Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Philippines single w/ pushout center
Topic Started: Jul 10 2018, 04:13 PM (57 Views)
socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've seen dozens of Philippines singles in passing, and I think this ebay listing is the first time I've seen a pushout with the center intact.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Philippines-THE-BEATLES-Girl-45-rpm-Record/372364140544?hash=item56b2a1e000:g:JuEAAOSwjdpbRFOi

Most of them were cut with the wide jukebox hole, but a quick perusal revealed a pushout missing the center. No big insight, just caught my eye.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
It seems that the philippines was a law into itself regarding record releases, with some unique couplings. I notice that there is a number of Apple singles up for 100 atm. Been lucky to get badfinger without you for around 20, waiting for Take it all. Philippines post is so slow. I think that they give it to a small child to walk it all the way!

AH

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't looked at it systematically, but my sense is that there were a handful of countries that released numerous pairings that were not found in the UK-US catalogs, often featuring songs that were not released as singles at all in UK-US. Presumably this is because the record market in some countries continued to me more driven by singles than LPs. Others that come to mind are Nicaragua and Venezuela.

Edited by socorro, Jul 11 2018, 01:24 PM.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chile used the Apple numbers without the R prefix randomly on solo releases and the likes of M.Hopkin
Goodbye 8, power 26, lamb 34, give me love 39, boogaloo 33 j.farm 48. There are many more, these I have.

If you are looking for substitutes for UK unreleased discs the South Americas is a goldmine. Witness love is strange Mexico do

AH

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Singles and EPs · Next Topic »
Add Reply