of our site such as the forum games, videos (including CW videos made by our members), various discussions about RS and CW, and Clan news. Hopefully guests will get a taste of what were like and become a part of our community.

Feel free to comment if you see a category here that you would like to be hidden also or why a category shouldn't !

P.S. I'd like to hear what Nasir and Kura have to say and also anybody else whose being considered
good list but i think we should keep forum news open to everyone, if there's something important they should see before registering or something then they should be able to see it

the rest i agree with
Yeah that makes sense !
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Feedback · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Recently active topics:Topic starters: