Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Contract Press 'Dark Side of the Moon'?
Topic Started: Jul 24 2018, 12:39 PM (97 Views)
Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I found this and won the auction. The record is currently on its way to me but I wanted to post here about it as I'm really curious as to what you all think.

Posted Image

It's Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and the ring on the label is not EMI, so could this be a contract press? I remember, ages ago, someone posted here with a copy of Band on the Run with the same kind of feature - was it ever discovered who pressed it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mike
Jul 24 2018, 12:39 PM
I found this and won the auction. The record is currently on its way to me but I wanted to post here about it as I'm really curious as to what you all think.

Posted Image

It's Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and the ring on the label is not EMI, so could this be a contract press? I remember, ages ago, someone posted here with a copy of Band on the Run with the same kind of feature - was it ever discovered who pressed it?
yes you get them for imagine too and several other titles, i believe they are most likely orlake pressings from dagenham !

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I got the record today. The labels are textured / rough and has the different inner ring. The deadwax has no machine stamping whatsoever, just a hand-etched matrix number and HTM initials. I've tried taking some better photos using my phone camera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i am fairly sure that is an Orlake from c 1974, vinyl is probably heavy too, Orlake pressed a lot of Island records up until 74, you should be able to find a palm tree orlake to compare with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Chit-Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply