Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aynil Uk Demo
Topic Started: Jul 4 2018, 03:43 PM (222 Views)
admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I decided that this was too good to bury in my budget thread. A UK Beatles demo has to be the jewel in the crown of any serious Beatles collection, right? Even better if it comes at a "budget" price! 255 on ebay. The seller even delivered it by hand.
Yes, the middle's popped, but the disc offers an excellent play, with a few light marks and no noise.

AH

Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations Admiral, that's a superb addition and excellent value.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks! I optimistically judged that the popped middle would deter the high rollers. I have to say that I have been wearing a "Cheshire Cat" expression since receiving it.

AH

fkmiller
Level 2
[ *  * ]
admiral again my cap is doffed in your direction sir. an unbelievable coup that one. take away the envious part and you certainly give the rest of us hope.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well thank you Sir!

AH

rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
That was my 1st demo too, now I just need LMD to complete, highly unlikely I guess!
Well done to you!
Edited by rsinige, Jul 4 2018, 09:20 PM.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only other "affordable" UK Demo's I have are Yesterday & USSR. I doubt that even I can be that lucky to grab another demo at a bargain price.

AH

rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Well its a start and you never know!
It has taken me a long long time to get them. I now have all the solo demos and Apple demos! So to have one missing is annoying. I did see a LMD demo without a centre (rare like that and almost all are intact) but the label was badly written on etc. It went for over 700, maybe I have a little regret now but Id pay that now I think just to say I have one!

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
As you've seen in my budget thread, many of my finds are way from mint. I always buy something if I don't have it, and it's not overpriced. At least you can then have a more leisurely search for that upgrade at a good price.

AH

PS, I don't think Mrs Halsey would suffer a houseful of Beatles demo's, as this would certainly impact on her lifestyle!
Edited by admiral halsey, Jul 5 2018, 08:14 AM.

rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Haha, I know what you mean.

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not quite a 'divorce proceedings' price there - great snatch at a bargain price!

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I promised myself something special when I retired. Fuh was on the list but Mrs.H made her feelings quite clear on that one. I certainly didn't expect such a treat to come in at that price and, to be honest, I bid much higher than the finishing price.

AH

PS The grin is still firmly attached to my face.

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Trying to kill an ant with a sledgehammer.

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i confess I did spend big on my LMD demo ( 2k) and more recently 1.5k on a AHDN demo ( i could not let it pass ) but my popped centre HG is now looking like more of a bargain as every attempt to upgrade has led in failure, thks for posting Admiral !!!

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have always dreamt of having a UK Beatles demo. Whilst nice to have, the 1976 Demo's are a bit " Mickey mouse " by comparison. I doubt that my luck will permit another such demo finding it's way into my collection, but hey , never say never!
Thanks for the feedback guys

AH

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Your Little Gems! · Next Topic »
Add Reply