Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Beatles rare 60s poster?
Topic Started: May 11 2018, 07:14 PM (75 Views)
beatfan182
Level 1
[ * ]
I want to share this 60s Beatles poster that my father has in his possession. I do believe it to be pretty hard to find and would love more info on it, if you have it. I can only find one other poster that exists from doing my own online research. A woman reached out to my father recently about acquiring the poster, so any info would be cool. Thanks. beatfan182@gmail.com

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks like an in-store promo item from Christmas 1964. It presents very nicely. There were probably lots of them made, given the number of record retailers in the US, but ephemera like this has a huge attrition rate.

What is the size?

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's a rare one. Poster Central reviewed a copy in 2014, but one doesn't see it often.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxAHXDV694
In fact, according to the Poster Central website, the guy you see in the above review wants to pay "top dollar" for a copy.
https://blog.postercentral.com/2014/05/26/beatles-65-beatles-story-rare-1964-promo-poster-capitol-records-2/

Heritage Auctions has never sold a poster like that one, but they have sold Beatles Second Album posters for $10,000 to $20,000. The typical poster goes for $800 to $1500, but Second Album is particularly rare. YOURS may be just as rare. A spot-check online reveals none of them, so I checked Bruce Spizer's Capitol Albums book. Bruce pictures a copy on page 107 of the digital edition. He doesn't indicate its rarity.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Memorabilia · Next Topic »
Add Reply