Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
all ebay sub catagories are gone; has anybody seen this yet
Topic Started: Apr 10 2018, 10:00 PM (141 Views)
muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
has anybody tried to sell on ebay today, all the sub cats are gone, everything is now listed under music records and thats it !!

try searching for what you want with that !!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's all I've ever used. Even then I sometimes miss an LP that's classified as memorabilia.

It's all about the search terms.

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
eBay is a capitalists joke - and the joke is on it's users
squeezing every penny out of dedicated and genuine buyers and sellers while wallowing in a tax free bubble 'with-out' every country it conducts it's business
The new software and algorithms it uses are very un-user friendly and beggars common sense
Unfortunately it is the best platform to buy and sell
That is by design, and due to 'private' governments masquerading as 'public' bodies being paid millions so that eBay and many more private marketing corporations are allowed to be above the laws of the countries - we are stuck with it.
So whatever they say and do we must be grateful for the mercy of using their software.
stroll on

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I see plenty of subcategories: record size; speed; genre; duration; artist; condition....

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
namralos
Apr 14 2018, 08:14 PM
I see plenty of subcategories: record size; speed; genre; duration; artist; condition....
but when you actually go to list an item Frank thats where the sub cats have gone you can only list now as MUSIC RECORDS

further down in the listing some months ago they added some additional boxes you could tick some of which at the time looked to me just like duplication of the sub cats, now of course it is clear they bought in these so they could do away with all the sub cats.

It's much harder now to do a specific search and many items will now fall between stools, so i expect sales to decline even further.

An long standing ebayer seller was saying to me if i had noticed the reduction in watchers in recent months, and i have.

Every change ebay makes the harder it makes it for us and the less we sell, and ironically the less they make too

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry, it seems like doing away with subcategories should have the opposite effect, since seller and buyer are less like to go down divergent paths. The downside is that each search will now get more results, which might frustrate some buyers.

I'll say that from a buyer's perspective, it seems like the must-have LPs are fewer and farther between for the past 5-6 months.

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
socorro
Apr 17 2018, 07:11 PM
Henry, it seems like doing away with subcategories should have the opposite effect, since seller and buyer are less like to go down divergent paths. The downside is that each search will now get more results, which might frustrate some buyers.

I'll say that from a buyer's perspective, it seems like the must-have LPs are fewer and farther between for the past 5-6 months.
YES as a buyer it frustrated me so many will just give up or ending up missing things because the pallet is too broad !

so its a lose lose

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply