Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
(!) This board is no longer active please join us in the new '07 CWC: http://w11.zetaboards.com/cwc2007/

Add Reply
Mods do what?
Topic Started: April 12 2009, 03:36 PM (5,171 Views)
Sir Tenure
Member Avatar
All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i don't break them for no one

Seems like more then a few people are upset with mods.

Also seems like the community would like to be able to give more input on how the staff works.

So here is your chance to fix both at one time.

examples of Mod actions:
Pin
Close
Move
Give warnings
Delete posts
Edit topics posts when asked

What do you think, or what would you like mods to do in the community for you :?:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar
All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i don't break them for no one

quindo
Apr 12 2009, 10:53 AM
examples of Mod actions:
Pin - mods dont pin topics...
Close - stop closing threads that people are enjoying...
Move - people with power move spam to recycle bin...whats the point???????/
Give warnings - warning have absolutly no point at all
Delete posts - stop this altogether
Edit topics posts when asked - stop wow

Nice feedback,

I see what you don't like about mods, now what would you want them to do?
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

quindo
Apr 12 2009, 11:16 AM
Sir Tenure
Apr 12 2009, 05:04 PM
quindo
examples of Mod actions:

Nice feedback,

do what i said

you said what mods shouldn't do, but what should we do
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

Vg0
Apr 12 2009, 11:21 AM
i think mods should put priority to schedulin events i couldnt care less about regulating how people act and what they post on the forums tbh =p

I never considered event making as a mods job, more of an admins job, but i can understand what you say.

I think raider is making events now, and also the staff has had a brief discussion on this before.

I'll bring up the idea of a event cord in the staff section, it has already been suggested there but never followed up on.
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

quindo
Apr 12 2009, 11:35 AM
Sir Tenure
Apr 12 2009, 05:18 PM
quindo
Apr 12 2009, 11:16 AM
Sir Tenure
Apr 12 2009, 05:04 PM
quindo
examples of Mod actions:

Nice feedback,

do what i said

you said what mods shouldn't do, but what should we do

examples of Mod actions:
Pin - mods dont pin topics... - no point changing this cause you dont pin stuff anyway
Close - stop closing threads that people are enjoying... - stop closing threads that people are enjoying
Move - people with power move spam to recycle bin...whats the point???????/ - ...
Give warnings - warning have absolutly no point at all - stop giving out useless warnings
Delete posts - stop this altogether - stop this altogether
Edit topics posts when asked - stop wow - stop wow

Ok looks like we are misunderstanding each other.

What would you do as mod, i remember you were in the last for a bit
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

bat
Apr 12 2009, 11:42 AM
quindo said wat i was gonna say

posts shud only be deleted and people shud get suspended or w.e if they break a if rule its only the internet >_>

Since we are using invisionfree, maybe we can go by the rules they use on their own boards? I think they are to harsh, but here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://if.invisionfree.com/boardrules/
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

Helbovie
Apr 12 2009, 11:47 AM
Sir Tenure
Apr 12 2009, 11:27 AM
Vg0
Apr 12 2009, 11:21 AM
i think mods should put priority to schedulin events i couldnt care less about regulating how people act and what they post on the forums tbh =p

I never considered event making as a mods job, more of an admins job, but i can understand what you say.

I think raider is making events now, and also the staff has had a brief discussion on this before.

I'll bring up the idea of a event cord in the staff section, it has already been suggested there but never followed up on.

ye but if he won't get on to lead and try to make an event run smooth then it is pointless. euro vs US... was so pointless, people just went on doing captain events because they don't care about this community I guess or their own selfish reasons idk.

Ya i see your point

I started a thread in the staff section to discuss everything being said here.

In there i suggested Event Cords, that way there will be people who want to set up events instead of having to.

If you have any suggestions on this please add, after all this thread was to hear what you and the community want to be done.
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

bat
Apr 12 2009, 12:36 PM
Sir Tenure
Apr 12 2009, 11:52 AM
bat
Apr 12 2009, 11:42 AM
quindo said wat i was gonna say

posts shud only be deleted and people shud get suspended or w.e if they break a if rule its only the internet >_>

Since we are using invisionfree, maybe we can go by the rules they use on their own boards? I think they are to harsh, but here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://if.invisionfree.com/boardrules/

that if guidelines

im on about this -

http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=tos

Terms of Service to create an invisionfree forum?
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

Mizen
Apr 12 2009, 02:05 PM
Make me Mod

Thats an idea

What would you do as mod?
Posted Image

Sir Tenure
Member Avatar

sqemish fish
Apr 12 2009, 02:08 PM
tbh i dont use this forum alot, but when i do i constantly see mods ruining. most the topic that people enjoy just get close or removed and a ton of posts deleted, just cus 1 prick mod wants to act like they're 30. ffs jardine

Yea i see that alot of people don't like getting threads closed.

I can guess one or the other, the thread being closed or the flame/spam deleted from it. If neither happens then this will not be a community but a flame forum.

If you can find a way of balance in containing spam/flame in popular threads then please suggest it.

I am taking everything here personal, not in the bad way, but in a way as to adjust to what the community would like. But bear in mind i won't just let spam/flame in every thread.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CWC Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Recently active topics:Topic starters: